Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,495 members, 7,836,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (704785 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Aucun(m): 12:20pm On Jan 25, 2023
BigIyanga:

-Book smart with good GPA.
-Efficient executor and communicator.
-Wont take no for an answer.

… just reach out to them.. No wont hurt your ego if you’re a hustling hard worker. Good luck

Thank you.

Please, I'd like to ask, can a student visa be denied at the interview even with full funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2023
Aucun:

Thank you.

Please, I'd like to ask, can a student visa be denied at the interview even with full funding?

Yes. Full funding doesn’t guarantee approval.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Aucun(m): 12:46pm On Jan 25, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Yes. Full funding doesn’t guarantee approval.

wahalur!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2023
Aucun:

wahalur!

Excuse me?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2023
Lovethchisom:
Please who has used ETX.ng to send transcripts to WES. Please I need guide.
I need help in Evaluating my transcripts with WES. Please help a friend. I have checked online, gotten the amount. Please I need advise of fastest way to do it.
School: COOU uli.
Thank you

I asked for transcripts to be sent from my school to WES and one month later, I was not hearing anything. WES was/is organized enough to keep reminding me that they had not received anything, so on the fourth week, I asked my student friend to go and disturb them with the news that my deadline was in one week. I even thought the deadline I gave was tight enough.
Would you believe that I slept that night, only to wake up to WES's confirmation of reception?

Ask your school to do electronic delivery. They might not want to open up that they have the service, because of the money they want to charge you, but assure them that you won't mind.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 12:51pm On Jan 25, 2023
Aucun:

Thank you.

Before nko.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Temi475: 12:53pm On Jan 25, 2023
Good everyone, I applied for PhD program at University of Wyoming on Dec 31st, I am yet to here from them as regards interview or admission decision, but I got a mail from them today to start getting prepared for immigration application..please what does this mean

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2023
Aucun:

Thank you.

1000%
If you cant clearly articulate why your course, school, and tie to Naija… VO will serve you breakfast at Usain Bolt speed. Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2023
Temi475:
Good everyone, I applied for PhD program at University of Wyoming on Dec 31st, I am yet to here from them as regards interview or admission decision, but I got a mail from them today to start getting prepared for immigration application..please what does this mean

I think they are just getting you prepped as to what to expect in terms of documentation, should in case you are granted admission. Every international student would need an i-20 eventually and it requires showing them a financial statement. It's a subtle way to let you know too that they have not ghosted you even..unlike what I'm experiencing from one witchcraft uni now.

FIU even told me that they don't have a timeline for reviewing applications, but just to hope for the best..and I was like what da..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2023
Ilysm:

I have not sent transcript to wes before, but I have sent a hard copy of my official transcript to a school using DHL. Their processing time is fast and mine delivered within 3 days (their average time is 5-7 days including weekdays and weekends) to the school. If you decide to use DHL, try to pay before you apply for transcript. I paid #10,300 to DHL.
How much did you pay for Wes?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:40pm On Jan 25, 2023
Check your mail.
Dreamsss:

I swearrit.. grin
No be clear eye, I been take find the Health informatics before oo. I wonder what made me become lax with pursuing that. I had even read then that MPH succeed most with Health informatics.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Musbeni(m): 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
Good morning all. Can someone please suggest a cheap and decent hotel near Lagos USA embassy for me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sunnyhillsfarms: 3:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
Temi475:
My Laramie colleague welcome!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ilysm(f): 3:37pm On Jan 25, 2023
Najdorf:

How much did you pay for Wes?

I did not apply for WES. I only sent my official transcript to a school through DHL for #10,300. You can check through the WES website to see their exact price.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Icesnow(f): 4:11pm On Jan 25, 2023
Hi all! Does US Universities allows admission to be deferred?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eventus31: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2023
Hi Everyone please i need genuine answers and help. I have search different schools to ascertain the one to apply for. And i feel like i have been doing it wrong.
This is my profile. I have a HND degree and currently working at a financial institution. What should i do in order to increase my chances of getting admission and funding. My target is for fall 2023..
Should i proceed to do wes?
Should i do GRE or GMAT.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2023
Eventus31:
Hi Everyone please i need genuine answers and help. I have search different schools to ascertain the one to apply for. And i feel like i have been doing it wrong.
This is my profile. I have a HND degree and currently working at a financial institution. What should i do in order to increase my chances of getting admission and funding. My target is for fall 2023..
Should i do GRE or GMAT.
Start writing schools to ask these specific questions. Start prepping for GRE/GMAT.. A higher gmat/gre score gets you more funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 6:14pm On Jan 25, 2023
BigIyanga:

Start writing schools to ask these specific questions. Start prepping for GRE/GMAT.. A higher gmat/gre score gets you more funding.

Biglyanga pls have u gotten visa or have u been able to secure an appointment date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
ghettonews:

Biglyanga pls have u gotten visa or have u been able to secure an appointment date?
I’m not looking
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by obojememe: 9:39pm On Jan 25, 2023
Musbeni:
Good morning all. Can someone please suggest a cheap and decent hotel near Lagos USA embassy for me.
any luck ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mantics(m): 11:41pm On Jan 25, 2023
Icesnow:
Thanks
Yes, you can defer your admission. Depends on the stage you are in the process. Do you have your visa already? Also check out your school requirements as regards this. If you are funded, ask if you won't lose the funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mantics(m): 11:43pm On Jan 25, 2023
Eventus31:
Should i do GRE or GMAT.

I will advise you get WES done.
Depending on your program, the requirement might be GRE or GMAT. Writing this standardized test makes you more competitive for funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:35am On Jan 26, 2023
They are just updating you.
Your documents are yet to be reviewed.
So for now no admission.
Temi475:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:36am On Jan 26, 2023
Yes but for a fee sometimes.

Icesnow:
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ginikanwamic5: 1:57am On Jan 26, 2023
NUELUSA2023:
If you have intentions for Fall 2023 especially for PhD, please let's connect so we can share ideas.

Good Luck to all
Hello
Am new here and am interested for fall 2023 PhD. What should I do in other to increase my chances of getting admission and funding
Please how do we connect?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Musbeni(m): 4:40am On Jan 26, 2023
obojememe:
any luck ?
Not yet.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NUELUSA2023: 11:23am On Jan 26, 2023
Ginikanwamic5:

Hello
Am new here and am interested for fall 2023 PhD. What should I do in other to increase my chances of getting admission and funding
Please how do we connect?

Send a PM or check your email and you'd see a message from me, reply the message.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Frankolino(m): 2:23pm On Jan 26, 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 2:54pm On Jan 26, 2023
Dreamsss:

I asked for transcripts to be sent from my school to WES and one month later, I was not hearing anything. WES was/is organized enough to keep reminding me that they had not received anything, so on the fourth week, I asked my student friend to go and disturb them with the news that my deadline was in one week. I even thought the deadline I gave was tight enough.
Would you believe that I slept that night, only to wake up to WES's confirmation of reception?

Ask your school to do electronic delivery. They might not want to open up that they have the service, because of the money they want to charge you, but assure them that you won't mind.

I have said this before. Schools can send electronic transcripts and you can bypass the verification stage with this method.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 3:09pm On Jan 26, 2023
Zihno:

I have said this before. Schools can send electronic transcripts and you can bypass the verification stage with this method.

Ehen.., but I was informed that they (WES) were then waiting for it to be verified though..
So I sent my student friend again the next day and they did verify the same next day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (543) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

Viewing this topic: ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m), Chizzyinfinity(m), Fem120, Sisib15, Abdgafarplenty(m), OyoTunjiUSA(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.