Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,834 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) - Health (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) (51297 Views)

Pictures Of The Newly Renovated Abia State University Teaching Hospital, Aba / Official Commissioning Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Nnewi (pic / Staff of Jos University Teaching Hospital Celebrate Exit of "Tyrant" CMD (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by afrodoc2: 2:50pm On Jun 24, 2022
debola27:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So you even just graduated from Osun Sate University after doing JAMB several times. shocked

At this your old age? And you are this proud?

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by nedekid: 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2022
Otunbakayce:
So says an auxillary nurse who doesn't know the difference between "There and Their".

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by debola27(f): 2:59pm On Jun 24, 2022
afrodoc2:

So you even just graduated from Osun Sate University after doing JAMB several times. shocked

At this your old age? And you are this proud?

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin grin grin
I already had a bachelor's degree in Anatomy before I decided to go back to school to study Nursing Science. So I have two bachelor degrees.
Why are you still on my case? Don't tell me you're already falling for me o grin grin
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by AbuAeesha: 3:49pm On Jun 24, 2022
HilcomTech:

You are f00l. The bolded is the reason the nurse will be jailed

I am not a medical personnel and I am looking at the legal implications of her actions.

People like you and that nurse would be jailed because of your ignorance.
u are just too foolish and still displaying urself in public.
if she doesn't go to jail,go and create a jail and take her.
idiot say na jail,like say na bedroom
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Pinkyposh(f): 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
olusegxz:

That was not hazardous substances. The doctors stated that they discarded all sharps. What is left is materials for scrubbing. Guaze, blood and so on. There is nothing hazardous about it. It is because the doctor in question was a house officer, I know how nurses try to use their might on young doctors as pay back. Why not lock up a reg or consultant. What she did was wrong on every level plain and simple. Only in Nigeria.
According to what I heard and all going on in the video, was that they were hazardous materials.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by dora7891(f): 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2022
olusegxz:

Half baked doctor. I hold an undergrad from Lagos, post grad in surgery in the UK and a surgery fellowship in Australia where i currently live and work. Introduce yourself. Because we are on nairaland is no excuse to be ignorant. Go and learn what medicine is all about and the tree of medical command. I didn't create it and neither did you. That matron I am sure did not have a bachelors. Maybe went to nursing school and advanced her career. Even nurses with a bachelors still receive directions from doctors. If you don't like it or understand it next time you have an emergency surgery have a nurse attend to you. This is not berating of any profession but in health a chain of command exists. Educate yourself please.

So with all this schooling, book still didn’t pass and enter your brain? Ha beg your village people
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by dora7891(f): 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2022
Pinkyposh:

According to what I heard and all going on in the video, was that they were hazardous materials.

I keep saying with all his studies he still doesn’t know

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Masterito(m): 10:55pm On Jun 24, 2022
Are you okay? Why do you think a doctor have authority over a nurse? Every knows thier job, just do it and everyone will be fine. Nurses are not maid to Doctors. You go need to travel out and gain more exposure.
FalseProphet1:
For a nurse to do that to a doctor means she's sleeping with the CMD or a high ranking medical director in the hospital and the doctor has zero authority over her.

This I have seen.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Abillsable: 5:45am On Jun 25, 2022
Sack the shitty nurse instantly; she must not be employable in any place around the Nigerian health sector ever !
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by bizzibodi(m): 7:19am On Jun 25, 2022
debola27:

Some of us chose Nursing because we wanted it. Do you think some people can survive Nursing school heat. If you're a nursing student in the university, you dare not score less than C in any course. Any score less than C(50%) is failure. That is also the standard in medical school. So what are you saying?
Even if the educational system make nursing education so tedious what is the role of nursing can a nurse allowed to do diagnosis and prescription?do surgery apart from opening a boil? bandages wound,giving injection,gien patients their drug,takes vital signs,drip as it is done since time immemorial.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by bizzibodi(m): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2022
Warriorprince:

Google is your friend, just type independent nurse practitioner. Let us see want you get.
Moreover this is not even about who senior who but doing the right thing: your job, in health, we work as a team. Whether you are a pharm. Lab scientist.........no one is superior. The patient/client is the most important person in the hospital.
Do you nurses see patients as the most important person I the hospital as it is written on paper?..the way you people abuse,talk down, shout at,ignore, frustrate patients is out of this world.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by bizzibodi(m): 7:48am On Jun 25, 2022
Those people claiming professionals can't work together that is why patients are at the receiving end,some
Nigeria hospitals has become an undertaker houses.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by allycat: 8:56am On Jun 25, 2022
What the nurse did was kidnap and I hope someone makes a criminal case of this saga! She can then tell the judge she knows her rights.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by allycat: 9:04am On Jun 25, 2022
Where I work, when I scrub in for surgery, the nurses gown me and glove me. This is here in Nigeria in a private hospital. This is not because they are inferior to the doctor or the doctor does not have hands to wear his gloves himself but to ensure sterility of the operating feild.

When I worked in a teaching hospital the nurses acted as though they were doing a favour assisting a surgeon, that was until visiting surgeons came from Germany with their nurses and refused the local nurses scrubbing in because they had used them before and found them inadequate.

So many wrong things have become the norm in Nigerian public hospitals and many at times it’s the doctors who shot themselves in the foot in order to get results faster.That’s why house officers take blood samples to the lab and retrieve results, dress wounds, regulate Iv fluids themselves or move patients to theatre or radiology just so that work goes smoothly and it has now become their duty.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by allycat: 9:09am On Jun 25, 2022
I thank Nairaland because it was the nasty comments of nairalanders that made me realize I was wasting my life in a government hospital where doctors service was not appreciated.
Thank you nairalanders, my life is better for it.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by debola27(f): 9:18am On Jun 25, 2022
bizzibodi:

Even if the educational system make nursing education so tedious what is the role of nursing can a nurse allowed to do diagnosis and prescription?do surgery apart from opening a boil? bandages wound,giving injection,gien patients their drug,takes vital signs,drip as it is done since time immemorial.
Nurses have their Nursing diagnosis that are used for patients in the ward to care for them, asides a doctors diagnosis. A public health nurse can make general diagnosis and write prescription in public health centres. Nurses must understand every diagnosis made by a doctor, the drugs to be used, side effects, those who aren't supposed to use the drug, and care in case of emergencies. For general diagnosis and prescription, If a Nurse does not know a diagnosis and the prescription that comes with it, and a doctor makes an error in prescribing the wrong drug or dose, if she serves it, she is liable and will be penalized, because as a Nurse you must have the knowledge of all these things and be able to know if you're serving the right drug or dose . There are different specializations in Nursing, and they all have their unique jobs that they are trained to carry out on a patient.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by debola27(f): 9:26am On Jun 25, 2022
allycat:
Where I work, when I scrub in for surgery, the nurses gown me and glove me. This is here in Nigeria in a private hospital. This is not because they are inferior to the doctor or the doctor does not have hands to wear his gloves himself but to ensure sterility of the operating feild.

When I worked in a teaching hospital the nurses acted as though they were doing a favour assisting a surgeon, that was until visiting surgeons came from Germany with their nurses and refused the local nurses scrubbing in because they had used them before and found them inadequate.

So many wrong things have become the norm in Nigerian public hospitals and many at times it’s the doctors who shot themselves in the foot in order to get results faster.That’s why house officers take blood samples to the lab and retrieve results, dress wounds, regulate Iv fluids themselves or move patients to theatre or radiology just so that work goes smoothly and it has now become their duty.
Well, I think doctors also like to do jobs that aren't theirs to do, that's why it eventually becomes their job. Is it the job of a doctor to dress wound or take patients to theatre? Taking patients to theatre is even the job of the porter, and a Nurse follows them to make sure everything is in order.
These days, you see doctors performing abdominal examination on pregnant women or in labour room trying to take delivery or doing MVA. These are Nurses duties, so why would doctors carry it up? If you ask them, they'll say it's because they want their house officers to gain experience. So how is that the fault of the Nurse? Everyone has their own duties. No need to encroach on other people's duties.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by debola27(f): 9:34am On Jun 25, 2022
allycat:

Where I've worked in a government hospital, sometimes the house officer assists the surgeon to gown and glove. Sometimes the nurse does that. No one takes it as a big deal, or as a particular person's duty. Most times in the theatre, if you're new, you won't be able to differentiate between who is a Nurse or who is a doctor. It's always about performing the surgery and getting excellent results. If foreign doctors found those nurses inadequate, then maybe they actually have inadequate knowledge and have refused to brush themselves up. This can be seen amongst some doctors too
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by afrodoc2: 12:29pm On Jun 25, 2022
debola27:

Well, I think doctors also like to do jobs that aren't theirs to do, that's why it eventually becomes their job. Is it the job of a doctor to dress wound or take patients to theatre? Taking patients to theatre is even the job of the porter, and a Nurse follows them to make sure everything is in order.
These days, you see doctors performing abdominal examination on pregnant women or in labour room trying to take delivery or doing MVA. These are Nurses duties, so why would doctors carry it up? If you ask them, they'll say it's because they want their house officers to gain experience. So how is that the fault of the Nurse? Everyone has their own duties. No need to encroach on other people's duties.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by bizzibodi(m): 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2022
debola27:

Nurses have their Nursing diagnosis that are used for patients in the ward to care for them, asides a doctors diagnosis. A public health nurse can make general diagnosis and write prescription in public health centres. Nurses must understand every diagnosis made by a doctor, the drugs to be used, side effects, those who aren't supposed to use the drug, and care in case of emergencies. For general diagnosis and prescription, If a Nurse does not know a diagnosis and the prescription that comes with it, and a doctor makes an error in prescribing the wrong drug or dose, if she serves it, she is liable and will be penalized, because as a Nurse you must have the knowledge of all these things and be able to know if you're serving the right drug or dose . There are different specializations in Nursing, and they all have their unique jobs that they are trained to carry out on a patient.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by debola27(f): 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2022
bizzibodi:

Thank you.
You're welcome
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Jolene201(f): 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2022
That guy is a fool sha, doesn't deserve further response.. Lol
debola27:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Jolene201(f): 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2022
debola27:

I already had a bachelor's degree in Anatomy before I decided to go back to school to study Nursing Science. So I have two bachelor degrees.
Why are you still on my case? Don't tell me you're already falling for me o grin grin
Sis just leave him some things are beyond some people's comprehension.
Wow,I salute your courage tho,it's not easy o I also did biochemistry up till 300 level before deciding to go for Nursing Omo ...to get a degree no be beans I respect you ma..by the way nurses are really respected this I've seen, maybe that guy that kept repeating injection jabber has never been privileged to see the real nurses, Maybe it's the auxiliary ones he's been seeing.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Jolene201(f): 7:11pm On Jun 25, 2022
Exactly.
debola27:

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by afrodoc2: 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2022
Jolene201:
That guy is a fool sha, doesn't deserve further response.. Lol

Your whole lineage is made up of fools. LMAO

You that you are still a nursing student in one hinterland village should not involve yourself in things beyond your understanding.

Imagine someone with neither a medical nor nursing degree is forming champion.

Jolene olodo. Go and read your books. grin
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by debola27(f): 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
Jolene201:

Sis just leave him some things are beyond some people's comprehension.
Wow,I salute your courage tho,it's not easy o I also did biochemistry up till 300 level before deciding to go for Nursing Omo ...to get a degree no be beans I respect you ma..by the way nurses are really respected this I've seen, maybe that guy that kept repeating injection jabber has never been privileged to see the real nurses, Maybe it's the auxiliary ones he's been seeing.
Thank you o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Jolene201(f): 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2022
afrodoc2:

Your whole lineage is made up of fools. LMAO

You that you are still a nursing student in one hinterland village should not involve yourself in things beyond your understanding.

Imagine someone with neither a medical nor nursing degree is forming champion.

Jolene olodo. Go and read your books. grin
Oh really?? Okay.
Enjoy your anonymity..lolz
Won't waste words on you.
Quote me back if you wish..
Won't be stopping low to reply..

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by afrodoc2: 2:44am On Jun 26, 2022
Jolene201:

Oh really?? Okay.
Enjoy your anonymity..lolz
Won't waste words on you.
Quote me back if you wish..
Won't be stopping low to reply..

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by olusegxz: 3:24am On Jun 26, 2022
debola27:

A doctor is also part of a medical team. Can you work on your own? Why do you go to great lengths to train quacks to work for you if you can do everything on your own? In primary health centres, public health nurses diagnose patients and treat them. So it all depends on what your job is. In US, Nurse practitioners diagnose and treat patients. And normally, as Nurses, we have Nursing diagnosis that we use and write for patients to take care of them in the ward. So what are you saying?

A nurse practitioner is different. You need to go to post grad school and do a separate licence for that. In Nigeria there is nothing like a nurse practitioner.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by olusegxz: 3:30am On Jun 26, 2022
debola27:

A doctor is also part of a medical team. Can you work on your own? Why do you go to great lengths to train quacks to work for you if you can do everything on your own? In primary health centres, public health nurses diagnose patients and treat them. So it all depends on what your job is. In US, Nurse practitioners diagnose and treat patients. And normally, as Nurses, we have Nursing diagnosis that we use and write for patients to take care of them in the ward. So what are you saying?

A doctor can clerk, treat, support and post monitor a patient. Only a doctor on the ground is allowed for standard requirements but if a hospital has only a nurse on duty during working hours with no justable cause it can be sanctioned. Once again I didn't create the delegation of duties, hate it or love it. It doesn't change this role. Nairaland is faceless, go to a hospital setting and make these claims not here.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by olusegxz: 3:45am On Jun 26, 2022
dora7891:

So with all this schooling, book still didn’t pass and enter your brain? Ha beg your village people

Sorry and who are you? And which village are you from. Because where I am from we do not hate success. If you know what the average education of further medical training entails you won't be so estatic, condescending and myopic.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by olusegxz: 5:48am On Jun 26, 2022
Pinkyposh:

Hazardous materials have a specific list. Even in the nurse report she said sharps were left behind. Which is a discrepancy from what the doctors said. According to the doctors only waste matter was left behind. Anyhoo I think this trend is fast becoming one of hate and unnecessary slandering. Nursing is a respectable profession and one that is vital. No one is disputing this. So mutual ward respect is key. This trend is specific to the occurrence that occurred and the nurse on duty was wrong for her actions no matter how it is looked at. Could all parties have handled it more maturely; yes. Could the fact that they were both women play a big role in how things turned out; yes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

64 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1337, 255 Discharged, 40 Deaths / Four Side Effects Of Sleeping With Lights On / Help My Mother Diagnose This Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.