Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,574 members, 7,816,412 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (681090 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungWizard007: 12:02pm On Feb 15, 2023
petertunde:

No

Thanks
I sent them mail to confirm but they did not reply
I'll just continue with the app then

petertunde:

No

Which program did you put in for Msc or PhD?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anfieldboss: 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2023
4gunners:
I got MSc offer there.

with funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2023
Yes, i had to withdraw my application from them
davehacker:
Anyone applied to Bowling green state university for fall 2023?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 4gunners(m): 1:55pm On Feb 15, 2023
Anfieldboss:

with funding?
None yet

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:23pm On Feb 15, 2023
ahmedgafar7:
student to faculty ratio in my school is actually highly 😂, but one point is that my school favors diversity
If u narrow it down to your dept/major… is it still high?
Are you financially good to pay COA out of pocket?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ramdell: 9:03pm On Feb 15, 2023
To everyone who has been contributing their time and expertise on this forum, thank you for your assistance.

I’m seeking your urgent advice on which of these schools to choose based on your experience.
I hold an HND in Accountancy, and I have received an offer of admission for a Master's program from the University of New Haven, Connecticut and Lincoln University, California. Additionally, I have been provided with an I20

Lincoln university- 20K no funding/Business administration/family fund 62k
University of New Haven-32k no funding/Accounting/family fund 32k

I am currently keeping an eye out for updates from other universities to which I have applied. However, my interview is rapidly approaching.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 9:11pm On Feb 15, 2023
ramdell:
To everyone who has been contributing their time and expertise on this forum, thank you for your assistance.

I’m seeking your urgent advice on which of these schools to choose based on your experience.
I hold an HND in Accountancy, and I have received an offer of admission for a Master's program from the University of New Haven, Connecticut and Lincoln University, California. Additionally, I have been provided with an I20

I am currently keeping an eye out for updates from other universities to which I have applied. However, my interview is rapidly approaching.

Congratulations!

Choose the cheaper option. Also ask if assistantships positions are typically available or try to ask your department for alternative sources of funding.

Best of luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2023
Come to Marshall University, I guarantee you a 100% fee waiver and TA with a $12/hr stipend.

www.marshall.edu

Reach out to the chair
bulespephilo:

Yes, I studied Mathematics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
as in eeh if mathematics department for my school get am eeh chie them go worship am.
Zihno:

First class in pure mathematics. Why you know book like this sir?🌚

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
you are in the right direction do not be discouraged
Derio253:
Dear Nairalanders,
Reading through this thread from 1-227, no one seems to have mentioned anything concerning any of the 7 institutions I applied to.
Something tells me I may be on a wrong path.
Please, advise.

St. John's University, Queens
University if Arkansas, Fayetteville
Fordham University, NY
George Washington University, DC
The Catholic University of America, DC
Duquesne University, Pittsburgh
Louisiana State University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 9:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
yes as long as your visa is still valid.
Also get a travel endorsements in your I-20 by your DSO.

shollyshine:
Pls I need an honest answer. Is it possible for someone studying in the us(masters) to travel back to Nigeria to attend some important function and also travel back without having an issues.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bwingz1991(m): 9:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
Please i got admission for masters in usa, am yet to apply for visa, the school resumes second june, please can i get an early interview date at regards to the Time frame
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2023
yes, I got rejected

Guest14:
Has anyone got PhD admission decision from Purdue University for fall 23?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2023
Look for GA in the school and start applying now that you have been admitted.
ramdell:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by shollyshine(m): 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2023
BigIyanga:

Yes..if your visa is still valid. If not, you’re going to need a valid visa to come back
Alright thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by shollyshine(m): 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2023
chibertha:
yes as long as your visa is still valid.
Also get a travel endorse in your I-20 by your DSO.

thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Echeche21: 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2023
I applied to Kansas state university, Biology department for fall 2023. Yet to get any decision from them.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Guest14(m): 10:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
Gokoyer0:
Purdue university is highly competitive bro. I wish you all the best.
Oh thank you. I applied for a PhD CS there.
No GRE, TOEFL
UG: 3.2/4
MS: 3.8/4
4 yrs work experience
Well written SOP
No publication
Any chances?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Guest14(m): 10:24pm On Feb 15, 2023
4gunners:
I got MSc offer there.
Congratulations bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheNoble007(m): 10:36pm On Feb 15, 2023
Someone I know, got full ride scholarship and assistantship worth 43,900 USD annually for 4 years provided good academic standing. Course- PhD in Physics.

I wish all hopefuls, good luck.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ojabo123: 10:38pm On Feb 15, 2023
EarlMembo7:

I also applied to university of Minnesota, let’s link up please.
Good evening house. I applied at university of minnesota but i was not giving admission. I got offer today (15th of feb) from Northeastern university, master of public policy. Pls house i am new on this US student visa platform or trend. Pls how do i download the student visa checklist and the Form 1-20 document before applying for visa interview date and other thing? Thank you. I look forward to hear from the gurus in the house. God bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheNoble007(m): 10:50pm On Feb 15, 2023
Ojabo123:
Good evening house. I applied at university of minnesota but i was not giving admission. I got offer today (15th of feb) from Northeastern university, master of public policy. Pls house i am new on this US student visa platform or trend. Pls how do i download the student visa checklist and the Form 1-20 document before applying for visa interview date and other thing? Thank you. I look forward to hear from the gurus in the house. God bless

With due respect, there are some courses that shouldn't be studied as an International student.... E get why....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 2:36am On Feb 16, 2023
I submitted my transcript and they rejected it asking me to evaluate it and most people that applied there said they didn't evaluate theirs.
resolution2020:

Why did you withdraw your admission?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 2:40am On Feb 16, 2023
Why did you say this? Can you please share your reasons
TheNoble007:

With due respect, there are some courses that shouldn't be studied as an International student.... E get why....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:52am On Feb 16, 2023
Ojabo123:
Do you have funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheNoble007(m): 4:58am On Feb 16, 2023
Sisib15:
Why did you say this? Can you please share your reasons

The end goal of doing an advanced degree, is to get returns.. Some courses in the US are just useless, money making mills to cough out money from international students... Even the natives, shy away from such courses because they add no monetary value later on.

FYI, STEM courses are the best.. If you're not in STEM, then try to do a MS. program that can be linked to STEM somehow. This increases your chances of funding as well as OPT extension after graduation, Green card (EB1-A &EB2-NIW) filing and many more.

Peace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ojabo123: 5:13am On Feb 16, 2023
BigIyanga:

Do you have funding?
No. Self sponsored.

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: missidy, castANDbind and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.