Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) - Health (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) (51340 Views)

Pictures Of The Newly Renovated Abia State University Teaching Hospital, Aba / Official Commissioning Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Nnewi (pic / Staff of Jos University Teaching Hospital Celebrate Exit of "Tyrant" CMD (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by aribisala0(m): 11:35am On Jul 03, 2022
olusegxz:

Myopic brain.
Liar claiming to be a doctor
Shame!!
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by olusegxz: 11:37am On Jul 03, 2022
aribisala0:
Shame!!

Lol Mumu
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by aribisala0(m): 11:38am On Jul 03, 2022
olusegxz:

Lol Mumu
Just confess
You are not really a doctor are you?

So why lie?
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by olusegxz: 11:40am On Jul 03, 2022
aribisala0:
Shame!!

Actually I am not a doctor I am a conductor. Lol. Mumu.

And a fulganizer join.

You can now sleep at night. Ode.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by aribisala0(m): 11:42am On Jul 03, 2022
olusegxz:

Actually I am not a doctor I am a conductor. Lol. Mumu.

And a fulganizer join.
So why lie?
What is fulganizer? Illiterate!
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by olusegxz: 11:44am On Jul 03, 2022
aribisala0:
So why lie?
What is fulganizer? Illiterate!

Lool I knew you will pick that lol. Ode.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by aribisala0(m): 11:51am On Jul 03, 2022
olusegxz:

Lool I knew you will pick that lol. Ode.
so when you say you are a doctor you are abbreviating conductor
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by dway2life(m): 11:53am On Jul 03, 2022
A nurse cannot function on its own in any medical institution..he gets instructions from the doctor. If the doctor ask you to assist, will you say no, you won't?

A lot of you people actually have to adjust if you have a chance to work outside Nigeria.. Nigeria actually is a messed up system.

For example in a construction site. A labourer and an engineer have equal opportunity to safeguard the site. If an engineer instructs the labourer to clear the debris. What do you think will happen if the labourer refuses.

The hierarchy in the medical field demands certain things from the nurse in which Nigerian nurses will decided to fight tooth and nail for.. I won't blame you at all ... I just blame the Nigeria system that have actually bastardized anything working.

Warriorprince:

I know you don't know, I will still teach you.
Everyone in the hospital is responsible to making the environment safe but this duty varies. So look at your photo.....you see that that clinical staff, it comprises of pharm., Lab. Sci.,physician(Doctor), radiologist e.t.c. As a Periop. Nurse I damp dust my unit, discard my sharps and waste and I make the environment safe but you won't see me with broom and packer, so cleaning duty vary.

The fact that you eat in public and throw your nylon in the gutters and you go scot free doesn't mean you are right. As a responsible human, you are suppose to trash them in a waste can.

Managing sharps and other wastes in the hospital is much more important because of the potential risk they can bring. So Mr Man/Dr, it is not a matter of Ego, all of us as a team managing the patient must ensure we keep them safe including our each other.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Warriorprince(m): 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
dway2life:
A nurse cannot function on its own in any medical institution..he gets instructions from the doctor. If the doctor ask you to assist, will you say no, you won't?

A lot of you people actually have to adjust if you have a chance to work outside Nigeria.. Nigeria actually is a messed up system.

For example in a construction site. A labourer and an engineer have equal opportunity to safeguard the site. If an engineer instructs the labourer to clear the debris. What do you think will happen if the labourer refuses.

The hierarchy in the medical field demands certain things from the nurse in which Nigerian nurses will decided to fight tooth and nail for.. I won't blame you at all ... I just blame the Nigeria system that have actually bastardized anything working.

In the health care system, we work as a team. There is absolutely NO most important person. No one, I repeat no one can work alone. You comment out of pure ignorance because you do not know how the system works. It's not a servant-master relationship but a team work. The reference to laborer-engineer role does not suffice here. I am not a servant to a doctor, and No Dr has ever boss me around or would boss a pharmacist around, we have different expertise and Job description. We work together.

Even the head of the hospital which has being monopolise by physician is only practise in Africa. The overhead of the hospital in many advanced country is a CEO which can be a physician, a nurse, pharmacist e.t c. Even a Nurse has once hold sway as the acting surgeon general of the United State.

N.B a laborer is an unskilled labour. I do not want to lecture you in your field.

So tell me, as an engineer, who is more important and who commands who? A site engineer, a structural engineer or a geotechnical engineer e.t.c.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by bizzibodi(m): 2:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
watersideboys:

He is right. Why so pained
A quack is a person who dishonestly claims to have special knowledge or skills in some field E:g medicine,law, engineering etc.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
Warriorprince:

In the health care system, we work as a team. There is absolutely NO most important person. No one, I repeat no one can work alone. You comment out of pure ignorance because you do not know how the system works. It's not a servant-master relationship but a team work. The reference to laborer-engineer role does not suffice here. I am not a servant to a doctor, and No Dr has ever boss me around or would boss a pharmacist around, we have different expertise and Job description. We work together.

Even the head of the hospital which has being monopolise by physician is only practise in Africa. The overhead of the hospital in many advanced country is a CEO which can be a physician, a nurse, pharmacist e.t c. Even a Nurse has once hold sway as the acting surgeon general of the United State.

N.B a laborer is an unskilled labour. I do not want to lecture you in your field.

So tell me, as an engineer, who is more important and who commands who? A site engineer, a structural engineer or a geotechnical engineer e.t.c.

In the hospital you mentioned in advanced Countries, there is still a chief medical director, who is a Medical Doctor, to oversee quality and safety in the clinical side of things. A CEO can even be brought in from a Non-medical field, they handle the business part of the organisation. This is not necessary in Nigeria except the teaching hospitals are completely privitized, and become selffunded.

The CMD will remain a Medical Doctor, the CNO will remain as nurse etc. But the CMD will be the overall head in clinical decisions.

Let's not decieve ourselves with cliches.

PonziHater

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by dway2life(m): 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
You are stuck with your beliefs, however I can't convince a grown person office ethics...

Okay if u don't want to relate to my analogy, u made mention of structural engineer etc. They are all engineers, remember.. every other person gets instructions from him whether skilled or unskilled..

If you do not know a simple definition of a nurse, I will help you with one

What is a good definition of a nurse?
1 : a person who cares for the sick or infirm specifically : a licensed health-care professional who practices independently or is supervised by a physician, surgeon, or dentist and who is skilled in promoting and maintaining health — compare licensed practical nurse, registered nurse.

Warriorprince:

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Warriorprince(m): 11:36am On Jul 04, 2022
dway2life:
You are stuck with your beliefs, however I can't convince a grown person office ethics...

Okay if u don't want to relate to my analogy, u made mention of structural engineer etc. They are all engineers, remember.. every other person gets instructions from him whether skilled or unskilled..

If you do not know a simple definition of a nurse, I will help you with one

What is a good definition of a nurse?
1 : a person who cares for the sick or infirm specifically : a licensed health-care professional who practices independently or is supervised by a physician, surgeon, or dentist and who is skilled in promoting and maintaining health — compare licensed practical nurse, registered nurse.

Did you enter medicine with a view that you want to be commanding people? My brother you are in a wrong profession. Try Soldier.

In Health we don't command each other we work as a team. I have never being supervise by a physician since I started Nursing. I have gain intense knowledge from physician and consultants and I have also add to their body of knowledge as well. Abi how many nurse have you supervised?

Their are many types of nurses, am sure you know that? In Nigeria there quacks you train in your private hospital and Registered Nurse. So next time, type Registered Nurse when you want to check who is a Nurse.

Now back to construction analogy....... No Engineer is superior than the other. Structural engineer or Site engineer are just branches of Civil engineering depending on your specialty just like a General Surgeon is not superior to a Urologist.

Am not even sure which profession I can say you belong to sef, you are not inform in Engineering and you lack basic understanding of health issues. So, who you be?

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by dway2life(m): 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2022
Stay in your delusion until you leave your comfort zone and understand how d world works. Like I said no one is a slave to anyone. There's division of labor. A doctor should perform his/duty likewise the nurse. If a nurse thinks he/she is equal to a doctor, the person must be kidding. And the person needs psychiatric check-up.

That's all I have to say

Warriorprince:

Did you enter medicine with a view that you want to be commanding people? My brother you are in a wrong profession. Try Soldier.

In Health we don't command each other we work as a team. I have never being supervise by a physician since I started Nursing. I have gain intense knowledge from physician and consultants and I have also add to their body of knowledge as well. Abi how many nurse have you supervised?

Their are many types of nurses, am sure you know that? In Nigeria there quacks you train in your private hospital and Registered Nurse. So next time, type Registered Nurse when you want to check who is a Nurse.

Now back to construction analogy....... No Engineer is superior than the other. Structural engineer or Site engineer are just branches of Civil engineering depending on your specialty just like a General Surgeon is not superior to a Urologist.

Am not even sure which profession I can say you belong to sef, you are not inform in Engineering and you lack basic understanding of health issues. So, who you be?
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Warriorprince(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2022
dway2life:
Stay in your delusion until you leave your comfort zone and understand how d world works. Like I said no one is a slave to anyone. There's division of labor. A doctor should perform his/duty likewise the nurse. If a nurse thinks he/she is equal to a doctor, the person must be kidding. And the person needs psychiatric check-up.

That's all I have to say

"stay in my comfort zone". Do you know me or my comfort zone. If you use sharps you discard it yourself, you don't delegate certain duty and that is one of it. If you don't know that simple truth, you have no business in the health sector.

A nurse is not equal to a doctor, and you will not find that in any of my right up. They are different discipline though they might have overlapping skills and expertise. Yes, in Nigeria the doctor is the head of the hospital. Yes, if you said others are servant in some millennials ago, I would certainly agree with you because medicine dominates the health sector then. But today, is different, no Job or discipline is superior to the other and certainly not even in health sector, though i know that is how most of you are condition to think in Nigeria. We work as a interdisciplinary team, in some situation, there might need to be a team leader e.g in the theatre the surgeon leads the operating team, however if things change during surgery and patient needs resuscitation the anaesthetist is the team leader e.t.c depending on the situation.

Yes back to issue of comfort zone. If you don't know, in some countries nurses are even allowed to perform certain major surgery which are considered hallowed chamber for physicians. Yes even in Africa in Mozambique and even Ethiopia, Just recently In the UK nurses were permitted to issue fit notes, one of the exclusive right of physician, also the US I said it before, a nurse rose to the position of acting Surgeon-General, that's the highest position a physician can, and I said it again physician are not the head of hospital in advanced countries, anyone can be the CEO. It shock you! It's only in Nigeria we always want to remain backward. And if you have left your comfort zone, you would have known this simple truth. One of my surgeon was shocked while working in oversea. He told me and I and qoute "I start skin prep. only to be challenged by a scrub nurse that I was doing his work, I quickly apologised that in Nigeria I was the one that used to do it. There are number of things we do here that are not right, even I saw nurses prescribing in the NHS, he concluded".

Go and Examine the principle of Borrow servant rule and how that has evolved in relations to the physician-nurse duty.

You are still condition to think like in many century ago, embrace change positively and stop whipping sentiments.........examine my point and tell me which one is a lie. Instead of coming up with fallacy upon fallacy.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Warriorprince(m): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2022
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Warriorprince(m): 11:37am On Jul 05, 2022
sgtponzihater1:

In the hospital you mentioned in advanced Countries, there is still a chief medical director, who is a Medical Doctor, to oversee quality and safety in the clinical side of things. A CEO can even be brought in from a Non-medical field, they handle the business part of the organisation. This is not necessary in Nigeria except the teaching hospitals are completely privitized, and become selffunded.

The CMD will remain a Medical Doctor, the CNO will remain as nurse etc. But the CMD will be the overall head in clinical decisions.

Let's not decieve ourselves with cliches.

PonziHater

I did not say there is no ChIef medical officer, likewise other departments has their head. But there is overall head where all these heads report to and provides feedback and it is the CEO which can be physician, nurse, pharmacist or any other. He is BOSS to the CMD and others

Are you saying the NHS is a privately owned? Are you saying Nigeria health care system can compete with oversees or why did you say this is not necessary in Nigeria? In my VIEW the monopoly of leadership in Nigeria health sector is even a great factor pulling us backward.

Let just assume NHS is private and Nigeria sector is privatalize, will Nigeria physician stand for other healthcare worker becoming a CEO?

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2022
Warriorprince:

I did not say there is no ChIef medical officer, likewise other departments has their head. But there is overall head where all these heads report to and provides feedback and it is the CEO which can be physician, nurse, pharmacist or any other. He is BOSS to the CMD and others

Are you saying the NHS is a privately owned? Are you saying Nigeria health care system can compete with oversees or why did you say this is not necessary in Nigeria? In my VIEW the monopoly of leadership in Nigeria health sector is even a great factor pulling us backward.

Let just assume NHS is private and Nigeria sector is privatalize, will Nigeria physician stand for other healthcare worker becoming a CEO?

This is another joke. Nigeria does not need the above. The people crying for all this CEO bullshit are group of opportunist wanting to feed off an already deeply eroded system, and earn a pay grade that is largely above the effort they put in.

Why are Nigerian nurses in the NHS happy with band 5 pay of max 28k and band 6 pay of max 33-35k, and not fighting for the same pay as Doctors. The answer is simple there is no impunity there, its not Nigeria where Johesu can starting kicking for the same very unwarranted pay grade as Doctors, or where nursing which should never take 5years for a BSC are asking for their course to be extended to 6years to give them doctorate, all in the bid to start at a certain level in the civil service.

A sane country would never have approved an internship for nurses. Nurses have no business using 6years to complete a bachelor's in a country that upholds justice and truth. It's 3years max in the UK, 2 years if you have a basic medical sciences background, and your so called 20yrs of studying nursing in Nigeria does not give an edge when you migrate to practice in any advanced country.

The problem with Nigerian health care is impunity, corruption, and lack of a standard framework or guideline for practice, and not about creating another office of CEO, and making nurses lead that role..

PonziHater
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Warriorprince(m): 10:02pm On Jul 05, 2022
sgtponzihater1:

This is another joke. Nigeria does not need the above. The people crying for all this CEO bullshit are group of opportunist wanting to feed off an already deeply eroded system, and earn a pay grade that is largely above the effort they put in.

Why are Nigerian nurses in the NHS happy with band 5 pay of max 28k and band 6 pay of max 33-35k, and not fighting for the same pay as Doctors. The answer is simple there is no impunity there, its not Nigeria where Johesu can starting kicking for the same very unwarranted pay grade as Doctors, or where nursing which should never take 5years for a BSC are asking for their course to be extended to 6years to give them doctorate, all in the bid to start at a certain level in the civil service.

A sane country would never have approved an internship for nurses. Nurses have no business using 6years to complete a bachelor's in a country that upholds justice and truth. It's 3years max in the UK, 2 years if you have a basic medical sciences background, and your so called 20yrs of studying nursing in Nigeria does not give an edge when you migrate to practice in any advanced country.

The problem with Nigerian health care is impunity, corruption, and lack of a standard framework or guideline for practice, and not about creating another office of CEO, and making nurses lead that role..

PonziHater

Lol, it's because you don't want competition. Competition exist in advance country, your leadership and stewardship are examine by the CQC. But 9ja NO. People that create that leadership structure you think they are fool.

Give me a single document that shows Nurses band 5 nurses do not want more pay, Doctor are not payed more than 50k in UK which does not even double what nurses earn. In Nigeria Doctor salary is times five of what Nurses earn in some states and No JOHESU member want equal pay with Dr.

Back your claim with a single document.

And Doctors uses just 4years in sch max 5years in advance country....My friend use 10years just to become House officer in Eksuth......NO Nurse, want to use 6years in school. Back your claim with a single document.

All your claim were all propaganda. I never make any claim without evidence.

N.B Currently A Nurse is the CEO of Kenyatta University Teaching Referral and research hospital in Kenya.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
Warriorprince:

Lol, it's because you don't want competition. Competition exist in advance country, your leadership and stewardship are examine by the CQC. But 9ja NO. People that create that leadership structure you think they are fool.

Give me a single document that shows Nurses band 5 nurses do not want more pay, Doctor are not payed more than 50k in UK which does not even double what nurses earn. In Nigeria Doctor salary is times five of what Nurses earn in some states and No JOHESU member want equal pay with Dr.

Back your claim with a single document.

And Doctors uses just 4years in sch max 5years in advance country....My friend use 10years just to become House officer in Eksuth......NO Nurse, want to use 6years in school. Back your claim with a single document.

All your claim were all propaganda. I never make any claim without evidence.

N.B Currently A Nurse is the CEO of Kenyatta University Teaching Referral and research hospital in Kenya.

The internet is there if you can make good used dude.

Medicine is 5years in the UK, and nursing is 3yrs. I don't need to provide a document for what you can search up the internet. After studying for 3yrs, you don't need any internship to start from band 5. The internship is another sham, and gross Nigerian joke.

The CEO system is not useful in Nigeria at the moment. It will only increase expenditure in an already overwhelmed system, as multiple other offices will need to be opened like deputy CEO, secretaries, admin staffs, etc. If you want to be CEO, open your own business, and employ doctors and nurses.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Warriorprince(m): 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
sgtponzihater1:

PonziHater

I have nothing much to say again. For the sake of people who seek the truth. Below is the a Google snapshot Nursing and Medicine education both in the UK and US. And yes Nurses goes for internship in advance country even in UK that you reference.

You have being heading NIgeria healthcare since time immemorial yet nothing to show for it. You don't know all. Nobody is an island of knowledge.

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2022
Warriorprince:

I have nothing much to say again. For the sake of people who seek the truth. Below is the a Google snapshot Nursing and Medicine education both in the UK and US. And yes Nurses goes for internship in advance country even in UK that you reference.

You have being heading NIgeria healthcare since time immemorial yet nothing to show for it. You don't know all. Nobody is an island of knowledge.

Another joke. I am talking based on facts. Notice I never mentioned the USA.

You need to do pre-med in the US after passing then you could proceed to do medicine. It is a long and tough road down there

Medicine in the UK is 5years, the 4 years route is for graduates in related fields which is fair enough.

BSC nursing is 3years in the UK, and this is from fact. A school of nursing student only needs 1year top up to upgrade to a BSC.

All the best champ.

ChiefSgtPonziHater
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by olusegxz: 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
aribisala0:
so when you say you are a doctor you are abbreviating conductor

Not only abbreviating consolidating it
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by yunqdady: 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Let that NURSE keep running her mouth...
She will be surprised when she will be charged for KIDNAPPING......
She should write NCLEX, relocate to the US and do such. That will be the end of her life & not just her career!
NIGERIANS always allow their church mind to take precedence over many things, else this is a GOOD CASE for the Court.
A Fantastic case for that matter.
Wish I can speak with the DOC.
Doctors don't move mad in US unlike Nigeria so she won't even do such. You should rather caution the doctor who was negligent at her duties.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Help My Mother Diagnose This Infection / 56-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos After Returning From US / 10 Causes Of Low Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.