Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (675628 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (528) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2023
Dreamsss:

That's not true, TW. I understand the intricacies of clinching such RA-ships, so believe me when I say that I researched the life out of this man. I can't post the entire correspondence here, but I had shared my enthusiasm to learn in his lab and intentions to apply what he literally does to Nigeria's PH system, which is why he shared that info about working internationally...and implies the possibility of adding Nigeria to it.

I'm mostly disturbed by the mention of a second year, but even now, I kind of feel like I'm overthinking it. Because he said most and not all my lab work and the reality is that MPH students, do get assistantships in that department, right of the bat. So yes, I have sent an email to ask him about how we may proceed and I hope for the best.

Thank you for being so kind as to even answer me.

Ok sounds like you have this under control. Sorry if my initial response was harsher than was intended. Wish you all the best!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Solohmony: 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2023
Ambycris2020:

I have already been granted my funds approval by mpower.

This MPOWER loan, are you sure the VO will approve your visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2023
Hi can you please share your transcript
HaywhyUnusual:
Hi everyone
Pls, does anyone know a cheaper flight that one can take to the US? The ones i have been seeing is 1.2million upwards

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VincentTobe: 11:37pm On Jan 07, 2023
Good evening, please is it possible to pay the sevis fee through western union here in Nigeria. And is it my home address here in Nigeria that is supposed to be in it. Please i need a response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 11:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
TWoods:

Ok sounds like you have this under control. Sorry if my initial response was harsher than was intended. Wish you all the best!

I'm good. The context I shared wasn't robust enough, so I understood how that could affect advise. Thank you.
Hopefully, I will share a complete success story someday as I see lots of successful people do here. Be it with this prof or another.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 11:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
prayfornaija:
You can do GRE at home in naija FYI. No need to travel to go do it at a center. Just wanted to share...

I haven't recovered from my GRE-at-home experience. And I opted for that route because a friend succeeded at it. The proctors could not get the website to launch. After they finished dealing with my laptop, till date, five keys have refused to resume functioning. Worse yet is that ETS refused to refund me. Had to register again to take the GRE at a test center.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Terry27: 3:45am On Jan 08, 2023
Try Egypt air or Royal Air Maroc. You can also use google flights to compare costs.

HaywhyUnusual:
Hi everyone
Pls, does anyone know a cheaper flight that one can take to the US? The ones i have been seeing is 1.2million upwards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Friedpotato: 6:50am On Jan 08, 2023
How long does it typically take for a SEVIS fee transfer to reflect on a new SEVIS ID? Do you also get an email notification?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CandyRejoice(f): 8:24am On Jan 08, 2023
Please I would really love to ask and please I need answers.
For people that were affected by the threats of security in Abuja and the visa appointments canceled, please what's the way forward? Has Abuja embassy started functioning? What do I do... Who has attended Abuja embassy recently.
Right now I don't even know what to do next...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 9:22am On Jan 08, 2023
CandyRejoice:
Please I would really love to ask and please I need answers.
For people that were affected by the threats of security in Abuja and the visa appointments canceled, please what's the way forward? Has Abuja embassy started functioning? What do I do... Who has attended Abuja embassy recently.
Right now I don't even know what to do next...

You could call the embassy directly.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Desire1996: 9:27am On Jan 08, 2023
All financial documentation must be dated
within 12 months of applicant's intended
program start date.
Please can someone explain to me what they mean by this because am a bit confused please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ambycris2020: 11:29am On Jan 08, 2023
[quote author=Dechamp post=119785688]My program start date is may but the earliest appointment I've been seeing is September, October, November & January 2024 please guide me on a possible solution .
Good day everyone.please can I start to book for visa appointment date even if my i-20 have not yet come.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ambycris2020: 11:36am On Jan 08, 2023
[quote author=Ambycris2020

Good day everyone,
Please I won't to ask if I can book for visa appointment date even before my i-20 comes .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Terry27: 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
I believe it means whatever financial documents you submit must be current, like bank statements or other financial documents submitted to show you are eligible to fund your expenses.

Desire1996:
program start date.
Please can someone explain to me what they mean by this because am a bit confused please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phemi93(m): 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2023
Do you feel mpower loan don't go well with the VOs? I'm asking because I'm using the same thing.
Solohmony:

This MPOWER loan, are you sure the VO will approve your visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2023
Friedpotato:
How long does it typically take for a SEVIS fee transfer to reflect on a new SEVIS ID? Do you also get an email notification?
Same day, if done in the US
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2023
author=Ambycris2020 post=119831265]
I've asked a similar question here and in another group and gotten no response so far. How does someone starting as a undergrad freshman in the fall get a date? This looks very difficult especially if you're not applying to a school with rolling admissions and don't have an admissions offer from the ED/EA/ED2 rounds.

College decisions are coming out late March,2023. That means visa processing can start no earlier than April, but resumption comes up around mid/late August, 2023. That's only a space of 4 months. I know very few people went through this route, but I want to know if this is possible within such a short timeframe or if I'm forced to defer admission.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Solohmony: 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2023
Phemi93:
Do you feel mpower loan don't go well with the VOs? I'm asking because I'm using the same thing.

When is your interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phemi93(m): 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
May. Got admitted for Spring but deferred because of date. This is my second attempt. Was denied in August 2022 with a different school and no funding but I used stepdad as sponsor then. I have partial funding with the new school so I'm covering the deficit with mpower loan but I've not been seeing encouraging views about mpower loan and VOs.
Solohmony:

When is your interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CandyRejoice(f): 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
TWoods:

Please how do I do that.... Do you know the contact or the email to use? Please help
You could call the embassy directly.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
HaywhyUnusual:
Hi everyone
Make sure that connecting flight countries do not require a transit visa… cos you may save money on cheaper flights…. but might be required to pay for transit visa and layover expenses.
Have you tried Ethiopian?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 9:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
Phemi93:
May. Got admitted for Spring but deferred because of date. This is my second attempt. Was denied in August 2022 with a different school and no funding but I used stepdad as sponsor then. I have partial funding with the new school so I'm covering the deficit with mpower loan but I've not been seeing encouraging views about mpower loan and VOs.

If u wanna cover with mpower loan make sure u still have some part of your own money to prove to the vo. Have you gotten a new appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
Pls how do I pay sevis fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 9:46pm On Jan 08, 2023
It means all documents like a bank account, which you will use as proof of funds, should be printed 12 months before the intended semester,
eg

Assuming you will intend to start in the summer semester, which is on May 10, 2023

The account statement printed on the 30th of May 11, 2022, will still be valid.

Desire1996:
program start date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phemi93(m): 10:14pm On Jan 08, 2023
Yes, I have an appointment for May against Fall 2023. I'll have to work on getting some money then plus my funding.
ghettonews:

If u wanna cover with mpower loan make sure u still have some part of your own money to prove to the vo. Have you gotten a new appointment

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (528) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: Adeore15 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.