Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (681580 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by damilarelr(m): 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
Abisola2022:
Hello house, I recently applied for my F1 visa and I used the emergency request link. When I submitted I was told I’ll get an email soon to know if it’s accepted or rejected. It’s been four days now and I haven’t gotten any mail to know my stand. Please, is there anyone in my shoes. And what exactly am I supposed to do? Thank you. I’ll be waiting for response.

Send a mail to support@ustraveldocs.com stating your request and your Profile number for them to approve your Emergency request. Or else you might keep waiting.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Pumpyjay: 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
Congratulations. You'll enjoy Auburn, especially football season. War Eagle!!

dzee1:
Embassy: Abuja
Attempt: 1st
School: Auburn University, Alabama
Course: MBA/Msc Supply Chain Management dual degree
Funding: Tuition waiver
Date: June 30th 2022
Interview duration : 2mins at most.

Firstly, All Glory belongs to God.
This is my second time going to the embassy in recent time. I had interviewed for a visit visa in October and was approved.

I got to the embassy around 7am but my Visa time was for 8am. I was one of the first people to be there so we had to wait by the road before the embassy began receiving visitors. As soon as it was 7am we were all ushered in. I was processed with those that had earlier slots. They never said my time hadn't reached yet.

After clearing security we moved in to the wait area. By this time it was about 8am. I didn't get called in for the interview to just about 9am.

Interview proper:

The beautiful lady was my interviewer. She had approved 2 peoples visa (F1 and B1/2) before before the guy ahead of me. She however denied the guy ahead of me. He stuttered alot and wasn't confident in his response. I felt sorry for him but I didn't let his denial get to me.

VO: good morning
Me: good morning
VO: Let us do your biometrics.
Me: OK. (Captured fingerprints)
VO: Have you been to the US before.
Me: yes, I have. I was there last December to visit friends.
VO: what do you do?
Me: I currently work with (an IOC) as a Supply Chain Advisor. I have been there for the last 10years and have..*VO cuts me*
VO: what will you be doing after this program?
Me: I'd be back to the company. The program is needed so I can progress from operations to managerial/leadership cadre. The covid 19 pandemic highlighted the importance of Supply chain management and as an intelligent organisation, my company has decided to expand the scope of our supply chain dept *VO cuts me*
VO: you said you've been working for 10years?
Me: yeah
VO: *stares surprised* how?
Me: *smiling* I know. I don't look it. I started working with them at 22 and I'm 32 now.
VO: did you do anything before then?
Me: yes, I worked a year with the defunct Virgin Nigeria.
VO: ok, take this slip. It should tell you how to retrieve your passport.

No single document was called for.
She only looked at my I20 that was tucked inside my passport.
Again, I thank God for the successful interview.

Tip: pls be confident. If you memorise answers, the questions might not be asked.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rextonMD: 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2022
Please has anyone here used Atiat Leasing Limited to facilitate their Proof of Funds, if yes how did you go about it briefly??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2022
Olu1991:
Please I got Interview Date for 18th August 2022 and school resume on 21st August 2022, class starts on 28th August.
I want to ask if I am good to go with the interview date or its too close to resumption?

Thank you

Abeg, it is good
If I see your 18, I will thank God and my classes start 22nd
How did you get your date ? EA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Samdanny01: 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2022
Stevenssen:

Cos it's usually easier to get into

Thanks , but the visa can still be approved right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dan5loriel: 9:31pm On Jun 30, 2022
Hey Guys!

This is for a friend. He has an approved loan for from Mpower to Study and would like to know what he should fill on his ds160 visa application form when asked who is Sponsoring his trip to the USA.. Should he write Mpower or write his own details instead?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mantics(m): 12:30am On Jul 01, 2022
pufframmy:
PLease Name of the Hotel and is it Cheap

Optima hotel. They have rooms of 8k to 13k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olu1991: 1:21am On Jul 01, 2022

Abeg, it is good
If I see your 18, I will thank God and my classes start 22nd
How did you get your date ? EA?

Yes EA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Abby212: 7:18am On Jul 01, 2022
Good morning all, please I need clarification on this Graduate research assistantship job. I don't know about it. Someone just said he can guide and help someone get it.

1) is it easy for one to go with family with this?
2) someone said after the programme, I must come back to Nigeria? That PR isn't easy in the US

Please I really need help in taking this decision.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmanuelle27: 8:57am On Jul 01, 2022
cuttingedge:
Transcript
Visa Approved ☑️
Abuja

Got there some minutes to 7. After all the checks...was waiting...Omo see as green paper dey fly even with people who were fluent especially the lady in window 8... suddenly window 11 called next applicant...na so I wan stand up o na him security man say make I chill for one elderly couple. Immediately window 10 called next applicant please.
Stepped up.
VO at window...pretty white lady.

VO: Pass me your Documents please.
Me: Aiit
VO: I see you are going to Southern Illinois University Carbondale for a PhD in Political Science.
Me: Yes
VO: what will you be coming back to do?
Me: I'll be coming back to pick up a lecturing job at XYZ... University
VO: Do you have any dependant traveling with you?
Me: "Blurts out without thinking" No
VO: Types for a while...Ok... I'll be approving your visa... hands me white paper...this will tell you how to pick up your passport...

I no hear shi shi again... literally floated out of the building...
A big thank you to @UmmZayd for the preparation...transcripts and time taken to make corrections.
You're fully funded right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmanuelle27: 8:58am On Jul 01, 2022
I'm only seeing approved transcripts at Abuja, please what is happening in Lagos?? or do people no longer go for interviews there?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by cuttingedge: 9:05am On Jul 01, 2022
emmanuelle27:
You're fully funded right?

Yes!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dzee1: 9:33am On Jul 01, 2022
War Damn Eagle
Pumpyjay:
Congratulations. You'll enjoy Auburn, especially football season. War Eagle!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Garbia: 10:35am On Jul 01, 2022
Opemz:

Congratulations. How did you get get your appointment date. Through EA or Regular. Getting appointment date is difficult.
ppAm also going for PhD (Fully funded including housing and meal scholarship)

Please what school is this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dondavida: 10:41am On Jul 01, 2022
Hello House,

I would appreciate it if I could be added to Abuja and Lagos WhatsApp and Telegram groups for interviews slots and tips. My number is +2347032907196.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Philip07: 11:31am On Jul 01, 2022
Hello,

Is anyone going to Georgia Southern University (Statesboro Campus) this fall?
Please reach out if you are.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GFavor: 11:37am On Jul 01, 2022
Good day House, please someone wants to help me pay for SEVIS fee in the US. He is asking how will he do it. Please can someone explain how someone can pay for the fee in US. I sincerely don't have enough naira to make it from here.

Help a Sis please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tiwatolathomas: 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2022
Hello everyone, please I would appreciate it if I can be added to the F1 interview questions and answers group. 08170741709 thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itoski(m): 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2022
GFavor:
Good day House, please someone wants to help me pay for SEVIS fee in the US. He is asking how will he do it. Please can someone explain how someone can pay for the fee in US. I sincerely don't have enough naira to make it from here.

Help a Sis please

Go to fmjfee. com and click on fee payment.
Fill out the form and print out the payment coupon and sent it to her to proceed to make payment with Western Union.

P.S: There are some information you can search on google. Just search "how to pay sevis fee in the US". Pass that message to him as well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tiwatolathomas: 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
Please can I be added to the interview dates(Abuja) WhatsApp group. 08170741709 WhatsApp group. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Festy8: 12:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
Visa Approved
First Attempt,Abuja.
June 30th 2022
Abuja
VO: Bald Man
COA: 27,971
Deficit: 27,971
Eastern illinois university.
https:///f1usvisahopefuls

VO: Pass me your documents,I can see you are going to Eastern illinois university?

Me: Yes,for masters degree in Computer and Information Systems
Security/Auditing/Information
Assurance

VO: Have you traveled before?

Me: No.

VO: this amount on your i-20 do you have it in your account.

Me: Yes....I did decide to just add.

I will be sponsoring myself on this trip with ...... amount from my personal savings, rental income from my inherited and acquired landed properties,a business owned by myself and wife.

VO: Where is your wife,is she following you?

Me: My wife is in ......,she will join me later with my son during her annual leave.

VO: Where do you work?
Me: I work in .......,my roles include ......

VO: take this white paper, follow the instructions to get your passport.

ME: thanks.

Advice:be real,don't memorize,know yourself, emphasize your home tie.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Abby212: 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2022
Please Guru's in the house please help me o.

Abby212:
Good morning all, please I need clarification on this Graduate research assistantship job. I don't know about it. Someone just said he can guide and help someone get it.

2) someone said after the programme, I must come back to Nigeria? That PR isn't easy in the US

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tiwatolathomas: 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2022
TimePiece:

Added.
Hello please can you add me to the Abuja page as well. 08170741709
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2022
Abby212:

how to get GA
get a school of choice then mail the department and ask for GA their reply determines what next
some schools can only give you after you have earned GPA
Some can give just after you have been admitted
Also, search for positions on your school GA openings listings it must not be in your department

yes na your pocket go talk

Yes and No

If you get a good offer or have a good job at home you can go back

To get PR you have to do any of the following after schooling
OPT
Get a job and you employer will apply for work visa for you
Then later PR

OR
OPT then
If you are in a highly sort after profession or have the terminal degree in your field you can apply for PR by yourself ie EB2 NIW

use google very well and stop listening to 'someone"

go to https://www.uscis.gov/ anything you do not see on this website is not true

No ask me another question because I no go answer you

Thanks

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UmmZayd: 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by degxyflexy: 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2022
We have a group. If you will like to join, I can add you.
lanightdavido:
Please, Is anyone here going to Southern Illinois University,Edwardsville this fall? Please hit me up (07037230279)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 3:32pm On Jul 01, 2022
my brother wetin I do naaa?

People no gree do small work na so so them say them say our people like.
UmmZayd:
grin
grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Legacy86: 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2022
Festy8:
Visa Approved
First Attempt,Abuja.
June 30th 2022
Abuja

VO: Pass me your documents,I can see you are going to Eastern illinois university?

Assurance

I will be sponsoring myself on this trip with ...... amount from my personal savings, rental income from my inherited and acquired landed properties,a business owned by myself and wife.

Me: My wife is in ......,she will join me later with my son during her annual leave.

Congrats bro. Being self sponsored is not bad after all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Legacy86: 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2022
Festy8:
Visa Approved
First Attempt,Abuja.
June 30th 2022
Abuja

Assurance

Do you have any funding in form of scholarship?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (532) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: chizurumb and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.