Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me (17754 Views)

Nairaland! Help!am Tired Of My Religion(jehovah Withness) / Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / Will I Be Making A Mistake By Becoming A Jehovah's Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by hardbody: 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2011
@ Poster

I was there, left shortly before i got admission to the university, while in Uni, i had a soul search and shortly before graduation, i went back and have no intentions of leaving again EVER. My point? you can leave whenever you so choose to, it is your life and you have an accounting to make personally. As for those parading their ignorance of the beliefs of JWs, i strongly suggest that you research thoroughly. Empirical evidence are replete. Who supports same sex marriage? who is known never to have joined political affiliations in line with what Jesus did? who is known to try and live within the biblical standards yet aknowledging fallibility as flesh and blood? who does the authorities recognize as being law abiding, paying their taxes and conforming within the laws of the land that do not contravene God's clear positions in the bible? Much as i detest joining issues on these religious points, poster should be aware that he has a free exit and can leave anytime.

Someone says he shoos away JWs with a request for prayer, i say YES, you are right, we wount pray for you just forthe sake of it. Is God not your father?, do you have issues with going to him in prayer, if you wanted to ask your earthly father for a favour, would you not go to him and seek the favour? Of course if i notice in the course of preaching that you genuinely require and have a need for that prayer, i will seek God's face for you and most matured witnesses know how to draw a distiction between those asking for prayers as a form of sending us away and those that genuinely know the need for it. In the former instance, we owe you no apologies nor regrets. Having gotten to your doorsteps, we have concluded our side of the bargain to 'preach'. To listen or not to listen is your side of the bargain and we will not be held accountable for that. Finally, my extended family has virtually all religious groups from Catholic through white garment, et all. We all relate as one extended family. If for some reasons in your extended family you guys have issues, please do not put it on religion, find ways of resolving your issues in a mature way. I have spoken.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by billyG(m): 10:23pm On Nov 09, 2011
Religion is evil! Religion is the opium of the gullible people.It is the Torch of the Blind! No religion can lead you to your long-fore destination!Only the TRUTH and unless you can sieve  the (Wheat) TRUTH from the chaffs(false teaching,false doctrines,dogma,distortions) you are lost(Doomed) forever. grin
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by chinedumo(m): 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2011
PwOnder:

JEHOVAH WITNESSES’ OMISSIONS

Jehovah witnesses’s Holy Bible named New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures is incompleted. Jehovah Witnesses know that if they add the verses below to their Holy Bible, the verses below will expose their false belief or doctrine.

I sorry them in other hand. This is what God says about such action. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life and out of the Holy City, and from the things, which are written in this book. (Revelation 22:18-19)

1. Matthew 17:21

2. Matthew 18:11

3. Matthew 23:14

4. Mark 7:16

5. Mark 9:44

6. Mark 9:46

7. Mark 11:26

8. Mark 15:28

9. Luke 23:17

10. John 5:4

11. Act 24:7

12. Acts 28:29

13. Acts 8:37

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming them-selves into the apostle of Christ.

And no marvel for satan himself is transformed unto an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministries also transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
(2 Corinthians 11:13-15)

he that has an ear let him hear.

I think i like this

i wish u will explain more on each of these verses
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by tmed1(m): 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2011
Mr. PwOnda, are your shortlist of verses also included in the Revised Standard Version? Please check,
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by kokolet007(f): 9:07am On Aug 04, 2012
A̶̲̥̅♏ very sure u are nt a JW.....is so obvious!
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Yooguyz: 3:58pm On Dec 23, 2012
STACYM: @poster u re not even a witness, and u don't know anything about them, just looking for attention to critizise witnesses.
typical response from a brainwashed fellow.they feel their religion is so perfect such that no one can leave
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by ooman(m): 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
Worship the Flying Spagetti, there is still salvation for you
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by honeychild(f): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
ooman: Worship the Flying Spagetti, there is still salvation for you
Actually it is the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Have a little respect for your god and call his name complete.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by rsaucedo85: 3:08am On Apr 27, 2013
My parents are jw and I went until I was 21 and I felt the same way. I felt they were way too strict and desperately wanted out. I ended up leaving and now I see what a huge mistake I've done. Everything seems better on the inside looking out but now I see how much I've let go. Now I'm stuggling to go back but its a lot harder to go back then it was to leave. Now I find myself envious of them because they are a lot happier then me. Being a jw is great and everything they say makes since and all the rules they have are there for a reason. I'm studying with a jw now and am making plans to start attending the hall
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by ukchy: 7:42am On Apr 27, 2013
rewardobi: @ Poster: It is unfortunate that you allowed your desire to deceive the general public to push you into writing the above. I have to let you know here that you are not a Jehovah's Witness. All Jehovah's witnesses are convinced that all the celebrations you mentioned are not to be celebrated by true Christians from their in-depth study of the bible. Please you are free to leave! Take a pen and paper and write to your local elders requesting that you want to cease to be a member. Your letter will be announced after confirmation that you were truly the one that wrote it.Also, you can just quit! Stop attending our meetings. Please note today's date. We are few days to The War Of Armageddon as taught by the bible. If you were a witness you would have known that you may not have another time for you to come back here and beg Jehovah God for forgiveness for the insult and lies you just heaped on his name and organisation by fabricating these lies.You think you can joke with everything? Just to get attention, you have insulted Jehovah God? Because of nairaland.com? You need to quickly apologise to Jehovah because to be frank if he is going to ever forgive you even after praying, I don't know. So long!PS: As for all the respondents who are not witnesses, search you conscience and of course if you are sincere you will agree with me that this people - Jehovah's servants are the best set of people you have ever met.

They don brainwash you finish....sorry for your caged life mtcheeewwwww
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by ukchy: 7:49am On Apr 27, 2013
hardbody: @ Poster

I was there, left shortly before i got admission to the university, while in Uni, i had a soul search and shortly before graduation, i went back and have no intentions of leaving again EVER. My point? you can leave whenever you so choose to, it is your life and you have an accounting to make personally. As for those parading their ignorance of the beliefs of JWs, i strongly suggest that you research thoroughly. Empirical evidence are replete. Who supports same sex marriage? who is known never to have joined political affiliations in line with what Jesus did? who is known to try and live within the biblical standards yet aknowledging fallibility as flesh and blood? who does the authorities recognize as being law abiding, paying their taxes and conforming within the laws of the land that do not contravene God's clear positions in the bible? Much as i detest joining issues on these religious points, poster should be aware that he has a free exit and can leave anytime.

Someone says he shoos away JWs with a request for prayer, i say YES, you are right, we wount pray for you just forthe sake of it. Is God not your father?, do you have issues with going to him in prayer, if you wanted to ask your earthly father for a favour, would you not go to him and seek the favour? Of course if i notice in the course of preaching that you genuinely require and have a need for that prayer, i will seek God's face for you and most matured witnesses know how to draw a distiction between those asking for prayers as a form of sending us away and those that genuinely know the need for it. In the former instance, we owe you no apologies nor regrets. Having gotten to your doorsteps, we have concluded our side of the bargain to 'preach'. To listen or not to listen is your side of the bargain and we will not be held accountable for that. Finally, my extended family has virtually all religious groups from Catholic through white garment, et all. We all relate as one extended family. If for some reasons in your extended family you guys have issues, please do not put it on religion, find ways of resolving your issues in a mature way. I have spoken.

Sharaaaap...which biblical standard are you keeping?? when you don't celebrate the Death and Resurrection of Christ which is the basis of our christian faith.The bible said that my people perish because of lack of knowledge,it is so unfortunate that people are deceived,some turn bible upside down just to get followers and at the end brainwash those people to believe in nonsense.Any church that does not preach death and resurrection of CHRIST is a CULT....PERIOD
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by w3live(m): 12:18am On Jun 27, 2013
JSL: Its obvious that poster has always wanted to wear Christmas rubber eyeglass and canvas (the type that shows different lights when they are marching with it). Please do from now on.
Christmas chicken and rice too is only reserved for Christmas, so he has not eaten it since he was born.
Plus he secretly misses going from house to house so that people will dash him money. Please henceforth you are free to.
Secondly they don't care if you celebrate birthdays, new year, anymore. Its obvious you have been doing it secretly for ages. So feel free to go beg for cake in every birthday bash because na only there your longer throat go for fit solve. okpokiyo throat.
Valentine restrictions, no way henceforth. Go ahead and buy all the plastic flowers, even go naked, and feel free to have an orgy, maybe after nine months when you open your door and find three baskets with babies inside crying "daddy!" valentine would no longer be shacking you. you could even get lucky and catch the virus.
Politics? Of course feel free to strangle yourself with political matters, rig elections and maybe they might do you a favor and slit your throat while you are trying to run with one ballot box. Like all the politics have solved anything.
Laws? Go ahead and be a barbarian, people like you don't need to be governed by any principle. Go far into the rainforest where your mates are and feel free to do whatsoever you please. It sure is a free world dude.Ewenolomwanre.

But sure i know you aint a witness. You are just one smelly orangutan who has been in a zoo for too long seeking for attention.

Jsl u bad o
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Adexy4us(m): 12:22am On Aug 30, 2013
Where else can we go ? 4 all we need is in Jehovah's organization. Fellow witnesses in d house pls shun apostates & all their means 2 get attentions,,,,,,apeyinda ni won
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Oiza4yemi: 3:54am On Aug 30, 2013
My dear u are nt jehovah's witness and u know noting abt them.i have once quit d organisatn for about 20yrs wandering d world of freedom bt at d end of d period i realise dat d spirit of God have departed me.am sorry 2 giv dis advise:just quit being a witness (no one wl punish u 4 dat) and c wht d world wl offer u both nw and in d future.i wll be waitn to read ur story whn u cme back!
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Thankgodiyke(m): 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
I just found this thread, i notice is been years since u posted this. Hw far? I guess ur now in the world enjoying those things u ar missing..Well i myself had once questioned my religion being born in it..But with in depth study and research i have come to strongly believe that..JEHOVAHS WITNESSES are very different from churches that exist today..They belief and live stringently on Gods word the bible..They are hated just as Jesus said his true believers would be hated..The best thing that can happen to one is for one to be a witness of Jehovah..This is not and will never be easy..I am proudly a JEHOVAHS WITNESS

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Anidugbebilkis(f): 8:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
I m proud of my religion we only pray our daily salat one mosque
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Anidugbebilkis(f): 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
I m proud of my religion we only pray our daily salat one mosque
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Yooguyz: 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
rsaucedo85: My parents are jw and I went until I was 21 and I felt the same way. I felt they were way too strict and desperately wanted out. I ended up leaving and now I see what a huge mistake I've done. Everything seems better on the inside looking out but now I see how much I've let go. Now I'm stuggling to go back but its a lot harder to go back then it was to leave. Now I find myself envious of them because they are a lot happier then me. Being a jw is great and everything they say makes since and all the rules they have are there for a reason. I'm studying with a jw now and am making plans to start attending the hall
for what reasons do you think the rules were made for?
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by oiseworld: 7:29am On Sep 12, 2013
rome123: Am tired of being a jehovah's witness.

Am really tired of being a member of this religion(jehovah's witness).

There are reasons why am tired of this religion-

(1) we don't celebrate christmas
(2) we don't cellebrate new year
(3) we don't celebrate birthdays
(4) we don't celebrate valentine's day
(5) we don't celebrate easter
(6) we don't take part in politics
(7) we don't marry outside our religion
(cool The laws of the religion are very strict and too hard and many more which i cannot list to the end.

This religion is too hard. The laws are too hard and extremely hard to keep. I am just tired of this religion. I want to quit but the problem is that am already a member. Once you are a member there is no turning back, and am really desperate to quit. This religion deprives you of so  many things,the good things of life. I just can't bear it. What do I do? I am confused.

my broad, He that the Lord has set free, he is free indeed. You can opt out. You are not tied to them and their practices.
Make your choice.

Gal 5:Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by oiseworld: 7:37am On Sep 12, 2013
rsaucedo85: My parents are jw and I went until I was 21 and I felt the same way. I felt they were way too strict and desperately wanted out. I ended up leaving and now I see what a huge mistake I've done. Everything seems better on the inside looking out but now I see how much I've let go. Now I'm stuggling to go back but its a lot harder to go back then it was to leave. Now I find myself envious of them because they are a lot happier then me. Being a jw is great and everything they say makes since and all the rules they have are there for a reason. I'm studying with a jw now and am making plans to start attending the hall

Bro, you will always return back because you were empty and idle. if after you left, you engaged your self in the search for the truth, you would have found Christ personally, and would not turn back. I don't judge them so I simply avoid them when they coming around wanting to teach what they dont know. thou, i have friends who are jw.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by kokolet007(f): 7:46am On Sep 12, 2013
oiseworld:

Bro, you will always return back because you were empty and idle. if after you left, you engaged your self in the search for the truth, you would have found Christ personally, and would not turn back. I don't judge them so I simply avoid them when they coming around wanting to teach what they dont know. thou, i have friends who are jw.
what do u know about finding christ? How do u knw they don't know what they teach? Plz bro humble ur mind and seek for God's guidiance it might help u to know the better truth about God.........the brother u quoted knew the truth and he realise he had made a huge mistake,is not because he was a witness because he knew there is no truth elsewhere except jehovah,s organisation! U will knw the truth and it will set u free

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2013
@op.

I doubt if you are a Jehovah's witness, if you are, then you ve not made the truth your own.

I was in the church, though not in All the churches. I tell you that if you really want to follow what the BIBLE TEACHES, stay with the witnesses, if you want to follow '' the lord told me to tell you (whether is against the bible or not)", please live the witnesses cos they follow the bible's teaching.

christmas, easter, and birthdays are celebrations which doesnt have a christian origin. on the part of birthdays, the eg we have in the bible is not from servants of God.

the witnesses do not want anything with pagan origin to come into their WORSHIP OF GOD.

marry only in the lord was not written by the witnesses, but God did.

what any sincere person will do is to say that jw's teaching is wrong with scriptural prove, not coming up with something you cannot have a scriptural backing as if God supports it.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Yooguyz: 9:06am On Sep 12, 2013
JMAN05: @op.

I doubt if you are a Jehovah's witness, if you are, then you ve not made the truth your own.

I was in the church, though not in All the churches. I tell you that if you really want to follow what the BIBLE TEACHES, stay with the witnesses, if you want to follow '' the lord told me to tell you (whether is against the bible or not)", please live the witnesses cos they follow the bible's teaching.

christmas, easter, and birthdays are celebrations which doesnt have a christian origin. on the part of birthdays, the eg we have in the bible is not from servants of God.

the witnesses do not want anything with pagan origin to come into their WORSHIP OF GOD.

marry only in the lord was not written by the witnesses, but God did.

what any sincere person will do is to say that jw's teaching is wrong with scriptural prove, not coming up with something you cannot have a scriptural backing as if God supports it.

do you know that in d past Jw's actively promoted the celebration of christmas.
It is claimed that in 1919 Jesus
chose the Watchtower Society to
be his sole channel for salvation,
based on it being the only
Organization teaching and
practicing truth. Yet numerous
practiced of 1919 are now
considered to be pagan. This
makes mockery of any claim that
the Organization had special
standing in Jesus' eyes in 1919.
The Bible Students actively
engaged in and even promoted
celebrating Christmas, birthdays
and Mothers Day until well after
1919. These were thought out
apparently under the guidance of
Holy Spirit and explained as
acceptable. Now the same Holy
Spirit has dictated that they are
to be considered pagan or
creature worship and those that
participate are described as
'ignorant'
Christmas
"When Jehovah's Witnesses cast
aside religious teachings that
had pagan roots, they also quit
sharing in many customs that
were similarly tainted. But for a
time, certain holidays were not
given the careful scrutiny that
they needed. One of these was
Christmas." Jehovah's Witnesses -
Proclaimers of God's Kingdom
p.198
Bible Students celebrated
Christmas well after they were
'cleansed' in 1919. The
discussion of this in the
Proclaimers book lets one draw
the conclusion that this was a
pagan celebration inherited from
Christendom, but subsequently
discarded once properly
considered. Yet Jehovah's Slave
had considered Christmas and
not only concluded that it was
acceptable for Christians but
promoted it as "of the greatest
importance."
"Even though Christmas is not
the real anniversary of our Lord's
birth, but more properly the
annunciation day or the date of
his human begetting (Luke 1:28),
nevertheless, since the
celebration of our Lord's birth is
not a matter of divine
appointment or injunction, but
merely a tribute of respect to
him, it is not necessary for us to
quibble particularly about the
date. We may as well join with
the civilized world in celebrating
the grand event on the day
which the majority celebrate -
"Christmas day."" Zion's Watch
Tower 1904 Dec 1 p.364
The following picture is from a
postcard photo of the Bethel
Christmas meal in 1926. Included
in the photo are Rutherford,
Knorr and Franz.

Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by oiseworld: 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
kokolet007: what do u know about finding christ? How do u knw they don't know what they teach? Plz bro humble ur mind and seek for God's guidiance it might help u to know the better truth about God.........the brother u quoted knew the truth and he realise he had made a huge mistake,is not because he was a witness because he knew there is no truth elsewhere except jehovah,s organisation! U will knw the truth and it will set u free

Abeg no vex ooh,
I don't intend looking for trouble. If the leaders of your church make it clear that most of the doctrines they keep are just for the jw with reasons and not that they are salvation attached that would have been better, but if I'm right doing those things could actually lead one to hell, that's what they preach i guess. Just of recent, the head pastor and founder of the Deeper life ministry made it clear to his members that their practice was just the Church thing and no heavenly attachment. so they don't go about with the "holier than thou" attitude like you jw. Everything is sin to you guys,......

If you like stay and keep deceiving your selves to be the only ones serving the true God. That's left to you, you'll never get answers to your questions and you'll never exercise your God given Liberty to its fullness.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by frankkky: 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
Yooguyz:
the Organization had specialyou are trying too hard!!!!!!i have been following you and your hatred for the JWs is becoming like a broken record,anyhow please contiune because ironically people like you make people curious to know about the truth and come to discover the truth.
'ignorant'
Christmas
p.198
'cleansed' in 1919. The
discarded once properly
importance."
nevertheless, since the
not a matter of divine
Tower 1904 Dec 1 p.364
Knorr and Franz.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by frankkky: 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
@yooguyz,the one who wrote the above,you are trying too hard!!!!!i have followed you on this thread and trust me you are now sounding like a broken record
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Yooguyz: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
frankkky: @yooguyz,the one who wrote the above,you are trying too hard!!!!!i have followed you on this thread and trust me you are now sounding like a broken record
well, if you think am wrong can you kindly prove me, the one who wrote the above, wrong?
Thank you
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
Yooguyz:
'ignorant'
Christmas
p.198
'cleansed' in 1919. The
discarded once properly
importance."
nevertheless, since the
not a matter of divine
Tower 1904 Dec 1 p.364
Knorr and Franz.

do you know in the past that God apostles of Jesus thought he will bring the kingdom to Israel immediately after his resurrection?

Do you know that some in the past thought that the mosaic law was in force after Jesus resurrection?

the path of the righteous is like a light that shines brighter and brighter.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
Yooguyz:
'ignorant'
Christmas
p.198
'cleansed' in 1919. The
discarded once properly
importance."
nevertheless, since the
not a matter of divine
Tower 1904 Dec 1 p.364
Knorr and Franz.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Yooguyz: 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
@JMAN05
I guess you're using prov 4:18 to justify your answer above and this
““The path of the righteous ones
is like the bright light that is
getting lighter and lighter until
the day is firmly established,”
states Proverbs 4:18. Yes, Jesus’
leadership is progressive, not
stagnant. Another way to
cooperate with Christ’s
“brothers” is to have a positive
attitude toward any refinements
in our understanding of
Scriptural truths as published by
“the faithful and discreet slave.””
Watchtower 2011 May 15 p.27
“Regarding progressive spiritual
enlightenment, Proverbs 4:18
has proved true. It says: “The
path of the righteous ones is like
the bright light that is getting
lighter and lighter until the day is
firmly established.” How thankful
we are for the progressive
spiritual enlightenment we have
experienced!” Watchtower 2001
Jan 15 p.18
“IT IS proof of divine wisdom
that, in keeping with Proverbs
4:18, the revealing of spiritual
truths has taken place gradually
by means of flashes of light. In
the preceding article, we saw
how this text was fulfilled in
apostolic times. If the large body
of Scriptural truth had been
revealed all at once, it would have
been both blinding and
confusing—much like the effect
of coming out of a dark cave into
brilliant sunlight. Moreover,
gradually revealed truth
strengthens the faith of
Christians in a continuous way. It
makes ever brighter their hope
and ever clearer the pathway
they are to tread.” Watchtower
1995 May 15 p.15
right?
Now ask yourself these questions
* what is the intended meaning of prov 4:18?
* is WT doctrine getting brighter or changing?
*would Jehovah direct a religion to promote falsehood?
The concept of brighter light that you're talking about doesn't apply to WT history as doctrine has not refined, but rather it changed.

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Yooguyz: 9:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
WTS has promoted many significant doctrines that were later discard as incorrect, others have changed back and forth, even reverting to their original position n sometimes contradicting a former truth.Consider whether the following
change is really a matter of
doctrinal light getting lighter:
Imagine being the Witness
parent of a child that needed a
kidney transplant in 1970.
Although the Awake! 1949 Dec
22 had described transplants as
"wonders of modern surgery", in
1967 God revealed that
transplants were wrong in his
eyes. The Watchtower 1967 Nov
15 pp.702-704 stated that being
now "enlightened by God's
word" God's people understood
that transplants are against
divine principles and
cannibalistic. The parents must
sincerely have believed they were
putting Jehovah first when
watching their child die, refusing
them the opportunity of possible
survival through a transplant.
How would that parent feel on
reading the Watchtower 1980
Mar 15 p.31 - "There is no Biblical
command pointedly forbidding
the taking in of other human
tissue. It is a matter for personal
decision. " The enlightenment of
1967 had proved to be dark,
harmful and in need of later
correction, a regressive doctrine
that resulted in the unnecessary
death of members. When a
doctrine changes and then
reverts back to the original
position this is not evidence of
light getting brighter, it is
evidence of a lack of Holy Spirit
directing the Governing Body.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Adexy4us(m): 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
If u ar a witness/stil finkng 2b one & u agreed dat d best line action is 2 unfollow ds thread kindly click like & unfollowed ds thread. Silence is jst b best ans in ds case my pple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches / Check Out The Interior Views Of Pastor Oritsejafor's Private Jet (Photos) / The Miraculous! Video Of The Power Of Prayer And In The Name Of Jesus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.