Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (678883 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (530) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Roughfyzay(m): 11:42am On May 11, 2023
Sisib15:
I don't think there is any, just state why you were denied on your ds160
Thank you ma’am.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debskufre: 11:59am On May 11, 2023
Goodmorning all,

I have been a silent follower on this page and today being my US interview date which was scheduled for 8.30am,before it got to my turn it was about 11.25am.Interviewer was a Nigerian in Abuja

Me:Goodmorning
VO:Did not answer

VO:have you travelled to US before?i said no,then she said have you travelled outside Nigeria before?I said I schooled in Benin Republic which she said okay.

VO:what course are you going for?

Me:Information technology at Valparaiso University. Indiana.

VO:who will be sponsoring you?

Me:My Dad.

VO:what does your dad do?

Me:My dad is a real estate developer and also a co-founder of Tianshi Nigeria limited

VO:Okay

VO:you finished school since 2014,how come it is now you decided to go for your masters

Me:trying to explain,

VO:unfortunately we cannot grant you visa at the moment to the UsS

Please what did I do wrong?

I don't even know if I should apply again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blegolicious: 12:18pm On May 11, 2023
krcboy:

drop your transcript first.
My supposedly transcript............ criticise and correct please

School- Tennessee Technological University
Course- Exceptional Learning, concentration in Applied behavioural Analysis
Graduate Assistantship position with 100% tuition waiver
Other expenses- 4k dollars which I have as a self sponsor

V.O: why are you travelling to US?
Me: To pursue a fully funded PhD in Exceptional Learning and major in Applied behavioural analysis. It is a 5 years full time degree program that includes 79 semester credit hour which integrates research, theory and practical application.

VO: why Tennessee Technological University

Me: During my research in Universities that offers behavioural courses in Education, I came across TTU, it offers Exceptional Learning PhD, Applied behavioural Analysis which is in relation with what I studied in my master's level (Managerial Psychology)
Also, I got to know that Dr Akenson and Dr Krystal had a research publication that aligned with my future research topic which is - Develpmental disabilities, intervention and treatment of individuals with special needs such as Autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, Dyslexia and learning difficulties in general.
TTU is a member of Association for Behavioural Analysis International Council for Exceptional children

VO: why this course?

Me: This course will equip me with necessary core knowledge through research on management and treatment of individuals with special needs whose special traits hinders them from achieving their goals and potentials

VO: what do you do presently/ where do you work?
Me: I've been working for over 7 year in MD School as a special needs educator. I access student's skills and educational needs, I develop and modifies lesson plans based on school's approved curriculum and model from special needs students, provides assistance to children with dysfunctional families, interview parents gather and document information on family background.....

VO: What other school did you apply to?

Me: Bowling Green State University, East Tennessee State University, University of Tennessee Knoxville. Was given admission in all university to study MSc in Early childhood Education

VO: What is this course about?
Me: This course is mainly about management and treatment of individuals with special traits like learning deficiency, speech coordination deficiency, restlessness, hypersensitivity etc. These individuals have problems with social communication and interaction
It focuses on characteristics strengths and educational needs of individuals and groups whose learning potentials and opportunities for success are frequently unrealistic. Their social, economic and physical characteristics serves as a barrier to development and learning

VO: what do you intend to do with it in your home country?

Me: I intend to be a special needs educator in my home country as I observed our special needs schools lack core management and behavioural treatment of these individuals, they are usually neglected and stigmatised. Society writes them off and doesn't give them a chance to achieve their potentials. I believe if they have professional behavioural management and treatment this will bring out the best in them and gradually will ne accepted In the society cos they will exhibit it.

VO: are u married?
Me: yes with two kids

VO: what does your husband do?
Me: my husband is into waste management business. He owns his company, has 25 staff members working for his organisation. He's also a member of Lagos State Waste management Authority. His annual income is around 13 million. He recycles waste products such as pet bottles, planks, papers etc. He recycles for Guinness Nigeria, Honey well flour Mills and other private owned factories.

VO: did you take any exams?
Me: yes, GRE and TOEFL ( the school waived these the year I applied sef so I didn't use it for admission)

VO: Do you have any relative in US?
me: Yes. my sister is a legal resident ( This is also on my D 160 form already). My husband and children are here in lagos

Please help to criticize and correct my supposedly questions.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jackson1922: 2:14pm On May 11, 2023
1. V.O: who would look after your kids while you're in the US?

2. V.O: Why is your family not accompanying you?

3. V.O: Your sister in the U.S means close family ties convince me otherwise ?

Having well thought answers on these would be great but since you have full funding and going for a PhD the interview might last less than a minute and you would not be asked any of these.

Blegolicious:

My supposedly transcript............ criticise and correct please

School- Tennessee Technological University
Course- Exceptional Learning, concentration in Applied behavioural Analysis
Graduate Assistantship position with 100% tuition waiver
Other expenses- 4k dollars which I have as a self sponsor

V.O: why are you travelling to US?
Me: To pursue a fully funded PhD in Exceptional Learning and major in Applied behavioural analysis. It is a 5 years full time degree program that includes 79 semester credit hour which integrates research, theory and practical application.

VO: why Tennessee Technological University

Me: During my research in Universities that offers behavioural courses in Education, I came across TTU, it offers Exceptional Learning PhD, Applied behavioural Analysis which is in relation with what I studied in my master's level (Managerial Psychology)
Also, I got to know that Dr Akenson and Dr Krystal had a research publication that aligned with my future research topic which is - Develpmental disabilities, intervention and treatment of individuals with special needs such as Autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, Dyslexia and learning difficulties in general.
TTU is a member of Association for Behavioural Analysis International Council for Exceptional children

VO: why this course?

Me: This course will equip me with necessary core knowledge through research on management and treatment of individuals with special needs whose special traits hinders them from achieving their goals and potentials

VO: what do you do presently/ where do you work?
Me: I've been working for over 7 year in MD School as a special needs educator. I access student's skills and educational needs, I develop and modifies lesson plans based on school's approved curriculum and model from special needs students, provides assistance to children with dysfunctional families, interview parents gather and document information on family background.....

VO: What other school did you apply to?

Me: Bowling Green State University, East Tennessee State University, University of Tennessee Knoxville. Was given admission in all university to study MSc in Early childhood Education

VO: What is this course about?
Me: This course is mainly about management and treatment of individuals with special traits like learning deficiency, speech coordination deficiency, restlessness, hypersensitivity etc. These individuals have problems with social communication and interaction
It focuses on characteristics strengths and educational needs of individuals and groups whose learning potentials and opportunities for success are frequently unrealistic. Their social, economic and physical characteristics serves as a barrier to development and learning

VO: what do you intend to do with it in your home country?

Me: I intend to be a special needs educator in my home country as I observed our special needs schools lack core management and behavioural treatment of these individuals, they are usually neglected and stigmatised. Society writes them off and doesn't give them a chance to achieve their potentials. I believe if they have professional behavioural management and treatment this will bring out the best in them and gradually will ne accepted In the society cos they will exhibit it.

VO: are u married?
Me: yes with two kids

VO: what does your husband do?
Me: my husband is into waste management business. He owns his company, has 25 staff members working for his organisation. He's also a member of Lagos State Waste management Authority. His annual income is around 13 million. He recycles waste products such as pet bottles, planks, papers etc. He recycles for Guinness Nigeria, Honey well flour Mills and other private owned factories.

VO: did you take any exams?
Me: yes, GRE and TOEFL ( the school waived these the year I applied sef so I didn't use it for admission)

VO: Do you have any relative in US?
me: Yes. my sister is a legal resident ( This is also on my D 160 form already). My husband and children are here in lagos

Please help to criticize and correct my supposedly questions.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 2:38pm On May 11, 2023
EBUBECHISOM:
Please which school currently accepts admission for msc Chemistry program.

This breakfast don too much for me

Do you need funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by honeyade: 4:14pm On May 11, 2023
Good evening everyone,

What are the recommended ways to address being refused F1 again if “uncertainty of return to Nigeria” was the reason for initial F1 denial?

I’m going for LLM and I’m completed my NYSC 1 year ago.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 4:58pm On May 11, 2023
na people like you dey make oyibo dey look down on us. Just imagine coming to ask this mumu question on the internet.
if your cousin no sabi book make e go learn work
Bigolly:
Please how does GRE test works? can I pay someone to do it for my cousin?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:04pm On May 11, 2023
as in eeh see the bold and bogus mind e take dey ask the question self.

Teddiement:
You had better ask your cousin to go and do the test him/herself! A valid means of identity is required to register for the exam and to enter the exam hall on the day of the exam. Fingerprints are also collected. And digital photographs of the candidates are taken before the exam.
Infact, because of people like you, the ETS had to put all these identity checks in place so that their exam would not become another WAEC or JAMB!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 5:08pm On May 11, 2023
She has very strong ties to the USA remember all are presumed to be immigrants except you can convince them.
Mizzhelen:
Good Evening House, a close relative got her F1 visa delayed. Please help critique her transcript and tell us what she did wrong and what to do better next time

My transcript: Visa Delayed
Lagos Embassy
First attempt: F1
No funding May 8th, 2023
Window two, white fat American woman
Vo: Gd morning
Me: Gd morning with smile
Vo: What do you do for living?
Me: As a veterinary microbiologist, I collect samples, culture, …cuts in
Vo: ohhh, so you’re a veterinary microbiologist, so why do you want to go for public health with one kind frown, like she no understand the correlation between vet micro and PH.
Me: Surprised by her frown, told her I am passionate about the well-being of individuals, loves to ensure safety of people… vo cuts in
Vo: How old are you?
Me: 41 years
Vo: Soooo, why are you going for your studies now?
Me: I want to stay current in my field. Also, I was raising my children, vo cuts in…
Vo: Who is paying for your trip?
Me: I have a personal savings of about 10million naira and my lovely husband, who is a business man and an author and publisher of A1 in General Mathematics textbook, vo cuts in…
Vo: Do you have relatives in the US?
Me: yes, my mum and my sister, my mum will be returning back by September, she travelled just a month ago
Vo: ooohhhh(exclaims!), so you have your mum and your sister In the US, she continues typing and is not listening again.
The next thing, na to serve breakfast after standing for about four hours without even squatting. Also, I observed that four young people before me were also served. I maintained eye contact and treid smiling too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by folamorgan(m): 5:48pm On May 11, 2023
[quote author=luvethsam post=122920956] please I need your honest opinion and corrections on this 🙏[/qtuote]
Revisit your DS-160 information and also cross check if your passport profile marches that of the ds-160 and the one on the visa application page e.g. like a missing middle name. Check your ds160 answers all over to see if there is a place you are missing it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 6:25pm On May 11, 2023
chibertha:
as in eeh see the bold and bogus mind e take dey ask the question self.

Hello Chibertha, can you please advice me? I applied to 5 schools for a PhD and 4 of them rejected my application. One offered me an unfunded Msc admission ( SUNY Buffalo). I’m considering using Mpower to sponsor it. COA is $46k
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Arrowhead12: 6:44pm On May 11, 2023
Hello,

I guess you could try to show home ties if you have a job waiting for you back home (with prospective promotion tied to your completion of the postgraduate program). If your employer's also sponsoring your studies in exchange for your remaining at the organisation for a fixed number of years immediately after your studies, that should work.

honeyade:
Good evening everyone,

What are the recommended ways to address being refused F1 again if “uncertainty of return to Nigeria” was the reason for initial F1 denial?

I’m going for LLM and I’m completed my NYSC 1 year ago.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EBUBECHISOM(m): 6:50pm On May 11, 2023
Zihno:

Do you need funding?
Yes, I seriously do need funding.

I got admission already for an Msc program but no funding...
Trying to apply to other schools
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 7:07pm On May 11, 2023
I know how it feels trust me.
Take the master's and get in. While in the States continue your PhD applications and transfer or finish the masters before you start.
your COA is very reasonable.
check your mail I sent you a PM
Zihno:

Hello Chibertha, can you please advice me? I applied to 5 schools for a PhD and 4 of them rejected my application. One offered me an unfunded Msc admission ( SUNY Buffalo). I’m considering using Mpower to sponsor it. COA is $46k

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by gorgeousnogo(f): 7:49pm On May 11, 2023
BigIyanga:

What is the COA of the 1st and 2nd school?

Hi, please any ideas in how to defend change of school?
Any transcript?
Masters degree
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 7:54pm On May 11, 2023
chibertha:
I know how it feels trust me.
Take the master's and get in. While in the States continue your PhD applications and transfer or finish the masters before you start.
your COA is very reasonable.
check your mail I sent you a PM

Thank you. It hasn’t been easy.

Note to others, Ivy League schools are difficult to get into for PhD
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 7:55pm On May 11, 2023
EBUBECHISOM:

Ok, I was going to recommend UB but they don’t fund MS students.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 10:10pm On May 11, 2023
gorgeousnogo:

1st school - 59,983 (family fund) last year
2nd School - 83,428 (full funding) this year

….

Hi, please any ideas in how to defend change of school?
Any transcript?
Masters degree
Why did u choose 2nd school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 10:14pm On May 11, 2023
gorgeousnogo:

Congratulations. I will come and testify soon of getting my visa like you. Amen
I’m not knocking on your optimism… but that OP is seasoned with experience in various fields- Medicine-Politics-Public Policy-Intl Travels-Conferences-MBA-high GRE Score.. He/She is a well-prepared and unique applicant. Hope is not enough.. Do your homework. Good luck!

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 10:21pm On May 11, 2023
Debskufre:
Goodmorning all,

I have been a silent follower on this page and today being my US interview date which was scheduled for 8.30am,before it got to my turn it was about 11.25am.Interviewer was a Nigerian in Abuja

Me:Goodmorning
VO:Did not answer

VO:have you travelled to US before?i said no,then she said have you travelled outside Nigeria before?I said I schooled in Benin Republic which she said okay.

VO:what course are you going for?

Me:Information technology at Valparaiso University. Indiana.

VO:who will be sponsoring you?

Me:My Dad.

VO:what does your dad do?

Me:My dad is a real estate developer and also a co-founder of Tianshi Nigeria limited

VO:Okay

VO:you finished school since 2014,how come it is now you decided to go for your masters

Me:trying to explain,

VO:unfortunately we cannot grant you visa at the moment to the UsS

Please what did I do wrong?

I don't even know if I should apply again

You followed in silence and didnt give a stellar performance. Most times, basic Naija responses would get you a denial slip.
Your responses were basic like an undergraduate applicant.
Apply again, prepare very very well. Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 11:19pm On May 11, 2023
EBUBECHISOM:

What’s your cost of attendance? Maybe try Mpower?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 1:15am On May 12, 2023
BigIyanga:

I’m not knocking on your optimism… but that OP is seasoned with experience in various fields- Medicine-Politics-Public Policy-Intl Travels-Conferences-MBA-high GRE Score.. He/She is a well-prepared and unique applicant. Hope is not enough.. Do your homework. Good luck!

Plus she’s going to Wharton a top 3 MBA program.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 4:14am On May 12, 2023
I am even surprised nobody has said they will tap into the visa issuance.
Our people like to be like the result but not wanting to do go for daily practice like the person.
This is not 7am fire prayer things ooh
BigIyanga:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 4:17am On May 12, 2023
You want enter abi you no wan enter?
Leave top this and that alone.

Zihno:

Plus she’s going to Wharton a top 3 MBA program.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (530) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: Gist9ja and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.