Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,453 members, 7,850,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses (858 Views)

Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / Powerfull Spiritual Command with six and seven books of moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Kobojunkie: 11:34am On Jun 23, 2022
Ken4Christ:
6. The Law Came To Amplify Sin.

7. The Law Could Not Give The Jews Ability To Live Above Sin.

8. Under the Law, the Jews Could Not Have Personal Fellowship with God or Approach Him.

9. If You Break One Law, You Have Broken All the Laws.

10. The Presence of the Law Brought Condemnation to the Gentiles.
6. Jesus Christ. God's New Covenant Law and Gospel in the Kingdom of God came to do the exact same thing. To reveal to us what sin is - John 16 - so that by turning away from it, we can be made holy with God, much in the same way the Old Covenant was designed to do. undecided

7. Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law, doesn't give any man ability to live above sin same as the Old Covenant Law of Moses. This since Sin is a choice made in disobedience of God's commandment and Law.. undecided

8. Not entirely the Truth. God's prophet's were Jews and they commuted with God. God did offer to have the people approach Him but the people refused asking instead thar God give them prophets who would deliver His message to them instead.. undecided

9. Same applies in the New Covenant Law , Jesus Christ. If you commit one sin, you have broken the Law. undecided

10. Wrong! Condemnation came to all mankind via God's condemnation of sin which is Death in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. . Add to that the fact that the Israelites themselves failed to harness the true power of the Law because of their stiff-neckedness, the Gentile world never really had the opportunity to see the power of God's Law at work as a result. undecided

Basically, It is erroneous to try to compare God's Old Covenant Law of Moses which Jesus Christ Himself lived in submission and obedience to, with God's New Covenant in an attempt to somehow disparage the Old Law pretending you do so for the sake of Jesus Christ. undecided

Jesus Christ is the one who will come back as King to raise the Jewish people and reign over them during the millennial reign. He is, after all, the Old Covenant Messiah. undecided
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Dtruthspeaker: 11:58am On Jun 23, 2022
SweetVibe:

Oga go and sit down,you lost this argument but your pride won't let you accept it.That guy murdered you with pure and raw fact.

Oga go and stand in the back were the Losers are, for every reasonable person can see that he did not know that Jesus Christ expressly and directly upheld The Law in Mathew 19:17
"If thou wilt enter into Life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS!

No confusion or dispute here. A Very Direct and Clear Declaration but he did not know this was there!

Shame on you, you liar. I am sure you are a pastor somewhere and have been deceiving people with this, hence why you lie.
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by SweetVibe: 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Oga go and stand in the back were the Losers are, for every reasonable person can see that he did not know that Jesus Christ expressly and directly upheld The Law in Mathew 19:17

No confusion or dispute here. A Very Direct and Clear Declaration but he did not know this was there!

Shame on you, you liar. I am sure you are a pastor somewhere and have been deceiving
people with this, hence why you lie.
Which rubbish this one the talk?
Oga shift

1 Like

Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Dtruthspeaker: 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ken4Christ:

He had to ask them to keep the Commandments because the Law of Moses was still in force while he was on earth.

Now you have CHANGED POST for you have been saying since we crossed before today that Jesus never told anyone to keep The Commandments but now you have changed your statement.

This is sufficient for me today.

Ken4Christ:

But after his death, the New Testament started. So, we no longer live by the Law of Moses but by the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles.

You are just repeating your personal wishes as supported by your preferred bad understanding of Paul's writings, knowing what is the Truth but choosing the Lie you prefer.

For, even after His death, we see the apostles obeying The Law in Luke 23:56 not do we see them breaking even one Law.

Come to even remember we see another example of Peter obeying The Law of eating of Prohibited and Unclean thongs in the pre-Cornelius affair in Acts 10:13-15

Yet, you go on lying and spreading lies as you choose to misunderstand Paul's statement because you know that you are an unrepentant lawbreaker.
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Dtruthspeaker: 12:54pm On Jun 23, 2022
SweetVibe:

Oga shift...

Translation! "As you don show say we bin dey lie, dey think say, Jesus talk say, dat God Commandment wey we dey normally dey fear don waka. But now you don show us say nothing like dat. Abeg shift, e day pain me well well!" grin

Take am one more time!

Mathew 19:17
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1.He had to ask them to keep the Commandments because the Law of Moses was still in force while he was on earth.

2. But after his death, the New Testament started. So, we no longer live by the Law of Moses but by the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles.
1. There is a lot of misunderstanding laced up in this one statement. But let me just state here that even to this very day, that Constitution of the State of Israel, the Law of Moses, remains in effect to this very day and will never pass away even after Heaven and Earth does. undecided

2. Before His death actually, His followers were no longer under the Old Covenant Law of Moses since from point of baptism(water and Spirit), they pretty much abandoned the Old Way- Old Covenant Law of Moses - in other to begin following the New way- God's New Covenant Law of Moses. The baptism ceremony is to mark this change from the Old to following of the New way. So, just as with God's Old Covenant, Jesus Christ's followers were able to follow and benefit from the New Covenant even before the Law was made complete by His death. undecided

Peter was obviously wrong to consider some foods unclean, this since Jesus Christ already explained in His teachings that that idea does not belong in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 & Mark 7 vs 13 - 23. So the vision was necessary in correcting that error in his, Peter, understanding. undecided
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Dtruthspeaker: 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:

2. Before His death actually, His followers were no longer under the Old Covenant Law of Moses undecided

Yet we see Peter keeping the Old Law of Unclean things.
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Maynmann: 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2022
SweetVibe:

Oga shift

He is the dumbest theist on nairaland.
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Richeemedia: 9:52am On Jun 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:
6. The Law Came To Amplify Sin.

“What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay I had not known sin but by the law. For I had not known lust except the law had said THOU SHALL NOT COVET. But sin taking occasion by the commandment wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law, sin was dead” (Rom. 7:7-cool

7. The Law Could Not Give The Jews Ability To Live Above Sin.

“For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh. God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin condemned sin in the flesh. For that which I do I allow not, for what I would, that do I not but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing for to will is present in me but how to perform that which is good I find not” (Rom. 8:3, 7:15-18).

8. Under the Law, the Jews Could Not Have Personal Fellowship with God or Approach Him.

“And the LORD said unto Moses. Go down; charge the people lest they break through unto the LORD to gaze and many of them perish. And let the priest also, which come near to the LORD, sanctify themselves, lest the LORD break forth upon them. And Moses said unto the LORD, the people cannot come up to Mount Sinai…..” But into the second (most holy place) went the high priest ALONE once every year…” (Ex.19:21-23, Heb. 9:7).

“And they said unto Moses, speak thou with us, and we will hear, but let not God speak with us lest we die. And the people stood AFAR OFF and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was” (Ex. 20: 19, 21).

9. If You Break One Law, You Have Broken All the Laws.

“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all” (James2:10).

There're over 600 laws the Jews had to obey. Deut. 22:5 which most of our churches is using to bring confusion is just one of them. For instance, verse 9 of the same chapter says the Jews shouldn't' plant two different kind of crops on the same farm land. Also, verse 11 says they shouldn't' put on garment of mixed fabrics. How many of those trying to obey Deut. 22:5 keep these other laws? If the New Testament Saints were to live by the Law of Moses, virtually everyone would have been guilty of breaking the law. None of us for instance keeps the law of Sabbath. Even those who worship on Sabbath days are not necessarily keeping it. No form of work was to be done on it. Not even cooking or clean-ups.

10. The Presence of the Law Brought Condemnation to the Gentiles.

The presence of the law implied condemnation for the Gentiles because they were excluded from the covenant. The law stood as a wall separating the Jews from the Gentiles. It also led to hostility between both races therefore creating enmity. (Eph. 2:11-16).

Thank God this condemnation is taken away only in Christ;

“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1)

The wall of separation between the Jews and the Gentiles brought by the law had been removed;

“For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.” (Ephesians 2:14-15)

You're Godsent Ken4Christ! Spot on 100%. Thank you for this.

1 Like

Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Ken4Christ: 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2022
Richeemedia:

You're Godsent Ken4Christ! Spot on 100%. Thank you for this.

You are welcome

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 And People Still Believe In The Rapture / The Stupidity Of The African Mindset / Lady Gaga: I Regret Selling My Soul To The Dark Forces Of The Illuminati (satani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.