Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,779 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1421729 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4572) (4573) (4574) (4575) (4576) (4577) (4578) ... (4614) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:34pm On Apr 16
Itsrm:

Some parents say it's networking and I can't fault their argument.

One or two of those children will become another Seyi Tinubu tomorrow.
One or 2 is too small for such investment
I understand paying high for university because of connection and mingling with high profile
But toddlers, nah

These creatures don't have brain of their own yet o
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:43pm On Apr 16
grin

......make una dey buy the dip o. Eyes go soon peel. LOL!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:48pm On Apr 16
iamoyindamola:

I understand paying high for university because of connection and mingling with high profile
But toddlers, nah

That money na small change to some people, Na for our eyes e be big money

And Davido or people living in Banana Island, Where dem wan send their kids? You no expect them to send them to uncompleted building or Ajangbadi nursery and primary

It would be insanity for a struggling family to be sending their kids to those places
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 4:49pm On Apr 16
chidekings:
this youngman has been cordial in his replies to you.....but ur replies is full of subtle insults and an air of superiority over his stance.

That's because he never has data to back up his erroneous statements.
Thus I view him as an irritant.

If he continues to shadow me when I point out the CBN peg rates, he should expect similar or worse treatment.

-Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 4:51pm On Apr 16
Itsrm:
grin

One day, the truth will come out.

User09 about to send a strongly worded email to Bloomberg to defend his beau Cardi B.

-Lord

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:55pm On Apr 16
iamoyindamola:

But toddlers, nah

It's more than that.

They can also network with parents, get contracts from the school e.t.c
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 5:05pm On Apr 16
LordAdam16:

That's because he never has data to back up his erroneous statements.
Thus I view him as an irritant.

If he continues to shadow me when I point out the CBN peg rates, he should expect similar or worse treatment.

-Lord

The ignorant fellow pontificates once again. Don't think some of us haven't noticed how you've been cleaning/modifying your comments when corrected

Anyway l could have been of immense value to you seeing how nonsensical your takes have been especially on this subject and believe me you would have learned a lot.

But true to type, you seen it as a personal attack. Well bye and keep on speaking with all the ignorance you have soaked in

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 5:06pm On Apr 16
Itsrm:
grin

One day, the truth will come out.
Coming from same Bloomberg that names the naira best performing currency in the world 😁
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:18pm On Apr 16
raumdeuter:

That money na small change to some people, Na for our eyes e be big money

And Davido or people living in Banana Island, Where dem wan send their kids? You no expect them to send them to uncompleted building or Ajangbadi nursery and primary

It would be insanity for a struggling family to be sending their kids to those places
They whine me
You way buy Azul limited edition
Change it to na for my eyes
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:25pm On Apr 16
iamoyindamola:

They whine me
You way buy Azul limited edition
Change it to na for my eyes

That Azul na for occasional drinking o. I fit no finish am when one term of fees go don finish
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:43pm On Apr 16
grin

......confirmed. a bag of 50kg [foreign] rice is ₦49k in Saki.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:19pm On Apr 16
Mariko-sama will go down as one of the most legendary characters in TV.

9 gun salute for you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:26pm On Apr 16
Amigoss:

It is written boldly on their website

https://charterhouselagos.com/homepage/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=mar_2024&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjww_iwBhApEiwAuG6ccCmcTrN00qprV1IkE7uCJ35XmDNbyWD8DdfCH0v7wStkPySLC6T_cRoCEsAQAvD_BwE

I didn't see a single black child on the website of a school opening in Lagos. Loads of whites though.

They've made it clear. They may be in Nigeria, but they're definitely not for yall.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:39pm On Apr 16
Another Celebrity don enter EFCC net for spraying naira .

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:47pm On Apr 16
I find that Charterhouse school concept incredibly disgusting. The Federal or State Government officials that approved the school permits are traitors.

This is gentrification on a most egregious level.
nihilistjnr:

To be honest, this 'achievement' is an indictment on Tinubu.

Why does Lagos need two international airports? And why must it be at Lekki?

Tinubu is carving out an enclave of Lagos for the super rich, whilst the rest of Lagos can go to hell.

I dread to think what would happen if he's allowed ro entrench societal stratification at National leve

nihilistjnr:

These people are laying thr foundation to carve out Lekki and Island as a new state

Thjs level of blatant gentrification is insane

nihilistjnr:

Nah no doubt.

The most noticeable improvements came during the Fashola years, but I want to caveat that by saying...the most noticeable improvements came on the Island, at a time when mainland population was exploding.

At this point I was already in the UK, so can't speak with too much authority, but every time i came back the mainland seemed worse, but the Island seemed better and better.

It's only in the Sanwo-Olu era I began to see improvements in Abule-Egba area with how they cleared up Pen-Cinems and I don't know who built the over head bridge at Oko-Oba Market

Iju Road is now OK-ish, but Fagba around the railway crossing is still a horrific mess.

Succesive APC Governments have quadrupled down on the divide between Island and Mainland with their blatant elitist gentrification policies.

Mark my words, they are going to declare Lagoon/Lekki state in the not too distant future.

Looks like my worst fears are beginning to materialise even sooner than anticipated
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:46pm On Apr 16
nihilistjnr:

Nah no doubt.

The most noticeable improvements came during the Fashola years, but I want to caveat that by saying...the most noticeable improvements came on the Island, at a time when mainland population was exploding.

At this point I was already in the UK, so can't speak with too much authority, but every time i came back the mainland seemed worse, but the Island seemed better and better.

It's only in the Sanwo-Olu era I began to see improvements in Abule-Egba area with how they cleared up Pen-Cinems and I don't know who built the over head bridge at Oko-Oba Market

Iju Road is now OK-ish, but Fagba around the railway crossing is still a horrific mess.

Succesive APC Governments have quadrupled down on the divide between Island and Mainland with their blatant elitist gentrification policies.

Mark my words, they are going to declare Lagoon/Lekki state in the not too distant future.

Na Ambode get this glory wey u dey give Sanwoolu o. Ambode literally opened up Agege-Pen Cinema-Oko Oba-Abule Egba axis.

Ambode built that Abule Egba bridge , he built the Pen Cinema road/bridge that stretched to all those Oko Oba side and linked Alimosho to Oju-Ore/ Ota side with the Ikola road he built .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:03pm On Apr 16
nihilistjnr:

I didn't see a single black child on the website of a school opening in Lagos. Loads of whites though.

They've made it clear. They may be in Nigeria, but they're definitely not for yall.

I would agree but for one thing. The real wealthy do not splash the cost on items. At least not oyibo wealthy. That showing the price is a pure Nigerian thing because it is really about promotion of a status symbol to the classless wealthy.

There is also something Dubious about this - the school clearly does not yet exist. All the pictures are renders of facilities that have not been constructed. Almost as if they plan to fund or build based on fees paid.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:12pm On Apr 16
GloriousGbola:

I would agree but for one thing. The real wealthy do not splash the cost on items. At least not oyibo wealthy. That showing the price is a pure Nigerian thing because it is really about promotion of a status symbol to the classless wealthy.

From what I saw on the school's website, the school is a new British school that runs British curriculum . Almost all the top staff are foreigners ( If I want to guess their nationality I will say they are British ) bar for the Director Of Communications Damilola Olatubosun .

I think the school is specifically for expatriates working & living in naija that want their kids to study in an elite British curriculum school and few Nigerians with deep pockets who also want British curriculum education for their kids without having to send them abroad at such tender age.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:29pm On Apr 16
BREAKING: Dangote crashes diesel price from ₦1,200 to ₦1,000 per litre

Dangote Petroleum Refinery has announced a further reduction of the price of diesel from ₦1,200 to ₦1,000 naira per litre.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:33pm On Apr 16
BlueRayDick:

From what I saw on the school's website, the school is a new British school that runs British curriculum . Almost all the top staff are foreigners ( If I want to guess their nationality I will say they are British ) bar for the Director Of Communications Damilola Olatubosun .

I think the school is specifically for expatriates working & living in naija that want their kids to study in an elite British curriculum school and few Nigerians with deep pockets who also want British curriculum education for their kids without having to send them abroad at such tender age.

Precisely why I find it hard to believe the site is aimed at brits.

Splashing prices of your elite prep school on your school home page is a very very unbritish thing to do. Il
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:35pm On Apr 16
OasisX:

Dangote Petroleum Refinery has announced a further reduction of the price of diesel from ₦1,200 to ₦1,000 naira per litre.

If they can push this then pump price may be 1,100 or thereabouts.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:49pm On Apr 16
If this Bloomberg news piece on our depleting reserves due to CBN defending the naira is true , then it means the whole blaming of binance & eventual clamping down on them is a smoke screen to divert people's attention . An attempt to make people look away from the fact that CBN and Tinubu's government are using our reserves to defend the dollars.

I'm not an expert in these matters but if they claim there has been considerable increase in foreign remittances to help meet our FX need ; how come our reserves have depleted faster in this in just 29 days than it has for a long while now ?

Abi Shey there's no relationship between our foreign remittances and our reserves ni ?

At this point make CBN show workings instead of doing the same thing NNPC did by denying paying for any subsidy in the face of overwhelming evidence

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:53pm On Apr 16
BlueRayDick:
Another Celebrity don enter EFCC net for spraying naira .
Good
These guys behave untouchable sometimes
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 10:05pm On Apr 16
OasisX:

Still too expensive, he should sell at ₦700 from his facility..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:06pm On Apr 16
I'm an F.C. Barcelona fan who also supports Arsenal F.C.

Football is a cruel thing to get invested in sometimes.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:29pm On Apr 16
grin

.....Yes PBAT administration met $34 billion in our foreign reserve [June 2023], but do we really care whether its being properly managed or not?!

The Administration has made many settlements in Dollars, yet foreign reserve just depleted by $1.2 billion. By the way, Bloomberg is finally a credible source to all parties?! Halleluyah. LOL!

In case una need to know wetin don sup so far;

- This administration paid $500 million Eurobond in July 2023.

- Paid external debt in Q4 - $900 million.

- Paid CBN legacy debt of $7 billion.

- Paid ways and means debt of $4 billion.

- Paid $1 billion to the USA government for weapons in November 2023.

You can google search any of the above for confirmations. Una suppose dey hail PBAT walahi. LOL!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:33pm On Apr 16
TrebleChamp:
Still too expensive, he should sell at ₦700 from his facility..

grin

.....it will come down more, once new policy of selling our crude oil to local Refineries first - kickstarts.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:34pm On Apr 16
nihilistjnr:
Mariko-sama will go down as one of the most legendary characters in TV.

9 gun salute for you.

You just remind me to go watch am after I done plan sweet sleep wey my body need
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:34pm On Apr 16
GloriousGbola:

If they can push this then pump price may be 1,100 or thereabouts.

grin

.....it will sell below ₦1,000 soon.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:45pm On Apr 16
BlueRayDick:
If this Bloomberg news piece on our depleting reserves due to CBN defending the naira is true , then it means the whole blaming of binance & eventual clamping down on them is a smoke screen to divert people's attention . An attempt to make people look away from the fact that CBN and Tinubu's government are using our reserves to defend the dollars.

I'm not an expert in these matters but if they claim there has been considerable increase in foreign remittances to help meet our FX need ; how come our reserves have depleted faster in this in just 29 days than it has for a long while now ?

Abi Shey there's no relationship between our foreign remittances and our reserves ni ?

At this point make CBN show workings instead of doing the same thing NNPC did by denying paying for any subsidy in the face of overwhelming evidence

I actually see sense in User09 arguments. The truth is somewhere in-between his argument and LordAdams

The volume of dollars that would be needed to increase Naira value by 40% is way more than $2 bln

I have seen CBN spend ten billion plus in short time frame just for Naira to stand still.

Without full disclosure of CBN accounts, I believe the Binance move as well as the NAFEM move took out some speculative noise and allowed Cardi to move the market with much less dollars than was needed before. Cardi really studied the situation and his prescription hit the mark. I also cannot discount State Governors profit taking which might be a phenomenon outside of the ambit of CBNs powers. Governors had been converting their allocations to dollars and would now be converting it back, giving them more Naira to prosecute their budgets.

Still, there is no loss for those holding dollars. Never in the history of niggadom has Naira appreciated over a reasonable timeframe and it will still meet that N2k within a medium term timeframe.

All said, much kudos to Cardi B.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:46pm On Apr 16
YoshihideSuga:

Apologies for quoting you here, but I'm curious, which areas/local government areas of Akwa Ibom State are farmers having issues with herdsmen?

Perhaps you'd point me to what made you ask this? I had to filter-search Facebook from April 1 to now immediately I saw this, but no results returned for clashes.

I only know they were isolated skirmishes with farmers around 2021 in parts of 3 LGAs: Ibesikpo Asutan, Ibiono Ibom and Itu LGAs. I've not heard or read of such since the anti-grazing law was passed.

Maybe there are skirmishes I don't know about so maybe point me to the piece of news which prompted the question?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 10:50pm On Apr 16
Ibime:

I actually see sense in User09 arguments. The truth is somewhere in-between his argument and LordAdams

The volume of dollars that would be needed to increase Naira value by 40% is way more than $2 bln

I have seen CBN spend ten billion in short time frame just for Naira to stand still.

Without full disclosure of CBN accounts, I believe the Binance move as well as the NAFEM move took out some speculative noise and allowed Cardi to move the market with much less dollars than was needed before. Cardi really studied the situation and his prescription hit the mark. I also cannot discount State Governors profit taking which might be a phenomenon outside of the ambit of CBNs powers. Governors had been converting their allocations to dollars and would now be converting it back, giving them more Naira to prosecute their budgets.

Still, there is no loss for those holding dollars. Never in the history of niggadom has Naira appreciated over a reasonable timeframe and it will still meet that N2k within a medium term timeframe.

All said, much kudos to Cardi B.
first time you make sense, you know say no everytime your head they correct

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4572) (4573) (4574) (4575) (4576) (4577) (4578) ... (4614) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: monerozi5590, izzou(m), Antivenom, Amigoss, Emaprince and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.