Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (695072 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chic91(f): 9:39pm On May 03, 2023
Hello Everyone, is it possible for husband and wife with 2 kids to both apply for F1 visa and still get the visa..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 10:33pm On May 03, 2023
yes
chic91:
Hello Everyone, is it possible for husband and wife with 2 kids to both apply for F1 visa and still get the visa..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 10:37pm On May 03, 2023
it simply means you have good family funds.
Some coming from your husband shows good family ties to home.

punchyy:
@ everyone, pls must the amount stated on the 120 by the school be the exact amount your sponsor is giving? Can sponsors amount be more? The amount my current sponsor is providing covers the stated amount by the school, I want to add another sponsor who is my husband. Will this impact negatively. Or I should just go also with hubby's bank statement , since he was not mentioned on the 120 as a sponsor. Pls I need urgent advice. N/B I don't have personal funds.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 10:39pm On May 03, 2023
yes you can
OlawunmiS:
Hello good afternoon, please i have a question. i applied for my us visa may last year and got an interview date in September this year. i got married march this year i will like to ask if i can update my ds-160 with this info and can my spouse (husband) apply for an f2 visa? also is it possible his brother is our sponsor ? thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dgabby01: 10:45pm On May 03, 2023
Hello everyone, please if I submit my ds160 in Abuja embassy and see date in Lagos. Can I book the date and how can I move my DS 160 to Lagos consulate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nkechidi: 10:48pm On May 03, 2023
Good day everyone.
I am fully funded and married.
My questions are
Please is it adviceable to apply together for interview same day
Also, what kind of questions will they likely ask my husband as a business man since he will be the F2 holder

Thank you very much as I await your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by iluvmyself: 12:34am On May 04, 2023
Hello house, please my girlfriend was given an admission at Kent State in the US. When we applied for the admission, I used my bank statement and added a letter of support. Now we are trying to submit info to get the I-20. We want to use her father as a sponsor since they bare the same last name and both of them are in Nigeria. I’m a U.S. citizen and an RN. Could both of us, her dad and I be the sponsors or just her father to get the I-20. I haven’t seen an I-20 before. So I don’t know if the sponsors name would be there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 1:26am On May 04, 2023
Yes both of you can.
But if you already have H1B ,GC or citizenship.
She might be told to tell you to file for her instead.
Some schools with put the sponsors name while others will put it as family funds since it is come from both of you.

iluvmyself:
Hello house, please my girlfriend was given an admission at Kent State in the US. When we applied for the admission, I used my bank statement and added a letter of support. Now we are trying to submit info to get the I-20. We want to use her father as a sponsor since they bare the same last name and both of them are in Nigeria. I’m a U.S. citizen and an RN. Could both of us, her dad and I be the sponsors or just her father to get the I-20. I haven’t seen an I-20 before. So I don’t know if the sponsors name would be there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Holuwakenny: 8:00am On May 04, 2023
It is better she use her dad except una don marry o... it will be easier to defend that.
iluvmyself:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Holuwakenny: 8:17am On May 04, 2023
Abuja date is available for JUNE hurry up now

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by adigun27: 8:53am On May 04, 2023
Plsss do we have any school who takes 3rd class for masters or any two years program I can do with third class in USA plss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Holuwakenny: 9:05am On May 04, 2023
Do WES evaluation, some schools still stakes from 2.5.
If your school has a grade point 5..0.
Do WES and they convert to 4.0 which will boost your GPA
adigun27:
Plsss do we have any school who takes 3rd class for masters or any two years program I can do with third class in USA plss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 9:19am On May 04, 2023
Date is out ooo. Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gokoyer0(m): 9:20am On May 04, 2023
Hi guys,
What's the job situation for animal science or crop science graduates in US after MSc?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by adigun27: 9:20am On May 04, 2023
Pls bro what is Wes evaluation and how can I do it
Holuwakenny:
Do WES evaluation, some schools still stakes from 2.5.
If your school has a grade point 5..0.
Do WES and they convert to 4.0 which will boost your GPA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GirlyLois(f): 10:03am On May 04, 2023
Hello house please can someone help or add me to the mock group, I'm begging. This is my number 08145923415.THANKS
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by luvethsam(f): 10:06am On May 04, 2023
luvethsam:
Good day everyone, I have been a silent reader and learner here for a while.
My interview was on Tuesday May 2nd and I just gathered myself to share my transcript and it went thus

VO: Good morning

Me: Good morning ma'am

VO: I see you're going for an MBA program....

Me: yes I'm going for my MBA in xyz cus I was given promotion as Head of Operation that'll be leading my team on a new project but I need an Intl degree in project mgt before I could assume my new position

VO: who's going to pay for this

Me: my husband, he's a medical doctor and own a hospital here in Lagos with a staff strength of 28

VO: what do you do

Me: I work at Xyz as a risk analyst (didn't talk further cus she wasn't paying attention)

VO: are you married

Me: yes

VO: children?

Me: 2

VO: alright, thank you for your time unfortunately you're not qualified for this visa this time...

Please 🙏 I need your corrections please and where i can do mock interview cus I intend to reapply next week.
I also need your suggestions if asked why I was rejected last time
please I need your honest opinion and corrections on this 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Holuwakenny: 10:30am On May 04, 2023
Visit www.wes.org and apply.
Fill the necessary information there and get your reference number.
That's what you will use to request for your Transcript ✅.
adigun27:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 11:55am On May 04, 2023
adigun27:

Due to exchange rate sha prepare like 200,000 Naira for Wes evaluation.
I did it last year and spent close to that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 12:00pm On May 04, 2023
Dimkodi:
Hello everyone
Please I have tried for schedule an appointment and the only dates I’m seeing is for next year and my school resumption date is in August 8. Is it okay to go ahead and select any available date I see and then reschedule when there’s an earlier date?

yup . Btw lots if dates and slots were released in Abuja yesterday and today. I hope you were able to secure one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by IdogaKole: 12:04pm On May 04, 2023
Pls have you been added to any WhatsApp group where one can monitor interview dates ?

If yes, pls add me 08067800035

Thanks

quote author=Delass post=122656060]I'm also in this category. I applied on 18/04/2023 and got the same message. I mailed them immediately and they replied told they would review and revert. I think this situation only affects Lagos applicants.

[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by IdogaKole: 12:08pm On May 04, 2023
Pls I have been looking for dates of May or June for Abuja and I am yet to find.

Can you help out or suggest anyways j can get?

I earlier chose a date in October for Abuja with the hope to get an earlier date for May or June cos my admission is for Fall 2023 but till now I am unable to get a may or June date so I can reschedule.
Or do ih have tdd o change to Lagos? And if so, how do I do that change cos I heard there has been May and June dates for Lagos

krcboy:

yup . Btw lots if dates and slots were released in Abuja yesterday and today. I hope you were able to secure one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by adigun27: 12:09pm On May 04, 2023
Are mine going to write exam there or I will summit my transcript there ?
Olawrites:

Due to exchange rate sha prepare like 200,000 Naira for Wes evaluation.
I did it last year and spent close to that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by femillz: 12:12pm On May 04, 2023
I got interview date for may 17 in lagos this morning
krcboy:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by IdogaKole: 12:16pm On May 04, 2023
Pls how can I get these updates often ?

I am seriously looking for Abuja dates tor June for USA student Visa . Pls is there a WhatsApp group where I can get notification so I can quickly apply once any date in June is out ?

I checked thisblorning around 10;30am and all I saw was Feb next year.

Pls help

If there is a group ,kindly add

Thanks
Holuwakenny:
Abuja date is available for JUNE hurry up now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LawyerAjao: 12:17pm On May 04, 2023
You are not writing an exam, you are only sending your transcript to them to evaluate it for you. I paid $258 for evaluation in October last year
adigun27:
Are mine going to write exam there or I will summit my transcript there ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 12:18pm On May 04, 2023
luvethsam:
please I need your honest opinion and corrections on this 🙏

Going for MBA after getting a promotion doesn't sit well
Leaving kids behind without explaining further who will take care of them also didn't fit in
You should've keep on talking even when its look as if he wasn't paying attention, cos one statement can could've change everything.

You can give it another shot and work on your lapses.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LawyerAjao: 12:19pm On May 04, 2023
When did you apply please?
femillz:
I got interview date for may 17 in lagos this morning

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 12:20pm On May 04, 2023
IdogaKole:
Pls how can I get these updates often ?

I am seriously looking for Abuja dates tor June for USA student Visa . Pls is there a WhatsApp group where I can get notification so I can quickly apply once any date in June is out ?

I checked thisblorning around 10;30am and all I saw was Feb next year.

Pls help

If there is a group ,kindly add

DIY boss... You applied to schools yourself you can also do this yourself

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 12:21pm On May 04, 2023
LawyerAjao:
When did you apply please?

He said this morning.... prolly at midnights
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 12:26pm On May 04, 2023
Dgabby01:
Hello everyone, please if I submit my ds160 in Abuja embassy and see date in Lagos. Can I book the date and how can I move my DS 160 to Lagos consulate

Just go with the Abuja, don't entertain fear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.