Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos (22215 Views)

Cooking Gas Scarcity Hits Lagos, Kano, Katsina, Others / Panic Hits Lagos Posh Areas, As Bandits Kidnap 6 In 24 Hrs - Tribune / US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:32am On Jun 20, 2022
And yet they want to vote APC.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by 3kay945(m): 11:32am On Jun 20, 2022
Femi8586:
I have come to realize that people only hate APC on social media

In real life(During elections), Nigerians really love Buhari and APC.

They will come online and wail of suffering but during election they will still vote APC inflicting heavy suffering on them.
Suffering and smiling.

If you doubt me, let Buhari contest again for third term, you will be shocked at the massive figures he will pull and still win..

Nigerians problem is beyond ordinary.

No. Millions of people that complain online do not go out to vote during election.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 20, 2022
Badb0y4lyf:

If you like campaign for subsidy removal till tomorrow we won’t agree to it. Subsidy is the only benefit I get as a Nigerian noting else I pay for my security, water, heavy taxes even bank dey commot money from my saving all going to FG account. The last subsidy removal what did the government use the money to do it was still embezzled let the government fix electricity and the refinery and the dependence on fuel will reduce drastically.

1.Subsidy removal is why you don't have functioning refineries.

2.You pay for your own security because a large chunk of the money we earn goes into subsides...limiting the money available for things like the Police. Also tax revenue nationwide...is low. You are one of the 30% of Nigerians who pays for the 70% that do not pay taxes.

3.Water...same thing. Plus it is subsidised anyway...which means that they cannot earn enough money to expand water supplies.

4.Banks comot money because the economy is in a mess, because Nigeria relies only on oil. Blame your APC and PDP and army for that.

5.So long as government sets prices, there is a subsidy.

6. If you want to stop embezzlement, then participate in your democracy, and stop wailing.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by SavageResponse(m): 11:37am On Jun 20, 2022
Fahdiga:
South West is now in disarray

It's either you do not know meaning of the word "Disarray" or you're just deliberately trying to be mischievous.

The jealousy and envy you people have towards Lagos State will consume you if you're not careful!
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by geementontop(m): 11:44am On Jun 20, 2022
Normal APc logo from inception .... criminals
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 20, 2022
3kay945:

No. Millions of people that complain online do not go out to vote during election.

They do. It is just that the population of Nigerians online is less than the population of Nigerians offline.

Politicians know that, and target accordingly.(Mind they do not ignore their online presence, but they spend more time offline)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 20, 2022
Mtchewww
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 11:52am On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Same from here. I have said yes to subsidy removal. But most Nigerians have always said no.

They did, and the answer was no. Even last year, when his finance minster was yelling at him to remove subsides, and when El rufai said that subsidy payments was limiting the amount of money available for sharing , Buhari chickened out.

NLC has always been consistent. No total subsidy removal. Partial, maybe, but not total.

Okay, let's waste 5 trillion naira and go into more deficits because subsidy.

You want cheap fuel. Good. I think it is a disaster for Nigeria. We can agree to disagree there. Good am.

I treat Nigeria situation and issues the same way I treat business and daily living.

I see the masses as employees while the leaders are appointed directors.

The employees will groan and complain of inconveniences of certain harsh business decisions, but they will come around if the directors explain things clearly and set a definite road map to success!

Of course, our leaders will have to earn the trust of the electorates first.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by stacyadams: 11:53am On Jun 20, 2022
It did not affect apc urchins, , , they will buy fuel from the moon..
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Lisaint(m): 11:54am On Jun 20, 2022
I noticed this last week when i was at ibadan for the weekend!

From iwo road to ring road most filling station was under look and key!
Apart from few ones like Bovas!

Apart from PMS that will soon be on the increase!
I bought Cooking Gas at the rate of 920/per KG

No Pms
Even Cooking is damn expensive
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 20, 2022
Angelfrost:

I treat Nigeria situation and issues the same way I treat business and daily living.

I see the masses as employees while the leaders are appointed directors.

The employees will groan and complain of inconveniences of certain harsh business decisions, but they will come around if the directors explain things clearly and set a definite road map to success!

Of course, our leaders will have to earn the trust of the electorates first.

Still at the end subsidy has to go. It creates deficits, looting and corruption, and prevents growth in our refineries.

Nigeria did not subsidies GSM , or force GSM companies to charge something like one kobo for a one hour call, so that the poor could enjoy phone services.They let them charge whatever they wanted....and as a result we have interent and telephone services that we could dream of 20 years ago, and without government spending a penny, plus prices eventually came down.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Still at the end subsidy has to go. It creates deficits, looting and corruption, and prevents growth in our refineries.

Nigeria did not subsidies GSM , or force GSM companies to charge something like one kobo for a one hour call, so that the poor could enjoy phone services.They let them charge whatever they wanted....and as a result we have interent and telephone services that we could dream of 20 years ago, and without government spending a penny, plus prices eventually came down.

That's precisely what I am saying....

The sole reason they claim the subsidy removal is being resisted by Trade Unions and masses is because of lack of trust in the system.

If they ran a transparent and corruption free administration, many would have walked this tough walk with them willingly.

You want to remove subsidy but won't let go of corruption and wasteful spending in all sectors... Won't go down well with the suffering citizens.

Sanitize the government, and your citizens will jump into any fire with you!

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by edoairways: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
Femi8586:
I have come to realize that people only hate APC on social media

In real life(During elections), Nigerians really love Buhari and APC.

They will come online and wail of suffering but during election they will still vote APC inflicting heavy suffering on them.
Suffering and smiling.

If you doubt me, let Buhari contest again for third term, you will be shocked at the massive figures he will pull and still win..

Nigerians problem is beyond ordinary.
Your statement is stereotypical as not all Nigerians as implied by you love Buhari
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Judolisco(m): 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Fuel scarcity in Abuja since end of February
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Moz22: 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Scarcity my foot. There is nothing like scarcity all over Lagos. You IPOB propagandists are at it again. So you thi k all these lies can spite Tinubu Jagaban from becoming the president? You're all joking.
ode.. it began yesterday
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Scarcity my foot. There is nothing like scarcity all over Lagos. You IPOB propagandists are at it again. So you thi k all these lies can spite Tinubu Jagaban from becoming the president? You're all joking.

Show us pictures to prove your point.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by CheapHomes1: 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Maxymilliano:
It's obvious APC has no single solution to any of the country problems, it has always been one step forward and ten steps backward.

The sacred saint buhari doubles as minister of petroleum. I am confident that nigeria isn't even on autopilot. Ita case is far far worse as buhari doesn't even know or care about happenings in the country
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Olatoman(m): 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:

This must be sarcasm yh?

There is scarcity, Hyden and Total at Ilupeju are not selling PMS.
Total at Obanikoro axis (near greenlife pharm), are saying they are only selling to corporate companies with credit balances with them (I know cause I had to go ask the manager).

Everything is not a tribal/political agenda, stop being silly.

Some fuel stations on ikorodu road have, but the queues are another thing entirely.

Will people leave their office desks just to hustle for fuel?

Had to leave a queue just because there are other productive ways to spend my time.

Worst scenario, I'll bear Bolt usage, with or without surge.

Tinubu really has no clout in this fuel scarcity, but the party he belongs to (Buharis admin), are those we should hold accountable.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by anonimi: 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
Maxymilliano:
It's obvious APC has no single solution to any of the country problems, it has always been one step forward and ten steps backward.

Nevertheless, Thiefnuibu who brought this calamity Bubu upon us in 2015 wants to be rewarded with 2023 presidential victory.
Have we allowed them to see us all as fools like Lagbaja's 200 million mumus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2022
Angelfrost:

That's precisely what I am saying....

The sole reason they claim the subsidy removal is being resisted by Trade Unions and masses is because of lack of trust in the system.

If they ran a transparent and corruption free administration, many would have walked this tough walk with them willingly.

You want to remove subsidy but won't let go of corruption and wasteful spending in all sectors... Won't go down well with the suffering citizens.

Sanitize the government, and your citizens will jump into any fire with you!

Well, the government was corrupt and bad around the time of GSM in Nigeria, and many Nigerians then were codedly calling for government to set prices for the GSM companies (ie some form of subsidy).

Thankfully government did not listen, and the GSM companies made enough of a profit to invest in development and expansion...
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by ufotunang: 1:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
I did not know why Buhari at his old age did not go and rest....see how he has destroyed the country/ economy.. nawaoooo
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by ufotunang: 1:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
ngBuild:
and they want to vote tinubu. continue
..abi.. continue...and they suffer for another 8 years
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by ufotunang: 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
And with all of this... if tinubu then becomes president nko ??.. that is fry pan to fire
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by nesgeeek(m): 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
still yet, some people still want to vote in APC in 2023.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Saintinoo(m): 1:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
So punch newspaper is now owned by IPOB? Yoruba will not kill me.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by tommylee(m): 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Well, the government was corrupt and bad around the time of GSM in Nigeria, and many Nigerians then were codedly calling for government to set prices for the GSM companies (ie some form of subsidy).

Thankfully government did not listen, and the GSM companies made enough of a profit to invest in development and expansion...

Again here u go with your silly hypothesis and assumptions let me ask u a few questions
1. Who is the minister of petroleum, what does he know or understand the dynamics behind subsidy removal and importance of PMS and also the working of Nigerian refineries.
2. One thing u fail to understand is this Nigeria is a system that works in the opposite direction, anytime there is a problem or a bad situation a group of persons always stand to benefit from it and they will always fight tooth and nail to make sure it remains that way.
3. What is the economic importance of subsidy removal and how will it benefit the common man in Nigeria,cos if u talk about the govt using the money to do something else that will benefit the masses then u are living in a fools paradise.
4. Since the removal of diesel subsidy, what has been the positive impact in the Nigerian economy?
Give me simple answers to this questions Sir
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by tallceejay(m): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
Keep voting APC and PDP collect 5k and 110k while ure at it. Nigerians hvnt suffered enough.

treesun:

https://punchng.com/passengers-stranded-as-fuel-scarcity-hits-lagos/
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
tommylee:

Again here u go with your silly hypothesis and assumptions let me ask u a few questions
1. Who is the minister of petroleum, what does he know or understand the dynamics behind subsidy removal and importance of PMS and also the working of Nigerian refineries.

Buhari, and he knows nothing because he keeps a subsidy regimen that forces the sector to run at a loss, and makes domestic refining diffiuclt.
2. One thing u fail to understand is this Nigeria is a system that works in the opposite direction, anytime there is a problem or a bad situation a group of persons always stand to benefit from it and they will always fight tooth and nail to make sure it remains that way.

Yes, so we should sell petrol at a loss..

You are arguing for N10 per liter petrol. And you know it. You cannot sell petrol at a loss, and expect functioning refineries , like we have been doing for decades, and see where we are.

3. What is the economic importance of subsidy removal and how will it benefit the common man in Nigeria,cos if u talk about the govt using the money to do something else that will benefit the masses then u are living in a fools paradise.

Makes domestic refining profitable, and saves money which can be used for improved spending on salaries, education and other things

Also means more jobs, and more investment in our oil sector since it can now be run profitably.

Finally, NNPC would no longer be on government money...no more looting then at our refineries owned by government.

Yes, high prices, but after some years they come down.

4. Since the removal of diesel subsidy, what has been the positive impact in the Nigerian economy?
Give me simple answers to this questions Sir

Well if Diesel had still been subsidised , we would have been spending close to 10 trillion naira on subsides for both petrol and diesel this year, and government would have been dead broke.

Plus petrol is still subsidised, negating any benefits from diesel subsidy removal. Ye plugged one hole, while blood gushes from another.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:
Time for subsidy to go

The fact is, the marketers are not earning enough to pay for their transport costs. And government has no money to pay for their transport costs, and diesel is not subsidised anymore.

So, the subsidy has to be removed in totality. Otherwise, we are going to have scarcity galore.

The truth is, when you bring in fuel at N330 and above and sell it at N165 , there would be a loss, and when the subsidy paid barely covers the loss, especially with rising crude prices pushing up the cost of making petrol and diesel....at one point, the cost of subsidy would have to increase...and Nigeria right now is spending a lot of money subsidsing fuel...which is why we are not 'benefiting' from the rise in crude oil prices.

Let's be honest. Subsidy goes...or we take more loans to cover up the resulting ballooning deficit. Whoever is in charge.

And when GEJ removed it during his time as president, you went haywire. Go haywire now joor. This is just the preliminary.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
litigator:

And when GEJ removed it during his time as president, you went haywire. Go haywire now joor. This is just the preliminary.

Actually, good fellow, it was during 2011, that my awareness on what subsidy was , and how damaging it is to the economy, began.

I have been prosubsidy removal since then. I did not join or approve of the protests in 2011/12, and I was no PDP or GEJ fan.

A good economic policy is worth supporting.

Go and meet Buhari and Tinubu who knew , yet played politics with subsidy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magu: PDP Left Behind Huge Corruption Mess – Garba Shehu / National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill / Names Of Judges Under Investigation By DSS Exposed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.