Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1478403 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4610) (4611) (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) ... (4680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 11:51am On Apr 29
https://www.nairaland.com/8076587/fg-dumps-n16-trillion-railway

always knew this project was dead on arrival but I decided to keep quiet, before they tag me wailer and an obidient cheesy , you know say nobody love Nigeria pass APC bots.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:56am On Apr 29
GloriousGbola:

Nigeria will transition to a true free market economy, or we will go bankrupt

it is what it is

we have been skating for decades on parallel fx rates and wasted subsidies that drained the federal purse

there is no money anymore so we can take the pain, or we can play the game buhari played and wake up one day to a truly bankrupt nation

So what pain were we taking during Buhari's tenure? Or were we enjoying then?

By 2031, you will tell us Tinubu has failed, and we should move to the next.

Free market economy indeed, when there is no fuel to even buy in the first place.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ouzo1(m): 11:57am On Apr 29
A001:

Jonathan was 100% right. APC is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria in her history.

The fact that people are not even protesting at this period shows all the protests in this country are politically motivated.

Word.....APC fit say to rule country na by gra-gra make Dem so am make we see. Selfish people.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 11:57am On Apr 29
ouzo1:
Strategist dey run out of strategies now na prayers Baba dey find.
No mind wike. Strategy dey to rig we no see him prayers that time but when it comes to showing workings to move the country forward na that time e remember Pale dey for heaven. Pale wey don even put them for DND.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ouzo1(m): 12:01pm On Apr 29
WhoDeyHause:

No mind wike. Strategy dey to rig we no see him prayers that time but when it comes to showing workings to move the country forward na that time e remember Pale dey for heaven. Pale wey don even put them for DND.

Wike suppose know say God don commot hand for Naija matter,like u talk make Dem show workings or getdifok out..Make I come waste prayers say who die.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 12:04pm On Apr 29
ouzo1:

Wike suppose know say God don commot hand for Naija matter,like u talk make Dem show workings or getdifok out..Make I come waste prayers say who die.
China, Rwanda and the Asian tigers didn't go and be flashing God or their gods anyhow without action. Even Bible talk say faith without works is dead.
If you can't improve the situation of what was committed to you to head at least don't make it worse.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 12:07pm On Apr 29
We were made to believe Wizmid doesn't like drama and generally avoids trouble or violence.
Surulere Humble Smith.
https://www.nairaland.com/8076398/wizkid-mocks-davido-viral-knees

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ouzo1(m): 12:07pm On Apr 29
WhoDeyHause:

China, Rwanda and the Asian tigers didn't go and be flashing God or their gods anyhow without action. Even Bible talk say faith without works is dead.
If you can't improve the situation of what was committed to you to head at least don't make it worse.

No leave them na only Naija Sabi God na,small thing prayers..Make Dem sit down dey wait for CBN Governor from heaven or angels disguised as technocrats for Tinubu.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 12:11pm On Apr 29
izzou:

So what pain were we taking during Buhari's tenure? Or were we enjoying then?

By 2031, you will tell us Tinubu has failed, and we should move to the next.

Free market economy indeed, when there is no fuel to even buy in the first place.

buhari refused to follow through on the following subsidies

dollar, fuel and power

the pain now is because we are now being told to pay market rates for these items

as a person in transport, you actually know how it goes. diesel and dpk have been deregulated for years and the price of diesel is 20-30 cents more per gallon than petrol in the us. that means if diesel is 1400, petrol should be like 1300. all that time disel was 600-900 and petrol was 145, fg was paying the difference. i watched price of air travel rise from 25k lagos to kano to 75k lagos to kano in 2021-22, while price of pms remained constant. it was subsidies the administration did not have the money to pay for that kept petrol low at this time. to the point nnpc said we will stop remitting to the federal account. we all know this story

the fact that things are the way they are now should tell you we were in a bubble.

and this is the conundrum - no one is going to come and invest in the power industry for instance, if the prices are below actual market rates.

almost all the discos are in debt or taken over by amcon. if i was an investor who wanted to buy a disco and inject money into the economy by so doing, and i am told i will earn below market rate, do you think i will continue?

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Odunharry(m): 12:13pm On Apr 29
nihilistjnr:

If its confirmed that one or two monikers will play in this match, it might be time for me to dust my shinpad and jersey like John Terry. There are some careers I have particular interests in ending finally.
De Jong style in 2010 finals grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:15pm On Apr 29
GloriousGbola:

dollar, fuel and power

the pain now is because we are now being told to pay market rates for these items

as a person in transport, you actually know how it goes. diesel and dpk have been deregulated for years and the price of diesel is 20-30 cents more per gallon than petrol in the us. that means if diesel is 1400, petrol should be like 1300. all that time disel was 600-900 and petrol was 145, fg was paying the difference. i watched price of air travel rise from 25k lagos to kano to 75k lagos to kano in 2021-22, while price of pms remained constant. it was subsidies the administration did not have the money to pay for that kept petrol low at this time. to the point nnpc said we will stop remitting to the federal account. we all know this story

the fact that things are the way they are now should tell you we were in a bubble.

and this is the conundrum - no one is going to come and invest in the power industry for instance, if the prices are below actual market rates.

almost all the discos are in debt or taken over by amcon. if i was an investor who wanted to buy a disco and inject money into the economy by so doing, and i am told i will earn below market rate, do you think i will continue?

But there is no fuel to buy.

It is not like you can walk into any station with 1000 and leave with a litre.

Why is there no fuel, and nobody is saying anything from above?

Pendragon that i mentioned yesterday said they have stopped all orders at the depots.

If na another party, i am very sure all these explanations would not have come off you easily grin

Jonathan did the exact same thing, and people carried caskets to mock him.

12 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 12:20pm On Apr 29
GloriousGbola:

dollar, fuel and power

But didn't Buhari and Tinubu protest against Jonathan when he removed this subsidy? Are you saying he should have removed what he protested against?

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 1:33pm On Apr 29
As long as people like Gloriousgbola and raumdeuter exist APC will stay in power indefinitely.
If you think Nigeria will ever get better you better wake up from that dream.

14 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:37pm On Apr 29
TemporaryHansel:
As long as people like ramdeuter exist APC will stay in power indefinitely.
If you think Nigeria will ever get better you better wake up from that dream.

Of the over 8million votes Tinubu got in the last election, Not one of it came from ramdeuter. So its Nigerians who want APC to stay in power because they feel APC is better than the alternative

Sure you are right, the chances of Nigeria getting better is very slim, next to zero regardless of who gets to become president
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 1:43pm On Apr 29
WhoDeyHause:
We were made to believe Wizmid doesn't like drama and generally avoids trouble or violence.
Surulere Humble Smith.
https://www.nairaland.com/8076398/wizkid-mocks-davido-viral-knees

Wizzy get bad character sha,reduce a whole don Baba j to influenza...Love the drama sha,divert us from the fuel scarcity meltdowns,I just dey laff to gbas gbos since grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 1:57pm On Apr 29
😂😂😂😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ouzo1(m): 2:28pm On Apr 29
Government must take dey blame for failed policies.

I still need to pray for master strategist?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 2:51pm On Apr 29
Amigoss:

Wizzy get bad character sha,reduce a whole don Baba j to influenza...Love the drama sha,divert us from the fuel scarcity meltdowns,I just dey laff to gbas gbos since grin
Brooooooo you sabi, since morning everywhere hot. Popsy just woke up and chose violence.
You didn't see the work FC have been doing since morning if you talk anyhow you collect, even Terry and Vidic no defend reach them today. After Messi and Ronaldo fans that group is one big problem in nigeria's twitter space. Even Vado wey dey waka pass still drop him own after one FC militant give am strays.
I think all these started from that davido's afrobeats interview reason why I don't get the DonJazzy shade.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 2:53pm On Apr 29
Brendaniel:
Imagine Paying subsidy of almost 1 trillion monthly and still having fuel scarcity

Imagine having Dangote refinery and still having fuel scarcity

Imagine paying 1200 for fuel and still having fuel scarcity

Imagine investing 1.5 billion dollars to fix Port-harcort refinery and still fuel scarcity

Propaganda is not governance....

100%

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 2:59pm On Apr 29
raumdeuter:

Of the over 8million votes Tinubu got in the last election, Not one of it came from ramdeuter. So its Nigerians who want APC to stay in power because they feel APC is better than the alternative

Sure you are right, the chances of Nigeria getting better is very slim, next to zero regardless of who gets to become president
But it can be on it's way to getting better if a proper foundation is laid though just like a lot of stuffs when you build from the scratch. With all due respect egbon all these Nigeria is bad, Nigeria ti baje, Nigeria jagajaga doesn't excuse failed leadership or policies. You can't be actively campaigning against fuel subsidy removal in your time, dragging the government of that time too by the blokus and then expect things to cool off and people keeping quiet when it is your turn. Nigeria will be built when whosoever is serious about building it starts even if it takes 100 years.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:10pm On Apr 29
WhoDeyHause:

But it can be on it's way to getting better if a proper foundation is laid though just like a lot of stuffs when you build from the scratch. With all due respect egbon all these Nigeria is bad, Nigeria ti baje, Nigeria jagajaga doesn't excuse failed leadership or policies. You can't be actively campaigning against fuel subsidy removal in your time, dragging the government of that time too by the blokus and then expect things to cool off and people keeping quiet when it is your turn. Nigeria will be built when whosoever is serious about building it starts even if it takes 100 years.

People deal with challenges of their times
Our parent generation were fed chicken in University, So when you wan start protest to be fed chicken in school too?
Some time graduates used to get official car so when you wan start the protest for grads official car since our parent generation got?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 4:00pm On Apr 29
WhoDeyHause:

Brooooooo you sabi, since morning everywhere hot. Popsy just woke up and chose violence.
You didn't see the work FC have been doing since morning if you talk anyhow you collect, even Terry and Vidic no defend reach them today. After Messi and Ronaldo fans that group is one big problem in nigeria's twitter space. Even Vado wey dey waka pass still drop him own after one FC militant give am strays.
I think all these started from that davido's afrobeats interview reason why I don't get the DonJazzy shade.

FC's na ment...Donjazzy shade na ladipoe cause am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 4:43pm On Apr 29
GloriousGbola:

dollar, fuel and power

At the very least Mele Kyari should've been relived as GMD of NNPC.

The kind of back to back to back fuel scarcity we have seen under that man is something else.

Fuel is an essential commodity and it affects alot of things and productivity especially since we have epileptic power that we shouldn't be having this kind of scarcity.

It shouldnt be happening at all.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:52pm On Apr 29
larride:

At the very least Mele Kyari should've been relived as GMD of NNPC.

The kind of back to back to back fuel scarcity we have seen under that man is something else.

Fuel is an essential commodity and it affects alot of things and productivity especially since we have epileptic power that we shouldn't be having this kind of scarcity.

It shouldnt be happening at all.

mele kyaris nnpc reintroduced fuel scarcity with a vengeance with their tainted fuel

and like you said no head rolled

instead we were seeing photos of the guy shining teeth with buhari angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:08pm On Apr 29
GloriousGbola:

mele kyaris nnpc reintroduced fuel scarcity with a vengeance with their tainted fuel

and like you said no head rolled

instead we were seeing photos of the guy shining teeth with buhari angry

Tinubu should've relieved him of his duties when he sacked almost everyone.

This is on Tinubu. This is the second time we are having fuel scarcity this year alone. Its unacceptable.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:14pm On Apr 29
Meanwhile NFF appoints Finidi George as Head Coach of the Super Eagles.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 5:28pm On Apr 29
Vawulence full air today cheesy,wetin dey happen?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 5:30pm On Apr 29
Meanwhile I have always maintained that Wizkid is not a mature,he just used silence to cover himself up.

Anytime he talks he is always spewing nonsense.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 5:44pm On Apr 29
Amigoss:

FC's na ment...Donjazzy shade na ladipoe cause am
The thing surprised me. DonJazzy would be one of the last people I'll expect to get subs from popsy. And don hasn't said anything yet. Make them sha no trigger burna boy. That his corner bam tweet months ago still dey burst my head. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:45pm On Apr 29
Ballzproblem2:

whats the root cause of all these shading
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 5:47pm On Apr 29
Ballzproblem2:
If you don't know, Now you know grin grin grin
But tekno too has money both as an artist and a producer, make kizz Daniel no reason am
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 5:47pm On Apr 29

(1) (2) (3) ... (4610) (4611) (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) ... (4680) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mÊs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: izzou(m), TemporaryHansel, RevFrEbuka(m), Roland17(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.