Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1457953 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4570) (4571) (4572) (4573) (4574) (4575) (4576) ... (4654) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:07pm On Apr 15
grin

.....if una serve us breakfast, make una dey serve us dinner too.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:09pm On Apr 15
grin

.......Sad News.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 8:44pm On Apr 15
raumdeuter:

Another corper girl who was also teaching Maths like me. I used to help her with her lesson notes so she will just enter class to write notes on the board

One day it got to 203/10. She just used the zero behind 10 to cut the zero between 2 and 3 and her answer was 23

She is a graduate of Business Admin from a University in the South.

Hmmmmm....Tell us more about this sir...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:58pm On Apr 15
Olowunl01:

Oga oo, well sha people are different, cos not everything should make it to social media, the father could have jejely done his research and if true put the foolish pastor mercifully in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, to unalive would be doing him and his family a favour.

But the crazy thing about the law in Nigeria is the moment u try to take law into ur own hands as a nobody; that's the moment the law will suddenly start to work. If the father tries ur suggestion, I'm afraid he will rot in jail in naija o.

The only option he has is to make noise in the media and hope enough powerful people will feel his pain and take his matter up
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 10:35pm On Apr 15
As APC nor find am anything,Tony Kabaka enter studio cheesy,Asari Dokubo next grin

https://twitter.com/etinosirrr/status/1722931792624115975?t=PuDxO4Dv6AG8MMBsZsP3ZA&s=19

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:52pm On Apr 15
Amigoss:
As APC nor find am anything,Tony Kabaka enter studio cheesy,Asari Dokubo next grin

https://twitter.com/etinosirrr/status/1722931792624115975?t=PuDxO4Dv6AG8MMBsZsP3ZA&s=19

grin grin

It's always funny seeing non state actors making videos and u see their boys with guns which some even shoot to let u know they are not dummy guns .

Yet the same government that ignored them for reasons best known to them will now budget billions of naira to fight insecurity . What do they think those guys do with those guns when there's no election in season and no ballot box for them to snatch ?

Do they think they go bury the guns under the ground and be waiting for God to feed them ? Government go dey budget money dey form anti-robbery squad when any armed robber could've borrowed those guns from the political thugs and use to run several robbery operations .

Nigeria is just not a serious country . When some I hear some takes of abroadians ; I just know they don't understand these things .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 11:35pm On Apr 15
Raumdeuter running mentorship and educational facilitation programs for able, willing but intellectually motile babes grin

Bro said na notes him dey copy grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:37pm On Apr 15
DeadPresidents:
Ramdeuter running mentorship and educational facilitation programs for able, willing but intellectually motile babes grin
Roland17:

Hmmmmm....Tell us more about this sir...
Na afrodoc get that space

He lectures them In-towtow
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 11:42pm On Apr 15
raumdeuter:

Na afrodoc get that space

He lectures them In-towtow

We know all those Lamba. All of una wey sabi book for Uni dey use that avenue collect all the babes back then. E get one of my guy wey use Engineering Drawing finish work for class that year for babes wey no sabi anything grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:05am On Apr 16
DeadPresidents:

We know all those Lamba. All of una wey sabi book for Uni dey use that avenue collect all the babes back then. E get one of my guy wey use Engineering Drawing finish work for class that year for babes wey no sabi anything grin

Na so one of my guys take marry him wife . He never really spoke much to the lady until
she failed Calculus ( MAT 103 ) after 100level results came out.

She was devastated obvioulsy and baba just go console her and her two friends . Because my guy don do ND before coming for BSC and has a head start ahead of everybody ; he just promise to tutor her to help her pass the course when she retakes and any other difficult courses going forward .

After that day ; he dey dedicate his time to always tutor her privately . Eventually they came out as a couple .

On the day of their wedding when one of our guys was called to make a toast to the couple ; he bluntly mentioned several instances he met them at garden doing beyond reading but dem
Dey disguise for him. grin. He said he knew it will either lead to breakfast or the alter but he's glad it ended in the latter . The toast was crazy ; people come dey talk their mind about the relationship including people wey dey toast the girl but she no consider them cos their brain no reach alaye own

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 12:24am On Apr 16
Been too busy to come back to the earlier post and now I'm shocked seeing the amount of likes and shares on it.

This tells me 2 things; Perhaps, people just dont understand or have clarity on what is been debated - and this includes the Lord guy

or People are neck deep in their agenda and just want the false propaganda to be true.

I'll now give clarity and proper explanation for the first set of people and those who possibly want to gain a proper understanding of the market and what's been going on.

The market signaling being spoken of is the sale of USD to the BDC at a perceived lower rate - I say perceived, cos remember that this low rate being chosen was also determined by the market interactions - albeit the lowest one. Now the market has reacted to such signals just like how it would in any free market economy. Think about it, even in any supply shop or market, if theres any sentiment of price drop, Wouldnt other sellers act accordingly?. Its the same reason we had that whole discussion few days back about retailers abusing their powers. This isnt the case here with the Fx market

Now pay attention here; CBN has not intervened in the dominant market - NAFEM and in terms of supply and demand and liquidity, NAFEM is still the market to go.

To put this in context, the total sales by CBN so far to BDC's this year is around $60m. Now compare this to the volume being traded/turnover in NAFEM for just Q1 which is around $13 billion. Now tell me exactly how CBN is pegging the rate or how a 60 million would have any impact in such a market ( Recall I asked the Lord guy to do the numbers earlier and he bailed). Even with the velocity of money being accounted for, this 60m cant have the significant impact being discussed

Infact the major FX inflow so far has been from foreign remittances, which is why I was baiting the LORD guy when he kept saying the drop in CBN reserves was as a result of CBN intervention. Luckily for him, he didnt continue the conversation. There's still no evidence so far of any CBN’s sale or intervention in the NAFEM windows, so maybe you can ease off on the pegging noise and depletion of reserves

Now all of this are based on market data and the little transparency so far from the CBN and like I have mentioned in the past, it is still a short to mid-term win. Some of us in the market are still watching.

Now if you feel otherwise and feel strongly about the opposite. Maybe you can share your priviledged data with me or maybe even short the Naira and put your money where your mouth is like the Americans will say. I have attached the current FX futures quote to make it easy for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:00am On Apr 16
OasisX:
grin

.........................Case closed. LOL!

Just as i expected/predicted.

God has done it again. cheesy

But why is her shirt saying Nautical instead of Nautica?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:12am On Apr 16
User09:
Been too busy to come back to the earlier post and now I'm shocked seeing the amount of likes and shares on it.

This tells me 2 things; Perhaps, people just dont understand or have clarity on what is been debated - and this includes the Lord guy

or People are neck deep in their agenda and just want the false propaganda to be true.

I'll now give clarity and proper explanation for the first set of people and those who possibly want to gain a proper understanding of the market and what's been going on.

The market signaling being spoken of is the sale of USD to the BDC at a perceived lower rate - I say perceived, cos remember that this low rate being chosen was also determined by the market interactions - albeit the lowest one. Now the market has reacted to such signals just like how it would in any free market economy. Think about it, even in any supply shop or market, if theres any sentiment of price drop, Wouldnt other sellers act accordingly?. Its the same reason we had that whole discussion few days back about retailers abusing their powers. This isnt the case here with the Fx market

Now pay attention here; CBN has not intervened in the dominant market - NAFEM and in terms of supply and demand and liquidity, NAFEM is still the market to go.

To put this in context, the total sales by CBN so far to BDC's this year is around $60m. Now compare this to the volume being traded/turnover in NAFEM for just Q1 which is around $13 billion. Now tell me exactly how CBN is pegging the rate or how a 60 million would have any impact in such a market ( Recall I asked the Lord guy to do the numbers earlier and he bailed). Even with the velocity of money being accounted for, this 60m cant have the significant impact being discussed

Infact the major FX inflow so far has been from foreign remittances, which is why I was baiting the LORD guy when he kept saying the drop in CBN reserves was as a result of CBN intervention. Luckily for him, he didnt continue the conversation. There's still no evidence so far of any CBN’s sale or intervention in the NAFEM windows, so maybe you can ease off on the pegging noise and depletion of reserves

Now all of this are based on market data and the little transparency so far from the CBN and like I have mentioned in the past, it is still a short to mid-term win. Some of us in the market are still watching.

Now if you feel otherwise and feel strongly about the opposite. Maybe you can share your priviledged data with me or maybe even short the Naira and put your money where your mouth is like the Americans will say. I have attached the current FX futures quote to make it easy for you.

Quote THE LORD guy directly or mention his name LordAdam16

You too dey do fear fear, you get illness or social hangup?

Why write epistle ontop his matter but addressed at us. Do we look like jurors?

Anyway, I am convinced by your argument on volume and your points are solid.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 6:22am On Apr 16
@User09

If my use of the term "pegging" triggers you, get a stress ball or a fidget spinner.
I will not stop using it.

This is PUNCH referencing an industry source who drew attention to the CBN selling $300m to banks in February.
https://punchng.com/cbn-sells-over-300m-to-banks-as-naira-gains

This is the state of our reserves as of Friday the 12th.
https://cbn.gov.ng/IntOps/Reserve.asp

The Americans say "if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck".

Cardi B should continue pegging the rate and depleting the reserve to prop up the naira.
His chickens will come home to roost.

-Lord

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:29am On Apr 16
DeadPresidents:
Raumdeuter running mentorship and educational facilitation programs for able, willing but intellectually motile babes grin

You think some one like raumdeuter will do things like that for free 😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by joseph1832(m): 6:45am On Apr 16
OasisX:
grin

.........................Case closed. LOL!

according to Jesus "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone". Lol.

Nigerians nearly roast this pastor as if dem no dey make mistake. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:35am On Apr 16
afrodoc2:

Just as i expected/predicted.

God has done it again. cheesy

But why is her shirt saying Nautical instead of Nautica?

grin

.......May God keep blessing our Aba Brothers.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:35am On Apr 16
joseph1832:
according to Jesus "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone". Lol.

Nigerians nearly roast this pastor as if dem no dey make mistake. grin

grin

...............nearly?! LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 8:38am On Apr 16
Ibime:

Quote THE LORD guy directly or mention his name LordAdam16

You too dey do fear fear, you get illness or social hangup?

Why write epistle ontop his matter but addressed at us. Do we look like jurors?

Anyway, I am convinced by your argument on volume and your points are solid.

You're the only one I ignore and this is from your history on the Chelsea thread where you have a penchant for being rude and from your unwillingness to adjust your opinions when proven wrong.

I clearly said it in my post that it was addressed both to the lord guy and the likers and sharers and those who may wanna get an understanding

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:44am On Apr 16
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 8:48am On Apr 16
LordAdam16:
@User09

If my use of the term "pegging" triggers you, get a stress ball or a fidget spinner.
I will not stop using it.

This is PUNCH referencing an industry source who drew attention to the CBN selling $300m to banks in February.
https://punchng.com/cbn-sells-over-300m-to-banks-as-naira-gains

This is the state of our reserves as of Friday the 12th.
https://cbn.gov.ng/IntOps/Reserve.asp

The Americans say "if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck".

Cardi B should continue pegging the rate and depleting the reserve to prop up the naira.
His chickens will come home to roost.

-Lord

Again I have said it or referenced it in my post. If you wanna be headstrong and keep saying the same thing despite no evidence, then by all means continue.

I will say it again, There is no evidence of any intervention in the market by CBN and I still dont know why you keep looking at the drop in reserves despite no known association so far.

You keep looking at news articles without a fundamental understanding of the market. I'll help you just this one time cos i'm getting bored with you regurgitating the same tosh. 2 major reasons why the reserves are going down.

1. Debt Repayments - Most of them fell due in the referenced period

2. (Forward) Contracts which are also falling due and being repaid .

You see how easy it is to conduct research and not just take the lazy approach by looking at the reserves data and tying it to the drop in exchange rate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:14am On Apr 16
User09:

Again I have said it or referenced it in my post. If you wanna be headstrong and keep saying the same thing despite no evidence, then by all means continue.

I will say it again, There is no evidence of any intervention in the market by CBN and I still dont know why you keep looking at the drop in reserves despite no known association so far.

You keep looking at news articles without a fundamental understanding of the market. I'll help you just this one time cos i'm getting bored with you regurgitating the same tosh. 2 reasons why the reserves are going down.

You see how easy it is to conduct research and not just take the lazy approach by looking at the reserves data and tying it to the drop in exchange rate.

They will never be open about it. The BM is not just moving the NAFEM by market signaling, I strongly suspect they are still the largest supplier of FX at the NAFEM window at any rate they want but then, like you said I have no evidence. CBN has said they are floating the currency, they will die on that hill.

It's the same with NNPC. They will never publicly admitting to paying subsidy. And you'll never have any evidence to prove otherwise.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 9:41am On Apr 16
Itsrm:

They will never be open about it. The BM is not just moving the NAFEM by market signaling, I strongly suspect they are still the largest supplier of FX at the NAFEM window at any rate they want but then, like you said I have no evidence. CBN has said they are floating the currency, they will die on that hill.

It's the same with NNPC. They will never publicly admitting to paying subsidy. And you'll never have any evidence to prove otherwise.

Well, there are actual market participants who can see this thing. Anyway CBN needs to start publishing their reserves payment report, Maybe it'll help with all the skeptics

As for the subsidy, that one is clear as day. Otherwise fuel price would have been moving just as the International one does especially if you consider exchange rate movements
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 9:48am On Apr 16
User09:

You keep looking at news articles without a fundamental understanding of the market. I'll help you just this one time cos i'm getting bored with you regurgitating the same tosh. 2 reasons why the reserves are going down.

I am enjoying this exchange, please don't be discouraged.

As someone whose understanding of economics is low, what I am getting from your stance is that @LordAdam16 usage of the term pegging is inaccurate as what is happening is market signalling which is norm for central bankers e.g Feds, BoE does when it comes to interest rates.

Now where I am lost is the suggestion that FDI or Foreign Remittance is the key reason for Naira gaining, do you have any chart or figures of last 3months to support this?

I ask this cos @LordAdam16 opinion of CBN defending the Naira seems very plausible, whilst it might not be responsible for the full amount of decline in our foreign reserve, as all it has to do in signal the rate it is able to sell USD, such signal creates sentiment of intention and you really have to have big pockets to bet against these sentiment.

Overall - would seem you guys agree that this is not sustainable? Have you considered the effect of the refineries coming on stream reducing our FX demands? Escalations in the middle east leading to increase in oil prices our biggest FX earner?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 10:07am On Apr 16

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 10:10am On Apr 16
User09:

You keep looking at news articles without a fundamental understanding of the market. I'll help you just this one time cos i'm getting bored with you regurgitating the same tosh. 2 major reasons why the reserves are going down.

CBN has been intervening in the forex market na. I don't understand this your point by saying there's no evidence of CBN intervening in the market.

Here is Rotus explanation. Nigeria borrowed huge amount of dollars in selling bonds to defend the Naira and this is currently what's happening in the market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_yH7B7zRyw?si=fXFje58hdelah6Sh
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 10:14am On Apr 16
Olowunl01:

I am enjoying this exchange, please don't be discouraged.

As someone whose understanding of economics is low, what I am getting from your stance is that @LordAdam16 usage of the term pegging is inaccurate as what is happening is market signalling which is norm for central bankers e.g Feds, BoE does when it comes to interest rates.

Now where I am lost is the suggestion that FDI or Foreign Remittance is the key reason for Naira gaining, do you have any chart or figures of last 3months to support this?

I ask this cos @LordAdam16 opinion of CBN defending the Naira seems very plausible, whilst it might not be responsible for the full amount of decline in our foreign reserve, as all it has to do in signal the rate it is able to sell USD, such signal creates sentiment of intention and you really have to have big pockets to bet against these sentiment.

Overall - would seem you guys agree that this is not sustainable? Have you considered the effect of the refineries coming on stream reducing our FX demands? Escalations in the middle east leading to increase in oil prices our biggest FX earner?

I didnt say this. All I said was it forms the bulk of supply/fx inflow and this is backed by actual comments by CBN spokesperson. The Naira gaining is just the market doing what it typically does if you consider the speculative nature of the fx market.

As for the refinery, I suspect its another way to tackle FX demand. Since the government has repeatedly said that importation of refined petroleum product is one of the major FX expense
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:16am On Apr 16
Fallout
https://driveseed.org/file/UpJxCpS0QM6bf8utyBJp

The hijacking of flight 601
https://driveseed.org/file/P2TDVLFqmiu3Bl2uleJe

Shogun ep9
https://mega .nz/file/wPckRCLT#hiS AzAEG0-TRbvq-2LsbZHD-VHJ81-g-fredsbqhaQk
CC blueraydick
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 10:21am On Apr 16
monerozi5590:

CBN has been intervening in the forex market na. I don't understand this your point by saying there's no evidence of CBN intervening in the market.

Here is Rotus explanation. Nigeria borrowed huge amount of dollars in selling bonds to defend the Naira and this is currently what's happening in the market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_yH7B7zRyw?si=fXFje58hdelah6Sh

Dude will still quote you and tell you with a straight face there is no evidence of the CBN intervening in the market.

“If you are not aware, kindly note that the CBN last week sold over $200m to the banks below N1,500/dollar. Similarly, this week, the CBN has on two consecutive days sold FX to banks at rates we understand to be in the $1,450 range. We hope this information helps guide your decisions regarding the rates and spreads you get from your banks.”

Culled from the link I included in my reply to him.
punchng.com/cbn-sells-over-300m-to-banks-as-naira-gains

He still quoted me to repeat the "no evidence" fallacy.

I have given up on him.

-Lord

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:26am On Apr 16
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 10:31am On Apr 16
LordAdam16:

You keep repeating this fallacy that CBN does not intervene directly in the NAFEM.
Maybe you can't read.

Here it is in black and white:

Culled from punchng.com/cbn-sells-over-300m-to-banks-as-naira-gains

I have provided proof that the reserves are declining following CBN renewed vigor in pegging the rate.

Now provide proof that debt repayment and forward contract payments are responsible for the almost net -$2B in the decline of the reserves in 3 weeks.

-Lord

Look it'll be better to ask questions rather than sink deep in your ignorance.

I have had most of the answers to your questions if you noticed but I've just been baiting you from the onset and you keep sinking while trying to lord off your " ignorance"

Are you even aware there's something called interbank markets??. I should help you with a basic research when I can just look at reserves data and pontificate like you

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 10:35am On Apr 16
User09:

Look it'll be better to ask questions rather than sink deep in your ignorance.

I have had most of the answers to your questions if you noticed but I've just been baiting you from the onset and you keep sinking while trying to lord off your " ignorance"

Are you even aware there's something called interbank markets??. I should help you with a basic research when I can just look at reserves data and pontificate like you

You can't provide data to back up your statement.
Now move along.

And remember to get a standby defib. Because you'll be needing it whenever I point out the CBN is pegging the rates on this thread.

-Lord.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4570) (4571) (4572) (4573) (4574) (4575) (4576) ... (4654) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.