Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1455964 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4569) (4570) (4571) (4572) (4573) (4574) (4575) ... (4648) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 1:07pm On Apr 15
LordAdam16:

It's not yet there.
But if recent history is any indication, this pre-emptive propaganda means the CBN is about to peg the rate at 900/950.

-Lord

Again, I dont know how many times this needs to be said, CBN isnt pegging any rate

This needs to be reiterated especially for those following. What CBN has been doing so far is what we call market signaling. There isnt or rather I havent seen any evidence of pegging so far
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:11pm On Apr 15
raumdeuter:

It's the problem of the school that graduated her

There are many types of graduates out there. There are some corpers who don't even know the meaning of NYSC

during nysc i was on camp with a big ass novel and a guy said - the book wey you read for school never do you grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 1:15pm On Apr 15
User09:

Again, I dont know how many times this needs to be said, CBN isnt pegging any rate

This needs to be reiterated especially for those following. What CBN has been doing so far is what we call market signaling. There isnt or rather I havent seen any evidence of pegging so far

Semantics.
That's like SpaceX saying its Starship test rocket did not explode. Rather it experienced rapid unscheduled disassembly.
The CBN is not pegging the rate. It is engaging in market signaling.

We all know what we are doing.

-Lord

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 1:25pm On Apr 15
LordAdam16:

Semantics.
That's like SpaceX saying its Starship test rocket did not explode. Rather it experienced rapid unscheduled disassembly.
The CBN is not pegging the rate. It is engaging in market signaling.

We all know what we are doing.

-Lord

Meh.

Not going to engage in faulty logic or comparison.

Maybe first acquaint yourself with the functions of the CBN.

The market is transparent enough with willing buyers and sellers who are determining the rates. And very very liquid one at that.

Maybe you can enlighten me on the meaning of pegged currency, lets have the debate on that
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 1:37pm On Apr 15
NBS inflation rate is wrong, Naira has been the best performing currency in the world since February and we have been seeing the effect on the economy grin

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by joseph1832(m): 1:38pm On Apr 15
OasisX:

grin

.....did you see any Celebrity spraying now again?! Just a scapegoat and everyone will adjust.
for how long?

One thing I know with Nigeria, we find it very hard enforcing our laws.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by joseph1832(m): 1:40pm On Apr 15
GloriousGbola:

during nysc i was on camp with a big ass novel and a guy said - the book wey you read for school never do you grin
grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:40pm On Apr 15
joseph1832:
for how long?

One thing I know with Nigeria, we find it very hard enforcing our laws.

....yes you are right, but shouldn't stop the Agencies from taking actions.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:56pm On Apr 15
GloriousGbola:

My CLO could not write a speech in English and when I write for her, she can barely read it

Whatever you think the standard for graduate should be, there are people below it and there are people above it(who might even ask if you are a graduate too)
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:38pm On Apr 15
raumdeuter:

My CLO could not write a speech in English and when I write for her, she can barely read it

Whatever you think the standard for graduate should be, there are people below it and there are people above it(who might even ask if you are a graduate too)

You are right. Nysc will show you that the level of education in this country is barely average.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:08pm On Apr 15
raumdeuter:

My CLO could not write in English, and his spoken English was barely intelligible. We had to apply guesswork to understand his speech.

The guy would say, " Yumu, yama, shrabo, kumulu, respect one another, fulakribo". We would then guess that he was begging Corp members to stop quarreling, and to respect one another. The guy studied Religious Studies in a Uni that claimed to be better than other Unis.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:29pm On Apr 15
larride:
You are right. Nysc will show you that the level of education in this country is barely average.
afrodoc2:
My CLO could not write in English, and his spoken English was barely intelligible. We had to apply guesswork to understand his speech.

The guy would say, " Yumu, yama, shrabo, kumulu, respect one another, fulakribo". We would then guess that he was begging Corp members to stop quarreling, and to respect one another. The guy studied Religious Studies in a Uni that claimed to be better than other Unis.

Another corper girl who was also teaching Maths like me. I used to help her with her lesson notes so she will just enter class to write notes on the board

One day it got to 203/10. She just used the zero behind 10 to cut the zero between 2 and 3 and her answer was 23

She is a graduate of Business Admin from a University in the South.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:35pm On Apr 15
raumdeuter:

Another corper girl who was also teaching Maths like me. I used to help her with her lesson notes so she will just enter class to write notes on the board

One day it got to 203/10. She just used the zero behind 10 to cut the zero between 2 and 3 and her answer was 23

grin grin grin
Agba mathematician
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 3:37pm On Apr 15
raumdeuter:

grin grin grin but why dem go give her Mathematics sef. Dem for give her Business Studies or Social Studies na
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:38pm On Apr 15
monerozi5590:
grin grin grin but why dem go give her Mathematics sef. Dem for give her Business Studies or Social Studies na

There was shortage of teachers and a BsC in Business Admin would have done some Maths at Uni level and should be able to handle JS2 maths
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 3:42pm On Apr 15
raumdeuter:

There was shortage of teachers and a BsC in Business Admin would have done some Maths at Uni level and should be able to handle JS2 maths

Very funny, she can't come and kill herself but that her solution is damn funny.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 3:46pm On Apr 15
raumdeuter:

Nigerian politician mathematics.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:51pm On Apr 15
raumdeuter:

😂😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 3:51pm On Apr 15
afrodoc2:

I served in the north, and brother, we saw terrible things.

The issues start with the standard of secondary schools. My guys in family house( used to go there when hospital accommodation didn't have water, which happened quite often as there was no borehole, they used to send tankers to come fill up our GP tank and the drivers were usually unreliable) who were teachers... Omo....

Omo.

I go just dey listen to gist dey laugh.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 3:52pm On Apr 15
raumdeuter:

At least, the basics of literacy and numeracy now...

My first day in camp I had to fill form for someone who was also a Prospective Corps Member.

Me that was waiting for my license to arrive so I'd even be allowed past the registration desk, worried and exhausted after a journey that began by 8am the previous day.

Nah, NYSC go show you things.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:01pm On Apr 15
So trump is on trial
What if he wins the election and still guilty of his crime
America president will be ruling from prison 🤣
Make them put the werey for Guatamala bay
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15
Unlimited22:

My first day in camp I had to fill form for someone who was also a Prospective Corps Member.

Me that was waiting for my license to arrive so I'd even be allowed past the registration desk, worried and exhausted after a journey that began by 8am the previous day.

I saw someone older than my grandfather in camp this man still claim I am older than him because I helped him with his documents
He can't read or write(not old age now) but how did he graduate
Another girl couldn't write her name, she was even sent out of the camp because there's no proof this one pass through school at all
There's no way you wouldn't see terrible things during nysc
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:10pm On Apr 15
raumdeuter:

Another corper girl who was also teaching Maths like me. I used to help mentor her with her lesson notes so she will just enter class to write notes on the board

afrodoc2:

😂😂😂

game recognize game my man wink
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:25pm On Apr 15
Unlimited22:

The truth is right from our respective universities we all know quite a handful of students whom we know have no business gaining admission in the first place. Some in ur department and some in ur faculty as a whole.

Those particular students will cop as many carryover as the school allows for u to remain a student. When everyone gets to final year, they will have at least 4 extra semesters to clear their backlog and somehow they will eventually graduate. (either by sorting lecturers, begging lecturers for Let-My-people-Go marks, or even using mercenary to run things)

We had one like that in my department. Out of 10 courses we took in 100l first semester, they pasted 7 results same day and this lady copped 5 F's , 1 D and 1 E. How she was able to be on good standing as at the end of 100l I never really knew cos they stopped pasting results on boards and were uploading on each student's portal instead. But she never got rusticated; we left her in school and after about 3 years I heard she was mobilized for NYSC.

You can only imagine how the students she will teach during NYSC will suffer. I mean this lady ehn, even her friends who were average/below average students confirmed she's so dull. One of them was ranting one time we met at a party and were reminiscing about school days. She claimed she opened her book for this lady in a particular course, yet she still managed to fail the course.

Personally, I believe people like that don't have any brain for academics, but peer pressure, societal pressure and parental pressure is just what makes them want to get a degree at all cost. Probably because we worship paper qualifications sha as a country.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:28pm On Apr 15
iamoyindamola:

I saw someone older than my grandfather in camp this man still claim I am older than him because I helped him with his documents
He can't read or write(not old age now) but how did he graduate
Another girl couldn't write her name, she was even sent out of the camp because there's no proof this one pass through school at all
There's no way you wouldn't see terrible things during nysc

How far? Which series dey ground wey make sense?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:29pm On Apr 15
BlueRayDick:

How far? Which series dey ground wey make sense?
I will check tomorrow
Out of office today
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:38pm On Apr 15
iamoyindamola:

I will check tomorrow
Out of office today

Okay
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:46pm On Apr 15
Reno Omokiri's borther who is a pastor accused of rapin.g a 15 year old girl .

It is being alleged that Reno is trying to use his connection to frustrate the girl and her family from getting justice

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5vn4pFsRzx/?igsh=MTU1dmZ5Z2dyOHpycw==
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 6:29pm On Apr 15
BlueRayDick:
Reno Omokiri's borther who is a pastor accused of rapin.g a 15 year old girl .

It is being alleged that Reno is trying to use his connection to frustrate the girl and her family from getting justice

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5vn4pFsRzx/?igsh=MTU1dmZ5Z2dyOHpycw==
Oga oo, well sha people are different, cos not everything should make it to social media, the father could have jejely done his research and if true put the foolish pastor mercifully in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, to unalive would be doing him and his family a favour.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:45pm On Apr 15
Who saw the video al ittihad fan whip their player koboko
E be like say that sheikh dan play bet9ja Saudi🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:56pm On Apr 15
grin

.........................Case closed. LOL!

PHOTO STORY: Vera Anyim Meets The Enenches, Says No Ill-feelings

Vera Anyim, the lady at the centre of B.Sc Law Testimony controversy at the Dunamis Church in Abuja, has met with the Senior Pastor of the church, Dr Paul Enenche and wife, Dr Becky Enenche, on Monday.

Vera said she had since put the incident of Sunday behind her and moved on, asking Nigerians to do the same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4569) (4570) (4571) (4572) (4573) (4574) (4575) ... (4648) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: GloriousGbola, TemporaryHansel, raumdeuter, Ibukzy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.