Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (684872 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (533) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ARAGON22(m): 12:05am On Mar 12, 2023
BigIyanga:

Show your visa and your I-20

I don't have sir please I'm only looking for help please 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 12:51am On Mar 12, 2023
ARAGON22:

I don't have sir please I'm only looking for help please 🙏
Ok Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by vickysunmomi(f): 3:23am On Mar 12, 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:23am On Mar 12, 2023
Davegabriel:
Hello Everyone, I need to be clearified on something. I went for my first Visa interview with funding of $20k and deficit of $50k (private university) but the interview wasn't successful. I recently got accepted into a state university in US with funding of $15k and deficit of $33,500. Please should I continue with the private school or should I change to a different school. I don't know if it will complicate things for me.
Some state unis are waay better and cheaper than private unis. Go for a cheaper option. Tell VO that Naija job market doesnt care if u graduate from Harvard Business School @ $100k/yr vs State uni @$20k/yr

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheNoble007(m): 5:46am On Mar 12, 2023
Izanghi:
hello everyone,
I got a fully funded PhD offer from University of South Florida and University of Cincinnati.
What do you think about the schools? Are they of good repute (I mean respected), as I am also thinking of after job opportunities too from the school I plan to study.

Please I need advise here.

Your monicker looks berom. Are you from the Plateau state?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Izanghi(m): 10:09am On Mar 12, 2023
TheNoble007:

Your monicker looks berom. Are you from the Plateau state?
No, Lol, Izanghi was my childhood best striker, still is to me. Those who watch Italian football will know him.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Winner0718(m): 10:35am On Mar 12, 2023
Izanghi:

No, Lol, Izanghi was my childhood best striker, still is to me. Those who watch Italian football will know him.

Fi le! Set awon striker nla Filipo Inzaghi, senior player!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Goldenman2023: 10:59am On Mar 12, 2023
infosoftlife:

It depends on how you can take advantage of your highlights and use it to gain an edge in your application. Are you self-sponsored or using a sponsor? The answer to this might work against you because the VO might see it as a financial burden on your sponsor but if you can convince them why you need the Master you are fine.

But work on why you went for your first Master and try to defend its relationship or why you NEED the second Master. Did you use the first Master's to work and what was the outcome is something you have to answer and try to add to your drive for this second Master's degree?!

If you can convince yourself beyond any reasonable doubt, you will be able to scale through your interview.

They might even see it as you have the juice and a bona fide student.

Thank you so much for your advice.

Please I want to ask how I should write my names while applying on the US VISA portal, to secure an interview date.

What does Firstname and Lastname mean?

I saw an ERROR message. They kept requesting that I feel it the way it is written in my passport. What do I do?

Meanwhile can I use a different email address than the one I used in filling for DS 160? It was rejected
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by vickysunmomi(f): 11:18am On Mar 12, 2023
Goldenman2023:

Please I want to ask how I should write my names while applying on the US VISA portal, to secure an interview date.

I saw an ERROR message. They kept requesting that I feel it the way it is written in my passport. What do I do?

Meanwhile can I use a different email address than the one I used in filling for DS 160? It was rejected

Your last name is your Surname and first name is the first on your birth certificate.
I don't want to say the one you're using cos most use their middle name
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Goldenman2023: 11:39am On Mar 12, 2023
BigIyanga:

Are you fully funded?
Why are you going with your husband and 2 kids as dependents?
How much is your cost of attendance?
What home ties do you have in Naija since everyone in your family is traveling?
What’s your banking statement/investment looking like in Naija?

Please can I print the DS 160, I-20 FORM and SIVES FORM in black and white copy, or it has to be in coloured? Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmybobo1: 11:43am On Mar 12, 2023
Account got freezed for 72 hours. And I only searched for slot two times. Nawao
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HaleemahYinusa(f): 11:47am On Mar 12, 2023
emmybobo1:
Account got freezed for 72 hours. And I only searched for slot two times. Nawao

About how many times do you check per day?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmybobo1: 11:47am On Mar 12, 2023
Goldenman2023:

Your last name is your surname and your first name is your given names (middle name inclusive if the case)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmybobo1: 11:50am On Mar 12, 2023
HaleemahYinusa:

About how many times do you check per day?
I have just checked two times. And I think the max is 4
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HaleemahYinusa(f): 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2023
emmybobo1:

I have just checked two times. And I think the max is 4

Do you max out the maximum amount of times everyday?
I don't think it is 4.... yesterday I checked more than 4 times.
Are you for Fall 2023?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmybobo1: 12:05pm On Mar 12, 2023
HaleemahYinusa:

Do you max out the maximum amount of times everyday?
I don't think it is 4.... yesterday I checked more than 4 times.
Are you for Fall 2023?
I have never exhausted my checking slot.

Yes I am for fall 23 PhD

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HaleemahYinusa(f): 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2023
I just saw available interview dates for March 20....

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
Goldenman2023:

I believe someone has answered you on how to fill in your names. FYI: The last name is your surname.
If you are having issues creating an account on cgifederal, it seems you already have an account to your name. You can mail the embassy support team if the error keeps popping up to help you create one.

support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
Attach the error message and ask them to help you create an account.

SHALLOM!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 4:16pm On Mar 12, 2023
If I use my job as a home ties, is it necessary I go with my work ID?

Your opinion please. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TechieNg(f): 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
March 31 and April 24 dates are currently available for Lagos

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2023
damkanlinsin:

Thank you so much sir. Please can I contact you while doing the process for my wife myself. Incase I need some guid. Can you kindly share me your WhatsApp or email number sir. I will really appreciate it.
Just ask for help here whenever you encounter a problem. Others might chime in. 2 good heads are better than one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Natashaxari: 6:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
My transcript
25th of January 2023
Abuja
first attempt
University of Baltimore; COA 42,000
Sponsor:Uncle
Visa officer; I see you’re going to university of Baltimore
Me: I’ll be going to university of Baltimore Maryland to pursue my masters in business administration with concentration in marketing
Visa officer; what will you be doing upon completion of this course?
Me; The company where I work will be expanding to Other Sub Saharan Africa countries like Gambia ,Ivory Coast and Senegal and upon completion of this course I’ll be back to take up the role of our senior Marketing manager and will be using the knowledge gained from this course to improve our branding and marketing strategies and also increase our stability and profitability index into those countries. In the long run I’ll be setting up my business to business consulting firm where I will be helping small business owners increase your profits and also improve talents with the knowledge of gained
Visa officer; I see your uncle is your employer and also your sponsor
Me; (At this point I lost stability and I forgot what to say) I just said yes my uncle is my sponsor of the few minutes I remembered I was supposed to sell my sponsor but it was too late as she already brought out my rejection letter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Natashaxari: 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2023
1.Now that I have a July date is it advisable I change my sponsor or my employer
2.I have gotten another school with a lower COA (31,000)will this affect my application?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungWizard007: 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2023
Nennygift:
Good morning all
Please is there any fall 2023 visa group, i will like to join.
Got admitted to Marshall University Masters btw God Did it. Nennygift@gmail.com.

Whaoo congratulations
I'm still expecting good news from them, I know God will do it for me too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Slimcanada001: 8:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
Hi Guys,

My sister got a fully funded PhD in Physics with GA from Renssellaer Polytechnic institute.

She also has her i-20 , estimated cost for 9 months is about 84k while the funding has 86k+ under assistantship.

Do we still need to.provide proof of funds?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmybobo1: 9:54pm On Mar 12, 2023
Slimcanada001:
Hi Guys,

My sister got a fully funded PhD in Physics with GA from Renssellaer Polytechnic institute.

She also has her i-20 , estimated cost for 9 months is about 84k while the funding has 86k+ under assistantship.

Nawao, why would you need proof of fund when the Funding is more than the COA. You should know this as potential phd scholar
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungWizard007: 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2023
Slimcanada001:
Hi Guys,

No, you don't need to

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (533) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Liamsys, Soonami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.