Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (684682 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (533) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EarlMembo7(m): 1:07am On Mar 13, 2023
Please House, I have someone who wants to get into University in America, she’s already done with Basic in Medicine here in Nigeria, so we going through the “transfer student” route we’ve already found a school but I don’t know how to go about the whole processing stuff, please anybody here that can guide us through it, I’d really appreciate…thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by petertunde(m): 3:39am On Mar 13, 2023
Please gurus in the house, can father and son apply for F1 visa in the same year like Fall 2023 in different schools?

Also, is having a relative in the US poses problem like visa denial?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:14am On Mar 13, 2023
Slimcanada001:
Hi Guys,

My sister got a fully funded PhD in Physics with GA from Renssellaer Polytechnic institute.

She also has her i-20 , estimated cost for 9 months is about 84k while the funding has 86k+ under assistantship.

Do we still need to.provide proof of funds?

So who God don make head bouncer for VIP still dey look for VIP ticket You have more than what you asked for. Pack your things and japa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LawyerBB: 8:52am On Mar 13, 2023
Good morning everyone, please have the US embassy Lagos release a 2023 date this year?
Secondly how many times can one reschedule date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HaleemahYinusa(f): 9:48am On Mar 13, 2023
LawyerBB:
Good morning everyone, please have the US embassy Lagos release a 2023 date this year?
Secondly how many times can one reschedule date?

Yes there are 2023 dates, you just have to keep checking. I was able to schedule my interview for 31st of this month yesterday and I still saw Aprip date this morning. There are dates for October,November,December too sef. I think you can only reschedule a maximum of two times.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mateska2000: 11:47am On Mar 13, 2023
Good afternoon, please I need a very quick advice.
I was admitted to the Claremont graduate University at the beginning of spring semester but due to the institution place to adjust the program to 3 semester, it was defered to August 2023 fall semester resumption.
The total tuition is $37,900
Scholarship is $18,000
Trustee scholarship is $5000 yearly.
I have my personal funds in my account to the tune of $55,000 in addition to the scholarship of $18,000.

Please should I go on and accept the offer, send my affidavit of financial support to the school to receive my I-20 form for the visa application.
The total cost of attendance and the minimum amount is $63,0000 cost of attendance including dependents and I already have$73,000.

Can I proceed with my dependents, wife and 2 kids or I should go first and should I include my dependents in the affidavit for the I-20 form or I should go first??

Please kindly assist my classes begins in August.
Please your Advice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mateska2000: 11:49am On Mar 13, 2023
Good day, please I need a very quick advice.
I was admitted to the Claremont graduate University at the beginning of spring semester but due to the institution place to adjust the program to 3 semester, it was defered to August 2023 fall semester resumption.
The total tuition is $37,900
Scholarship is $18,000
Trustee scholarship is $5000 yearly.
I have my personal funds in my account to the tune of $55,000 in addition to the scholarship of $18,000.

Please should I go on and accept the offer, send my affidavit of financial support to the school to receive my I-20 form for the visa application.
The total cost of attendance and the minimum amount is $63,0000 cost of attendance including dependents and I already have$73,000.

Can I proceed with my dependents, wife and 2 kids or I should go first and should I include my dependents in the affidavit for the I-20 form or I should go first??

Please kindly assist my classes begins in August
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by grasoso: 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2023
Good afternoon.

I got an offer to study in the USA. I got funding which covers my full tuition and monthly stipend but the school still requires I show a minimum of $9,089 before I can be issued the I-20.

Can I have a sponsor who is not related to me to provide the proof of funds? Will this be a red flag during visa interview?

If yes, what should be the content of a sponsorship letter if the sponsor insist I write the letter myself?

Also, how can I schedule an interview date before I get my I-20 and submit my DS-160 form?

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chingbo: 3:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
Slimcanada001:
Hi Guys,

My sister got a fully funded PhD in Physics with GA from Renssellaer Polytechnic institute.

She also has her i-20 , estimated cost for 9 months is about 84k while the funding has 86k+ under assistantship.

Congratulations to her. Please what is her profile like?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmybobo1: 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
Please anybody going to New York this fall should connect with me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kilankoazeez: 5:37pm On Mar 13, 2023
Visa Schedule and preparation group please Anyone, kindly DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by nicestlady: 6:17pm On Mar 13, 2023
Please I need advice on what program to choose. Computer Science,Fisk University, Nashville Tennessee. Or Electrical/Computer Engineering Trevecca Nazarene University, Nashville Tennessee. My cost for both schools is the same.

Please feel free to chip in all your opinions. Course you feel is more lucrative/marketable. Or any info about the schools/ Ease in getting on campus employment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Slimcanada001: 7:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
Thank you

B.Sc in Physics First Class
MSc in Physics First Class
Toefl
GRE

She has 3 offers. But settled to go with RPI

Chingbo:

Congratulations to her. Please what is her profile like?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TenaciousOrphan: 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2023
Hello House, I currently have 4 PhD admissions with funding, but 2 are more funded because they each came with a stipend and fellowship. However I am still waiting for 5 admissions. But because of the harsh winter in Nebraska, I am hoping to get any school in the south but they are delaying, no responseat all. Should I accept the University of Nebraska Lincoln (Sociology) since is the best funded and best ranked for now because of the scarcity of visa interview date and because time is also running out?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Goldenman2023: 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2023
infosoftlife:

I believe someone has answered you on how to fill in your names. FYI: The last name is your surname.
If you are having issues creating an account on cgifederal, it seems you already have an account to your name. You can mail the embassy support team if the error keeps popping up to help you create one.

support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
Attach the error message and ask them to help you create an account.

SHALLOM!!!

Remain blessed! Thank you
I have been answered.

Please, I have created a profile and has also selected a date for Embassy interview.

However, the date of my expected resumption is in 2nd week of May 2023, while the earliest available date for Embassy interview is on 6th of November 2023.

I was advised by a friend to seek for expedited interview application. Please how do I access the form/link? Do I need to download the form from any of the Embassy site or speak to them to get it?
I wanted to know the next path to take to get an interview date late March or Early April 2023 considering the school's resumption date.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kilankoazeez: 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2023
TenaciousOrphan:
Hello House, I currently have 4 PhD admissions with funding, but 2 are more funded because they each came with a stipend and fellowship. However I am still waiting for 5 admissions. But because of the harsh winter in Nebraska, I am hoping to get any school in the south but they are delaying, no responseat all. Should I accept the University of Nebraska Lincoln (Sociology) since is the best funded and best ranked for now because of the scarcity of visa interview date and because time is also running out?

Congratulations on your admissions. Sociology? That's good, I also got into a PhD program in sociology funded as well, mind if we could connect?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TenaciousOrphan: 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2023
kilankoazeez:

Congratulations on your admissions. Sociology? That's good, I also got into a PhD program in sociology funded as well, mind if we could connect?
(Which School?)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Goldenman2023: 9:04pm On Mar 13, 2023
vickysunmomi:

Your last name is your Surname and first name is the first on your birth certificate.
I don't want to say the one you're using cos most use their middle name

Thank you! I appreciate

Please, I have created a profile and has also selected a date for Embassy interview.

However, the date of my expected resumption is in 2nd week of May 2023, while the earliest available date for Embassy interview is on 6th of November 2023.

I was advised by a friend to seek for expedited interview application. Please how do I access the form/link? Do I need to download the form from any of the Embassy site or speak to them to get it?
I wanted to know the next path to take to get an interview date late March or Early April 2023 considering the school's resumption date.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kilankoazeez: 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2023
TenaciousOrphan:

(Which School?)
West Virginia University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmybobo1: 9:38pm On Mar 13, 2023
Goldenman2023:

I have been answered.

Thank you.
But early dates are coming out. Just these weekend there’s 31 march.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmybobo1: 9:38pm On Mar 13, 2023
Goldenman2023:

I have been answered.

Thank you.
But early dates are coming out. Just these weekend there’s 31 march
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheNoble007(m): 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2023
Slimcanada001:
Hi Guys,

Why is estimated cost up to 84k. RPI is sick oo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2023
Goldenman2023:

I have been answered.

Thank you.

If you have paid your SEVIS fee from cgifederal portal, you can apply for Emergency Request.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Goldenman2023: 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2023
emmybobo1:

But early dates are coming out. Just these weekend there’s 31 march

Please guide me on how to get an early date. What do I do next please?

Is it within 60 days or before it is 60 days?

Example, if my resumption date is 8th May 2023, and today is already 13th May 2023. This means that I have less than 60 days to my resumption (56 days precisely).

Can I still apply for expedited visa interview? Thank you.

Thank you and remain blessed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmybobo1: 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
Goldenman2023:

Please guide me on how to get an early date. What do I do next please?

Is it within 60 days or before it is 60 days?

Example, if my resumption date is 8th May 2023, and today is already 13th May 2023. This means that I have less than 60 days to my resumption (56 days precisely).

Can I still apply for expedited visa interview? Thank you.

Thank you and remain blessed
I actually don’t understand you. Is it that you have scheduled for interview already or that you are yet to do so. Because I don’t understand this express visa application you are talking about. By the way why didn’t you book for 24 April that was available this morning ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (533) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.