Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (686619 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keyin: 8:02am On Apr 19, 2023
Please someone should add me in Abuja date search and mock interview WhatsApp groups;08065368082

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:03am On Apr 19, 2023
You did not sell yourself and your uncle well. And you have assistantship. What is your deficit if I may ask
bestace:
Interview transcript.
Lagos
April 18 2022
Denied
Lousiana Tech University
COA: 21,000 $
Assistantship: 3000 $

VO: pass me your documents.
Me: Good morning ma, this is it ma
VO: looked at the documents and asked how do you intend to pay for your studies?
Me: I have been working since 2019 and I have saved up for my studies and also my Uncle will be supporting me and at the same time I got an assistantship from the school.
VO: nods and keeps typing, then she said have you traveled out of the country before?
Me: No
VO: types and said sorry you do not qualify for a visa and passed me the blue slip.

Please, how fast can I get another date for the interview after being denied.

At what point do you give back to the platform and share your interview transcript?!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:04am On Apr 19, 2023
She should join date search groups so as to start searching for dates, join mock group
ValentinaBless:
I am sorry in advance because my question may appear stupid.
Anyway, my younger sister applied for BSc political science in the US. She has been offered admission. The tuition fees appears reasonable so I've accepted to sponsor her. Her resumption date is this August. House, can she meet up, please?

What are the next step for her. We have no idea of how to go about it or if she will even get interview date before August.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:05am On Apr 19, 2023
No, just buy a new mrv, update you profile on cgi and pick regular so you can be able to see dates, then on your ds160 you can state the reason for denial
Davegabriel:
Greetings all,
Please is it necessary for me to write to the embassy due to change of school after a denial? Before I reapply for my Visa

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:06am On Apr 19, 2023
As soon as possible. Buy new mrv and refire
bestace:
Good evening house. I want to ask a question. How fast is it possible to get a new date after been denied Visa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:11am On Apr 19, 2023
#copied#

Transcript
F1&2F2
Visa approved ✅
Course: French and francophone studies
School: UIC
COA: $61k
Funding: $51k
Family: $10k
18/04/2023

After a long queue outside we finally was able to enter the building for documents checking.
Fortunately for us , we were given preference cuz of our 3 month old baby so everything happened so fast.
The interview proper:

Window(I can’t remember the number)
White lady

V.O: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Pass me your documents
Me: Here they are
VO: Who is the applicant?
Me: I ma’am
VO: Okay, how old are you?
Me: xyz ma’am
VO: Why are you not going to French country to study French?
Me: I choose US because of Prof Ireland research work that has my interest. Also while doing my research, I found out that US has top rated universities and there’s also opportunities of funding… cut in
VO: what did you study during your high level degree?
Me: I studied French at the university of Lagos where I graduated with a first class and as the best student in my department.
VO: Ok, when did you graduate?
Me: I graduated in 2020 and went for my Compulsory youth service at the Nigeria French language village where I was retained as an assistant lecturer.
VO: Assistant lecturer…I quickly continued
Yes and I teach French to both diploma and modules classes, I’m also in charge of organising debate, quiz, symposium to facilitate the learning of the language. VO cut in..
How did you get your funding?
Me: after submitting a strong application, I did 2 interview with the school admission and my…VO cut in..
What are the questions asked during the interview?
Me ( was already shocked😳 Shey this woman they wine me ni?
Me: i was asked about what I was going to contribute to the department if given a GA ( I no no where that came from)
VO: okay, so what did you say?
Me: Haaa ( in my mind) I answered, with Prof research on Emancipation de la femme dans la literature africaine, that’s emancipation of women into African literature, I will be able to carry out……….I went blank😟
VO: okay, continue I’m typing it (at this point I didn’t know what to say so I started talking in the nonsense. The only thing I remember is I said opportunity 🥲) I started panicking that I have messed up oo
VO: So you said you got your funding by contacting your people?
Me: No ooo (my people bawo) after submitting my application , I made further research to see if they need a GA, then I applied for it which I was later given.
VO: So are u saying you don’t have any family in the US?
Me: yes Ma. I dont
VO: I see you have some deficits on your family funding, who will be covering that?
Me: I didn’t hear that the first time, so I had to ask her to repeat herself.
So I said my lovely husband here will be covering my deficits.
VO to F2: what do you do?
F2: I work as blah blah… with annual income of 18-20M.
VO to F1: okay, For how long have you been speaking French?
Me: 4 years, and I also have a diploma in French.
VO: okay what are your plans after studies.
Me: upon successful completion of my program, I will returning to my home country to take a position a lecturer and I will continue impacting knowledge to younger scholars.
VO typing for a while when I was busy praying praying praying
VO: everything looks good and she stretched her hand to the white paper (Omoh!!!) I collected it and I didn’t hear anything again
I just said thank you ma’am.

The moment i stepped out I found myself on the floor crying and thanking God🙂😄😄🥲
My husband was like stand up and let’s go o

Special thanks to @⁨~Dr Jegz⁩ @⁨~Lumeedee | Mide | Mide |⁩ @⁨~kaka⁩ , Tayoure, Moshkom, @⁨Alaba Mock ⁩, @⁨~Vik⁩, @⁨Teeteelawlah(Titilola) F2 Admin⁩, Sirdon, and many more for your help. God will replenish you all abundantly 🙏
Take away home: Please and please pray, pray and pray, then attend to mock session. This interview thing is just Grace of God.
Thank you all
@Ladyzee 🤗

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VictorMessi1: 8:57am On Apr 19, 2023
bestace:
Interview transcript.
Lagos
April 18 2022
Denied
Lousiana Tech University

VO: looked at the documents and asked how do you intend to pay for your studies?
Me: I have been working since 2019 and I have saved up for my studies and also my Uncle will be supporting me and at the same time I got an assistantship from the school.
VO: nods and keeps typing, then she said have you traveled out of the country before?
VO: types and said sorry you do not qualify for a visa and passed me the blue slip.

At what point do you give back to the platform and share your interview transcript?!
The reason for the denial is this: you didn't give appropriate answer concerning your income. You were not detailed as to how much you earn and how much your uncle has
You can reapply soon because generally no rule on how soon you can soon you can reapply.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2023

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 9:42am On Apr 19, 2023
bestace:
Interview transcript.
Lagos
April 18 2022
Denied
Lousiana Tech University

BS or MS program?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 9:47am On Apr 19, 2023
VictorMessi1:
The reason for the denial is this: you didn't give appropriate answer concerning your income. You were not detailed as to how much you earn and how much your uncle has
You can reapply soon because generally no rule on how soon you can soon you can reapply.
Yep 100%
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by luvlyoracle(m): 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2023
Temiza:
I have been following this threads for a while but I'm stilll having problems applying to the right schools ( that do not require appilication free or unofficial transcripts) . The whole process is starting to feel impossible and it'sreally bothering me . Please is there any group I can join or anything that I can do to help me.
Hello Greetings of the day.

Whats the update on this ?
I would appreciate an update on this as am in the same schoes as you now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by luvlyoracle(m): 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2023
All these admissions y'all are getting, you pay admission fees of 75$ for all embarassed

I really need someone to put me through.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ibks100(m): 2:56pm On Apr 19, 2023
People awaiting visa interview date approval, how do we proceed? Cos, this is tiring

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by edimolu(m): 3:24pm On Apr 19, 2023
Brunonwanne:
Not Mine

Visa Status - Approved
Location - Lagos
Date - 17/4/2023.

My US Visa Journey

First I want to thank God almighty, for without him this wouldn't be possible. I also want to thank the various mock interviewers, Ayomide and team, Master P and Kwame, you guys are the best.

After filling my first ds160 without knowing much, u submitted and proceeded to CGI and chose Abuja, cos everyone said Abuja gives visa more than Lagos.
But there were no dates. My first date selection was in October and my Resumption Is in August. I didn't sleep most night looking for an earlier date.

Reached out to some agents for dates, some said 200k, another 150k etc.

Then dates became available in Lagos. I decide to cancel. Then the story of Lagos rejection rate started flying ard. I became scared and worried.

But I decided to trust God.

My interview ( The first lady, can't remember her window)

Me - Good morning Ma, I passed my documents before she asked.

VO - Good morning

VO- I see you're going for a PhD, what do you do?

Me - I am a lecturer at xyz, I teach 200 and 300 level students of xyz. I have worked for over 4 years and earn xyz anually.

VO - Why health Communication

Me - I chose Health communication because I want to become a Prof of Health communication, as well as because of the prevailing health issues in Nigeria like Lazza Fever. In 2022 Nigeria recorded over 172 deaths linked to Lazza Fever ( at this point she was nodding), and the state where I reside is among the states affected. This program will give me the necessary knowledge and research skills that I can apply to help fight several prevailing health and environmental issues in Nigeria.

VO- How many schools did you apply

Me - Three, University of xyz, university of xyz and Ohio University. I was accepted in two and on the waiting list of the 3rd. I choose Ohio University because Health communication in Ohio is broad in it's orientation and allows students to address topics ranging from narrative approaches to understanding health to Health message effects.

VO- are you married

Me - Yes

VO - what does your husband do

Me - My husband is a developer and he does ......

I saw her drop my passport inside the box and I knew my white paper was coming.

She brought out the white paper and my i20 and told me my passport will be ready in .... Days, pointed at my i20 to show my resumption date and I can't travel before then etc. Didn't hear other thanks.

P.S. - Please attend Mock interviews, they are very important and will prepare you for any question being asked. Dress comfortably, cos you will stand through out the process. Some pp wore slippers and tank tops and we're accepted. Be confident and audible. Finally Pray, God will guide you to the right VO.

P.S the bald man was at Immigrant section today 😁😁😁😁
Congratulations, pls Is there a legit mock interview you can recommend
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Poshebony14: 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2023
Sisib15:
#copied#

Transcript
F1&2F2
Visa approved ✅
18/04/2023

After a long queue outside we finally was able to enter the building for documents checking.
Fortunately for us , we were given preference cuz of our 3 month old baby so everything happened so fast.
The interview proper:

White lady

Me: I choose US because of Prof Ireland research work that has my interest. Also while doing my research, I found out that US has top rated universities and there’s also opportunities of funding… cut in
Me: I studied French at the university of Lagos where I graduated with a first class and as the best student in my department.
Me: I graduated in 2020 and went for my Compulsory youth service at the Nigeria French language village where I was retained as an assistant lecturer.
Yes and I teach French to both diploma and modules classes, I’m also in charge of organising debate, quiz, symposium to facilitate the learning of the language. VO cut in..
Me: after submitting a strong application, I did 2 interview with the school admission and my…VO cut in..
Me: i was asked about what I was going to contribute to the department if given a GA ( I no no where that came from)
Me: Haaa ( in my mind) I answered, with Prof research on Emancipation de la femme dans la literature africaine, that’s emancipation of women into African literature, I will be able to carry out……….I went blank😟
VO: okay, continue I’m typing it (at this point I didn’t know what to say so I started talking in the nonsense. The only thing I remember is I said opportunity 🥲) I started panicking that I have messed up oo
Me: No ooo (my people bawo) after submitting my application , I made further research to see if they need a GA, then I applied for it which I was later given.
VO: I see you have some deficits on your family funding, who will be covering that?
Me: upon successful completion of my program, I will returning to my home country to take a position a lecturer and I will continue impacting knowledge to younger scholars.
VO: everything looks good and she stretched her hand to the white paper (Omoh!!!) I collected it and I didn’t hear anything again

The moment i stepped out I found myself on the floor crying and thanking God🙂😄😄🥲

Special thanks to @⁨~Dr Jegz⁩ @⁨~Lumeedee | Mide | Mide |⁩ @⁨~kaka⁩ , Tayoure, Moshkom, @⁨Alaba Mock ⁩, @⁨~Vik⁩, @⁨Teeteelawlah(Titilola) F2 Admin⁩, Sirdon, and many more for your help. God will replenish you all abundantly 🙏
Take away home: Please and please pray, pray and pray, then attend to mock session. This interview thing is just Grace of God.
Thank you all
@Ladyzee 🤗
Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2023
luvlyoracle:
Hello Greetings of the day.

Whats the update on this ?
I would appreciate an update on this as am in the same schoes as you now.

Yes but some offer app fee waiver.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by luvlyoracle(m): 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
Olawrites:

Yes but some offer app fee waiver.
How can i get those waivers?
Can i start the application process now and leave for fall session if funds isnt an issue?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bmuhd4smile: 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2023
Sisib15:
#copied#

Transcript
F1&2F2
Visa approved ✅
18/04/2023

The interview proper:

White lady

Thank you all
@Ladyzee 🤗

Your husband will be specially proud of you in that monent

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anfieldboss: 9:38pm On Apr 19, 2023
Sisib15:
@anifeld boss. Here is a link to the video

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 10:05pm On Apr 19, 2023
1. Get a police report
2. Cancel your appointment
3. Contact US embassy when you get your new passport to change your passport details on your profile be sure upload copy of biodata page of both the new and missing passports, and police report.
4. Get a new interview date

Jayboyyemi2023:
Hi Gurus, please urgent help needed.

Applied for f1 visa, interview next week but my intl passport got missing.

Not sure what step to take next.

Do I reschedule my interview appointment and get a new passport? Also if I do, how do I reconcile the new passport that I’d get. Would it be an issue.

Please I need a comprehensive support/answer urgently. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sam619: 10:30pm On Apr 19, 2023
Good day everyone, i am an
undergraduate,will be going for my visa interview soon, I need your help with some interview questions. What is the right answer to.
1. Have you been admitted into any SCH in Nigeria.
2. My sponsor is a pastor, buh I don't feel it good to say he's a pastor as his occupation.
Will be waiting for your swift reply, thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NaMe4C: 12:41am On Apr 20, 2023
Hello.
Please, someone should kindly add me to the mock interview WhatsApp group. 09092249166
Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keyin: 5:36am On Apr 20, 2023
Need help ooo. Someone should add me up!

Keyin:
Please someone should add me in Abuja date search and mock interview WhatsApp groups;08065368082
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lyon49m: 7:07am On Apr 20, 2023
Hello.
Please, someone should kindly add me to the mock interview WhatsApp group. 07037806862
Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Iret1: 8:11am On Apr 20, 2023
farggie:
It is better you travel together with your spouse. Just ensure you have the relevant information, prepare well and commit it in God’s hands. Then consult those who have followed that route successfully. I followed that route and i am currently in US. Experience is the best teacher.
Pls I’m new here, I’m applying as F2. Pls I would need your guidance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gokoyer0(m): 8:28am On Apr 20, 2023
Have you heard from LSU bro?
My people, do we still have anyone expecting his/her decision?
April 15 has elasped ofcourse!
I have not received decisions from LSU and UNL. I even sent them a supporting documents yesterday(19.4), they didn't reply.
Anfieldboss:

What's your discipline? I have an admit from LSU, waiting for funding.

Seems we applied to similar schools because I can recall you also applied to KSU.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HighPriest0(m): 8:29am On Apr 20, 2023
Guys.. My friend just got a fully funded MSc program in florida.

Would the scholarship make his visa approval 90 percent sure??

Because he's still struggling to raise money for sevice fee and visa fee and I'm looking to help him.

Those who got fully sponsorship.. What's your experience??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NightCyrax: 8:33am On Apr 20, 2023
bestace:
Interview transcript.
Lagos
April 18 2022
Denied
Lousiana Tech University

You've been working since 2019? That's somewhat irrelevant as they can easily get that on your ds-160. You left the koko out and stuck with the minute details. How much have you saved? What do you currently do to have such huge funds saved? What does your uncle do and how much does he earn? Those are the strong feet you should've put forward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ebsuguy(m): 9:30am On Apr 20, 2023
I paid the visa fee through the GTB mobile app and got the receipt. Please, how do i locate the receipt number?

I have a reference number in the receipt. not sure if this is it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (534) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: uchee(f), cliqtips, horcart, Blackfinegirl(f), Klebsiella and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.