Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

What Would You Advice Me To Do In This Situation. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Advice Me To Do In This Situation. (696 Views)

When A Girl Visits You - Advice To Guys / Would You Advice A Man Who Earns #40,000 Monthly To Settle Down? / Guys What Line Of Action Will You Advice A Guy To Take In This Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Advice Me To Do In This Situation. by Ekejoestar(m): 9:30am On Jun 23, 2022
I supplied goods worth 65,700 to a borehole driller and he promised to pay me but failed to do so.

After several weeks, I was able to track him through the owner of the site he was working on and he signed an agreement with me promising to pay me b4 the month end in the presence of a vigilante security personel and the the man.who gave him the job and dropped his phone with the VG personel as a collateral and clearly stated in agreement that he will forfeit his phone should he fail to pay me b4 the month end.

Two months later,he failed to show up and pay me as he promised and the VG guy advised me to give him an extra one month grace which I reluctantly agreed and after a month I decided that I will no longer wait for him cos I have already waited patiently enough and he was three months late according to the agreement we had. So I collected the phone from the VG guy and meanwhile the man that gave him the drilling job was aware of this whole ordeal and we also informed the man before the phone was released to me.

Now, this guy have come and started threatening everybody with police after he learnt that the phone was flashed and all his data erased by me.

He was even threatening to invite me to station though I've informed the VG guy but I need advice on how to navigate this waters.

Thanks

Modified-. The phone that was dropped as a collateral is a vivo phone with market value of less than 65k

Mods,pls help to push this to the front page for wider advice.

Lalasticlala
Cc. farano
Cc.Rocktation
Re: What Would You Advice Me To Do In This Situation. by Itzurboi(m): 9:35am On Jun 23, 2022
Was there a form of paper documentation?
If there is, the guy dey joke, don't even panic, get a lawyer, submit a copy of the form, let the law take it from there.. But if it's otherway, then your witnesses can possibly back down as e don enter police matter.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Advice Me To Do In This Situation. by Ekejoestar(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2022
Itzurboi:
Was there a form of paper documentation?

Yes, everything was written, the guy himself wrote the first agreement in the presence of two VG guys, the man that gave him work and I, while I wrote another letter in the presence of two VG guys and with the knowledge of the man who gave him the job, and he was in support of my actions, the only issue was that the debtor's number wasn't reachable. So he wasn't aware.
Re: What Would You Advice Me To Do In This Situation. by Itzurboi(m): 9:53am On Jun 23, 2022
Ekejoestar:

Yes, everything was written, the guy himself wrote the first agreement in the presence of two VG guys, the man that gave him work and I, while I wrote another letter in the presence of two VG guys and with the knowledge of the man who gave him the job, and he was in support of my actions, the only issue was that the debtor's number wasn't reachable. So he wasn't aware.
Don't worry about the second form but keep it incase the witnesses want to act funny..
With that first form, you have upperhand because he defaulted and didn't reach out to you, and it was stated clear that if he default, the phone become yours, so how you chose to use your acquired device is no longer valid to his opinion...
Most important, get a lawyer as police officers can be funny. The werey no get money for debt settlement get money for police follow up.
Re: What Would You Advice Me To Do In This Situation. by Ocholu: 10:14am On Jun 23, 2022
Bro, you fvck up!
Re: What Would You Advice Me To Do In This Situation. by Ekejoestar(m): 10:14am On Jun 23, 2022
Itzurboi:
Don't worry about the second form but keep it incase the witnesses want to act funny..
With that first form, you have upperhand because he defaulted and didn't reach out to you, and it was stated clear that if he default, the phone become yours, so how you chose to use your acquired device is no longer valid to his opinion...
Most important, get a lawyer as police officers can be funny. The werey no get money for debt settlement get money for police follow up.

Thanks bro
Re: What Would You Advice Me To Do In This Situation. by Sukkyy2010: 11:43am On Jun 23, 2022
VG operative never enough, why didn't you escalate the matter by the involving the nearest police Dept as legal body to witness the undertaking. However it never too worse, report to any nearest station along with the paper undertaking that he wrote drop a little penny for the devil guys in black then sit back and watch them do their work anytime he stir up any further trouble.
Re: What Would You Advice Me To Do In This Situation. by interkollins: 6:48pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ekejoestar:

Hello my fellow Nairalander, concerning the single borehole that was used and the two tanks that were set on the same level of scaffolding platform. Could you send me sketch drawing of how it works please. Thank you very much in advance
Re: What Would You Advice Me To Do In This Situation. by Ekejoestar(m): 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2022
[quote author=interkollins post=114734485][/quote]

Good evening,
Re: What Would You Advice Me To Do In This Situation. by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 15, 2022
Tell him u are ready to take the matter to any length with him and mean it. Na him Bleep up . Not your fault at all that his miserable fone was flashed. If u apeal to am at any point , na there u Bleep up
Re: What Would You Advice Me To Do In This Situation. by willyo(m): 12:18am On Jul 15, 2022
Op be careful with the advice u get from here. That paper is worthless and of almost no significant value. To play safer since you've erred, report to the police with the aforementioned worthless paper and make an entry. They'll help loosen the ropes from ur neck. If not, you'll go in for it.

(1) (Reply)

Watch|| Nigerian Couple Caught Making Out Inside A Car / How To Stroke Her Clit And Drive Her Crazy / Virginity And Sex On The Wedding Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.