Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,336 members, 7,836,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (704296 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 7:08pm On May 02, 2023
Thank you! There is no direct flight to my school
Somatohadidas:

Certainly. Your initial airport of arrival upon reaching the United States will serve as your point of entry.

This depends on your final destination and flight itinerary.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by henrish: 9:07pm On May 02, 2023
henrish:
Hello house, I am trying to get an F1 visa appointment date but nothing is coming up in Lagos while the calendar for Abuja is showing 2024.

Please what do I do as my resumption is August 2023.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 9:41pm On May 02, 2023
Stay on the page.

Choose any date you see there, then apply for emergency appointment when you are within 60 days of your program start date (as stated on your i-20)

henrish:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Somatohadidas(m): 10:00pm On May 02, 2023
Sisib15:
Thank you! There is no direct flight to my school

Most people don't have direct flight to their school.

That is not a problem.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by damosade(m): 10:42pm On May 02, 2023
Portlouis:

Good.
What school?

Robbert morris University

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 11:08pm On May 02, 2023
TobbyJames:
Hello house, I will be going to Abj for my interview, please help me with the name of the hotel and name of the area that's closest to the embassy... Thanks

optimal
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bigolly(m): 5:36am On May 03, 2023
Guruindahouse:
If I am in your wife's shoes, I will go ahead and write GRE. She should ask when is the latest date to submit the test in order to give her the time to prepare. This offer will come with some funding.
This may be rare opportunity. I had the chance like this many years ago and I blew it.

Are you talking about FALL 2023 admission?

Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bigolly(m): 6:35am On May 03, 2023
Please does every school request for proof of funds before issuing I 20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 7:19am On May 03, 2023
Yes, except you have full funding that covers your tuition and living expenses
Bigolly:
Please does every school request for proof of funds before issuing I 20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:48am On May 03, 2023
ahmedgafar7:
must the DS-160 be filled before booking for visa on the cgi portal ? it is asking for ds 160 confirmation number
who has information on this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dugochukwu: 9:25am On May 03, 2023
ahmedgafar7:
who has information on this
No, just use your ds-160 code and start looking for date you can submit your ds 160 form later
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dugochukwu: 9:26am On May 03, 2023
TEMIT0PE:
yes and that show you’re Eligible. If you don’t send proof of funds they won’t issue you an i20 form
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jahard: 9:47am On May 03, 2023
Did mine during covid, so it was online.
Before the exam, ensure you get a good laptop. (Any laptop with “activate windows” on the desktop wont work).

On the day of the exam you do all necessary registrations, it’s extremely important to sign in on time. You can start the exam a couple of hours after signing in, I had to change laptops 3 times.
When you start the exam, the first thing you do is show the examiner around your room and around your desk. For Your sitting position, you must back the main entrance.

If you face any network problem, your test will stop and you’ve to show the examiner around the room once you restart. You start with an essay (Analytical writing), before heading into the test proper. You’ll either start with quant or verbal, it’s quite random. You get breaks in between as well, until you’re done.

Lastly, the more you answer correctly the harder the test gets. And vice versa

Yomi174:
Someone should tell us how his/Her GRE test experience went
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dgabby01: 10:06am On May 03, 2023
Greetings, please if I include on my DS-160 about my tribe and the language we speak. Will that be a problem for me on my interview day or red flag
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 10:19am On May 03, 2023
@ everyone, pls must the amount stated on the 120 by the school be the exact amount your sponsor is giving? Can sponsors amount be more? The amount my current sponsor is providing covers the stated amount by the school, I want to add another sponsor who is my husband. Will this impact negatively. Or I should just go also with hubby's bank statement , since he was not mentioned on the 120 as a sponsor. Pls I need urgent advice. N/B I don't have personal funds.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 12:10pm On May 03, 2023
Go with both statements. Better to have both statements and not need it than the VO request for it and you don't have it. There is no red flag Your husband covering a part of your tuition/living expenses is even a more compeling story than a sponsor i want to assume is not in your nuclear family.
punchyy:
@ everyone, pls must the amount stated on the 120 by the school be the exact amount your sponsor is giving? Can sponsors amount be more? The amount my current sponsor is providing covers the stated amount by the school, I want to add another sponsor who is my husband. Will this impact negatively. Or I should just go also with hubby's bank statement , since he was not mentioned on the 120 as a sponsor. Pls I need urgent advice. N/B I don't have personal funds.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 12:42pm On May 03, 2023
Go with both statements. Better to have both statements and not need it than the VO request for it and you don't have it. There is no red flag Your husband covering a part of your tuition/living expenses is even a more compeling story than a sponsor i want to assume is not in your nuclear family.

The first sponsor is my mum her name is already on the 120 and her bank statement covers the amount the school gave, can I just mention that is my mum and husband sponsoring me? Even when my husband's name is not on the 120, but also present his statement.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 2:18pm On May 03, 2023
Not a problem at all. Just take both statements. I am not sure about "name" of sponsor appearing on i-20 though. Your mum's deficit cover should be under "family support" and in which case, your husband is also family. So mentioning both as sponsors is not an issue.

punchyy:

The first sponsor is my mum her name is already on the 120 and her bank statement covers the amount the school gave, can I just mention that is my mum and husband sponsoring me? Even when my husband's name is not on the 120, but also present his statement.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bigolly(m): 2:28pm On May 03, 2023
TEMIT0PE:

Oh okay thank you

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ibks100(m): 3:19pm On May 03, 2023
Abuja people, I heard they've released dates

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OlawunmiS: 3:57pm On May 03, 2023
Hello good afternoon, please i have a question. i applied for my us visa may last year and got an interview date in September this year. i got married march this year i will like to ask if i can update my ds-160 with this info and can my spouse (husband) apply for an f2 visa? also is it possible his brother is our sponsor ? thank you.
Jacknn:

Congratss!! What was [/color][color=#000000]
Ibks100:
Ibks100 post=122906553:
Ibks100:
Ibks100:
ur deficit pls?? And was this abj embassy or lag
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OlawunmiS: 4:01pm On May 03, 2023
Hello good afternoon, please i have a question. i applied for my us visa may last year and got an interview date in September this year. i got married march this year i will like to ask if i can update my ds-160 with this info and can my spouse (husband) apply for an f2 visa? also is it possible his brother is our sponsor ? thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 4:42pm On May 03, 2023
Not a problem at all. Just take both statements. I am not sure about "name" of sponsor appearing on i-20 though. Your mum's deficit cover should be under "family support" and in which case, your husband is also family. So mentioning both as sponsors is not an issue.

Thanks alot for your input. I appreciate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Abisolador: 5:12pm On May 03, 2023
May dates are out in Lagos ooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by luvethsam(f): 5:54pm On May 03, 2023
Good day everyone, I have been a silent reader and learner here for a while.
My interview was on Tuesday May 2nd and I just gathered myself to share my transcript and it went thus

VO: Good morning

Me: Good morning ma'am

VO: I see you're going for an MBA program....

Me: yes I'm going for my MBA in xyz cus I was given promotion as Head of Operation that'll be leading my team on a new project but I need an Intl degree in project mgt before I could assume my new position

VO: who's going to pay for this

Me: my husband, he's a medical doctor and own a hospital here in Lagos with a staff strength of 28

VO: what do you do

Me: I work at Xyz as a risk analyst (didn't talk further cus she wasn't paying attention)

VO: are you married

Me: yes

VO: children?

Me: 2

VO: alright, thank you for your time unfortunately you're not qualified for this visa this time...

Please 🙏 I need your corrections please and where i can do mock interview cus I intend to reapply next week.
I also need your suggestions if asked why I was rejected last time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zeemama10: 6:21pm On May 03, 2023
jOSHBOYY:
Is it enough to apply for emergency request for visa interview through the visa scheduling page? (on the left hanside, there is an option to make an emergency request). Or one has to send an email to the US embassy? Thank you!

Good day all,

I was denied an emergency visa date for a J visa. I feel it’s because I did not apply within the 60days resumption of the job. I know I have to pay another MRV to quality for another emergency date. Pls how do I go about this?
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dimkodi: 6:52pm On May 03, 2023
Hello everyone
Please I have tried for schedule an appointment and the only dates I’m seeing is for next year and my school resumption date is in August 8. Is it okay to go ahead and select any available date I see and then reschedule when there’s an earlier date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yinkadraregem: 9:02pm On May 03, 2023
Hello house please can I be added to the F1 visa search group. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yinkadraregem: 9:05pm On May 03, 2023
Hello house please I need an appointment date that falls between now and July because my school resumes by August but the Lagos available dates have been seeing is next year January.please someone should help

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (542) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.