Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,112 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1420209 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4110) (4111) (4112) (4113) (4114) (4115) (4116) ... (4612) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:26am On Feb 02
BlueRayDick:

https://www.nairaland.com/7988357/ndume-daughter-works-cbn-spoke

When Ndume was hyperventilating on the CBN relocation issue, I knew his lamentation was not from a place of logic. So he's only complaining cos his daughter who works with CBN will be relocating to Lagos and he's not happy about that. Smh.

Shame on other educated northerners who let themselves to be gaslighted by selfish politicians like Ndume who have their wards tucked in elite government agencies like CBN, FIRS, NNPC, FAAN etc while they continue to defend them online.

I just knew it made no sense for me wey no get any vested interest in what goes on in CBN to be fighting them for relocating their staff to Lagos where they will be provided with relocation and inconvenience allowance. Word on the street is that most of these elite children who are staff of CBN have other businesses they operate in Abuja and the relocation to Lagos will distort their plan of running those businesses side by side with the CBN job where they earn millions .

For all you know cardoso is also using style to force out the dead weight political appointees who alternate between marking register and compromising the organization. Ndumes daughter and others will probably chose to resign rather than have to do actual paid work

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:47am On Feb 02
GloriousGbola:

For all you know cardoso is also using style to force out the dead weight political appointees who alternate between marking register and compromising the organization. Ndumes daughter and others will probably chose to resign rather than have to do actual paid work

It's just unfortunate that our elites have normalized these things. Even if Cardoso succeeds in purging people like Ndume's daughter out, they will most likely be replaced with children of other elites who will come with their own attendant issues.

What happens to CBN doing normal recruitment like normal companies like banks, big 4's, oil & gas companies and other multi nationals? How will they get the best hands when they only recruit children of elites who get the jobs based on their parent's influence?

Nigerians get talents o. I will never forget one guy I met at the assessment center of one of the big 4's, that guy ran 2-degree programs at the same time: one in pet. engineering and the other in geology in different schools. He made first class in both, got scholarships while at it, has so many skills like well drilling, video editing, web development, etc. It's sad that someone like him will never get a shot at CBN, NNPC and FAAN job, but a child of a politician who graduates with a lower in any funny course will get the job.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:48am On Feb 02
iamoyindamola:

Them too get body odour for that side grin grin

Those ones sef no get sense, perf wey go finish within 2 weeks while the person they vote for will enjoy chopping money for 4 years
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:50am On Feb 02
Belief in Qur'an and the Bible don damage Africans' brains. They demonized and abandoned highly beneficial African science, the heritage of their ancestors and forefathers, and put all their faith in some useless bunch of papers from Isreal and Arabia. Clowns.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 9:22am On Feb 02
joseph1832:
Would it have been any different if Tinubu didn't win the last election?

Stop going through the corners, Joe. State it exactly how it is stated in Agbadotopia:

"What would Peter Obi have done differently?"
----

Can you please lend me your Corn I.D. for 30 minutes? I need to pay for something quickly with Flutterwave and I guess the rate they displayed to me is due to my support of Peter Obi. Please?

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 9:27am On Feb 02
larride:

It actually is still the right decision. We dont even have the reserve to continue to defend the naira. They should do total float and make fx transactions cashless.

With the new circulars released by CBN the past few days, it seems Cardoso head is moving in the right direction.

All I'd state is, I admire your unflinching loyalty. Every captain needs a crew member like you who wouldn't bolt or question the course even when everyone aboard knows the ship is headed towards a monstrous iceberg.

Because of people like you, we have moving stories like The Titanic.

9 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by joseph1832(m): 10:18am On Feb 02
DissTroy:

Stop going through the corners, Joe. State it exactly how it is stated in Agbadotopia:

"What would Peter Obi have done differently?"
----

Can you please lend me your Corn I.D. for 30 minutes? I need to pay for something quickly with Flutterwave and I guess the rate they displayed to me is due to my support of Peter Obi. Please?
You still didn't answer the question, ma main man. Would it have been any different if Tinubu didn't win the election?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 10:46am On Feb 02
This harmattan no want gree for anybody 😩
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 10:58am On Feb 02
A regular camry will now cost 3.6m to clear. Early 2022, it was 400k.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:59am On Feb 02
Itsrm:
A regular camry will now cost 3.6m to clear. Early 2022, it was 400k.

If u clear motor for N3.6m, how much u wan come sell am ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 11:05am On Feb 02
BlueRayDick:

If u clear motor for N3.6m, how much u wan come sell am ?

People will soon start riding donkeys and horses. cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:37am On Feb 02
Itsrm:

People will soon start riding donkeys and horses. cheesy

A news was reported last week that people in Katsina have resorted to using Mules for transporting items instead of using vehicles.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 11:47am On Feb 02
Of all the things troubling FCT now, the most important to Wike is implementing the hike of the tax of private schools in FCT..

It's all part of the "It's my Turn" manifesto...

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 12:25pm On Feb 02
grin

......Cardoso!!!

πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 12:28pm On Feb 02
grin

.......I really like what CBN is doing now, we won't allow them to destroy the economy. Naira will bounce back stronger, inflation will be crumbled and economy will be revitalized.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 12:32pm On Feb 02
grin

Here are the Banks holding billions of dollars in their position - not transaction backed.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:01pm On Feb 02
OasisX:
grin

.......I really like what CBN is doing now, we won't allow them to destroy the economy. Naira will bounce back stronger, inflation will be crumbled and economy will be revitalized.

CBN should continue playing. Several hours after the deadline the banks were given, how far? Dollar don come down?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:12pm On Feb 02
This happened at UCH Ibadan. A sick new born baby was brought in by her parents for treatment, the matrons on duty requested that the mother of the child who wore Niqab removes her Niqab so she can be with the child while they treat her. ( They explained this is necessary because babies have weak immune system and the Niqab can actually spread infection in a neonatal ward)

The mother refused to take off the Niqab and the father insisted on her not taking it off. The medical officers declined going ahead to treat the child in the clinic if the mother will not take off the Niqab.

The parents obviously believe they are being discriminated against while the medical officers insisted they are protecting the child and other children in the clinic from infection.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C211K1uozPW/?igsh=eTcyNnVxdjF5NXRz
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:31pm On Feb 02
Itsrm:

CBN should continue playing. Several hours after the deadline the banks were given, how far? Dollar don come down?

cool

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:32pm On Feb 02
grin

.....BDC sef don dey fold. Cardoso ain't Meffy.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:37pm On Feb 02
grin

.....imagine businesses in Nigeria charging in Dollars?! And we expect Naira to be stable and strong?!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:38pm On Feb 02
BlueRayDick:
This happened at UCH Ibadan. A sick new born baby was brought in by her parents for treatment, the matrons on duty requested that the mother of the child who wore Niqab removes her Niqab so she can be with the child while they treat her. ( They explained this is necessary because babies have weak immune system and the Niqab can actually spread infection in a neonatal ward)

The mother refused to take off the Niqab and the father insisted on her not taking it off. The medical officers declined going ahead to treat the child in the clinic if the mother will not take off the Niqab.

The parents obviously believe they are being discriminated against while the medical officers insisted they are protecting the child and other children in the clinic from infection.

It's a simple issue. If they can't comply with the laid down rules of the hospital, they should seek treatment elsewhere.

It's obvious they value obeying quranic injunctions more than their child's life.

With the state of insecurity in Nigeria at the moment, people need to be careful around these niqabis and their spouses (extremists).

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:39pm On Feb 02
Interesting..

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:44pm On Feb 02
Lmao... While we all pray for the naira to bounce back, being loud is not what a strategy.

Na the same loudness and hailings happen last year ending and yet naira touched 1k5 by January 😁.

Ask yourself.
Is everything in place to fight this?
For example the money being printed like water and not seen by citizens (three was naira scarcity in December).. Was it used to by fx by a selected few?

Are there other leakages that needs to be plugged?
Nor be to dey shout "Cardi B!" go bring down the dollar.
Continue like this, in 3 days the dollars go rise like 3am penisπŸ™

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:45pm On Feb 02
grin

.....Sad News: Nigeria 2nd-largest hydropower Plant, the 700MW Zungeru Power Plant, on River Kaduna, in Niger State is COMPLETED & CONCESSIONED.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:54pm On Feb 02
OasisX:

cool

So how much is it now grin

You mean the banks sold all the billions they are hoarding and this is still the exchange rate?

Again, CBN should not go and address real issues. They should continue playing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:02pm On Feb 02
A001:

It's a simple issue. If they can't comply with the laid down rules of the hospital, they should seek treatment elsewhere.

It's obvious they value obeying quranic injunctions more than their child's life.

With the state of insecurity in Nigeria at the moment, people need to be careful around these niqabis and their spouses (extremists).

Aside the security issue, I believe the health of the child should be the parent's first concern. If the health workers are saying u should take off Niqab to prevent spreading infection to ur baby and other babies on admission, I believe the wise thing to do is comply.

That kind strong head they are doing is similar to a Jehovah witness refusing blood transfusion when he or she is critically sick. I honestly don't know why people toy with their lives
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 2:04pm On Feb 02
BlueRayDick:

What kind of stupidity is this? If that child's life was important to them, she would have removed it. Is there any Islamic injuction that even mandates women to wear niqab in the public?

I like that the nurses stood their ground. Anywhere he likes let him post the video, nothing will happen.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 2:06pm On Feb 02
OasisX:
grin

.....BDC sef don dey fold. Cardoso ain't Meffy.

Dont hold your breadth.

All of these are just stop gaps for the short term. There still needs to be a long term strategy in play

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 2:07pm On Feb 02
OasisX:
grin

.....imagine businesses in Nigeria charging in Dollars?! And we expect Naira to be stable and strong?!

I thought there is/was a regulation against pricing in dollars in Nigeria?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 2:07pm On Feb 02
Itsrm:

So how much is it now grin

You mean the banks sold all the billions they are hoarding and this is still the exchange rate?

Again, CBN should not go and address real issues. They should continue playing.

It's called Net open position in banking.

To be fair I dont think the banks have sold. That much liquidity and volume most likely would have a significant impact.

Except of course, the banks aren't distributing to the economy or are selling to themselves or some sort of concentrated parties

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:08pm On Feb 02
Itsrm:

What kind of stupidity is this? If that child's life was important to them, she would have removed it. Is there any Islamic injuction that even mandates women to wear niqab in the public?

I like that the nurses stood their ground. Anywhere he likes let him post the video, nothing will happen.

I think for the parents it's an ego thing or having a resistance complex. Because I'm assuming the mother removing will be in the midst of the nurses who are equally women themselves; it's not as if a man will be there to look at her hair.

I don't know what the husband's problem his. As a father I will be more interested in getting my child treated ASAP than being concerned about whether my wife wears or removes her Niqab.

I guess the purpose of the video was to blackmail the nurses into bending the rules for them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4110) (4111) (4112) (4113) (4114) (4115) (4116) ... (4612) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mΓ©s Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Segedinho(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.