Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (688890 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 8:55pm On May 28, 2023
There is no way the program you are going to study will not be captured on your i-20.

If it's not in the i-20 the school send to you, contact the school immediately and have them correct it.

Alright thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by horlahsunbo225(m): 10:21pm On May 28, 2023

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blegolicious: 10:32pm On May 28, 2023
punchyy:
Hello everyone, on the 120 form will the person's concentration ( master's program) reflect? What if it is not indicated how does one defend this if asked during the interview?

In most cases, sevis name for your course is what reflects on your i20. Eg my course is Exceptional Learning concentration on Applied behavioural Analysis but Education is what reflected in my i20. My course in education department and that is the general sevis name for my course.
VO asked why PhD in Education, I told her all about Exceptional Learning in relation to education

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GirlyLois(f): 11:16pm On May 28, 2023
Hello good evening house ,i recently got my i20 ,paid the visa application fee ,filled my DS-160 and got my confirmation page but i couldn't schedule an appointment after everything or see available dates .Please gurus in the house should kindly advice me on what to do next or how to go about it .Thanks

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ifox(m): 11:21pm On May 28, 2023
GirlyLois:
Hello good evening house ,i recently got my i20 ,paid the visa application fee ,filled my DS-160 and got my confirmation page but i couldn't schedule an appointment after everything or see available dates .Please gurus in the house should kindly advice me on what to do next or how to go about it .Thanks
Please if you have any updates about how to go about this, please share
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by cobby14(m): 12:42am On May 29, 2023
Please is it compulsory for the sponsor to be related by blood or I can have someone who is not related by family be my sponsor. Do I stand a chance
mojolajesu:
Hey, you shouldn’t have even mentioned your sister at all.

Also, from my experience Loans are somewhat a red flag too. Avoid them as much as possible

So my advise is, get another sponsor, don’t use loans at all, and hope that the VO hasn’t put a serious note on your profile cause that your sister ish is a major red flag!

Are you married? Do you have kids here in 9ja? You need a very strong home tie as well.

Good luck to you

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 12:43am On May 29, 2023
In most cases, sevis name for your course is what reflects on your i20. Eg my course is Exceptional Learning concentration on Applied behavioural Analysis but Education is what reflected in my i20. My course in education department and that is the general sevis name for my course.
VO asked why PhD in Education, I told her all about Exceptional Learning in relation to education

Thank you for your input.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 6:46am On May 29, 2023
Me too please 09035676542.
greatmanuel24:
Please can someone add me lagos whatsapp group for visa date 07030628206..if none,let's create asap
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 6:58am On May 29, 2023
Please 🙏 add me to the Lagos visa date interview 09035676542
For emergency dates if possible 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by reigningme: 7:32am On May 29, 2023
Olawrites:

Bro you dey US already na, wetin u dey find date for again
For someone dear to me. A date for interview has been gotten bros
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lukobet: 8:03am On May 29, 2023
Ogundare26:
Please 🙏 add me to the Lagos visa date interview 09035676542
For emergency dates if possible 🙏

Me too 09057250335
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ebisign: 8:30am On May 29, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please I need insight on this situation for a close friend. She really needs to know her next steps.
If one has gotten a visa to go to one school for fall 2023 semester and travels and is yet to enroll in the school then the second school gives the person admission with more funding than the first school for the next semester which is spring 2024. Does the person have to enroll in the first school even though the first school is not giving any funding or Assistantship and is asking that the person has to pay the tuition deposit. Should she pay tuition while waiting for the second school to start enrollment? What can the person do in a situation like this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 8:49am On May 29, 2023
Me too please 09035676542
jasonmayowa:
Hello guys,

Can someone please add me: 08020330484, to any Lagos Visa interview appointment date search group chat(WhatsApp/Telegram). I will really appreciate any help I can get as soon as possible.

Regards.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ifox(m): 8:53am On May 29, 2023
GirlyLois:

This is my situation as well. Any idea of what to do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 8:59am On May 29, 2023
Please is anyone going to Cuyahoga community college for August resumption or has got admitted to study there ?
Let's chat on WhatsApp 09035676542

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 9:16am On May 29, 2023
Please can you add me to the dates search WhatsApp group
TEMIT0PE:
1. It's normal. Keep looking. Closer dates will appear. Join dates search whatsapp groups.

2. 60 days from the earliest admission date.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ogundare26: 9:41am On May 29, 2023
Please I need interview experience for undergraduate going to study in the us at community colleges,🙏 I heard going to community college interview are more harder
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Winas2: 10:33am On May 29, 2023
Good morning. Any WhatsApp group for date search for Abuja. Pls add me 07038505383.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 12:30pm On May 29, 2023
Please can someone add ,09074887878
to a Lagos date search group on WhatsApp?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lukobet: 1:47pm On May 29, 2023
Please can someone add me to the Lagos search Whatsapp group. 09057250335
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:03pm On May 29, 2023
If na me I go go the second school

Phenomenal101:
The ph.D assistantship I received from my dream school has a deficit of $15,000.
Can I renegotiate with my Supervisor to give me full funding if the offer letter he sent to you does not cover your full cost of attendance?

What is the best way to approach this.

Should I just settle for another school that offered an assistantship that covers most of the Cost of attendance for my Masters degree, with only a deficit of $3,500?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:13pm On May 29, 2023
They should transfer their SEVIS to the second school by themselves.
But if they choose to register in the first school they must pay the school fees for the semester attended and then ask for a transfer to the next school afterwards.
Ebisign:
Hello everyone,
Please I need insight on this situation for a close friend. She really needs to know her next steps.
If one has gotten a visa to go to one school for fall 2023 semester and travels and is yet to enroll in the school then the second school gives the person admission with more funding than the first school for the next semester which is spring 2024. Does the person have to enroll in the first school even though the first school is not giving any funding or Assistantship and is asking that the person has to pay the tuition deposit. Should she pay tuition while waiting for the second school to start enrollment? What can the person do in a situation like this?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Paccus: 6:47pm On May 29, 2023
Good day house, I am applying for Spring 2024, how long should the letter of recommendation from my lecturers be? Is one page sufficient?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ebisign: 9:35pm On May 29, 2023
chibertha:
But if they choose to register in the first school they must pay the school fees for the semester attended and then ask for a transfer to the next school afterwards.
If she transfers the sevis to the second school and decides not to enroll in the first school, classes will not start in the second school till January. Will she be allowed to stay in the country without being enrolled in any school? Her visa is carrying the name of the first school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 3:08am On May 30, 2023
Ebisign:

If she transfers the sevis to the second school and decides not to enroll in the first school, classes will not start in the second school till January. Will she be allowed to stay in the country without being enrolled in any school? Her visa is carrying the name of the first school.
You’re out of status once you’re not enrolled in school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bigolly(m): 6:53am On May 30, 2023
Please what are the schools I can get admitted for masters directly with 2.2 that doesn’t require GRE test?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Babbeeyy: 7:42am On May 30, 2023
I’ve been a silent reader on this platform and a lot of transcripts here have helped me, so I’d also be sharing mine. I was the 5th person to be interviewed but the 1st one to be interviewed by the VO that attended to me.
She was a black American lady with small pink lips🥰
Immediately she opened her window she called me to come forward, which I did.

Visa Transcript
May 26th, Abuja
Appointment time: 7:30am
Interview duration: 1 minutes( at most)
COA : $61,000

Me: Good morning mam
VO: Good morning

VO: Have you traveled before?
Me: No, I haven’t

VO: Pass me your i20
Me: (passes it to her)

VO: What are your plans with this degree in this school?
Me: Studying sociology will help me in acquiring more knowledge in social theories, critical thinking and data analysis, this will help me in achieving my career goal which is to take up a job with *****. The current CEO of ***** is someone I met when I volunteered to work with **** in sensitizing women about the dangers and preventions of sexual exploitation. Upon the end of my voluntary work I was promised a position and I look forward to graduating in time and coming back to focus on that. It’s also one of my career goal to start up an NGO that would focus on the prohibition of human trafficking in women and young girls specifically, It is also very important for me to be close to my aging mom who isn’t getting any younger.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: I would be sponsored by a family friend whom I have known since childhood, when the need for me to school abroad came up he had a conversation with my mom and offered to sponsor me in honor of the relationship that both families share

VO: What does your sponsor do
Me: He’s a software engineer by profession and works with Microsoft, he also owns an Africa food store in the US

VO: What do you do?
Me: I am currently a student at the university of ***** but due to the incessant strike it became necessary for me to school in a more predictable academic environment, hence the need to school abroad.
(VO nods in approval to my ds 160)

VO: Where would you be staying?
Me: I will be staying with my sponsor until my on-campus accommodation is sorted out.

VO: When did you graduate high school?
Me: I graduated high school in 2018 and gained admission in 2019(VO nods again)

VO: When is your program start date?
Me: Uhhhmmm(I really did this, I thought about it for like two secs) August, August 20th to be precise.

VO: Do you have any friends or family in the US?
Me: No, just my sponsor.

VO: Do you have siblings?
Me: Yes, I have two siblings

VO: Older or younger?
Me: Older. I am the last

VO: Where are they?
Me: My brother is in Lagos and my sister is here in Abuja

VO: What do they do?
Me: My Sister works with **** and my brother works with ****
VO: Typing….. (and then proceeds to pass me my i20 without my passport but I didn’t notice she added the white paper to the i20) keeps typing..
Your visa has been approved( proceeds to tell me how I can collect it and saying something relating to the white paper but I didn’t hear.)
Me: Thank you mam, thank you( she smiles and then I walk away)

Note: From my experience, she didn’t ask for any documents or any proof, she seemed to be paying more tension to what I was saying and what I filled in my ds160. I noticed that whenever I said something corresponding to what I filled in my ds 160 she’d nod her head and with all these questions my interview still didn’t last up to 1min highest I’d say 45secs.
Thank you all for assisting me without even knowing it🙏🏾

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ebisign: 8:58am On May 30, 2023
BigIyanga:

You’re out of status once you’re not enrolled in school.
Thanks for your response. It was helpful.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ebisign: 8:59am On May 30, 2023
chibertha:
Thanks for your response. It was helpful.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sammieking77: 9:55am On May 30, 2023
Good morning fam,
Please I will appreciate it if I can be added to the Abuja visa date search group
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dgabby01: 10:12am On May 30, 2023
Hello everyone! Please I need some guidance.... On my First interview my family was my sponsor but I made a mistake on my ds160 and filled self as sponsor and I was denied. Please will it affect me on my second attempt? I have corrected the mistake on this my second attempt.
Please your ideas will be much helpful.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Swimcsh: 10:25am On May 30, 2023
@ all the Gurus in the house. Please this is super urgent. Your input will be appreciate. Thanks
Swimcsh:
Good evening Nairalander. Is it possible to change my interview date from Abuja to Lagos? Firstly I choose December as my interview date as that is the only available date and my course is to begin August this year, I was informed that they are available date for next month in Lagos. Please kindly help confirm this info and also ways I can go about the change of date/ location. A quick response is needed. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (535) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: log1(m), Michaelcoolid88, ABidemi444 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.