Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (685603 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oabayomi24(m): 10:07pm On Dec 06, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please I need an advice.

It seems I don’t really know how to handle this US interview.
I went for the interview last week.

Degree: master
Total expenses: 39908 dollars.
Sponsor: cousin

My script was as follows:
VO: Why are you going to Georgia southern to study?
Me: (a little confused with the question) I am going there to study for my master degree in information technology.
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: My cousin.
She handed me over the blue paper.

Now, I have received the out-of-tuition waiver. I will be paying 15000 dollars. And I also I will be using my cousin as my sponsor.

Pls how do I handle, and pass this interview, and what chance do I have to get the visa?

Pls everyone I need your genuine answer. I want to reapply for the visa now.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by thatthickgurl(f): 11:02pm On Dec 06, 2022
Hi guys

I think there is someone that pays SEVIS fee here. Could you please direct me to him ?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 4:02am On Dec 07, 2022
Not in all I only did it for schools that required it after talking with graduate coordinators of the schools.
But make sure there are lecturers whose research interest aligns with yours.

Capitalbase:

Ok. Thanks a lot. That really helps.
One last question please
For all the applications you made (PhD), did you have to contact a faculty member to get their initial consent?
This would help me prepare better next time please.
Thanks again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Capitalbase: 6:00am On Dec 07, 2022
chibertha:
Not in all I only did it for schools that required it after talking with graduate coordinators of the schools.
But make sure there are lecturers whose research interest aligns with yours.

Ok. Thanks dear
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cent4190: 6:50am On Dec 07, 2022
I will be having my interview on the 20. Please if you have any group for interactive questions do well to add me up. You can also share your experiences with me
Thanks, wish me luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FineDragon(m): 7:19am On Dec 07, 2022
Yep I applied to a community college and haven't met anyone who has applied too
Nneji2003:
Pls if you are applying for a community college in the us, pls let's connect to share ideas. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by deegabson: 7:31am On Dec 07, 2022
[Good day everyone
What is the difference between obtaining a master degree in an Engineering Institute of Technology and a conventional University.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jojoarmani101: 7:57am On Dec 07, 2022
Cent4190:
I will be having my interview on the 20. Please if you have any group for interactive questions do well to add me up. You can also share your experiences with me
Thanks, wish me luck
wow thats nice me too best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AyobamiIsaac12: 8:54am On Dec 07, 2022
Oabayomi24:
Hello everyone,

Please I need an advice.

Me: (a little confused with the question) I am going there to study for my master degree in information technology.

Now, I have received the out-of-tuition waiver. I will be paying 15000 dollars. And I also I will be using my cousin as my sponsor.

Pls how do I handle, and pass this interview, and what chance do I have to get the visa?

Thanks.
You were not prepared for the interview if not you wouldn't have given that kind of answer to the first question you were asked. Make adequate preparations and re-apply. Also go through the visa transcripts on this thread as it'll help you on how to structure your answer

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 9:22am On Dec 07, 2022
If a school gives you admission around March what's the earliest date you can get an interview?

I don't want to end up deferring.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by insight001: 10:58am On Dec 07, 2022
Please what is the meaning of this message.
“Your passport is still with the US Embassy or Consulate.”
The message appears on my CGI portal.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by graceyg(f): 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2022
I wish you the best, please how did you get a date in December,we are yet to get a date and school resumes in January. Please help quote author=Cent4190 post=118964503]I will be having my interview on the 20. Please if you have any group for interactive questions do well to add me up. You can also share your experiences with me
Thanks, wish me luck[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
Grading scale is in your transcript,lift it from there and give them.
There are a lot of examples on Google too.
eg
xyz university

A- Excellent - 5 Points D- Pass - 2 Points
B - Very Good - 4Points E-Poor Pass - 1 Point
C – Good - 3 Points F – Failure - 0 Point
E – Incomplete W - Withdrew
WP – Withdrew Passing WP – Withdrew Failing

ABC University

Score Letter Grade
≥ 90 A
≥ 80 & < 90 B
≥ 70 & < 80 C
≥ 60 & < 70 D
< 60 F

Lasisieniola77:
they even requested for grading scale and i don't know what that means

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2022
Yes, but look for the information on their website it is always there.
FaithFolake1900:

So means even till January will still be expecting offers from schools ?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by oluope2801: 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2022
Good afternoon All. I’m currently a student in the UK and I have plans to visit the US for conference next year but I have been trying to pay my visa fee and I have tried paying through the USA visa site but there is no link there where you can make payment . Please I don’t know if anyone in the house can help as I have tried every possible ways but still I can’t get the actual page to make the payment . Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Pumpyjay: 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2022
No idea.Sorry

realogk:

Wow anywhere to get cheap ones ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Newbiein2016: 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
A lot of banks offer this option e.g. if you have a GTB account, you should be able to navigate to US visa fee payments to do this.

Other bank apps offer a version of this. Not sure how you are looking to pay from the US visa site as I don't recall seeing any link to support this.

oluope2801:
Good afternoon All. I’m currently a student in the UK and I have plans to visit the US for conference next year but I have been trying to pay my visa fee and I have tried paying through the USA visa site but there is no link there where you can make payment . Please I don’t know if anyone in the house can help as I have tried every possible ways but still I can’t get the actual page to make the payment . Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oabayomi24(m): 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2022
AyobamiIsaac12:
You were not prepared for the interview if not you wouldn't have given that kind of answer to the first question you were asked. Make adequate preparations and re-apply. Also go through the visa transcripts on this thread as it'll help you on how to structure your answer

Please can I have your WhatsApp number, I have a question I would like to ask you sir? Thanks �.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by drjustice17: 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
Try get funding. How can your Cousin pay $15,000 for you. The VO know that your lying. The more rejection you have, the more it will hinder your chances.

Oabayomi24:
Hello everyone,

Please I need an advice.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by luminouz(m): 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2022
Hello everyone. There is a question a concerned individual brought to me. He applied for EA for spring 2023 and was approved. He logged on just now to reschedule and saw Jan. 2024 date. shocked

Is there a mail or phone number to call for this issue?.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by realogk: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
Pumpyjay:
No idea.Sorry

Thanks for the replies tho. I appreciate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2022
are you using a nigerian bank card?
That might be the issue.

oluope2801:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SpatialKing(m): 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2022
luminouz:
Hello everyone. There is a question a concerned individual brought to me. He applied for EA for spring 2023 and was approved. He logged on just now to reschedule and saw Jan. 2024 date. shocked

Is there a mail or phone number to call for this issue?.

Is actually correct
December is no longer available for EAs
Best time January 4th
Especially Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 6:45pm On Dec 07, 2022
Thank you
chibertha:
Grading scale is in your transcript,lift it from there and give them.
There are a lot of examples on Google too.
eg
xyz university

A- Excellent - 5 Points D- Pass - 2 Points
B - Very Good - 4Points E-Poor Pass - 1 Point
C – Good - 3 Points F – Failure - 0 Point
E – Incomplete W - Withdrew
WP – Withdrew Passing WP – Withdrew Failing

ABC University

Score Letter Grade
≥ 90 A
≥ 80 & < 90 B
≥ 70 & < 80 C
≥ 60 & < 70 D
< 60 F

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oabayomi24(m): 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2022
drjustice17:
Try get funding. How can your Cousin pay $15,000 for you. The VO know that your lying. The more rejection you have, the more it will hinder your chances.

Thanks for your candid advice.

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (534) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: ourunivibes(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.