Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (681600 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Funnyman: 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2023
Please who has sent transcript from WES to a US school before, how long did it take for your transcript to arrive the US school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
Yesterday was somehow at the Lagos Embassy.They said most of the people she gave white papers were majorly those going for PhD. You can try Abuja. Don't give up yet
folamorgan:

If you were there yesterday you would understand the whole scenario. I'm an "expressive" individual. I have mastered the art very well I won't lie to you.
Firstly, this woman was not ready to listen, I was actually forcing myself to spew out the few I could. She was cutting everything. Immediately she asked a question and you are about to answer her, she would cut it instantly. The few things you saw that came out of my mouth, I spoke them forcefully. She wasn't listening to people, she was just issuing out the blue paper after few questions without expecting replies.
Firstly, she didn't ask a question related to how the course would help my career or company but I still wanted to chip it in when I was telling her about my funding, what I do and even why I picked the school yet she did not allow me to talk on it. She stopped me abruptly
Secondly, I already prepared financial statement and I cannot give her if she didn't ask for it, I can only defend it with my mouth and I think I did justice to an extent to that by mouth, by telling her how much I pay myself from each of the companies monthly and the total annual income. It is against their rules to bring out documents if they don't asl for it, that can disqualify one.
Lastly, on the home ties, we didn't get there in the first place. I wanted to use the opportunity of why I chose the school to explain home ties but she didn't allow me.
And I want to tell you that the few words I wad able to speak out, I managed to maneuvered her questions towards them, she didn't bother to ask or even care to listen. She was quick to say, ok or I got it. For example, check the questions you will discovered that when she asked that was that the only school I chose, that was when I started using the opportunity to let her know the reason I chose the school among the three. She didn't ask to that extent but since I have discovered her pattern I wanted to see if I could maneuvered myself to speak out my unique story. But the truth is you can only convince someone that cares to listen to you. At least, she gave more than 7 people before me blue paper, including a man that has travelled to different countries like France, Germany, UK, etc. The man was articulated enough and he has a strong home ties with evidence but what finally came out of the woman mouth was "sorry, you are not qualified for this visa".
And nobody should tell me that I didn't pray o, I prayed, I quoted the bible, I did everything necessary and I also prepared by reading more than one hundred transcripts and listening to Argo, an online organisation founded by over 20 former US visa officers, where they educate people on how to answer visa questions. And I practiced all these in mocks with people and alone.
I believe probably, that's just God's will. Maybe He has another plan for me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by neduboo(m): 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2023
My visa was approved yesterday by the Lagos embassy

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2023
folamorgan:

If you were there yesterday you would understand the whole scenario. I'm an "expressive" individual. I have mastered the art very well I won't lie to you.
Firstly, this woman was not ready to listen, I was actually forcing myself to spew out the few I could. She was cutting everything. Immediately she asked a question and you are about to answer her, she would cut it instantly. The few things you saw that came out of my mouth, I spoke them forcefully. She wasn't listening to people, she was just issuing out the blue paper after few questions without expecting replies.
Firstly, she didn't ask a question related to how the course would help my career or company but I still wanted to chip it in when I was telling her about my funding, what I do and even why I picked the school yet she did not allow me to talk on it. She stopped me abruptly
Secondly, I already prepared financial statement and I cannot give her if she didn't ask for it, I can only defend it with my mouth and I think I did justice to an extent to that by mouth, by telling her how much I pay myself from each of the companies monthly and the total annual income. It is against their rules to bring out documents if they don't asl for it, that can disqualify one.
Lastly, on the home ties, we didn't get there in the first place. I wanted to use the opportunity of why I chose the school to explain home ties but she didn't allow me.
And I want to tell you that the few words I wad able to speak out, I managed to maneuvered her questions towards them, she didn't bother to ask or even care to listen. She was quick to say, ok or I got it. For example, check the questions you will discovered that when she asked that was that the only school I chose, that was when I started using the opportunity to let her know the reason I chose the school among the three. She didn't ask to that extent but since I have discovered her pattern I wanted to see if I could maneuvered myself to speak out my unique story. But the truth is you can only convince someone that cares to listen to you. At least, she gave more than 7 people before me blue paper, including a man that has travelled to different countries like France, Germany, UK, etc. The man was articulated enough and he has a strong home ties with evidence but what finally came out of the woman mouth was "sorry, you are not qualified for this visa".
And nobody should tell me that I didn't pray o, I prayed, I quoted the bible, I did everything necessary and I also prepared by reading more than one hundred transcripts and listening to Argo, an online organisation founded by over 20 former US visa officers, where they educate people on how to answer visa questions. And I practiced all these in mocks with people and alone.
Got any scholarship/assistantship/TA/RA?
Are you self-funded?
MS/PhD in ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bemagnify: 7:19pm On Apr 21, 2023
I have a master degree (distinction) in a uk university… please which USA university/organisation will grant me funding for my PHD….

My course is law…

And I reside in the Uk
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Delass: 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2023
neduboo:
My visa was approved yesterday by the Lagos embassy

Please share your transcripts
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2023
@ Gurus in the house, will the dollar value on my i20 be converted to naira using aboki rate or using Cbn rate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2023
punchyy:
@ Gurus in the house, will the dollar value on my i20 be converted to naira using aboki rate or using Cbn rate?
CBN is official. The US doesn't know ABOKI

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2023
folamorgan:

Funding is the master key.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GirlyLois(f): 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2023
Good day everyone,please I would like to get info on bank statements and how to go about it .please it’s urgent🥹
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by eesdee: 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Please which medical center in Lagos can I use for US schools medical tests, TB test, mumps and co.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 9:10pm On Apr 21, 2023
infosoftlife:

Funding is the master key.
Yep. He seems to have a thriving biz in Naija.. VO would like to be convinced as to why he would love to abandon it in pursuit of a degree in the US?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2023
eesdee:
Hello Everyone,

Please which medical center in Lagos can I use for US schools medical tests, TB test, mumps and co.
Which US schools dey ask for medical tests??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by eesdee: 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2023
BigIyanga:

Which US schools dey ask for medical tests??
For MBA program, chadron college
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by segsdynamic: 9:29pm On Apr 21, 2023
folamorgan:

I have heard and read Abt ur story and almost same story happened to me on Tuesday at the Lagos embassy... I know u have really tried your best this time.. Better luck next time or better still you can retry other countries.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2023
eesdee:

For MBA program, chadron college
And they’re asking for medicals before issuing form I-20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by eesdee: 9:59pm On Apr 21, 2023
BigIyanga:

And they’re asking for medicals before issuing form I-20?
Exactly
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2023
eesdee:

Exactly
I learn something new everyday. Pls ask if other applicants have had similar experience
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TenaciousOrphan: 11:19pm On Apr 21, 2023
URGENT ASSISTANCE FROM ANYONE SCHOOLING IN FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY
I have a 5th fully funded PhD admissions from FSU (was previously waitlisted) and is my top choice. I have accepted a previous admissions with funding from another school. But I want to know the average cost of a 1bedroom (I am married with a kid) in Tallahassee Florida, before reneging on the previous admissions in UNIV IF NEBRASKA LINCOLN....which has low cost of living. I am changing because of the cold in Lincoln because of my health. I am asthmatic. Any kind response will be appreciated. 08022210700. Thanks. Stipend is 22,600 for FSU, and 23,200 for Lincoln NEBRASKA. Both are full.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:49pm On Apr 21, 2023
TenaciousOrphan:
I have a 5th fully funded PhD admissions from FSU (was previously waitlisted) and is my top choice. I have accepted a previous admissions with funding from another school. But I want to know the average cost of a 1bedroom (I am married with a kid) in Tallahassee Florida, before reneging on the previous admissions in UNIV IF NEBRASKA LINCOLN....which has low cost of living. I am changing because of the cold in Lincoln because of my health. I am asthmatic. Any kind response will be appreciated. 08022210700. Thanks. Stipend is 22,600 for FSU, and 23,200 for Lincoln NEBRASKA. Both are full.

https://livingcost.org/cost

You can also search online sites like facebook, rent.com
https://www.rentcafe.com, https://www.apartments.com. Good luck.
My unsolicited opinion, I would pick Tallahassee over Lincoln NE.. FL has a very sunny weather and folks who look like u lol.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TenaciousOrphan: 11:53pm On Apr 21, 2023
Thanks at Biggylanga, I have use these comparison search on Google. But I want.to speak to someone currently in Tallahassee to know the real situations of things.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 12:09am On Apr 22, 2023
TenaciousOrphan:
Thanks at Biggylanga, I have use these comparison search on Google. But I want.to speak to someone currently in Tallahassee to know the real situations of things.

Thanks.
Sorry I dont know of anyone living in that city. Have you tried Naija/African Students association in that school?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ibks100(m): 12:23am On Apr 22, 2023
TenaciousOrphan:

Search for one Samdagreat on Twitter. I think he studies at FSU

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ibks100(m): 12:25am On Apr 22, 2023
Delass:
I'm also in this category. I applied on 18/04/2023 and got the same message. I mailed them immediately and they replied told they would review and revert. I think this situation only affects Lagos applicants.

Hello Chief, can you please share their email address. Mine is getting close to two weeks too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Delass: 12:30am On Apr 22, 2023
Ibks100:

Hello Chief, can you please share their email address. Mine is getting close to two weeks too.

support@ustraveldocs.com

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by folamorgan(m): 1:45am On Apr 22, 2023
BigIyanga:

Got any scholarship/assistantship/TA/RA?
Are you self-funded?
MS/PhD in ?
Ms and self-funded. No scholarship.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by aydebbie: 2:04am On Apr 22, 2023
Hi all, I need you all experiences

My sister just got accepted at georgia southern university for fall semester.

I would like to know more about the next steps, i.e., what documents are needed to get to the embassy interview stage.

And how she can join the mock interviews and if possible ideas on how to get help to boost the sponsor statements of account.

Thank you all in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by neduboo(m): 2:26am On Apr 22, 2023
Delass:

Please share your transcripts

Lagos embassy
F1
Full funding
PHD Petroleum Engineering
University of Oklahoma
Interview date: 20th April, 2023
Interview time: 11.00 am

Although my interview was scheduled for 11 am, I didn't mind the time. I left my home by 4.30am and got to the embassy by 5.30am. I then relaxed a bit and went to join the queue. I stayed in the queue for over 3 hours before I was interviewed because of the crowd. I don't think the embassy uses the scheduled time because of the long queue.

Then it was my turn, the VO was a black American lady, quite chubby. She denied 2 person's before me.

VO: Pass me your passport and i20

Me: Here's it ma

VO: ooh, you are going for a Doctorate

Me: Yes ma

VO: have you been out of the country before?

Me: yes ma

VO: what's do you do?

Me: I'm a research assistant at China University of Petroleum, Beijing. My duties require me doing numerical simulation with the use of petroleum softwares such as CMG, Abacus, ANSYS.......""bla bla

VO: so you earn in what? Dollar or what?

Me: I earn in Reminbi ( she didn't understand so I said Chinese Yuan)

VO: how did you get this funding

Me: I submitted a competitive application and did lots of rigorous interview with my professor. I also knew my prof 2 years prior before my application, I did a research in which he was interested in and he reached out to me on LinkedIn after reviewing one of my papers.

VO: your program start date is 21st August

Me: Yes ma

VO: Remember you are only to enter the US within **bla bla* months (can't remember the month she said)of your start date, take this white paper and it will tell you how to receive your passport. (At this point she looked at my face and smiled)

Me: Thank you ma,

As I walked out, I nearly cried (tears of joy). Hard man like me

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (532) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: Rotex111(m), Labizbeauties, dgee1(m), liliberth and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.