Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (679066 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (530) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lawekpemi(m): 6:57am On May 12, 2023
Hello everyone.

I'm so impressed with the level of assistance people get here, you all are heaven's sent.

Please I just logged in to my visa portal, and I noticed a 72hr lock to my account for suspicion of .......... has been placed.
To be frank I log in often to see if can get a better date for my interview.

Please hope this is not going to affect me in anyway?
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lawal1555: 7:39am On May 12, 2023
What could have happened to this transcript?

COPIED!!!
COPIED!!!
COPIED!!!

Date:11 March 2023
Time 6.30am

Visa type: F1

School: Yale School of Management
Program: Advanced Masters in Management
Duration of program: 9 months.

Funding requirement: $115k
School Merit Scholarship: 30k
Employer: 63.5k
Personal: 20k

I hardly slept the night before, I had been denied before, and I was restless. I got there very early and was one of the first in the queue.

The elderly and infants were allowed to go first.

I was the second, and the consulate officer was the Fat Lady. The first person was approved.

VO: Can I have your I-20
Me: Here you go, ma, feeling happy and confident.
VO: What is your postgraduate plan.
Me. The plan is to return as a director to manage a division of the company. The company is providing funding because they believe i will add strategic insight to the business.
VO: Why is your company paying this huge sum for you.
Me: The company is big on training, and our senior management team gets trian at YALE, but exactly the full-on Masters like this.. she cut me off.
VO: So why are they paying?
Me: My employer has over 20 expatriates under its employment, and they are looking to have local take up more of the strategic role. Getting and bringing in expatriate can have some bottleneck. The Coy is looking to train more locals.

VO: What's your travel history?

Me: I was recenlty in the SA, and I've been to US in 2018 when my son was born... she cuts.
VO: How kids did you have in the US...... 2 (two), right...

Me: Yes, and in good faith, we asked that all discount be reversed.... cuts again.

VO: I am sorry you are not qualified for a US visa at this time.
😕
I didn't even have stenght to worry about again. I kukuma carried by bluen paper and said thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EBUBECHISOM(m): 7:48am On May 12, 2023
Zihno:

What’s your cost of attendance? Maybe try Mpower?
COA: about 60k
Mpower would be my last resort
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Victor4234: 8:43am On May 12, 2023
Hello is anybody going to the university of Utah here for fall semester 2023?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by gorgeousnogo(f): 8:54am On May 12, 2023
BigIyanga:

Sorry I’m not whatsapp and DM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VTJN(m): 9:04am On May 12, 2023
Zihno:

Hello Chibertha, can you please advice me? I applied to 5 schools for a PhD and 4 of them rejected my application. One offered me an unfunded Msc admission ( SUNY Buffalo). I’m considering using Mpower to sponsor it. COA is $46k
some school only accept masters students to PhD. Did you wrote GRE? Your GPA? Course of study (i learnt some courses are competitive) All of these influence one admission

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HALIMAHHHH: 10:02am On May 12, 2023
Blegolicious:

You can't renew passport 6 months earlier than the expiry date. you can only renew 6 months to expiry date.

It is actually possible. The person just has to write an application for migration letter.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by engroyekan(m): 10:35am On May 12, 2023
Good morning folks, please I need clarification. I have an offer to study Public Health at WIU. The condition for issuance of I-20 and official admission letter is the submission of POF.

The question is, is the length of stay of the fund in the account important for issuance of I-20?

I will appreciate an urgent reply. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by gateleo(m): 12:55pm On May 12, 2023
engroyekan:
Good morning folks, please I need clarification. I have an offer to study Public Health at WIU. The condition for issuance of I-20 and official admission letter is the submission of POF.

The question is, is the length of stay of the fund in the account important for issuance of I-20?

I will appreciate an urgent reply. Thanks

Well, to the best of my knowledge, For US schools, there is nothing like length of stay of funds..Once you have the money in your account, just print your statement and send to your sch...you can withdraw the money immediately. I printed my statement since January this year and I just submitted same statement to my sch as POF and I30 issued this month despite the statement showing January date..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:07pm On May 12, 2023
Zihno:

Plus she’s going to Wharton a top 3 MBA program.
Sorry, I missed that!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:09pm On May 12, 2023
gorgeousnogo:

Okay. Thanks

I have sent a message request
What msg? Im not on whatsapp and dm.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:17pm On May 12, 2023
Lawal1555:
What could have happened to this transcript?

COPIED!!!
COPIED!!!
COPIED!!!

Date:11 March 2023
Time 6.30am

Visa type: F1

School: Yale School of Management
Program: Advanced Masters in Management
Duration of program: 9 months.

Funding requirement: $115k
School Merit Scholarship: 30k
Employer: 63.5k
Personal: 20k

I hardly slept the night before, I had been denied before, and I was restless. I got there very early and was one of the first in the queue.

The elderly and infants were allowed to go first.

I was the second, and the consulate officer was the Fat Lady. The first person was approved.

VO: Can I have your I-20
Me: Here you go, ma, feeling happy and confident.
VO: What is your postgraduate plan.
Me. The plan is to return as a director to manage a division of the company. The company is providing funding because they believe i will add strategic insight to the business.
VO: Why is your company paying this huge sum for you.
Me: The company is big on training, and our senior management team gets trian at YALE, but exactly the full-on Masters like this.. she cut me off.
VO: So why are they paying?
Me: My employer has over 20 expatriates under its employment, and they are looking to have local take up more of the strategic role. Getting and bringing in expatriate can have some bottleneck. The Coy is looking to train more locals.

VO: What's your travel history?

Me: I was recenlty in the SA, and I've been to US in 2018 when my son was born... she cuts.
VO: How kids did you have in the US...... 2 (two), right...

Me: Yes, and in good faith, we asked that all discount be reversed.... cuts again.

VO: I am sorry you are not qualified for a US visa at this time.
😕
I didn't even have stenght to worry about again. I kukuma carried by bluen paper and said thank you.
Did you pay in full all medical expenses related to your children’s birth and care in the US?
Also, did your partner/wife travel to US to have your babies with B1/B2 visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sheriffchukwu: 3:58pm On May 12, 2023
Hey guys,
I'm currently scheduled for my visa appointment in Lagos due to the initial closure of the Abuja US embassy, where I reside.
My question is I need to know if there's any way to change my appointment location from Lagos to the Abuja embassy, which just reopened recently. However I'm yet to submit my DS160 form..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by engroyekan(m): 4:14pm On May 12, 2023
Thank you so much.

gateleo:

Well, to the best of my knowledge, For US schools, there is nothing like length of stay of funds..Once you have the money in your account, just print your statement and send to your sch...you can withdraw the money immediately. I printed my statement since January this year and I just submitted same statement to my sch as POF and I30 issued this month despite the statement showing January date..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 4:53pm On May 12, 2023
piggy backing on this below

Did you inform the embassy or the CBP that you were going to put to birth both times?
answer these then we can look at it together

BigIyanga:

Did you pay in full all medical expenses related to your children’s birth and care in the US?
Also, did your partner/wife travel to US to have your babies with B1/B2 visa?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by gorgeousnogo(f): 6:48pm On May 12, 2023
BigIyanga:

What msg? Im not on whatsapp and dm.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 6:57pm On May 12, 2023
gorgeousnogo:

Check your email.

Nairaland has to request first
Like I told you. You have to read and pay attention. Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ajayiolatunb: 9:53pm On May 12, 2023
Hello House,

Please I need your answer or opnion on this question.

'When is the appropriate time to pay for the Sevis Fee? it is while filling the D-160 or when one have confirmed date for the visa interview'.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 10:55pm On May 12, 2023
It's not cast in stone. You can pay whenever you want. Just make sure you pay not later than 3 days before your interview.

ajayiolatunb:
Hello House,

Please I need your answer or opnion on this question.

'When is the appropriate time to pay for the Sevis Fee? it is while filling the D-160 or when one have confirmed date for the visa interview'.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by gorgeousnogo(f): 1:18am On May 13, 2023
BigIyanga:

Like I told you. You have to read and pay attention. Good luck

Okay. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keyin: 3:06am On May 13, 2023
Including Emergency appointment? I mean can one who has not paid for sevis fee book EA?
TEMIT0PE:
It's not cast in stone. You can pay whenever you want. Just make sure you pay not later than 3 days before your interview.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 7:45am On May 13, 2023
You need to have paid your Sevis fee before booking EA because you have to include your Sevis ID in the EA request form.

Keyin:
Including Emergency appointment? I mean can one who has not paid for sevis fee book EA?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Codestorm: 12:50pm On May 13, 2023
I need to ask a question group; if a person is denied a visa, does he/she have to pay another fee for the visa interview? undecided
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 1:13pm On May 13, 2023
Codestorm:
I need to ask a question group; if a person is denied a visa, does he/she have to pay another fee for the visa interview? undecided
yup
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 1:30pm On May 13, 2023
Otilo 😂

Codestorm:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:25pm On May 13, 2023
Codestorm:
So if you take JAMB/WAEC and no pass…dem go allow u to retake for free??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Shadybeauty: 3:00pm On May 13, 2023
grin
BigIyanga:

So if you take JAMB/WAEC and no pass…dem go allow u to retake for free??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dgabby01: 8:28pm On May 13, 2023
Hello everyone! Please I need to be cleared on something. I did my first interview with a private university and my major was computer science but what appeared on my I-20 was computer and information sciences. I told the school counselor to change it but he said it's correct that the I-20 name for computer science is computer and information sciences. But unfortunately my first attempt wasn't successful because the school was too expensive. I got admission into a public uni with a low COA. Now, this is where am confused. The new school used computer science on the I-20 the sent me, not computer and information sciences. Please, I hope the vo will not think I changed course because I don't know how I will explain this to them so that the will understand that it's not my fault.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ijyoma: 9:44pm On May 13, 2023
Guys, please is something wrong with using a politician as a sponsor? People are saying it's a red flag and I'm wondering why or how that is, when almost all our politicians have families abroad. Please share with me, let me reassure a friend that is fretting over this. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ibks100(m): 12:02am On May 14, 2023
I have two observations:
1. Just like someone already mentioned. Your answers were too generic. When asked what you are going to study, you could have chipped in the content of your course. For example, I'll be studying Information technology at Valparaiso University. Indiana, where I'll be learning the modus operandi of information dissemination or management by taking courses in blahblah....

2. Based on reading previous transcripts, I can say the VO already made his or her decision after your response about your sponsor. And, by the way, you didn't drop your COA and your Deficit. Maybe you have alot of Deficit. When asked who will sponsor you, you should talk about who is sponsoring you, what he's doing, how much he's earning, staff strength, and maybe why he's sponsoring you. You shouldn't have waited for the VO to ask you what your Dad does. For example, my lovely Dad will be sponsoring or covering my Deficit. He's a real estate developer, and cofounder of.... With a combined staff strength of 15, and an annual income of about 40million naira. He deals in purchase and sales of landed property, and also have houses for rent etc.

3. Add this observation too... It's still on who is sponsoring you. You finished your first degree in 2014, I'm guessing you'll be around 30+, and you must have been working for awhile. It raises a kind of red flag of your Dad is still the one sponsoring you. You could have added that, 'in addition to my Dad's sponsorship, I also have a savings of around 5million, which have saved over the years of working'.

Wishing you all the best!

Debskufre:
Goodmorning all,

I have been a silent follower on this page and today being my US interview date which was scheduled for 8.30am,before it got to my turn it was about 11.25am.Interviewer was a Nigerian in Abuja

Me:Goodmorning
VO:Did not answer

VO:have you travelled to US before?i said no,then she said have you travelled outside Nigeria before?I said I schooled in Benin Republic which she said okay.

VO:what course are you going for?

Me:Information technology at Valparaiso University. Indiana.

VO:who will be sponsoring you?

Me:My Dad.

VO:what does your dad do?

Me:My dad is a real estate developer and also a co-founder of Tianshi Nigeria limited

VO:Okay

VO:you finished school since 2014,how come it is now you decided to go for your masters

Me:trying to explain,

VO:unfortunately we cannot grant you visa at the moment to the UsS

Please what did I do wrong?

I don't even know if I should apply again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ibks100(m): 12:03am On May 14, 2023
Ijyoma:
Guys, please is something wrong with using a politician as a sponsor? People are saying it's a red flag and I'm wondering why or how that is, when almost all our politicians have families abroad. Please share with me, let me reassure a friend that is fretting over this. Thanks.

When asked what the person does, what will you say?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (530) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: Debbieeeeeee and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.