Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos (22212 Views)

Cooking Gas Scarcity Hits Lagos, Kano, Katsina, Others / Panic Hits Lagos Posh Areas, As Bandits Kidnap 6 In 24 Hrs - Tribune / US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Theunbothered: 10:37am On Jun 20, 2022
Another milestone for Borrowhari

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Theunbothered: 10:38am On Jun 20, 2022
Zonefree:

Pictures of the fuel scarcity

He wants pictures of petrol tanks to be sure that it is empty. grin
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Opolopoopolonio: 10:40am On Jun 20, 2022
Fahdiga:
South West is now in disarray

Pigggiiddiootts amaka
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Agbebakun22: 10:43am On Jun 20, 2022
No be small thing oo, no fuel omo i leg am from iyana ipaja to computer village. My legs dey pain me like dis

3 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Brushstrokes20: 10:43am On Jun 20, 2022
I had to finally purchase from black market to power my generator yesterday night undecided
The lifeless, satanic govt of SELF SERVING THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS is all shades of disasters! undecided
Ogun kill any brainless zombie that quotes me to spit trash!... Useless, brainless baaaastarrrds undecided

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 20, 2022
Femi8586:
I have come to realize that people only hate APC on social media

In real life(During elections), Nigerians really love Buhari and APC.

They will come online and wail of suffering but during election they will still vote APC inflicting heavy suffering on them.
Suffering and smiling.

If you doubt me, let Buhari contest again for third term, you will be shocked at the massive figures he will pull and still win..

Nigerians problem is beyond ordinary.

Most Nigerians are not on social media.

Here on Nairaland, out of 2 million members, less than 30000 are on the politics pages on a daily basis. Most Nairalanders don't visit the politics page.Nigeria has 210 million people. Many of the politics page members don't support PDP or LP either.

Also, 40% of Nigerians have access to the internet, and most only use it for things like banking transactions, or registrations. Not for anything else. Most Nigerians don't have a twitter or nairaland or even reddit account.

So, judging Nigerian political attitudes from the Nigerian internet space is getting an inaccurate picture.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by SarkinYarki: 10:45am On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:
Time for subsidy to go

The fact is, the marketers are not earning enough to pay for their transport costs. And government has no money to pay for their transport costs, and diesel is not subsidised anymore.

So, the subsidy has to be removed in totality. Otherwise, we are going to have scarcity galore.

The truth is, when you bring in fuel at N330 and above and sell it at N165 , there would be a loss, and when the subsidy paid barely covers the loss, especially with rising crude prices pushing up the cost of making petrol and diesel....at one point, the cost of subsidy would have to increase...and Nigeria right now is spending a lot of money subsidsing fuel...which is why we are not 'benefiting' from the rise in crude oil prices.

Let's be honest. Subsidy goes...or we take more loans to cover up the resulting ballooning deficit. Whoever is in charge.

How many times will the subsidy go
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by CyrusJnr: 10:49am On Jun 20, 2022
Lagosians; welcome to the party. It has been our reality for months now in Abuja. I weep for this country.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 20, 2022
SarkinYarki:

How many times will the subsidy go

So long as government is setting the price, there is a subsidy.

That's why I never believed Buhari's 'removal of subsidy claims' .
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Timmi: 10:49am On Jun 20, 2022
Fahdiga:

Fadiya, South west is not, has not and will never be is disarray.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Shellsploit: 10:51am On Jun 20, 2022
Nothing like fuel scarcity in Eastern part of Nigeria.
Fuel is very affordable here in anambra state.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Lightened: 10:51am On Jun 20, 2022
Where in Lagos o cos we no c scarcity here o
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 20, 2022
ngBuild:
and they want to vote tinubu. continue
Mad empty Ipob brain like Obi.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by lamiid: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2022
say na Russia and Ukraine oil we dey use all this years, as kasala don burst for tha side we self don dey suffer am
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2022
Doubleoh7:
It's getting harder by the day. Before this week runs out, diesel might hit 900/1000 if care is not taken (that is for the few places they are available). I know how much stress I passed through to fill tank on Saturday morning, that was when I had a hint that there's scarcity and not many stations have fuel. For some reasons, I hope this keeps getting worse let's see if that will elicit the necessary rage in most citizens so they can angrily respond with their PVCs. Like many people have said, 2023 will either make or mar Nigeria. Hardship no dey ask which tribe or party u belong, e dey touch everybody.

yes subsidy has to go, but you know that things have to be in place before it goes if not, we will all go crazy in this country because of the way things will sky rocket. Diesel is not subsidised yet you see the price it is at presently and the scarcity in the market too? If the refineries are not working (even at 50%), na die everybody dey cos we will all buy petrol at #350 plus, as every of our petrol needs will be imported. A whole lot is wrong with this country, we are collapsing under our own weight and faster too, how most people are not seeing it is my problem

1.Most of our neighbours buy fuel at N350...including Niger, which is poorer than us.

2.Niger has a working , exporting refinery, because they pay for fuel at a profit...which is ploughed back into the refinery...which means it can work well. By rights, Nigeriens should be buying fuel at N40 because they are really very poor...but the refinery won't make a profit to pay for itself....and it would break down.

3.Subsidy over the years in Nigeria has made refineries unprofitable and dependent on government money...which leads to looting and stealing and sabotage...and their breakdown.

4.By removing subsidy, we allow our exisiting refineries to run at a profit, as well as the private ones, which eventually means no more importation of fuel...in return for high prices.

5.Again,most African countries pay higher for fuel...as do many oil producers. That Nigeria has crude oil does not mean we should refine it at a loss.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Omoslim26: 10:55am On Jun 20, 2022
Doubleoh7:
It's getting harder by the day. Before this week runs out, diesel might hit 900/1000 if care is not taken (that is for the few places they are available). I know how much stress I passed through to fill tank on Saturday morning, that was when I had a hint that there's scarcity and not many stations have fuel. For some reasons, I hope this keeps getting worse let's see if that will elicit the necessary rage in most citizens so they can angrily respond with their PVCs. Like many people have said, 2023 will either make or mar Nigeria. Hardship no dey ask which tribe or party u belong, e dey touch everybody.

yes subsidy has to go, but you know that things have to be in place before it goes if not, we will all go crazy in this country because of the way things will sky rocket. Diesel is not subsidised yet you see the price it is at presently and the scarcity in the market too? If the refineries are not working (even at 50%), na die everybody dey cos we will all buy petrol at #350 plus, as every of our petrol needs will be imported. A whole lot is wrong with this country, we are collapsing under our own weight and faster too, how most people are not seeing it is my problem

Most people are seeing it perfectly well,but they are probably more concerned about their party and candidate winning ,they do not mind if the Country collapse untop of their heads.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by kevoh(m): 10:56am On Jun 20, 2022
Fuel scarcity that has now turned to normal thing in Abuja. Lagos people y'all have been enjoying fuel na!
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Thekingofsales: 10:59am On Jun 20, 2022
Quite sad...

To all business owners.

"Have you patronised me today" is not a business strategy.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 20, 2022
lamiid:
say na Russia and Ukraine oil we dey use all this years, as kasala don burst for tha side we self don dey suffer am

We send our crude to be refined abroad in Belgium and the Netherlands, because subsidy has rendered our refineries useless.

Russia is a major oil producer. Any crisis involving a oil producer leads to rises in oil prices. (see the 1970's oil price rise which resulted indirectly from the Yom Kippur war, or the Gulf war 1, where destruction of Iraqi and Kuwaiti oil fields led to rises in oil prices.)
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by FireUpNow(m): 11:07am On Jun 20, 2022
Maxymilliano:
It's obvious APC has no single solution to any of the country problems, it has always been one step forward and ten steps backward.
If you were given 50k you will still vote for APC.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by cocolacec(m): 11:08am On Jun 20, 2022
Fahdiga:
South East is in Calamity.Fuel scarcity is a norm in Nigeria.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 20, 2022
Maxymilliano:
It's obvious APC has no single solution to any of the country problems, it has always been one step forward and ten steps backward.

There is a solution, and that is to remove fuel subsidy.

But each time APC, and in fairness, PDP and before them the Millitary has suggested total fuel subsidy removal, Nigerians have always said no, nyet, nein, non, etc.

So, we prevent the petroleum sector from making refining petrol at home profitable, spend millions importing fuel, and then forcing the sector to lose money selling it at subsidised prices, and then paying a subsidy that barely covers the losses, and does not allow the sector make enough cash to expand and maintain refining capacity.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 11:20am On Jun 20, 2022
Maxymilliano:

APC never came prepared... Getting power was all they cared about.

After 2 tenures, they are still more clueless and criminal than PDP! What a shame.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 11:22am On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

There is a solution, and that is to remove fuel subsidy.

But each time APC, and in fairness, PDP and before them the Millitary has suggested total fuel subsidy removal, Nigerians have always said no, nyet, nein, non, etc.

So, we prevent the petroleum sector from making refining petrol at home profitable, spend millions importing fuel, and then forcing the sector to lose money selling it at subsidised prices, and then paying a subsidy that barely covers the losses, and does not allow the sector make enough cash to expand and maintain refining capacity.

How many Nigerians said No?!!

I sure as hell never said No!

Please, when did Buhari present that option to all Nigerians since 2015?!!
When did he sit down with Labor Unions and Fuel Marketers to forge a path forward?!!

You need to start educating yourself on what leadership really entails instead of constantly shifting blames on the long-suffering masses!

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by ecomalchemist(m): 11:23am On Jun 20, 2022
I'd be giving out the Gadget importation Guide from USA for free.

This report is for those looking for a side hustle or financial freedom // someone who wants to start laptops and mobile phones importation business but do not know how to go about it.

Do well to reach me via the number on my sig
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Burruchaga71(m): 11:26am On Jun 20, 2022
Next tym if una hear APC una run enter bush.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:26am On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

1.Most of our neighbours buy fuel at N350...including Niger, which is poorer than us.

2.Niger has a working , exporting refinery, because they pay for fuel at a profit...which is ploughed back into the refinery...which means it can work well. By rights, Nigeriens should be buying fuel at N40 because they are really very poor...but the refinery won't make a profit to pay for itself....and it would break down.

3.Subsidy over the years in Nigeria has made refineries unprofitable and dependent on government money...which leads to looting and stealing and sabotage...and their breakdown.

4.By removing subsidy, we allow our exisiting refineries to run at a profit, as well as the private ones, which eventually means no more importation of fuel...in return for high prices.

5.Again,most African countries pay higher for fuel...as do many oil producers. That Nigeria has crude oil does not mean we should refine it at a loss.

If you like campaign for subsidy removal till tomorrow we won’t agree to it. Subsidy is the only benefit I get as a Nigerian noting else I pay for my security, water, heavy taxes even bank dey commot money from my saving all going to FG account. The last subsidy removal what did the government use the money to do it was still embezzled let the government fix electricity and the refinery and the dependence on fuel will reduce drastically.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by BlazinGlory40: 11:26am On Jun 20, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Scarcity my foot. There is nothing like scarcity all over Lagos. You IPOB propagandists are at it again. So you thi k all these lies can spite Tinubu Jagaban from becoming the president? You're all joking.

Can you not see that the report is from punch newspaper? Hopeless bigot!

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2022
Angelfrost:

How many Nigerians said No?!!

I sure as hell never said No!

Same from here. I have said yes to subsidy removal. But most Nigerians have always said no.

Please, when did Buhari present that option to all Nigerians since 2015?!!
When did he sit down with Labor Unions and Fuel Marketers to forge a path forward?!!

They did, and the answer was no. Even last year, when his finance minster was yelling at him to remove subsides, and when El rufai said that subsidy payments was limiting the amount of money available for sharing , Buhari chickened out.

NLC has always been consistent. No total subsidy removal. Partial, maybe, but not total.
You need to start educating yourself on what leadership really entails instead of constantly shifting blames on the long-suffering masses!

Okay, let's waste 5 trillion naira and go into more deficits because subsidy.

You want cheap fuel. Good. I think it is a disaster for Nigeria. We can agree to disagree there. Good am.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by sanerugwei: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2022
Who is the minister for Petroleum again? grin shocked shocked
this next 11 months, the country will be in auto-pilot pro max, if it was sleeping before it will now be in slumber..
your presido no send again...
he may even remove subsidy if he wan make am easy for fellow fula man, atiku... th masses will just hate APC more, guess who will benefit from protest votes, PDP and LP more or less...
but it may also backfire shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho's Mother Is Dead / Abacha $300 Million Loot: Twitter Nigeria Reacts / Senator Hope Uzodinma Daughter's Wedding: Ekweremadu, Dogara, Ohakim Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.