Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1472384 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4111) (4112) (4113) (4114) (4115) (4116) (4117) ... (4673) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:08pm On Feb 02
Itsrm:

So how much is it now grin

You mean the banks sold all the billions they are hoarding and this is still the exchange rate?

Again, CBN should not go and address real issues. They should continue playing.

User09:

Dont hold your breadth.

All of these are just stop gaps for the short term. There still needs to be a long term strategy in play

grin

......trust me bruhs!!! Cardoso ain't Meffy and its no longer business as usual. Wait till he is done in the kitchen.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:09pm On Feb 02
User09:

I thought there is/was a regulation against pricing in dollars in Nigeria?

grin

......Welcome to Nigeria, where its obvious that Fingers ain't equal.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:14pm On Feb 02
BlueRayDick:
This happened at UCH Ibadan. A sick new born baby was brought in by her parents for treatment, the matrons on duty requested that the mother of the child who wore Niqab removes her Niqab so she can be with the child while they treat her. ( They explained this is necessary because babies have weak immune system and the Niqab can actually spread infection in a neonatal ward)

The mother refused to take off the Niqab and the father insisted on her not taking it off. The medical officers declined going ahead to treat the child in the clinic if the mother will not take off the Niqab.

The parents obviously believe they are being discriminated against while the medical officers insisted they are protecting the child and other children in the clinic from infection.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C211K1uozPW/?igsh=eTcyNnVxdjF5NXRz
Awon illiterate
I once heard story of a jehovah witness that refused blood transfusion because it's against their religion and died after
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:21pm On Feb 02
iamoyindamola:

Awon illiterate
I once heard story of a jehovah witness that refused blood transfusion because it's against their religion and died after

This is not even a story, I know a woman who stayed close to our house who was a Jehovah Witness. Her husband had children from his first wife before he married her.

She waited for a long time and didn't have a baby until she got pregnant and was in critical condition at Ayinke house, Ikeja then. She needed blood transfusion, her husband didn't approve of it cos they are jehovah Witness.

She lost the baby and nearly lost her life but survived. Years later her husband died and she never remarried for a long till her eventual demise too. Even before she died her husband's older children had been planning to have move out of the house so they can sell it( They eventually sold the house after her demise).

That thing no make me like all those religious sect with yeye do's and don'ts
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:21pm On Feb 02
Zungeru Power Plant - 700MW of Hydropower:

—Approved for concession (30 years) to Mainstream Energy Solutions - Feb 2023

—Construction completed - Q2 2023

—Commissioning completed of all 4 turbines/generators by GE - Sept/Oct 2023

—Now officially handed over to Concessionaire - Jan 2024.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 2:21pm On Feb 02
I think it’s a misplaced priority for LASG to be thinking of setting up an airline at this time, considering the FOREX issues bedeviling Naija.

Whatever equity that LASG would want to invest in that venture would be better off channeled towards maintaining/improving public infrastructure, or even bonuses to its civil servants..

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 2:32pm On Feb 02
BlueRayDick:

I think for the parents it's an ego thing or having a resistance complex. Because I'm assuming the mother removing will be in the midst of the nurses who are equally women themselves; it's not as if a man will be there to look at her hair.

I don't know what the husband's problem his. As a father I will be more interested in getting my child treated ASAP than being concerned about whether my wife wears or removes her Niqab.

I guess the purpose of the video was to blackmail the nurses into bending the rules for them.

Yes, you'll hear him threatening them towards the end of the video.

Unfortunately for him, he's on his own.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 2:39pm On Feb 02
User09:

It's called Net open position in banking.

To be fair I dont think the banks have sold. That much liquidity and volume most likely would have a significant impact.

Except of course, the banks aren't distributing to the economy or are selling to themselves or some sort of concentrated parties

Bold of anyone to think whoever they sell to will not in-turn hoard it. That's if they don't perform one incredible financial abracadabra that will see them "selling" without actually selling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:47pm On Feb 02
BlueRayDick:

Aside the security issue, I believe the health of the child should be the parent's first concern. If the health workers are saying u should take off Niqab to prevent spreading infection to ur baby and other babies on admission, I believe the wise thing to do is comply.

That kind strong head they are doing is similar to a Jehovah witness refusing blood transfusion when he or she is critically sick. I honestly don't know why people toy with their lives

When they were nacking did they use hijab, when she was pushing the baby out during delivery or during CS did she use Hijab?

All those doctors and nurses did they not see her head/face when she was in labor?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:48pm On Feb 02
Itsrm:
So how much is it now grin
You mean the banks sold all the billions they are hoarding and this is still the exchange rate?
Again, CBN should not go and address real issues. They should continue playing.
What are the real issues that CBN can address in this instance
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:52pm On Feb 02
BlueRayDick:

I think for the parents it's an ego thing or having a resistance complex. Because I'm assuming the mother removing will be in the midst of the nurses who are equally women themselves; it's not as if a man will be there to look at her hair.

I don't know what the husband's problem his. As a father I will be more interested in getting my child treated ASAP than being concerned about whether my wife wears or removes her Niqab.

I guess the purpose of the video was to blackmail the nurses into bending the rules for them.

If she delivered the child through surgery or has any surgical procedure where the surgeon is male, will she insist on wearing Hijab in Operating room?

Won't the male doctor see beyond her beautiful face, he will actually see the towtow and even touch it to check if shes properly dilated.

Ask afrodoc, how many hours it takes to check for proper dilation even in unpregnant women

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:54pm On Feb 02
iamoyindamola:

Awon illiterate

At least she supported her religious beliefs till death, I respect that. Not the ones who change it when its convenient

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:54pm On Feb 02
PDPGuy:
I think it’s a misplaced priority for LASG to be thinking of setting up an airline at this time, considering the FOREX issues bedeviling Naija.

Whatever equity that LASG would want to invest in that venture would be better off channeled towards maintaining/improving public infrastructure, or even bonuses to its civil servants..

Its actually a brainless move, Just to pander to a few elites, when dem do trains roads and waterways plus 4th mainland finish they can even build space station

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:20pm On Feb 02
raumdeuter:

At least she supported her religious beliefs till death, I respect that. Not the ones who change it when its convenient
This is not belief but stupidity
Even God will knock her for being stupid
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:00pm On Feb 02
raumdeuter:

What are the real issues that CBN can address in this instance

I don't mean just the CBN. Both CBN and the FG. Instead of papering over the cracks, let's face why we are here in the first place. Until 2016, no one was hedging with the dollar like this.

And you've answered it yourself here. Those are the real issues. We will export raw materials and use dollar to import finished products.

The money these politicians are stealing alone could have revived the power sector. If we have steady power supply, one of the issues facing our manufacturing sector would have been eliminated. If we are able to manufacture and scale up our production, even if we still have to import, we will make money from exports as well.

raumdeuter:

The problem of rising dollar rate is simply because we have a deficit of trade

The other option is to use our dwindling earnings to continue defending the Naira. Which previous admin did so much and the country was going bankrupt

Until we fix the things that are causing the huge trade deficit na so we go dey unless you dey find person wey go dey lie to you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 4:05pm On Feb 02
raumdeuter:

If she delivered the child through surgery or has any surgical procedure where the surgeon is male, will she insist on wearing Hijab in Operating room?

Won't the male doctor see beyond her beautiful face, he will actually see the towtow and even touch it to check if shes properly dilated.

Ask afrodoc, how many hours it takes to check for proper dilation even in unpregnant women
This man! grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:17pm On Feb 02
raumdeuter:

When they were nacking did they use hijab, when she was pushing the baby out during delivery or during CS did she use Hijab?

All those doctors and nurses did they not see her head/face when she was in labor?

AHHH shocked shocked shocked
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 4:39pm On Feb 02
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:00pm On Feb 02
raumdeuter:

Dilation - To widen or enlarge an opening or hollow structure beyond its usual size

Doctor doctor what tool are you using to dilate your mentees?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:12pm On Feb 02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkG94uxQqO0

If u have spare time watch this video.

This is an evidence that Nigerians stay wicked anywhere they find themselves.

A Nigerian pastor brings people into the Uk for care giver job by selling CoS to them for 13,000 pounds and yet no job for them when they come in.

If don't understand Yoruba, start watching from 19:30, she narrated everything she said in Yoruba in English from 19:30.

The way the man casually informed them they are on their own weak me shocked
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 5:26pm On Feb 02
BlueRayDick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkG94uxQqO0

If u have spare time watch this video.

This is an evidence that Nigerians stay wicked anywhere they find themselves.

A Nigerian pastor brings people into the Uk for care giver job by selling CoS to them for 13,000 pounds and yet no job for them when they come in.

If don't understand Yoruba, start watching from 19:30, she narrated everything she said in Yoruba in English from 19:30.

The way the man casually informed them they are on their own weak me shocked
but jobs can be applied on-line.. I don't know why people use agents when mostly everything can be done with intense research..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:30pm On Feb 02
Realmrsean:
but jobs can be applied on-line.. I don't know why people use agents when mostly everything can be done with intense research..

Are u sure about that ? Cos even people already in UK find it hard to get CoS from what I heard .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 5:35pm On Feb 02
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 5:44pm On Feb 02
BlueRayDick:

Are u sure about that ? Cos even people already in UK find it hard to get CoS from what I heard .
the 13k pound 💷 for cos is true because my brother told me same thing that his friend got his for 12k pounds

But on finding job, maybe these people don't want to do manual works like warehouse job or cleaning services.. because those kinds of jobs dey and they pay very well as much as 10 pound 💷 per hour
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 6:35pm On Feb 02
Itsrm:
A regular camry will now cost 3.6m to clear. Early 2022, it was 400k.

That was before party primaries.

If you notice, Nigerian FX woes started from the primaries where the political heavyweights in APC and PDP were mopping up every dolla which was used to bribe delegates.

Nigeria have not been the same ever since .

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by olabode89(m): 6:37pm On Feb 02
Realmrsean:
the 13k pound 💷 for cos is true because my brother told me same thing that his friend got his for 12k pounds

But on finding job, maybe these people don't want to do manual works like warehouse job or cleaning services.. because those kinds of jobs dey and they pay very well as much as 10 pound 💷 per hour

£10/hr omo... how much go remain after rent, food, groceries, etc. At least them go use am settle down small.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 6:37pm On Feb 02
CrystalTiger:
Of all the things troubling FCT now, the most important to Wike is implementing the hike of the tax of private schools in FCT..

It's all part of the "It's my Turn" manifesto...
Tinubus main target have always been to widen the tax net.

Many people on this thread supported it..and gave many funny reasons why more people have to be paying taxes. ...even when they clearly know the money won't be put to a good use. Something they will loot. Smh

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 6:38pm On Feb 02
OasisX:
grin

.......I really like what CBN is doing now, we won't allow them to destroy the economy. Naira will bounce back stronger, inflation will be crumbled and economy will be revitalized.
Your own na always dreaming.

How will thieves revive and not steal more. Smh.

9 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 6:55pm On Feb 02
The president the people voted for before tinubu hijacked the ballot 🗳️ box

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:56pm On Feb 02
Emaprince:
Your own na always dreaming.

How will thieves revive and not steal more. Smh.

grin

Wale Edun × Olukayode × Cardoso. If you know you know! Naija must work zeh.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:05pm On Feb 02
grin

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:51pm On Feb 02
Emaprince:
That was before party primaries.

If you notice, Nigerian FX woes started from the primaries where the political heavyweights in APC and PDP were mopping up every dolla which was used to bribe delegates.

Nigeria have not been the same ever since .

I'm just laughing at those saying they will ban dom account. Who are those stocking millions of dollars in the domiciliary account

Cardoso should try it. Lets see if he won't lose his job under one month. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4111) (4112) (4113) (4114) (4115) (4116) (4117) ... (4673) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Itsrm(m), BOFREJO(m), A001 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.