Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (704792 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:51pm On Jan 31, 2023
ocpaschal:
my aunt is a US citizen and she is my sponsor for admission to Australia. The university is requesting details of my sponsor's 2 year tax returns. But she is finding it difficult to release her tax details. So I want to hear from those in USA to know if it is possible for US citizens like my aunt (federal employee) to request for her 2-years income tax returns from the IRS to be sent to my aunt's email address.
IRS wont send tax returns via email.
Your aunty most likely has her returns or can request from tax accountant/preparer
But tax return has vital sensitive info like her dob,ssn, her spouse and kids.. Most people wont give it to a family member to be sent via email to an Australian uni.. e dey too risky. Sorry about my response

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:57pm On Jan 31, 2023
ocpaschal:
no, my aunt lives and work in USA (she's a US citizen) and she's my sponsor. My Australia school is requesting my aunt to show her income tax returns of the past two years to prove that she's been complying with her tax obligations in USA as a condition for an unconditional admission offer. Can she obtain her tax returns copy directly from IRS by email? In what way is a tax returns normally presented to a US citizen?
Tax returns are available to any US worker irrespective of immigration status.. yes non citizens file taxes in the US.
An Australian uni asking for her tax returns?? .. too risky. Unless it would be acceptable for her to remove/block some of personal info like DOB, SSN, her spouse of kids… if such info is intercepted by scammers and hackers, she’s messed up for life. They can commit fraudulent activities with her info. I completely understand her hesitation.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
ocpaschal:
my aunt is a US citizen and she is my sponsor for admission to Australia. The university is requesting details of my sponsor's 2 year tax returns. But she is finding it difficult to release her tax details. So I want to hear from those in USA to know if it is possible for US citizens like my aunt (federal employee) to request for her 2-years income tax returns from the IRS to be sent to my aunt's email address.

Although she can easily go through ID.me to access and download her returns from the IRS website within 5 minutes, she should already have copies from every year that she’s filed income taxes. I’m sure she at least one copy from each year on hand.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:29pm On Jan 31, 2023
BigIyanga:

Tax returns are available to any US worker irrespective of immigration status.. yes non citizens file taxes in the US.
An Australian uni asking for her tax returns?? .. too risky. Unless it would be acceptable for her to remove/block some of personal info like DOB, SSN, her spouse of kids… if such info is intercepted by scammers and hackers, she’s messed up for life. They can commit fraudulent activities with her info. I completely understand her hesitation.

You’re right because that’s the easiest way to ruin someone’s life. If I was his aunt, I’d loan or give him money for his fees before I released my tax returns.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungWizard007: 10:05pm On Jan 31, 2023
DAramis:

Go ahead and apply. Once you reach the stage for payment, there will be down arrow to download the document. Do that, and upload on your Marshall University app.

Also, send a mail to admission unit about it. There is also a possibility of them downloading it directly from their own backend.

NB: This scenario is for EngineeringCAS. I have no idea for other centralized system for other faculties.

Over and out.

Thank you so much, I'm doing for engineeringCAS too

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungWizard007: 10:09pm On Jan 31, 2023
Dreamsss:

I already am applying, but that's because I know the kind of profile I'm working with and know what I want. Promises are not my problem at this stage..I have two of them. I just can't fold my hands and put all my hope in them. I believe though that if you have all the docs, you are already more than half way across.

That's good, as you lead I'll follow then. I will try to apply and pay too.
One thing I'm worried about is hope if given admission full funding go follow ?

Yeah I all my docs ready
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2023
YoungWizard007:

That's good, as you lead I'll follow then. I will try to apply and pay too.
One thing I'm worried about is hope if given admission full funding go follow ?

Yeah I all my docs ready

Do what you may and hope for the best. That's what every other person here does. Good luck to us.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungWizard007: 10:50pm On Jan 31, 2023
Dreamsss:

Do what you may and hope for the best. That's what every other person here does. Good luck to us.

I will give it a shot
All the best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nifeyetunde1: 12:03am On Feb 01, 2023
Hi please am new here, I want to know please can a lady of 32 years apply Bachelor degree in Nursing? I mean F1 visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 12:21am On Feb 01, 2023
Nifeyetunde1:
Hi please am new here, I want to know please can a lady of 32 years apply Bachelor degree in Nursing? I mean F1 visa?
Yes. It’s possible. You have to apply to schools for undergrad nursing bsn… but be prepared to explain to VO her age gap.. Is this her 1st degree ever? Is this a second degree.. if yes, why change in career. Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nifeyetunde1: 1:02am On Feb 01, 2023
BigIyanga:

Yes. It’s possible. You have to apply to schools for undergrad nursing bsn… but be prepared to explain to VO her age gap.. Is this her 1st degree ever? Is this a second degree.. if yes, why change in career. Good luck

Yes it’s my 1st degree but i did CNA (certified Nursing Assistant) in Dubai last year which am still in Dubai
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 3:39am On Feb 01, 2023
Nifeyetunde1:

Yes it’s my 1st degree but i did CNA (certified Nursing Assistant) in Dubai last year which am still in Dubai
What did you do prior to Dubai CNA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lovethchisom(f): 3:55am On Feb 01, 2023
Hello all
Please someone should help me with GRE materials Please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lovethchisom(f): 3:56am On Feb 01, 2023
Banky2002:
Pls, I couldn't find the application waiver on the webpage of the university. I have completed the application just remaining submission

Then go ahead to submit, It's waive automatically. Many People have applied there
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by crowniran(m): 6:44am On Feb 01, 2023
fizzy4luv:
Good morning, please who else is going to Baylor university for this incoming fall 2023. Let's connect. Graduate studies.

Hi, going for MBA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LATECH2K23: 7:57am On Feb 01, 2023
Hi fam
Please I really need help because im stucked
I don’t know how to proceed
My issue is that I just got done with my university and im willing to Apply for MSC in mechanical engineering
My cgpa is not that encouraging because I finished with 2.6 on a scale of 5 and also I don’t have a GRE result

Please fam I need your help on what to do because most school im seeing are saying 2.5 on a scale of 5 and also I haven’t done GRE exam
And also I don’t have my certificate yet because it hasn’t been issued by my school
I only have my transcript and statement of result

Please is it possible for me to be given admission fam

Please assist me with your opinion and view on this matter because I’m so stucked don’t know how to proceed because I’ll like to apply for the next available intake
Funding is not really necessary because my uncle sponsoring me has $25k available for the whole process for me

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fagbite: 8:42am On Feb 01, 2023
BigIyanga:

Have you browsed thru all the schools listed
where are the school listed?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fagbite: 8:45am On Feb 01, 2023
Lovethchisom:

Then go ahead to submit, It's waive automatically. Many People have applied there
which school is that fam?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Successmock: 8:47am On Feb 01, 2023
Abraham001:
Please guys I need a Lagos search days group oh

Send me a mail, I’ll add you
Jaytravelconsultancy@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Successmock: 8:49am On Feb 01, 2023
Icesnow:
Hi all! Why is everyone have sponsor. Does US not recognise self sponsored students? Also, is masters in psychology a good one in the US? Thanks

It depends on your age and your years of working, if you are capable of sponsoring yourself then prove to the VO that you can.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Successmock: 8:52am On Feb 01, 2023
Lasisieniola77:
Hello Everyone,

My mom went to the USA on a B1/B2 Visa, she has become a permanent resident and my step-sister went there on an F3 Visa. My question is when filling out my DS160 form should declare them as my relative in the US and hope it won't affect me when I go for my interview?

Yea you have to declare them and NO they won’t affect you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Successmock: 8:59am On Feb 01, 2023
Donbigi2:
For someone looking for graduate assistantship, how do the person go about it? Is it before applying or after getting admitted you mail the school?

You will apply while applying for admission
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 9:20am On Feb 01, 2023
LATECH2K23:
Hi fam
My issue is that I just got done with my university and im willing to Apply for MSC in mechanical engineering
My cgpa is not that encouraging because I finished with 2.6 on a scale of 5 and also I don’t have a GRE result

Please fam I need your help on what to do because most school im seeing are saying 2.5 on a scale of 5 and also I haven’t done GRE exam
And also I don’t have my certificate yet because it hasn’t been issued by my school

Please assist me with your opinion and view on this matter because I’m so stucked don’t know how to proceed because I’ll like to apply for the next available intake
Funding is not really necessary because my uncle sponsoring me has $25k available for the whole process for me

There are some schools that can accept you.

Do your research and always check the program requirement before applying to any school.

Use the website below to peruse different schools and run a search on your desired course of study.

https://www.usnews.com/education?top_nav_Education

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ambycris2020: 9:54am On Feb 01, 2023
[quote author=tbh2053 post=120496748]Good afternoon House,

Please, How do I apply for an emergency appointment? What documents do I attach? also, what is the email address?

My admission is for Fall 2023, However, the dates I'm seeing are for Sept, 2023 which is quite close to the resumption date.

Thank you.

You can call me let's talk about it 08036487921
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by iamola30: 10:23am On Feb 01, 2023
LATECH2K23:
Hi fam

Realistically, your gpa is low. It's a long process though but if you can do what I say you'll thank me later. A 3rd class bros close to me did these process, now he's in the state now schooling.

First, evaluate your transcript with WES to improve your gpa

Second, search for low ranking schools in rural America and those colder regions where competition is pretty low.

Third, write a GRE test to help you cover up for the low gpa

Fourth, apply to about 7-10 of such schools and earlier to increase your options.

Lastly, thank me later.

Note: The process is fund intensive, exhausting but worth it if you ask me.

Luckily, you can even get funded offer too.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LATECH2K23: 11:30am On Feb 01, 2023
iamola30:

Realistically, your gpa is low. It's a long process though but if you can do what I say you'll thank me later. A 3rd class bros close to me did these process, now he's in the state now schooling.

First, evaluate your transcript with WES to improve your gpa

Second, search for low ranking schools in rural America and those colder regions where competition is pretty low.

Third, write a GRE test to help you cover up for the low gpa

Fourth, apply to about 7-10 of such schools and earlier to increase your options.

Lastly, thank me later.

Note: The process is fund intensive, exhausting but worth it if you ask me.

Luckily, you can even get funded offer too.

Thanks so much Emiola

Actually after using Wes evaluation calculator on their portal it boosted my result from 2.6 to 2.91

But I don’t know if the 2.91 is okay and also
What about the schools who doesn’t ask for evaluated result
Will I still send them the Wes result too

I’ll be waiting for your response
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LATECH2K23: 11:37am On Feb 01, 2023
Fam please can you help me interpret the circled part of this picture

What does the last 60 semester ( 90 quarter unit) means

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 12:31pm On Feb 01, 2023
LATECH2K23:
Fam please can you help me interpret the circled part of this picture

What does the last 60 semester ( 90 quarter unit) means

Depending on the number of credit units offered by your department.
It means the last two/three/four years of your study.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nifeyetunde1: 12:31pm On Feb 01, 2023
BigIyanga:

What did you do prior to Dubai CNA?
Doing an Intership in one hospital in here ,so please what is your opinion on it? And how did you think th I can prepare my self ? Because am waiting for my i20 right now which can be out any moment from now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by iamola30: 12:32pm On Feb 01, 2023
LATECH2K23:

Thanks so much Emiola

Actually after using Wes evaluation calculator on their portal it boosted my result from 2.6 to 2.91

Thanks

With 2.91 you will get admission, you just need to target schools between 2.5- 2.75 gpa.

Lots of them.

You will use the unofficial copy as your application, that's after doing a real evaluation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 12:33pm On Feb 01, 2023
LATECH2K23:

Thanks so much Emiola

Thanks

If you have done WES evaluation, it is acceptable by all Universities I have come across in the US.
You don't need to be applying to your school for an official transcript. I will also save you some cost and time to be applying through school.
You know ASUU is also a factor here in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (543) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

Viewing this topic: OyoTunjiUSA(m), Sisib15, Abdgafarplenty(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.