Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (696630 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lindahap: 10:27am On May 26, 2023
Hi, good morning all. Please, I would like to ask if there is a WhatsApp group for tracking US visa appointment date. Help!! My email address is beastonventures@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Collins4u1(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2023
Hello Guys i need your candid opinion on this issue,

My friend recently got an admission in the United States but he's based in UK and is currently there for a program lower than Master's degree program. He has been thinking if applying for visa from UK will reduce his chances of getting one and even if he can apply from there. Please kindly make your input on this. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 1:45pm On May 26, 2023
Hey, you shouldn’t have even mentioned your sister at all.

Also, from my experience Loans are somewhat a red flag too. Avoid them as much as possible

So my advise is, get another sponsor, don’t use loans at all, and hope that the VO hasn’t put a serious note on your profile cause that your sister ish is a major red flag!

Are you married? Do you have kids here in 9ja? You need a very strong home tie as well.

Good luck to you

Bluemix:
Visa Transcript
May 23, Lagos
COA : $60045
Deficit: 46k (31k loan(tuition bal) 15k fam support(living cost)

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir

VO: Have you traveled before?
Me: No, I haven’t had any need to

VO: where are you going to?
Me: ( knowing that he just wants me to say worchester Massachusetts) rather I said I am going to obtain a master in marketing analytics program in Clark university school of management ( VO looked at me like he was about to cut) then I said Worcester Massachusetts, he nods his head yes.

VO: what did you study?
Me: I studied Business Administration at the National Open University of Nigeria

VO: what do you do?or what are you doing?
Me I work as a sales administrator at *** international limited a global business conglomerate, in my role, I streamline data from sales invoices and design sales prospecting plan, was about to start and use customer insights from web analytics VO CUTS AND SAY (next question)

VO: how are you paying for your study
Me: I have a merit based scholarship of 40% of my program cost,(looks at my i20) and to cover my short fall, I have loan and my family support from my sister, she makes an annual income of $***, *** as a senior software
engineer at Big tech, Bay Area California in the USA
Me bringing out my SOA
VO: How did she go?
Me: she went through an FI visa application

VO: So she never returned?
Give me back my passport and i20 and passport
Sorry ma’am I won’t be approving your visa today

I said thank you.

---------------------
How can I navigate the question in my new appointment? My sis is now a permanent resident(GC). She left in 2018 for a 2yr masters and has not visited since then. I added this info in the relative in section in my ds160

What could I say? I did not anticipate this at all and VO just denial me without an opportunity to speak.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MysTeerioz(f): 4:06pm On May 26, 2023
reigningme:

click here---Schedule appointment and follow the instruction. I was in the same shoe for over 3 weeks but I just realize that now but the date available for Lagos now from January 2024

Please what is this site?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Michaelshow: 4:17pm On May 26, 2023
Please what is best option for previously denied to see available appointment dates

Select Visa Priority:
-Previously Refused - Visa refused in the last 6 months (WARNING: Your appointment will be cancelled for providing false information. If your appointment is cancelled, you will need to re-pay your visa fee)

-Regular - Visa not refused in the last 12 months
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 9:03pm On May 26, 2023
Michaelshow:
Please what is best option for previously denied to see available appointment dates

Select Visa Priority:
-Previously Refused - Visa refused in the last 6 months (WARNING: Your appointment will be cancelled for providing false information. If your appointment is cancelled, you will need to re-pay your visa fee)

-Regular - Visa not refused in the last 12 months

The second option
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ahmedgafar7(m): 9:34pm On May 26, 2023
ahmedgafar7:
Please how long does it take for pay4me sevis payment to reflect
who has information on this please ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by psrsx: 11:00am On May 27, 2023
Good day house, please can one assist me with current GRE materials (2022/2023), especially for the verbal section? Is there also anything like a WhatsApp group for candidates preparing for GRE? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blegolicious: 11:44am On May 27, 2023
ahmedgafar7:
who has information on this please ?

Mine reflected the 4th day. I think 4 business days
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blegolicious: 11:51am On May 27, 2023
[quote author=Jackson1922 post=123072879]1. V.O: who would look after your kids while you're in the US?

2. V.O: Why is your family not accompanying you?

3. V.O: Your sister in the U.S means close family ties convince me otherwise ?

Having well thought answers on these would be great but since you have full funding and going for a PhD the interview might last less than a minute and you would not be asked any of
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FloroFlores: 1:13pm On May 27, 2023
Winas2:
Use Gahana or B/R. Flight is cheaper and that's where many Nigerians pass through now. Flight there is around $1500.

What’s Gahana and B/R Are they countries?? Websites? Telegram groups? Applications? Flight agents?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ajayiolatunb: 1:30pm On May 27, 2023
Hello House,

Please I will to know if anyone has gotten US visa approved before, using solely mpower loan as sponsor.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 1:58pm On May 27, 2023
reigningme:

click here---Schedule appointment and follow the instruction. I was in the same shoe for over 3 weeks but I just realize that now but the date available for Lagos now from January 2024

Bro you dey US already na, wetin u dey find date for again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 6:16pm On May 27, 2023
I want to ask ,
Is it the same proof of funds used for I-20 form ,
Must be submitted at the embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 6:38pm On May 27, 2023
Can I use my brothers company account as POF or must it be personal account
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VTJN(m): 6:54pm On May 27, 2023
psrsx:
Good day house, please can one assist me with current GRE materials (2022/2023), especially for the verbal section? Is there also anything like a WhatsApp group for candidates preparing for GRE? Thanks
I sent you a mail bro. I'm also preparing for GRE. We can reason together
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ahmedgafar7(m): 7:56pm On May 27, 2023
Blegolicious:

Mine reflected the 4th day. I think 4 business days
thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TenaciousOrphan: 10:04pm On May 27, 2023
Hello all, if you answer No to this question ( Are there other persons traveling with you) on your DS-160, will it prevent your family from applying for F2?

I need responses please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:18am On May 28, 2023
No, but I would put yes there even if we are not all traveling the same day.

TenaciousOrphan:
Hello all, if you answer No to this question ( Are there other persons traveling with you) on your DS-160, will it prevent your family from applying for F2?

I need responses please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kenkamanu: 1:08am On May 28, 2023
Pls gurus in the house I need help, I was denied an emergency appointment date and my program starts August 20th, 2023 the interview date I got is Oct 23rd 2023. I requested an EA date and I was denied. Though I haven't paid the sevis fee before applying for the EA could that be the reason for the denial? Also will be possible to apply again, if yes how pls?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kenkamanu: 1:17am On May 28, 2023
freedomtours:

Me too 08037480823.
Also me 07066846811
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sharwama(f): 3:21am On May 28, 2023
Not necessarily, I mean it depends. For example, when requesting your I-20, if you used a POF indicating your dad as a sponsor, Your I-20 will reflect your dad’s name. So in this case, you need to go to the interview with a POF from your dad but now the statement can reflect more money in his account but never ever less money. If you used your personal money as POF, then you can show a personal bank statement upon request since you are self-sponsored. Of course you can have a combination of both.
But the oga kpatakpata of them all is this: Support whatever is on your I-20. If you have a deficit on your I-20, you must have a POF that can completely cover that and if possible, kukuma add jara on top. Sorry for the lengthy explanation, to type for computer just dey sweet me this night.
Best wishes!

Nzealibaba:
I want to ask ,
Is it the same proof of funds used for I-20 form ,
Must be submitted at the embassy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sharwama(f): 3:34am On May 28, 2023
Have you considered https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/613
It might be super helpful, particularly because people there appear pretty generous with study materials and tips. More importantly, it gives you a sense of belonging to a “community”.
Best wishes!

psrsx:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sharwama(f): 3:54am On May 28, 2023
Which kind admission dem give am for US? I mean, e high reach or pass masters as e be say the one e dey do for UK na small course, abi na bachelors you dey try describe and how many months remain for am to finish?
I dey ask because VO no dey like use ear hear say person run leave course, them go flag am as immigration risk, unless e get ogbonge reason. So e go sweet if he finish but nothing stops him from applying shaaa, he just needs to make a strong case and justify his decision. Usually, since UK, US, AU, and CA dey share information, once one of them give you visa, e no dey too hard for the other three to reason your matter as long as you dey legit. I wish your friend well ooo.
Collins4u1:
Hello Guys i need your candid opinion on this issue,

My friend recently got an admission in the United States but he's based in UK and is currently there for a program lower than Master's degree program. He has been thinking if applying for visa from UK will reduce his chances of getting one and even if he can apply from there. Please kindly make your input on this. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Phenomenal101: 10:11am On May 28, 2023
The ph.D assistantship I received from my dream school has a deficit of $15,000.
Can I renegotiate with my Supervisor to give me full funding if the offer letter he sent to you does not cover your full cost of attendance?

What is the best way to approach this.

Should I just settle for another school that offered an assistantship that covers most of the Cost of attendance for my Masters degree, with only a deficit of $3,500?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by psrsx: 11:32am On May 28, 2023
Alright that's cool

VTJN:
I sent you a mail bro. I'm also preparing for GRE. We can reason together
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by psrsx: 11:33am On May 28, 2023
Thanks very much
sharwama:
Have you considered https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/613
It might be super helpful, particularly because people there appear pretty generous with study materials and tips. More importantly, it gives you a sense of belonging to a “community”.
Best wishes!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Winas2: 3:16pm On May 28, 2023
Good afternoon. Please, add me to Abuja date search 07038505383. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 3:40pm On May 28, 2023
Hello everyone, on the 120 form will the person's concentration ( master's program) reflect? What if it is not indicated how does one defend this if asked during the interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 5:42pm On May 28, 2023
There is no way the program you are going to study will not be captured on your i-20.

If it's not in the i-20 the school send to you, contact the school immediately and have them correct it.

punchyy:
Hello everyone, on the 120 form will the person's concentration ( master's program) reflect? What if it is not indicated how does one defend this if asked during the interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Swimcsh: 8:50pm On May 28, 2023
Good evening Nairalander. Is it possible to change my interview date from Abuja to Lagos? Firstly I choose December as my interview date as that is the only available date and my course is to begin August this year, I was informed that they are available date for next month in Lagos. Please kindly help confirm this info and also ways I can go about the change of date/ location. A quick response is needed. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.