Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,311 members, 7,864,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:05 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (736688 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (561) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:17pm On May 22
College is usually a red flag to VO especiallyfor international students. I would suggest you get admission to a university and when you get to the USA you can transfer to a college but for now don't go to the embassy with a college i20.
Although this is just a suggestion, do what works best for you .
Richystep:

Good morning guy's, I just got an admission into a college in Texas, my admission letter and I-20 ready sent to me, my problem is I'm 32 years old now going into a college, do you guys think this is a problem for me during the interview at the embassy

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:20pm On May 22
Stop giving people wrong advice . He is 32 and going to the embassy with a college i20 ,do you think that will get him an approval considering high rate of denials recently even for PHDstudents. Tell people the truth, everything is not about admission, the most important thing is the approval.
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. My first USA VISA was gotten via Cabrillo College (F-1) and i was over 25 yrs of age that year (sorry not bragging pls).

2. There is no age limit in education. While studying at Cabrillo, i assisted another lady who was 35 yr of age and working in a small firm with NCE certificate to achieve the same feat.

3. It's not going to be problem if you can give good reasons for going that route. Some community colleges even have programs which you may not easily find in USA Universities , and they are actually for matured applicants , average American students who have left or drop out of schools , students who love practical studies ie arts and crafts as against reading and calculations etc.

4. Give good reasons for choosing that school, proof that you will return after study, your ties or what will make you return to Nigeria , ability to pay your school fees and your over all profiles (as indicated in your DS-160) will certainly work for you .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by liliberth: 1:48pm On May 22
Sisib15:
College is usually a red flag to VO especiallyfor international students. I would suggest you get admission to a university and when you get to the USA you can transfer to a college but for now don't go to the embassy with a college i20.
Although this is just a suggestion, do what works best for you .

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:18pm On May 22
Sisib15:
Stop giving people wrong advice . He is 32 and going to the embassy with a college i20 ,do you think that will get him an approval considering high rate of denials recently even for PHDstudents. Tell people the truth, everything is not about admission, the most important thing is the approval.

Hey 🤠

@Sisib15. Your moniker has being using for scams since last year 2023 by the cabals who sent you to me.

1. Kindly point out to the USA website which state it that international student with a college Form I-20 will not be able to secure F-1 visa ?

2. What is the OP business with the high rate of denials at the embassy even for Phd students ? Can you tell us how does it relate to the OP questions?

3. You ended your trash with "

by Sisib15: 1:17pm Although this is just a suggestion, do what works best for you. And why did you accused me of giving wrong opinions when you were just making foolish suggestions which did not come from the official embassy website ?

4. You are a hairdresser pls go and open your shop. You know nothing , i mean nothing about USA F-1/B1-B2 visa process .

5. Your moniker was used for NYSC redeployment scam and Job scams in the year 2023. That is what you know. Nairalanders should start checking profiles before taking people serious.

Best Wishes 🙏

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Toshod: 2:29pm On May 22
liliberth:
Please which college can I apply to for MPH or health related courses. For masters.

Why not consider universities? A lot of universities offer MPH with many concentrations.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 2:33pm On May 22
I don't need to reply to your rubbish because it clearly shows that you search people's profile to check for post that suit your agenda. I am still thinking why Just wise is letting you be on this forum. Like I said anybody that wants good for themselves should not listen to you or your advice. Nonsense!
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

@Sisib15. Your moniker has being using for scams since last year 2023 by the cabals who sent you to me.

1. Kindly point out to the USA website which state it that international student with a college Form I-20 will not be able to secure F-1 visa ?

2. What is the OP business with the high rate of denials at the embassy even for Phd students ? Can you tell us how does it relate to the OP questions?

by Sisib15: 1:17pm Although this is just a suggestion, do what works best for you. And why did you accused me of giving wrong opinions when you were just making foolish suggestions which did not come from the official embassy website ?

4. You are a hairdresser pls go and open your shop. You know nothing , i mean nothing about USA F-1/B1-B2 visa process .

5. Your moniker was used for NYSC redeployment scam and Job scams in the year 2023. That is what you know. Nairalanders should start checking profiles before taking people serious.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 2:37pm On May 22
Since no one want to say it , I don't mind if they block me but you are a very silly person with little or no experience with this US visa and admission thing . You are just an hustler looking for food for your family and its only gullible people that will patronize you or the lazy ones like you that can't read that will accept your foolish takes. D
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:40pm On May 22
Toshod:

Why not consider universities? A lot of universities offer MPH with many concentrations.

Hey 🤠

@Toshod. Don't mind that moniker . He is a troll who works with @Sisib15.

1. A reasonable and genuine student should not be seeking Msc or MPH (which are very well available programs in USA Universities) in a community college.

2. That is their style, someone will contradict you and another will come out with related question in order to cement their bunkum ideas.

3. Any age or any one can attend community colleges for F1- or M-1 visas providing that such school is SEVP approved .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Abdgafarplenty(m): 2:43pm On May 22
rsogbuyi:
Good afternoon everyone. I want to create a WhatsApp group chat for fall 2024 student visa applicants where we can collectively search for dates, majorly in Lagos (Abuja too can join). If you’re interested, email me your phone number so that you can be added to the group.

It’s a group to help each other

Add me +2348149977247
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:52pm On May 22
Sisib15:
I don't need to reply to your rubbish because it clearly shows that you search people's profile to check for post that suit your agenda. I am still thinking why Just wise is letting you be on this forum. Like I said anybody that wants good for themselves should not listen to you or your advice. Nonsense!

Hey 🤠

1. You have just identified yourself from the enemy's camp. Calling @justwise out is your slang.

2. @justwise is keeping me on this forum because i never offended him and Nairaland is not paying me for my voluntary contribution and neither has he found any sins against me .

3. Your aim is to gain applicants for your travel agency offices and that is why you are after me. Stop making everything looks so difficult or unattainable. None of you works inside the USA embassies.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bouncing2(m): 4:08pm On May 22
rsogbuyi:
I’ve created the group.
You can quote this message with your number or send it as a mail. I’ll add you ASAP. I don’t want to drop the link here cos of possible spammers
+234 9049175649
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nomsooooo: 4:15pm On May 22
rsogbuyi:
Good afternoon everyone. I want to create a WhatsApp group chat for fall 2024 student visa applicants where we can collectively search for dates, majorly in Lagos (Abuja too can join). If you’re interested, email me your phone number so that you can be added to the group.

Yes please 07052940479
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dosinspector(m): 4:19pm On May 22
rsogbuyi:

07036281929 add up
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nomsooooo: 4:25pm On May 22
Hello please I’d love to hear from one or two guru’s on here I did apply to a university in Texas for a bachelors degree in computer science . I graduated from university here in Nigeria in 2021 with computer science and I’m currently employed working in IT Please do you think it’ll be seen as a red flag for me during my interview which is coming up in July as against resumption in August . Also to add I’m 23
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SOPWriter: 4:36pm On May 22
Nomsooooo:
Hello please I’d love to hear from one or two guru’s on here I did apply to a university in Texas for a bachelors degree in computer science . I graduated from university here in Nigeria in 2021 with computer science and I’m currently employed working in IT Please do you think it’ll be seen as a red flag for me during my interview which is coming up in July as against resumption in August . Also to add I’m 23
Hi Nomsooooo,

Your gut feeling isn't entirely on the wrong side of right. A deliberate decision to spend thousands of dollars to earn a degree that's somewhat equal and identical to the one you currently possess isn't particularly logical.

Why not just pursue a master's degree in a related field?

Wishing you the best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bouncing2(m): 4:41pm On May 22
fairheart:
This is from one my old posts. I hope it helps someone!

The rules still apply. Every student still have a chance, even after 2-7 denials. Even after 10 refusals!!! Yes! I keep saying it: I know more than 4 students who got their visas after 4 denials respectively (the 5th time). I got mine after 9 attempts! One of my closest friends, 8th attempt!

Why so many denials if they were to be granted eventually? I have no idea. I also know several students who got it first appearance. I once tried to look at the determining factors between these two groups, and I can't find much. The first-time student appear calm, confident, and did not have occupied fear of denials, no travel experience either. One of them is a close friend. Victor is a simple guy; he doesn't worry or carry things for head. He is a good example of calmness. On his interview day, he behaved as though he is unaware that US embassy denials a lot. He took himself there and got it. (of course, there are other factors).

I have learned that we can't achieve much in this life if we are not confident and calm in our pursuit. So, I want to encourage prospective students. Learn these qualities as you prepare for your interview and in other areas of your endeavours: confidence, ability to be calm under pressure (this doesn't come easily except it's in your gene to take things lightly. For me, it is difficult experiences that taught me calmness, and I am still learning).
Please don't picture yourself in another student's scenario. Someone has been denied, but it is not you. Have faith and keep calm.
You need to find it within yourself to believe that your case is different. And even when you're denied, keep believing.

You want to leave Nigeria and never have anything to do with this country again? You don't like it here, and you want to go as fast as you can? Well, change that perspective. No carry America education for head. It will happen, but let it not be do or die, or else, you will put yourself under unnecessary pressure and it will not help.

I am just looking for avenue to encourage you guys.

Hello,
Please I’ll like you to assist me with guidelines on how to process my visa.

Everything else is already on ground,
just remaining the visa processes,

Please i would love to be under your tutelage, how do i private message you?🙏🏾

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phayn: 5:47pm On May 22
Hello,

Please I need help with US SEVIS fee payment.
How do people go about successful payment of SEVIS fee in the US or can I do it here is Nigeria, if yes, please how do I go about it?

Thanks for your help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 7:17pm On May 22
Find someone in the usa to pay for you
Phayn:
Hello,

Please I need help with US SEVIS fee payment.
How do people go about successful payment of SEVIS fee in the US or can I do it here is Nigeria, if yes, please how do I go about it?

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 7:24pm On May 22
Your chances of getting approved 50/50. When the VO ask when last did you graduate either high school or undergraduate. I hope you have answers for that. I know someone who went for his visa last year, he was 28 years going for an undergraduate program when he just completed his hnd program in Nigeria. The questions the VO ask him was how old are you ? When did you gradute high school ? What have you been doing since graduation?
I will suggest that If you have good grades you can pursue a master degree to enter the United
states and when you get there you can always change your program as long as you have enough funds.
Since your interview is coming up and i know you have made up your mind . Go for you interview but prepare very well. Engage in mock sessions and have people quizz you.
Nomsooooo:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moroladeke: 7:45pm On May 22
Please add me 08037694921
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moroladeke: 7:48pm On May 22
rsogbuyi:

Please add 08037694921
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:51pm On May 22
August 12 is currently available in abuja

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by samueljayone: 9:48pm On May 22
Please add me
Abuja date needed for a sister.
Thank you

rsogbuyi:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HenryOlaolu: 10:03pm On May 22
Hello.
Please add me 08186187150
Thank you
rsogbuyi:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phayn: 10:25am On May 23
Hello,

Please how does one pay for US F-1 Visa fee in Nigeria?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by teecuzy(m): 11:52am On May 23
rsogbuyi:

Please add me 08052524248
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 12:14pm On May 23
June is available in lagos

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Flixvevo: 12:20pm On May 23
@Sisib15
Can I apply for visa without paying for insurance?

Is it possible to pay after getting my VISA approval ?

Please, someone should walk me through how and the payments I need to make after from the 350USD
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rikkywears: 12:59pm On May 23
Sisib15:
June is available in lagos

Good Day,

Please can you confirm if Embassy do open on Saturdays

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 2:09pm On May 23
What do you mean by insurance fee? And what do you need it for?

After your admission and i20, your will apply for visa by paying for mrv at gtbank,then you start your date search here ustraveldocs.com. After you have secured a date ,you will pay for sevis fees through the help of someone in the usa and then you go for your interview.
Flixvevo:
@Sisib15
Can I apply for visa without paying for insurance fee?

Please, someone should walk me through how and the payments I need to make after from the 350USD

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by samueljayone: 2:56pm On May 23
I didn't get it still.

Once I select previously refused fm(She was refused in December 2023) it shows no appointments date currently available.

samueljayone:
Please add me
Abuja date needed for a sister.
Thank you

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by samueljayone: 2:58pm On May 23
Please
I didn't get it still.

Once I select previously refused (She was refused in December 2023) it shows no appointments date currently available.

Since March ooo. I don't know what to do, please help.

Sisib15:
August 12 is currently available in abuja

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (561)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.