Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (682148 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Uppityruby: 10:47pm On Jan 08, 2023
EbenezerAyomide:

What of the second question?
What's the perfect answer i can give for this?

my visa interview date is on January 11th while school start date is on jan 9th,please,what perfect answer can I say inorder to escape the questions in this part?
Much thanks in anticipation everyone �
Send an email to the school telling them your visa interview is after your start date and if you can start orientation online and join the in-person. If they agree, then you can tell the VO that you'll be starting online and joining in person as soon as your visa is ready.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Thepoll(m): 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
Be careful!
Not all schools accept at home GRE.
Do your research before it's too late!

prayfornaija:
You can do GRE at home in naija FYI. No need to travel to go do it at a center. Just wanted to share...

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 2:21am On Jan 09, 2023
Thepoll:
Be careful!
Not all schools accept at home GRE.
Do your research before it's too late!

Very correct.

Schools are beginning to reject Home GRE.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emmanuelkanayo1(m): 5:43am On Jan 09, 2023
Has anyone been granted EA recently at Abuja Embassey and how long did it take to get a response?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by toluene23(f): 6:51am On Jan 09, 2023
How do I relate admission MSc in IT to BSc biochemistry. Please I need a thorough guide please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CandyRejoice(f): 7:22am On Jan 09, 2023
Please how do I call the Abuja embassy...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emmanuelkanayo1(m): 8:25am On Jan 09, 2023
Emmanuelkanayo1:
Has anyone been granted EA recently at Abuja Embassey and how long did it take to get a response?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Danielaladejobi(m): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2023
Phemi93:
Yes, I have an appointment for May against Fall 2023. I'll have to work on getting some money then plus my funding.

Hello pls, can you kindly confirm when you put in for your interview and was it an emergency interview you requested for before you could get the date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by toluene23(f): 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
Please buddies here
Help me throw some light on this
How do I relate admission MSc in IT to BSc biochemistry. Please I need a thorough guide please.
Please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2023
toluene23:
Please buddies here
Help me throw some light on this
Please

Have you actually gotten the admission? What did you write in your personal statement?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2023
Hello friends pls I want to know if vo highly approves visas for bsc in nursing for students as I will be going for nursing, I am currently working as an auxiliary nurse at delta state?

I was told us approves visas for nursing very well

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2023
ghettonews:
Hello friends pls I want to know if vo highly approves visas for bsc in nursing for students as I will be going for nursing, I am currently working as an auxiliary nurse at delta state?

How old are you?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2023
infosoftlife:

How old are you?

I am 24 yrs old
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CoachOore: 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2023
Pleas guys I need link to school that offers masters degree that's cheap and affordable for international students.

My post code is WS10 9GA. You can search around that postcode. Anything 1 to 2 hours by coach/car is fine. It is easy to travel around in the UK. Check university of Wolverhampton, universities in Birmingham. Manchester, Coventry, Leicester, Liverpool, Stoke-on-Trent etc

I need school around this area
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CoachOore: 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2023
I need school around this area guys.
CoachOore:
Pleas guys I need link to school that offers masters degree that's cheap and affordable for international students.

My post code is WS10 9GA. You can search around that postcode. Anything 1 to 2 hours by coach/car is fine. It is easy to travel around in the UK. Check university of Wolverhampton, universities in Birmingham. Manchester, Coventry, Leicester, Liverpool, Stoke-on-Trent etc

I need school around this area
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anny4me: 2:20pm On Jan 09, 2023
VincentTobe:
Good evening, please is it possible to pay the sevis fee through western union here in Nigeria. And is it my home address here in Nigeria that is supposed to be in it. Please i need a response.
naija banks no longer pay or use western Union outside. U have to look for someone to assist u in the payment of ur sevis fee

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
ghettonews:

You have to prepare very well.
What school? Do you have funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2023
BigIyanga:

You have to prepare very well.
What school? Do you have funding?

University of Akron and I have 25percent scholarship , I am also sponsoring myself
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2023
ghettonews:

University of Akron and I have 25percent scholarship , I am also sponsoring myself
How much is the 75% of tuition and board that you arw going to pay out of pocket?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:03pm On Jan 09, 2023
ghettonews:

Is this your 1st degree?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2023
BigIyanga:

Is this your 1st degree?

Yes it is. 75 percent tuition is 12k$
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by toluene23(f): 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2023
Dreamsss:

Have you actually gotten the admission? What did you write in your personal statement?

Yes got my admission letter two months ago with 50% tuition notched off. I managed to convince and stated my interest but I think the next phase I feel VO need to be more convinced as I think that is the rigorous phase to land the pali to study this course.

Brother paying for my deficit.

And to quickly ask, can I also push application also along with this via Canada Study route? Hope it won’t stare up an issue
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:00pm On Jan 09, 2023
ghettonews:

Yes it is. 75 percent tuition is 12k$
1:What do you currently do?
2: How did you raise $12K to pay for your studies?
3: Who is going to pay your tuition 2nd, 3rd and 4th yr?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2023
BigIyanga:

1:What do you currently do?
2: How did you raise $12K to pay for your studies?
3: Who is going to pay your tuition 2nd, 3rd and 4th yr?

Ha oga ur question tire m eoo, I taught u have experience or advice for me regarding my visa processing, your questions are tiring
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2023
The utility of this thread has diminished over time. It used to be populated by highly motivated, industrious folks who were diligently looking to school outside Nigeria. Today it’s mostly lazy folks who want you to do the search for them and tell them what to say. As soon as they get “their” visa, they disappear.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2023
toluene23:

Yes got my admission letter two months ago with 50% tuition notched off. I managed to convince and stated my interest but I think the next phase I feel VO need to be more convinced as I think that is the rigorous phase to land the pali to study this course.

Brother paying for my deficit.

And to quickly ask, can I also push application also along with this via Canada Study route? Hope it won’t stare up an issue

Whatever you wrote in obtaining your admissions, tell that to the vo.

You can apply to as many schools in whichever country you please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
TW, I have been going through the previous threads and I must those threads are rich unlike now all information are and transcript is on WhatsApp group.
TWoods:
The utility of this thread has diminished over time. It used to be populated by highly motivated, industrious folks who were diligently looking to school outside Nigeria. Today it’s mostly lazy folks who want you to do the search for them and tell them what to say. As soon as they get “their” visa, they disappear.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ayodelemerit(m): 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2023
Geography 4.04/5 Nigerian scale...kindly put me through the course of study (perhaps I want to divert from geography) and which uni comes with full funding? I was sometimes told I can do PhD straight

Please help me, thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2023
ghettonews:

Ha oga ur question tire m eoo, I taught u have experience or advice for me regarding my visa processing, your questions are tiring
I dey prep you. These are likely questions you would get about funding.
You’re 24 now, how do you explain your gap years of 6 yrs, since average Naija finishes high school at 18?

How do you explain consistent personal funding from Naija since your scholarship covers you 25%?
F1 visa only allows you 20hr work week during school and 40hr work during holidays… so you cannot self-fund your study in the US.

Making sense now??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2023
TWoods:
Yes.. I had wanted to help some motivated people…not to babysit anyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 11:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
BigIyanga:

I dey prep you. These are likely questions you would get about funding.
You’re 24 now, how do you explain your gap years of 6 yrs, since average Naija finishes high school at 18?

How do you explain consistent personal funding from Naija since your scholarship covers you 25%?
F1 visa only allows you 20hr work week during school and 40hr work during holidays… so you cannot self-fund your study in the US.

Making sense now??

But I have seen a lot of people who are self funded why can't I find myself?

Are u in USA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Stevecrun5150: 11:55pm On Jan 09, 2023
TWoods:
I miss the threads and most people from 2012-2015

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (532) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: dest4real(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.