Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC (682 Views)

2023: Saraki, PDP Governors Mull Alliance Against Atiku, Other Aspirants / 2023: Wike Changes Permutations In PDP, Becomes Major Threat To Atiku / Akala, Makinde, Others Form Alliance Against Adelabu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC by brightbright: 9:52am On Jun 23, 2022
The vice presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Doyin Okupe has stated that discussion with the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) to form a mega alliance is still ongoing.

May While the Labour Party National Chairman, Julius Abure Message to Nigerians Ahead of 2023 Election-
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVwRtDyqvBA

According to Okupe, the Labour Party and NNPP have agreed to form a new political order in the country but are yet to reach an agreement on which party will produce the presidential candidate.

He told Vanguard that both Peter Obi and Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso are insisting on being the presidential candidate.

The former presidential aide noted that an agreement on who emerges the flag bearer is the only issue delaying the alliance.
He said: “We have not foreclosed on anything. What has happened is that there have been a lot of informal discussions and interventions on the merger. There have been a lot of third party interventions on this same issue.

Officially, I have been involved in two meetings in two different locations where we discussed extensively. I can tell you authoritatively that I have spoken with Rabiu Kwankwaso on this matter

We have agreed to cooperate together as two different parties to enthrone a new political order in this country. We also agreed on working together politically and to constitute a platform on which a national grand alliance can be built in pursuit of the same goal.

We have not reached an agreement on the issue of whether the North will be the president or the South will be the president because both sides are insisting on being the arrowhead of the union in terms of presidency. This is where we have not really agreed. As of today, that is where we stand but there are a lot of goodwill ambassadors working behind the scene.

“The options are still open. We have up till July 17 or so to take a final decision but the options are still open. We have not foreclosed on anything.”

Okupe however expressed surprise over NNPP saying that Kwankwaso has not agreed to be Obi’s running mate.

I am surprised about that and I have tried to reach out. It is something that is a bit too early. We have direct access and we are talking officially and unofficially. I heard the information but I have not been able to confirm it,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www./2022/06/23/nnpp-labour-party-okupe-exposes-major-threat-to-alliance-against-pdp-apc/%3famp

Re: NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC by adefitim(m): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2022
Interesting days ahead
Re: NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC by Onisanya: 9:54am On Jun 23, 2022
shocked shocked
Re: NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC by Crixxx: 9:55am On Jun 23, 2022
Them will talk finish and later come to sy it's a lie then give contrary statement.
Re: NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC by Rastaramsey(m): 9:56am On Jun 23, 2022
We have to change this APC/PDP thing....

Am forever OBIdient....
Re: NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:56am On Jun 23, 2022
Correction; Doyin okupe is not the vice president or running mate to Peter Obi.

He's temporarily holding-In-place till Obi gets a vice president after which Okupe will be replaced

That's the new INEC

Tinubu did the same
Re: NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC by Moferere: 9:57am On Jun 23, 2022
adefitim:
Interesting days ahead
Interesting indeed. They will fail the same way ACN & CPC failed in 2011.
Some of you are not good students of history
Re: NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC by Bomboiy: 9:58am On Jun 23, 2022
Any alliance that doesn't have Peter Obi as the presidential aspirant is dead on arrival.

We can't have another 8yrs of northern rule after Buhari.

1 Like

Re: NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:59am On Jun 23, 2022
Labour party led by Peter Obi and NNPP led by kwankwaso have both agreed to merge and still talking . Soon, details of what they agreed on will be made known
Re: NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:59am On Jun 23, 2022
Moferere:

Interesting indeed. They will fail the same way ACN & CPC failed in 2011.
Some of you are not good students of history
Why are you bitter over this merger?

Why are you crying

The mass defection hitting APC should be of serious concern to you and not Obi and Kwankwaso matter
Re: NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC by DeleTaller: 10:11am On Jun 23, 2022
The so called Obidients followers will soon turn to Kwankwasiyah... and soon all of them shall be given aboki red caps from the North..
Re: NNPP-Labour Party: Okupe Exposes Major Threat To Alliance Against PDP, APC by hopman98: 10:35am On Jun 23, 2022
My question is if LP and NNPP eventually merge and Kwankwaso becomes the flagbearer and obi the vice of the merger, will the toxic obi supporters accept to be called kwankwasiyyah? They've kukuma talk say it's better to serve an hausa/fulani man than a yoruba man.grin

(1) (Reply)

2023: LP Won’t Get 15 Votes, Party Is Online Content – APC Rep, Akin Alabi / Journalist Quits Her Job With Silverbird To Fully Focus On Campaigning For Obi / I'm Fighting Genuinely To Liberate Biafra People - Simon Ekpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.