Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (685917 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Queengolden(f): 10:20pm On Dec 08, 2022
Kenhal:
[Hello everyone,

I had my interview today at US Lagos embassy and my visa was denied instantly without asking questions.

The transcript went like this:
VO: (immediately she saw my I-20) who’s sponsoring you?
Me: My uncle, he’s the CEO of …. They manufacture window blinds and aluminum windows for government and non government entities
VO: what do you do?
Me: I work as a business development executive with so so company.
VO: how much do you earn?
Me: I earn so so amount

VO: I’m sorry we can’t issue your visa

I was like dumbfounded because she didn’t ask about school and all that.

What did I do wrong?

Before the interview started, the person I did my finger print was already like “my passport photo is more than 6 months, bring a new passport when next you come” like she already knew I was going to be denied. Mind you, I took the passport photograph in April and I filled ds-160 in August/September

I also attached my I-20 to this comment, please view it and revert back what could go wrong.

I’m also trying to get in contact with Lagosismyhome. If you see this, kindly drop a contact I can reach you on.

Thank you as I will be waiting for everyone response
my younger sis got denied today too by a woman, I believe she's the same person, according to my sis she said the woman rejected 90% of people that came to her
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CuteBC: 11:30pm On Dec 08, 2022
Please can anyone help me out with direction.
I will be traveling from Ibadan to Lagos very soon for my interview and I don't know where to stop.
Pls help me with affordable hotel to lodge that is nearby Walter Carrington Crescent.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nostradamus1: 11:32pm On Dec 08, 2022
Kenhal:
Hello everyone,

I had my interview today at US Lagos embassy and my visa was denied instantly without asking questions.

Me: My uncle, he’s the CEO of …. They manufacture window blinds and aluminum windows for government and non government entities

What did I do wrong?

Before the interview started, the person I did my finger print was already like “my passport photo is more than 6 months, bring a new passport when next you come” like she already knew I was going to be denied. Mind you, I took the passport photograph in April and I filled ds-160 in August/September

I also attached my I-20 to this comment, please view it and revert back what could go wrong.

I’m also trying to get in contact with Lagosismyhome. If you see this, kindly drop a contact I can reach you on.

it is finance related(I think)

First, they immediately asked about who will be funding the 68k dollars and his company.
How plausible is it that your uncle will spend 41k dollars on you per year for 2 years. Then his company has to be a top company where his yearly take home pay has to be bigger than 41k dollars.

Second, having failed to establish a real source of funds, you were asked how much you earned to determine if your savings might help you out when you are in a fix. It will be interesting if you post your earnings. Although I suspect that they weren't enough to convince the VO

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by absong6523: 12:43am On Dec 09, 2022
Good morning folks
I have been trying to book an appointment for an interview since Wednesday but I keep getting an appointment is currently not available... I chose Lagos as my preferred center.

How can I get this resolved?
Plz help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kelex062: 2:38pm On Dec 09, 2022
Good day House. My sister went for her interview few days ago and she was given a white slip cause apparently she forgot her I 90 confirmation slip. My question is aside from the I 90 slip is there any other document that she should send to the embassy through dhl? Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Trader22(m): 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2022
Kenhal:
Hello everyone,

What did I do wrong?

Please how do i contact you... I need some guidance from you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Trader22(m): 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2022
absong6523:
Good morning folks
I have been trying to book an appointment for an interview since Wednesday but I keep getting an appointment is currently not available... I chose Lagos as my preferred center.

Plz help

How do i contact you bros...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by realogk: 7:47pm On Dec 09, 2022
When last person don talk Approved for this thread lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by realogk: 7:48pm On Dec 09, 2022
absong6523:
Good morning folks

Plz help

I pity u in advance hermano
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by decreamaster(m): 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2022
Oabayomi24:
Hello everyone,

Please I need an advice.

It seems I don’t really know how to handle this US interview.
I went for the interview last week.

Degree: master
Total expenses: 39908 dollars.
Sponsor: cousin

My script was as follows:
VO: Why are you going to Georgia southern to study?
Me: (a little confused with the question) I am going there to study for my master degree in information technology.
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: My cousin.
She handed me over the blue paper.

Now, I have received the out-of-tuition waiver. I will be paying 15000 dollars. And I also I will be using my cousin as my sponsor.

Pls how do I handle, and pass this interview, and what chance do I have to get the visa?

Pls everyone I need your genuine answer. I want to reapply for the visa now.

Thanks.

you still have a very good change of getting it. you need adequate preparation like someone already said.
why Georgia southern ?
you should be talking about what you see in the school that makes you want to go there.
faculty to student ratio is a place to start from.
did you communicated with any professor there?
how will their course curriculum favour you!!!
wish you luck on your next.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by peppo4live: 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2022
uist:

My sister got Approved F1 Visa this morning! Interview done in London UK

V.O. Good morning,
My sist: Good morning
V.O. Can I have your documents
My Sist. Gave him all the documents
V.O. Took biometric
My Sist. Went to sit
V.O. Called me again, why are you leaving UK
My Sist. To do my Masters in Public Health
V.O. You are a registered nurse with a good salary, why do you decide to do master
My Sist. I just need to upgrade
V.O. Why this University Sacred Heart University
My Sist. The research area of Pro Kevin Kessler interest my area of research and I will be opportune to work and be mentored under a renowned professor of Public Health ( Got this part from Nairaland from someone transcript)
V.O. Who is your sponsor
My Sist. My mom
V.O. She lives in the US?
My Sist. No in Nigeria
V.O. How did you come to the UK?
My Sist. I came through work visa
V.O. Enjoy your stay in the US, your visa will be ready in 3-5 days.

My sister came to the UK January 2022 this year as a nurse. All thanks to God, for those living in the UK, you can get F1 visa, saw many Asians and Indians were also approved F1 visa today! All the best

Is she married?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by uist: 11:45pm On Dec 09, 2022
She's single and no kids
peppo4live:

Is she married?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Themaths(m): 12:58am On Dec 10, 2022
absong6523:
Good morning folks

Plz help
Have you been denied visa in the last 6 months?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by peppo4live: 3:29am On Dec 10, 2022
uist:
She's single and no kids
Okay. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by absong6523: 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2022
Themaths:

Have you been denied visa in the last 6 months?

Yes
Visiting Visa
Last month
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:59pm On Dec 10, 2022
Give her transcript so that the council can help.

Kelex062:
Good day House. My sister went for her interview few days ago and she was given a white slip cause apparently she forgot her I 90 confirmation slip. My question is aside from the I 90 slip is there any other document that she should send to the embassy through dhl? Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2022
Thank you very much.
If you have his account details that will help better
Moshkom:

This number is a scammer, he goes by the name Mayor, he will likely change name and number.
He scammed someone of their sevis fee, he scammed people for date, said he allegedly works for cgi for date search and allocation. He also claims he is a pastor and runs a WhatsApp group on visa applications where him and his wife scam desperate Nigerians.
Please look out for him and share across groups
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tiptoe1: 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2022
chibertha:
That there is the 1 reason why she was approved the UK has done the dirty job for them.
They have also seen biiiiig talent to potch from the UK.

Truth be told these guys are looking for already made or will be made in the future, if that makes sense.

You are right getting approved from UK or with a UK degree is highly possible almost all my friends who took this route got theirs then.

Congratulations to her.

Hello, what if she went to uk as a care giver in a care home, do you think her visa would have been approved?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by justwise(m): 3:19pm On Dec 10, 2022
@Moshkom

Please stop spamming this thread with ads.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Davidson5(m): 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2022
Pls guys..
I want to make payment for sevis fee
Who can help out?

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (534) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Denvan, Evalusiah(m), Observer25 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.