Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos (22217 Views)

Cooking Gas Scarcity Hits Lagos, Kano, Katsina, Others / Panic Hits Lagos Posh Areas, As Bandits Kidnap 6 In 24 Hrs - Tribune / US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Actually, good fellow, it was during 2011, that my awareness on what subsidy was , and how damaging it is to the economy, began.

I have been prosubsidy removal since then. I did not join or approve of the protests in 2011/12, and I was no PDP or GEJ fan.

A good economic policy is worth supporting.

Go and meet Buhari and Tinubu who knew , yet played politics with subsidy.

It was the infamous new year gift for 2012. I was in Kano then. And I remember vividly. You are asking me to go and meet them. But I suppose you are supporting them presently. Ain’t that “chi chi do do” like?
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Tzar(m): 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
Below quote is the typical Nigerian response who blames everyone else except themselves!

“I don’t (know) why they are making life hard for us in this country. Any small thing, the drivers have doubled the price. Our politicians will not address this problem now, they are only interested in the elections, a passenger identified simply as Sola Badmus, said.

Just like the people of Ekiiti who collected cash to vote 4yearly destiny destroyers, these evil Nigerians will keep voting the wrong people for a bribe, yet they wonder where their problem is from?!
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Zolabiola: 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
Some people will still vote for APC come 2023
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Billygee2u: 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
Maxymilliano:
It's obvious APC has no single solution to any of the country problems, it has always been one step forward and ten steps backward.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Thomthom(m): 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
Femi8586:
I have come to realize that people only hate APC on social media

In real life(During elections), Nigerians really love Buhari and APC.

They will come online and wail of suffering but during election they will still vote APC inflicting heavy suffering on them.
Suffering and smiling.

If you doubt me, let Buhari contest again for third term, you will be shocked at the massive figures he will pull and still win..

Nigerians problem is beyond ordinary.
what you forgot to add is that some persons vote don't count in Nigeria.. A particular unit might vote massively for One particular party but before it get to collation center, result has been changed on the road.. Naturally 1 on 1 I don't think the people faced with hardship caused by a particular leader make the people vote for that party any more.. But you know there is vote buying on election day or eve of election, Some persons don't even know what they want far the candidate is from there region, tribe, if the person like let him sell the country so far his tribe is the leader. while some they partner with the leaders to steal money why do you think such person can not kill when he hears don't vote for so so party..
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Gilgil: 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
How about remove the subsidies on politicians salaries first?

Also hat was the rail to Niger really for? $2Billion Dollars?

Abegi. We asked for subsidy removal in 2012 when the economy would have borne it with lots of jobs and flourishing and y'all came out with rallies of Occupy nonsense plus Goodlck must go. Subsidies have to be kept. That's the last and only thing we enjoy now.

subsidywise18:

Same from here. I have said yes to subsidy removal. But most Nigerians have always said no.

They did, and the answer was no. Even last year, when his finance minster was yelling at him to remove subsides, and when El rufai said that subsidy payments was limiting the amount of money available for sharing , Buhari chickened out.

NLC has always been consistent. No total subsidy removal. Partial, maybe, but not total.

Okay, let's waste 5 trillion naira and go into more deficits because subsidy.

You want cheap fuel. Good. I think it is a disaster for Nigeria. We can agree to disagree there. Good am.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Laideabdulahi: 7:03am On Jun 21, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Scarcity my foot. There is nothing like scarcity all over Lagos. You IPOB propagandists are at it again. So you thi k all these lies can spite Tinubu Jagaban from becoming the president? You're all joking.

So what is propaganda about the fact that I have been in the filling station for 4goirs waiting to get fuel.

Same for colleagues.

Very myopic comment. Please have sense
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by treesun: 8:43pm On Jun 22, 2022
tallceejay:
Keep voting APC and PDP collect 5k and 110k while ure at it. Nigerians hvnt suffered enough.

Obi can't win!
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by tallceejay(m): 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2022
He'll put up a good fight . I promise you nigeria will witness a revolution, more than ever seen before
treesun:

Obi can't win!
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by treesun: 9:40pm On Jun 22, 2022
tallceejay:
He'll put up a good fight . I promise you nigeria will witness a revolution, more than ever seen before
45 % of online supporters are based abroad!
He is not known everywhere!
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by tallceejay(m): 9:42pm On Jun 23, 2022
How did you come about your stats ?
treesun:

45 % of online supporters are based abroad!
He is not known everywhere!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facts About The Data Protection Act / Buhari Asked Me To Visit Oil Producing States- Osinbajo / Crowd Mobs Governor Ganduje At A Wedding In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.