Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:12 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1568396 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (4836) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2022
JUST IN: APC Presidential Candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has agreed to pick a Muslim running mate so as to brighten the chance of APC winning the 2023 elections. This was disclosed by his Excellency
@GovUmarGanduje

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2022
Itsrm:

I really don't see Wike defecting to APC but I'm sure there'll be internal sabotage by him after Atiku did him dirty. cheesy

The Wike I know would have issued a statement after Okowa was selected. If he hasn't, something is obviously cooking but I don't think he'll defect.

You never show your hand in politics until you have carried all stakeholders along both in PDP, and reconciled with the APC like Tonye Cole, not to mention Amaechi. So even if he was planning decamp, he wouldn't tell you until all parties are on the same side. Make he no be like Amaechi that decamped and lost the whole structure of Rivers State in so doing.

If Goodluck his political Godfather can decamp, decamp is not beyond Wike, but he will be powerless if he decamps and the whole House of Assembly in Rivers doesn't move with him

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 6:31pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ibime:

You never show your hand in politics until you have carried all stakeholders along both in PDP, and reconciled with the APC like Tonye Cole, not to mention Amaechi. So even if he was planning decamp, he wouldn't tell you until all parties are on the same side. Make he no be like Amaechi that decamped and lost the whole structure of Rivers State in so doing.

If Goodluck his political Godfather can decamp, decamp is not beyond Wike, but he will be powerless if he decamps and the whole House of Assembly in Rivers doesn't move with him

Wike wants to be president. If he decamps to APC, he will have to wait for 16 years to actualise his dream. First he has to wait for BATs tenure to end, he will wait another 8 years for power to shift to the North before it comes back to the South. There is no assurance APC will even give him the slot by then.

If he stays in PDP, he has another realistic chance to contest 4 or 8 years from now.

That is why I don't see Wike defecting but you can never be sure of anything with these guys.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2022
Itsrm:

I really don't see Wike defecting to APC but I'm sure there'll be internal sabotage by him after Atiku did him dirty. cheesy

The Wike I know would have issued a statement after Okowa was selected. If he hasn't, something is obviously cooking but I don't think he'll defect.

Wike is a politician who has finished his 8yrs tenure, what he is after now is howhe will be relevant post 2023. He doesnt have any election to win in the nearest future but how he will be given something to hold body so he wont become useless like all the Sullivan Chime, Attah Udughan Ambode. Amaechi finished his governorship tenure 8yrs ago how many of his colleagues who finished 8yrs ago are still relevant and not semi broke now?. Aligning with the winning party is crucial to keep your money alive

Rivers has many interest groups like Amaechi Abe and Wike. If Wike is decamping now he has to have the guarantee that the whole APC structure in Rivers will be given to him. And he wont be begging all over. How do you do that without offending Amaechi

But in politics nothing is impossible, Akpabio wey carry 2015 election for head pass is now in APC

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2022
Itsrm:

Wike wants to be president. If he decamps to APC, he will have to wait for 16 years to actualise his dream. First he has to wait for BATs tenure to end, he will wait another 8 years for power to shift to the North before it comes back to the South. There is no assurance, APC will even give him the slot by then.

If he stays in PDP, he has another realistic chance to contest 4 or 8 years from now.

That is why I don't see Wike defecting but you can never be sure of anything with these guys.

If PDP wins 2023, In 4 to 8yrs, the VP Okowa will be preparing himself for that position. So will Wike have enough clout to fight Okowa in 4-8yrs time?

If PDP doesnt win, which money will Wike use to campaign and buy delegates in 4-8yrs time. Its not easy to spend money anyhow when you are not in govt

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
raumdeuter:

If PDP wins 2023, In 4 to 8yrs, the VP Okowa will be preparing himself for that position. So will Wike have enough clout to fight Okowa in 4-8yrs time?

If PDP doesn't win, which money will Wike use to campaign and buy delegates in 4-8yrs time. Its not easy to spend money anyhow when you are not in govt

Except PDP finds a miraculous way to bring back PO and Kwankwaso, they will not win in 2023. Atiku himself must know this already.

Wike and a lot of PDP stalwarts also know this. Infact, I watched an interview of Kasim Afegbua on Channels and he pretty much admitted the same. PDP will lose the election.

If Atiku and Okowa contest and lose, I don't see Atiku winning the primary in 2027 even if he contests. Okowa is a nonentity no one regards even in his own state.

The road is quite clear for Wike. With his stooge in office, he has enough money to contest any election.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
Itsrm:

Except PDP finds a miraculous way to bring back PO and Kwankwaso, they will not win in 2023. Atiku himself must know this already.

Wike and a lot of PDP stalwarts know this already. Infact, I watched an interview of Kasim Afegbua on Channels and he pretty much admitted the same. That PDP will lose the election.

If Atiku and Okowa contest and lose, I don't see Atiku winning the primary in 2027 even if he contests. Okowa is a nonentity no one regards even in his own state.

The road is quite clear for Wike. With his stooge in office, he has enough money to contest any election.
I agree with what you said so far
But will Wike be willing to continue investing in an opposition when 2027 will reach another Atiku or Tambuwal will show up and win as long as they are able to share dollars. You know how expensive opposition financing is. Now that he wont be in govt

Imagine how much Wike invested in PDP struggles in the last 4yrs plus the primaries and what did he get back in return?

E get wetin Akpabio see wey make am grab his chance in APC instead of financing opposition when he doesnt have direct access to state funds
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kofimoses: 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
izzou:

And lastly, they should stop taking Raumdeuter serious. I don't grin.

If he likes, he should hype Tinubu with 5 pages, he will not vote. I no know why him post dey pepper them

1000 Raumdeuter's comments on Tinubu = 0 INEC votes

I disagree with the last bolded, a lot of people who are outside the country may definitely not vote but their narratives are capable of impacting upon people. Afterall the only reason we're here is to impact our own knowledge on other people. There is something called "conditioning". If you repeat a lie several times, it becomes believable.

For example, if many known people here start simultaneously saying Buhari is actually a good president and high performing president, at first you might be shocked, but when the narrative is constant and the messengers keep repeating the message and giving examples of how he has increased the arm forces and constructed this or that, you suddenly start questioning your reality. Your mind becomes "conditioned" to believe this outright falsehood that Buhari is a high performing leader and a good president.

That is the danger of false rhetorics. Constant repetition begins to make it appear truthful.

We are currently experiencing that with people who are now selling a clearly weak and senile man as the most capable man to lead Nigeria, in a country full of capable hands like Peter Obi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2022
Itsrm:

Wike wants to be president. If he decamps to APC, he will have to wait for 16 years to actualise his dream. First he has to wait for BATs tenure to end, he will wait another 8 years for power to shift to the North before it comes back to the South. There is no assurance, APC will even give him the slot by then.

Not suggesting he definitely wants to decamp but he will explore all options. The scenario you painted above also applies if Atiku wins cos Okowa would be next in line if power was zoned to SS
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2022
raumdeuter:

I agree with what you said so far
But will Wike be willing to continue investing in an opposition when 2027 will reach another Atiku or Tambuwal will show up and win as long as they are able to share dollars. You know how expensive opposition financing is. Now that he wont be in govt

Imagine how much Wike invested in PDP struggles in the last 4yrs plus the primaries and what did he get back in return?

E get wetin Akpabio see wey make am grab his chance in APC instead of financing opposition when he doesnt have direct access to state funds

Well, like I said earlier, with these guys you can't be sure of anything. Make we dey see how events unfold

I hope fanatics of PO are following. Even if he wins, this is how Fayose and Fayemi and the others will visit him and decamp to Labour Party. Back to square one.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ibime:

Not suggesting he definitely wants to decamp but he will have conversations. The scenario you painted above also applies if Atiku wins cos Okowa would be next in line if power was zoned to SS

Atiku will not win cheesy

I bet he knows it himself already
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
If Sanwo-Olu won't unban Okada in his next tenure, I am not voting for him angry

Infact, that should be his only plan for 2023; To unban okada.

Today trekking inside dirty water no be here angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
I withdrew from the PDP Governorship primary in Kaduna because I didn't want to buy delegate votes. - Senator Datti Baba-Ahmed
https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/1545470681554587649
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2022
If Atiku is from Cameroun, is Baba-Ahmed not from Mauritania? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:10pm On Jul 08, 2022
Lol...if his mum or grandmum is of Nigerian heritage, he's Nigerian.
Ibime:
If Atiku is from Cameroun, is Baba-Ahmed not from Mauritania? cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Skimpledawg(m): 9:38pm On Jul 08, 2022
larride:

And oh, if you want to know who I am, I stay in Lagos, if you are not in Lagos, you can come down to Lagos, we set location and time so that the thing you are looking for, you will find it.
You be kolo man grin grin

Wotowoto for Wotowoto cheesy

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2022
Several fully funded PhD scholarship opportunities available at La Trobe University, Australia, Project-based. Open to both domestic & international students
Stipends: $32,500

https://www.latrobe.edu.au/research/graduate-research/fees-and-scholarships/scholarships/project

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Skimpledawg(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ibime:
Kloppo dey vex oh cheesy
Omo, I no con understand bros kloppo again. Baba came armed
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
Skimpledawg:

Omo, I no con understand bros kloppo again. Baba came armed

lol. Bros no dey carry Obi play.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
Oasis007:

What's your take on subsidy removal?!

Cc

Raumdeuter
BlueRayDick
Jodera
Larride
Afrodoc2
Ibime
Roland17

Subsidy removal would have been a great step if there were concrete plans to address our energy production/ availability crisis. Are Nigerians going to be paying the true market rate of energy or would they also be responsible for cushioning the effects of the double digit inflation on the price of the products when it arrives the pump? I think that is the bigger question for me.

Subsidies are supposed to be short termed as the government finds sustainable ways to address our refineries. My biggest fear is that the removal of subsidies will distract the government from fixing our refineries and other policy related issues that have bedeviled the sector because Nigerians are now paying through their nose for energy.

The market price of our energy products, double digit inflation numbers and poor revenue will force many manufacturers and employers of labor to close shop which will lead to even more unemployment, insecurity and other issues that affect the economy. Which means, it may ultimately become counter productive.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2022
Amoto94:
Several fully funded PhD scholarship opportunities available at La Trobe University, Australia, Project-based. Open to both domestic & international students

https://www.latrobe.edu.au/research/graduate-research/fees-and-scholarships/scholarships/project

Great job Baba.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
Roland17:

Subsidy removal would have been a great step if there were concrete plans to address our energy production/ availability crisis. Are Nigerians going to be paying the true market rate of energy or would they also be responsible for cushioning the effects of the double digit inflation on the price of the products when it arrives the pump? I think that is the bigger question for me.

Subsidies are supposed to be short termed as the government finds sustainable ways to address our refineries. My biggest fear is that the removal of subsidies will distract the government from fixing our refineries and other policy related issues that have bedeviled the sector because Nigerians are now paying through their nose for energy.

The market price of our energy products, double digit inflation numbers and poor revenue will force many manufacturers and employers of labor to close shop which will lead to even more unemployment, insecurity and other issues that affect the economy. Which means, it may ultimately become counter productive.

I agree with most of what you said, but I dont agree with the part of govt fixing our refineries. I have very little belief or faith in anything govt run because experience over many years and in many countries have shown that govt parastatals are the most ineffcient and corrupt in the world.

I will rather sell all refinery to private sector people and govt buy refined fuel from them at a discount in exchange for some tax breaks. Govt cannot run a beer parlour succesfully

In my entire adult life, its been one govt repairing refinery or another and it has never worked. Its the same way govt is repairing Ajaokuta for over 40yrs and I doubt it has produced anything of note

Shebi you remember those days of NITEL too and how much govt was spending to "Fix our Telecommunication sector" every budget will be filled with billions to NITEL yet was horrible, less than 10yrs of private sector in telecoms we saw the difference

If a politician tells you govt will fix and make it work, IMO he is lying or he doesnt know the work involved. If he tells you straight up, I will sell to private sector Then I believe that

But because of politics I doubt any candidate will openly admit he will privatize even when they know its the right thing to do
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 10:43pm On Jul 08, 2022
grin grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2022
raumdeuter:

I agree with most of what you said, but I dont agree with the part of govt fixing our refineries. I have very little belief or faith in anything govt run because experience over many years and in many countries have shown that govt parastatals are the most ineffcient and corrupt in the world.

I will rather sell all refinery to private sector people and govt buy refined fuel from them at a discount in exchange for some tax breaks. Govt cannot run a beer parlour succesfully

In my entire adult life, its been one govt repairing refinery or another and it has never worked. Its the same way govt is repairing Ajaokuta for over 40yrs and I doubt it has produced anything of note

Shebi you remember those days of NITEL too and how much govt was spending to "Fix our Telecommunication sector" every budget will be filled with billions to NITEL yet was horrible, less than 10yrs of private sector in telecoms we saw the difference

If a politician tells you govt will fix and make it work, IMO he is lying or he doesnt know the work involved. If he tells you straight up, I will sell to private sector Then I believe that

But because of politics I doubt any candidate will openly admit he will privatize even when they know its the right thing to do

You are right about the mismanagement of a lot of government run sectors/ industries. The Nigerian economy as it stands is monocentric, simply put, it is primarily powered by the energy sector. Consequently, I don't see any Nigerian government selling or totally privatizing the sector and handing everything to private hands.

Until the economy truly becomes diversified to the point where the Agricultural/ Tourism/ Manufacturing/ Power/ Healthcare/ Technology begin to provide competitive revenue streams for the FG in comparison to the energy sector, it is not happening. There is a reason why the minister of petroleum since 1999 have been the President of Nigeria!

The deregulation of the energy sector will be great, I mean they are taking steps with the Dangote refinery but it will remain limited as Government will maintain it's stronghold on the sector.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2022
PDPGuy:
grin grin

Will all of these translate into voting come election day?

Elections are very rarely won in urban areas. Most elections are won in the rural areas and those are the places where other parties have strong structures, history and loyalty.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:09pm On Jul 08, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 11:46pm On Jul 08, 2022
raumdeuter:
Reno vs Obi people

https://www.nairaland.com/7218106/reno-omokri-denies-reports-twitter

Check his Twitter page, he still dey write book of lamentations grin grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 2:40am On Jul 09, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:06am On Jul 09, 2022
Roland17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggQeRqqIEZM

Back when Nigerians didn't know the journey was just starting. This was shortly after Babangida's SAP started hitting people.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:17am On Jul 09, 2022
Amoto94:

I am proud of you
Jazakumlah kaeran

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 5:19am On Jul 09, 2022
afrodoc2:

Back when Nigerians didn't know the journey was just starting. This was shortly after Babangida's SAP started hitting people.

SAP was a poorly timed policy. The introduction of SAP was like putting the horse before the carriage. A thriving economic era would have benefited immensely from SAP.

Oil prices had dropped significantly, we were witnessing 40% inflation rates, near absence of food, population explosion and huge foreign debts that were stifling the nation and Babangida thought restricting importation, over valuing the Naira by pegging exchange rates (@ Larride, this is one of the reasons I am against the single exchange rate you suggested) would resolve some of these problem. Problem is, when you over value the naira, the foreign market will not be interested because it is not the true reflection of your economic realities.

Another problem was, while poor Nigerians were making adjustments to the suffering, Maradona and the political class were robbing the Nation of whatever that was saved. I stand to be corrected, I am not sure we have witnessed the degree of unaccounted corruption as witnessed during the Babangida regime. It was reckless, wild and a free for all. Our debt profile got worse, the naira at this point was dead, the political instability and killings meant foreign markets avoided us even more and the decline of the manufacturing sector started from here.

Here we are making the same mistakes again. We closed the borders, restricted importation of agricultural produce but that did not reduce the cost of food prices, instead we have witnessed significant jump in prices of food. Outside of oil, we are not exporting anything that generates competitive revenue, we are witnessing another population explosion and the middle class in Nigeria is nearly non-existent. The CBN and Emefiele in a bid to control the foreign exchange market and peg prices have made things even worse because the current Naira is the true reflection of the realities of Nigeria. The manufacturing sector is going under because of our energy crisis while insecurity has ensured foreign investors are moving out.

Different times, same issues, same solutions, same results. Guess the similarity between both presidents from both eras? They are both from the Military.

5 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (4836) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: GloriousGbola, Ihebu4chelsea(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.