Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (695193 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2023
Hello everyone,

A school I applied to asked me to send my passport bio data page before they can review my application. However, the problem is that my passport has expired and i have requested for the renewal since August.
Please how do I respond to the mail so that the school can start reviewing my application.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by shollyshine(m): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2023
zyck:

Around 198$ and you can register it yourself. I did mine myself but the payment process was done by someone outside the country.

Because my card wasn’t approved.
thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by shollyshine(m): 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2023
BigIyanga:

Have you asked Google? Your journey too far oo lol
lol... nothing is too late Broh .Besides the journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2023
LaCotti:
Hi everybody,

I got accepted into two MPH programs in the USA: Tulane and NYU to start this January.

The decisions came in December last year. I’m yet to get the i20. One of the schools sent in an affidavit of support to fill. Total estimate is about 65k USD (30 m). I want to use my dads account as my sponsor/guarantor. The problem is he has only 7m in his account. I don’t know if I can also use my late mums account. She has 5m in that account. Also what are my chances of even getting a visa as resumption date is very close and I don’t even have i20 yet.

I’ll appreciate all suggestions and comments.

Thank you.

Don’t bother, you cannot afford the cost of your education. It’s already too late to apply for a visa in time for a January start date.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2023
Sisib15:
Hello everyone,

A school I applied to asked me to send my passport bio data page before they can review my application. However, the problem is that my passport has expired and i have requested for the renewal since August.
Please how do I respond to the mail so that the school can start reviewing my application.

There is no way to respond to them without sending them exactly the documents they asked for.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 7:47pm On Jan 10, 2023
JaySterling:
There is nothing wrong with your transcript
Your answers are 100% okay
And this has nothing to do with the fact that your school was resuming on the 7th and your interview was on the 4th

Every V.O knows that a student can request for late arrival letter from their school and if that was the problem, she would have asked you to tender your letter of late arrival
Also, after an interview, it takes only 3 working days for visa to be printed on your passport. So your visa would have come out on that same 7th and you can pickup and travel on the 8th which is not late

The only reason why you were denied is because the USA want to reduce the number of Nigerians they issue visas to. They are basically denying everyone whether you have been to the US or not

I was denied last year, I had a full tuition waiver and had been to the US and Canada between 2015/2017 and I was denied for no reason

The sooner Nigerians realize that USA don’t want we Nigerians in their country, the better for us.

I applied for UK and I got it easily

You have no clue what you’re talking about.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 7:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
Sisib15:
Hello everyone,

Dear Graduate Admissions Committee,

I hope this email finds you well. Following your previous email requesting for my passport bio data page, I would like to explain that my old passport has expired and I’m in the process of renewing it. I can not say when the new passport would be ready as it is out of my control but I believe I should have it within a month or two. I would be attaching a copy of my old passport bio date page and proof of passport renewal. I would ensure that I send in the new/updated passport bio data page to the committee as soon as I get the new passport.

Please, do contact me if you need more information or anything else. Thank you for considering my application.

Regards,
Xxxxx

Attach your files.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2023
Sisib15:
Hello everyone,

Just send across the Old passport data page and inform them you will send the new passport data page before they process your I-20.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2023
shollyshine:
lol... nothing is too late Broh .Besides the journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step.
You could have used this same response energy to google and contact toefl. That’s the right step to start a journey of 1k miles.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 9:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
Nozino:

Dear Graduate Admissions Committee,

I hope this email finds you well. Following your previous email requesting for my passport bio data page, I would like to explain that my old passport has expired and I’m in the process of renewing it. I can not say when the new passport would be ready as it is out of my control but I believe I should have it within a month or two. I would be attaching a copy of my old passport bio date page and proof of passport renewal. I would ensure that I send in the new/updated passport bio data page to the committee as soon as I get the new passport.

Please, do contact me if you need more information or anything else. Thank you for considering my application.

Regards,
Xxxxx

Attach your files.
ChatGPT is a powerful tool

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by shollyshine(m): 10:14pm On Jan 10, 2023
BigIyanga:

You could have used this same response energy to google and contact toefl. That’s the right step to start a journey of 1k miles.
and what's the purpose of this forum if not to ask questions. If we ask every questions google a right thinking person should know that there is no need for the thread again. And sometimes if you don't have anything meaningful to say about a post it won't cost you anything to scroll away.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 10:18pm On Jan 10, 2023
shollyshine:
and what's the purpose of this forum if not to ask questions. If we ask every questions google a right thinking person should know that there is no need for the thread again. And sometimes if you don't have anything meaningful to say about a post it won't cost you anything to scroll away.

This thread would long have ceased to exist if the kind of “questions” you’re asking is what it was set up for. Asking how much Toefl costs and where you can find a center in Lagos is a waste of everyone’s time and bandwidth. It is a question borne out of unqualified laziness. A simple google search would have shown you the answer. Leave the thread for weightier questions that are of benefit to more than just you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:33pm On Jan 10, 2023
shollyshine:
You are asking us to do the simplest tasks for you, so you’re not ready to do the heavy lifting?. Go pay an agent to handle your biz… so that you can have more time to follow Linda Ikeji, Instablog , Gossipmila et al on social media.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 2:04am On Jan 11, 2023
TWoods:

You are the classic example of the failure of the Nigerian educational system. A 4.04/5 GPA and yet you need someone to "put you through the course of study", you're not even sure what you want to study, whether it should be a masters or PhD and the uni you would like to attend? embarrassing.
BigIyanga:

You are asking us to do the simplest tasks for you, so you’re not ready to do the heavy lifting?. Go pay an agent to handle your biz… so that you can have more time to follow Linda Ikeji, Instablog , Gossipmila et al on social media.

BigIyanga:

carry your frustrated mind go rest. The primary reason why you applied for Nursing is because some people told you that your chances of approval would be higher… lol Keep studying other applicants’ transcripts. Pls do share visa transcript

You guys should take it easy on people

It is also intelligent to know that one will encounter different characters with funny questions on a public forum. Hence the person is not stupid simply he is ignorant of one thing or the other.

There are ways you could advise them to self-search or handle their situation, not the manners that are considered abusive

If you find their questions silly or inferior, it will do you no harm to scroll away.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Linccoln(m): 2:37am On Jan 11, 2023
TWoods:
The utility of this thread has diminished over time. It used to be populated by highly motivated, industrious folks who were diligently looking to school outside Nigeria. Today it’s mostly lazy folks who want you to do the search for them and tell them what to say. As soon as they get “their” visa, they disappear.
You're very correct, Twoods. Most people don't wanna do any research on their own to get the needed information. That's why not so many visa approval transcripts are been shared recently. Peeps need to be genuine and ready to put the efforts.

Wish y'all the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TrueNigerian300: 3:10am On Jan 11, 2023
Please I have a returning student who came for the last year,would be going back two weeks after resumption due to emergency by ending of this month. The point of entry is New York will he be allowed to enter the US?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 3:16am On Jan 11, 2023
I've asked a similar question here and in another group and gotten no response so far. How does someone starting as a undergrad freshman in the fall get a date? This looks very difficult especially if you're not applying to a school with rolling admissions and don't have an admissions offer from the ED/EA/ED2 rounds.

College decisions are coming out late March,2023. That means visa processing can start no earlier than April, but resumption comes up around mid/late August, 2023. That's only a space of 4 months. I know very few people went through this route, but I want to know if this is possible within such a short timeframe or if I'm forced to defer admission.
Oya you guys have the strength to bash people for their questions so biko answer mine. I would not be asking this if I had family members that had gone through the US Visa process before.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 3:58am On Jan 11, 2023
Lawal1555:

It is also intelligent to know that one will encounter different characters with funny questions on a public forum. Hence the person is not stupid simply he is ignorant of one thing or the other.

There are ways you could advise them to self-search or handle their situation, not the manners that are considered abusive

If you find their questions silly or inferior, it will do you no harm to scroll away.

The problem is this thread is getting choked by the lazy and shiftless... many people who could provide value no longer bother to come here if all they get are questions like "how can i call the US embassy". Let's get real...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 4:00am On Jan 11, 2023
TrueNigerian300:
Please I have a returning student who came for the last year,would be going back two weeks after resumption due to emergency by ending of this month. The point of entry is New York will he be allowed to enter the US?

Thanks

To avoid stories that touch, ask him to get a letter from his school (preferably his ISO) detailing why he is coming back late and that this was approved.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 4:02am On Jan 11, 2023
Najdorf:

Oya you guys have the strength to bash people for their questions so biko answer mine. I would not be asking this if I had family members that had gone through the US Visa process before.

Answer it yourself... or wait until your servants arrive.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VincentTobe: 4:37am On Jan 11, 2023
Please is it necessary to upload the sevis fee receipt while applying for emergency appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:52am On Jan 11, 2023
Lawal1555:

Everyone doesnt have to post a PC response. Someone got admitted into nursing at 24 with no prior degree. I wanted to help him by asking him some questions about finances and gap year..they got mad and became too defensive. I have nothing to gain from this.
Truth be told most of these guys want to japa with less work. They’d rather read interview transcript than do some research on how to make a unique impression on VO.
You can baby them all you want, but VOs dont care if even if they cry out blood.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:56am On Jan 11, 2023
Lawal1555:

Dont conflate laziness with intelligence… most folks here are very intelligent… but dont want to put in the work. If you’re hungry, I can feed you , but I’m not responsible for your plate.. P. Diddy.
VOs are employed to deny you visa.. you should do everything within your power to outsmart them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DAramis: 5:35am On Jan 11, 2023
https://engineeringcas2022.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/?_gl=1*k0m1hi*_ga*MTIzNTM5MzE4My4xNjcyODk0MTE4*_ga_8W9QJ1ZF21*MTY3MzQxMDYxNy45LjAuMTY3MzQxMDYxNy42MC4wLjA.#/login
For engineering inclined prospective applicants,

Above attached link is an aggregate of most of the universities, and their various engineering courses which they offered under different academic session. The beauty of it happens to be the point where all your applications are simplified (You apply, while they will be the one to send your documents to the various schools which you applied for)

NB: I came across this link why going through the Marshall University link dropped earlier by Chiberta (credits to her link, and others who have been dropping important info, and links). Also, click on the link for 2023 academic session when you open this particular link. That, is the place you can register, and continue your application.

Peace upon us all. smiley but I do not mind little vauwelence that happens in the group once in a while grin

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 5:42am On Jan 11, 2023
TWoods:

Answer it yourself... or wait until your servants arrive.
Imagine..."Answer it yourself"

I don't get this unnecessarily bitter attitude you guys carry. Please I am not the source of your problems grin

I'm still open to anyone willing to share something constructive

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by haywhy17(m): 7:59am On Jan 11, 2023
Sisib15:
Hello everyone,

Go ahead and send the expired passport
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:13am On Jan 11, 2023
I have done that. Thank you everyone
infosoftlife:

Just send across the Old passport data page and inform them you will send the new passport data page before they process your I-20.

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Adimine(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.