Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,537 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (680990 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:35am On Feb 16, 2023
TheNoble007:

The end goal of doing an advanced degree, is to get returns.. Some courses in the US are just useless, money making mills to cough out money from international students... Even the natives, shy away from such courses because they add no monetary value later on.

FYI, STEM courses are the best.. If you're not in STEM, then try to do a MS. program that can be linked to STEM somehow. This increases your chances of funding as well as OPT extension after graduation, Green card (EB1-A &EB2-NIW) filing and many more.

Peace.

Yes 100% on point unless your parents are paying for it and you’re going back to Naija to head their company once you’re done

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gokoyer0(m): 6:12am On Feb 16, 2023
I think you stand a chance. All the best to us all.
Guest14:

Oh thank you. I applied for a PhD CS there.
No GRE, TOEFL
UG: 3.2/4
MS: 3.8/4
4 yrs work experience

Well written SOP
No publication
Any chances?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 6:12am On Feb 16, 2023
To tell you that they are after application fee, nothing else
resolution2020:

I had the same issue. I submitted my application there but I was surprised to got a rejection letter from them barely 24 hours that I submitted the application..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 6:19am On Feb 16, 2023
BigIyanga:

If they dont, why do they require your social media handle during application?

That portion of the DS160 is optional I guess. And that’s not used pre-interview. Most times the VO even opens your online profile while being interviewed.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 6:21am On Feb 16, 2023
shollyshine:
Pls I need an honest answer. Is it possible for someone studying in the us(masters) to travel back to Nigeria to attend some important function and also travel back without having an issues.

For sure, with a valid visa you can. Update your i20 too to show you’ve actually resumed at the school. International office of your school can do that for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bulespephilo(m): 7:53am On Feb 16, 2023
chibertha:

Come to Marshall University, I guarantee you a 100% fee waiver and TA with a $12/hr stipend.

www.marshall.edu

Reach out to the chair
Thank you but I already secured funding in 2 universities.
Na money to take japa I dey hustle now like this.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by queency1(f): 8:07am On Feb 16, 2023
Good morning guys, has anyone received admission offers from West Virginia University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 9:14am On Feb 16, 2023
Rejected
queency1:
Good morning guys, has anyone received admission offers from West Virginia University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 10:50am On Feb 16, 2023
Good morning everyone, I have a 4k deficit and I want to use a sponsor, so my question is
Assuming I use account statement to collect my i20 this month , please do i need to reprint it again in August or June to take to the embassy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayorxyneyo: 11:08am On Feb 16, 2023
resolution2020:

Yes. I did

I also did, about 2 months ago
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 12:25pm On Feb 16, 2023
bulespephilo:

Do you have your visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:32pm On Feb 16, 2023
100% correct
You see people doing another masters in STEM.

Health infomatics is one course that brings none STEM into STEM.

TheNoble007:

The end goal of doing an advanced degree, is to get returns.. Some courses in the US are just useless, money making mills to cough out money from international students... Even the natives, shy away from such courses because they add no monetary value later on.

FYI, STEM courses are the best.. If you're not in STEM, then try to do a MS. program that can be linked to STEM somehow. This increases your chances of funding as well as OPT extension after graduation, Green card (EB1-A &EB2-NIW) filing and many more.

Peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bulespephilo(m): 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2023
BigIyanga:

Do you have your visa?
No. Not yet.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:42pm On Feb 16, 2023
bulespephilo:

No. Not yet.
Gotten an interview date? Starting Fall 2023?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungWizard007: 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2023
Pls is there any other means to pay for app fee apart from using chipper cash ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by queency1(f): 2:00pm On Feb 16, 2023
Sisib15:
Rejected
I'm sorry. Can I send you a private message?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Successmock: 2:13pm On Feb 16, 2023
bulespephilo:

What are those schools?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
Please do
queency1:

I'm sorry. Can I send you a private message?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Donbigi2(m): 4:31pm On Feb 16, 2023
chibertha:

Come to Marshall University, I guarantee you a 100% fee waiver and TA with a $12/hr stipend.

www.marshall.edu

Reach out to the chair
How about someone with 3.1/4 computer science.
GTA possible?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2023
nothing yet for me from WVU
queency1:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
No because it is less than six months
Sisib15:
Good morning everyone, I have a 4k deficit and I want to use a sponsor, so my question is
Assuming I use account statement to collect my i20 this month , please do i need to reprint it again in August or June to take to the embassy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
Congratulations you PR is sure las las.

bulespephilo:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
possible ask the Graduate coordinator and chair
Donbigi2:

How about someone with 3.1/4 computer science.
GTA possible?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:57pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ojabo123:
No. Self sponsored.
What’s the plan after MS?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungWizard007: 6:09pm On Feb 16, 2023
bulespephilo:

Congratulations to you and happy birthday 🎂

Make God do my own too, Amen
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 6:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
Thank you
chibertha:
No because it less than six months
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bucade11: 10:37pm On Feb 16, 2023
Guest14:
Has anyone got PhD admission decision from Purdue University for fall 23?
were you invited for the interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bucade11: 11:11pm On Feb 16, 2023
chibertha:
yes, I got rejected

Did you receive interview requests before the admission was denied?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:26am On Feb 17, 2023
No I attended an open day where I met lecturers and we had a mini interview so to say.Anyway e concern them. I will face other schools and other activities for now.
I no blame them na my school wet no get PhD for my course I blame.

bucade11:
Did you receive interview requests before the admission was denied?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Schrodinger2(m): 5:28am On Feb 17, 2023
queency1:
The rate at which you guys are shooting for WVU is alarming. It makes it more competitive, but best of luck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Schrodinger2(m): 5:37am On Feb 17, 2023
chibertha:
No I attended an open day where I met lecturers and we had a mini interview so to say.Anyway e concern them. I will face other schools and other activities for now.
I no blame them na my school wet no get PhD for my course I blame.

You applied my school?
You better go for OPT to get industrial experience, after which (or halfway) you go for PhD.

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (531) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: Karito and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.