Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (682913 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mabulous42(m): 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
Please anybody with link to Lagos date search, pls kindly add me 08073132193 and also who is going to University of Central Oklahoma this Fall 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by IfeoluwaPelumi7: 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hi Everyone, pls I need help sourcing for a visa interview appointment date. My program starts 21st of August but the date I’m seeing are after the start date. Pls, if you can help, kindly reach me on +2348069318087 Thank you and God Bless you!❤️
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Felicidad: 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2023
Abuja candidates abeg where una deyooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Niftyci: 1:05am On Jul 10, 2023
Please what are the medical tests/documents that are necessary to have for a US Student Visa interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dolphinsky: 1:17am On Jul 10, 2023
Hello, I need help deciding which embassy location is better to interview at Abuja or Lagos? is Abuja more lenient than Lagos? This is for my sister's student visa. Also, what can we do if we can't get an appointment before the start date. For context she starts school in December but can't get a date in Abuja before then. Please help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheExclusive: 4:49am On Jul 10, 2023
dolphinsky:
Hello, I need help deciding which embassy location is better to interview at Abuja or Lagos? is Abuja more lenient than Lagos? This is for my sister's student visa. Also, what can we do if we can't get an appointment before the start date. For context she starts school in December but can't get a date in Abuja before then. Please help
Lagos has october dates now. Go and take it immediately

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Usainterviews: 10:58am On Jul 10, 2023
Preparing for f1 interview - check this mock question and answers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7TBZn1Dtzs

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 11:06am On Jul 10, 2023
You don’t need any medicals for the interview. When you get your visa approved, you can start bothering about medicals before leaving for the US

Niftyci:
Please what are the medical tests/documents that are necessary to have for a US Student Visa interview?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lordcrixus: 11:09am On Jul 10, 2023
Dear all,
Please anyone with an idea of where to register for ACT exam in lagos.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2023
#copied
Visa denied
First attempt

White chubby lady
Lagos embassy

Deficit 32k

IS school of business

Vo: pass me your documents
Me: here they are..
Vo: what do you do
Me: I work as a Senior associate at Xyz, one of the world leading largest audit and consulting firm. I lead teams in audit and also manage client portfolio, my client cut across the asset management sector, the fintech sector, the insurance sector and the banking sector.

Why an MBA: I have been selected for manager position by the partners of my firm and an MBA is prerequisites to attain to the role.

VO: I am quite impressed with your profile
ME: thank you ma

VO: how will you b funding your deficit
Me: I will be funding my deficit from two sources which an $18,000 personal funds which is a combination of $5k personal savings which I saved having worked for 5years in the financial services industry and a $13k approved educational loan that a 9month moratorium and a10year repayment plan which I will b paying after my MBA.

The second sources will b financed by my Dad..he is the managing director of drock ventures working in collaboration with the Nigerian port authority. He helps client to clear imported cars and electronic gadgets from the Nigerian port.he earns an annual income of 65million with a staff strength of 20 people.

Lastly I will getting a 60% paid study leave from my organization upon the approval of visa that serves as bond between Me and my organization

VO: type for some minutes.. And she said everything looks good..she handed me the white paper...I was not thinking because I was happy..

As I was leaving the VO called me back and asked me can I see your i20 again and I showed her..
VO: is this loan an Mpower loan
Me: yes ma..

VO: sorry u did not qualify for this visa..she then collected the white paper that she had already given me and then gave me a blue paper
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
#copied
VISA DENIED😞
4th ATTEMPT!!
LAGOS EMBASSY
MAN IN WINDOW 2
COA: 30,583
FUNDING: 17,100
DEFICIT: 13,483
SCHOOL: SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY

ME: HELLO, GOOD MORNING( WITH A SMILE)
VO: GOOD MORNING, PASS YOUR DOCUMENTS
(I PASSED IT)
VO: WHAT SCHOOL ARE YOU GOING ?
ME: SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY IN HAMMOND LOUISIANA
VO: OH OKAY (THEN HE SCANNED THE BARCODE ON MY PASSPORT TO OPEN MY DS160)
VO: MADAM! THIS IS THE FOURTH TIME WE ARE ACTUALLY SEEING YOU HERE( LOOKING ME IN THE EYE AND SIPPING HIS COFFEE)
ME: YES SIR… I…(CUTS ME OFF)
VO: I’LL BE GIVING YOU 10 SECONDS TO TELL ME WHAT HAS CHANGED
ME: ( I WAS LIKE JESUS 😭)…. TO HAVE A MORE DEVELOPED PROFILE PRIOR TO THIS INTERVIEW, MY MOTHER WHO IS MY SPONSOR ATTEMPTED TO COVER MY DEFICIT OF 13,400… ( CUTS ME OFF)
VO: NO, YOUR DEFICIT IS 14,400 NOT 13,400
ME: SIR, IT’S 13,400( HE WAS NOT CALCULATING IT WELL )
VO: IT’S 14,400 BUT IT’S STILL THE SAME SO CONTINUE
ME: TO HAVE A MORE DEVELOPED PROFILE PRIOR TO THIS INTERVIEW, MY MOTHER WHO IS MY SPONSOR ATTEMPTED TO COVER MY DEFICIT OF 13,400 BUT THE SCHOOL STATED THAT THEY DO NOT HOLD STUDENT CREDIT AND WE SHOULD WAIT TILL THE FEES ARE POSTED ON MY PORTAL. HOWEVER THE ONLY FEE THAT WAS AVAILABLE FOR PAYMENT WAS MY HOUSING RESERVATION FEE OF 400USD AND SHE HAS COVERED IT.
VO: SO NOTHING HAS ACTUALLY CHANGED?
VO: HAS YOUR SCHOLARSHIP INCREASED SINCE YOUR LAST INTERVIEW?( POINTING AT MY I-20)
ME: NO SIR
VO: HAS YOUR SCHOOL CHANGED SINCE YOUR LAST INTERVIEW?
ME: NO SIR
VO? HAVE TRAVELED TO ANYWHERE SINCE YOUR LAST INTERVIEW?
ME: NO SIR( I REALLY DON’T KNOW WHY HE ASKED THIS)
VO: SO THERE IS ACTUALLY NO CHANGE ( TYPES FOR A BIT)
VO: YOU DO NOT MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR A US VISA( HANDS ME BLUE PAPER)
ME: I WAS REALLY PISSED I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW WHEN I ASKED “ PLEASE WHAT QUALIFICATIONS?”
VO: GO TO OUR WEBSITE AND READ THE QUALIFICATIONS!!!
VO: PLEASE DO NOT REAPPLY UNTIL YOU HAVE CHANGED SOMETHING.
I JUST LEFT….

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blavkz: 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
Which medicals would I need to do before leaving apart from the one requested by the school?
mojolajesu:
You don’t need any medicals for the interview. When you get your visa approved, you can start bothering about medicals before leaving for the US

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vibesofficial: 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
Good day house,
I have a friend in the us sending me the money for my proof of funds. How can I present my case and how can this impact on my chances? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2023
Omoh...this is surely the work of the devil. You suppose don yaa danu, i.e runaway...

Sisib15:
#copied
Visa denied
First attempt

White chubby lady
Lagos embassy

Deficit 32k

IS school of business

Me: I work as a Senior associate at Xyz, one of the world leading largest audit and consulting firm. I lead teams in audit and also manage client portfolio, my client cut across the asset management sector, the fintech sector, the insurance sector and the banking sector.

Why an MBA: I have been selected for manager position by the partners of my firm and an MBA is prerequisites to attain to the role.

Me: I will be funding my deficit from two sources which an $18,000 personal funds which is a combination of $5k personal savings which I saved having worked for 5years in the financial services industry and a $13k approved educational loan that a 9month moratorium and a10year repayment plan which I will b paying after my MBA.

The second sources will b financed by my Dad..he is the managing director of drock ventures working in collaboration with the Nigerian port authority. He helps client to clear imported cars and electronic gadgets from the Nigerian port.he earns an annual income of 65million with a staff strength of 20 people.

Lastly I will getting a 60% paid study leave from my organization upon the approval of visa that serves as bond between Me and my organization

VO: type for some minutes.. And she said everything looks good..she handed me the white paper...I was not thinking because I was happy..

As I was leaving the VO called me back and asked me can I see your i20 again and I showed her..

VO: sorry u did not qualify for this visa..she then collected the white paper that she had already given me and then gave me a blue paper

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2023
I feel really sorry for you about this.

without thinking too much, I know what happened to your application.

The 10-year payment plan is a red flag unless you prove that you have the capacity to pay back when you come back to 9ja which most times doesn't go through.

The VO got so impressed with your profile that she forgot to ask you where is the source of the loan. If you had said no to the MPOWER question and had another source that is not US based, you would have scaled through.

My Advice:
When next you are able to try, use your father as the sole sponsor. you can also add your personal funds but forget the LOAN.

from my research so far, only 2 out of 20 people get approved with loans(especially MPOWER). I have been a victim too. so I am speaking from experince.

if you need more insight into this, I will be happy to help you.
Best of Luck.

Sisib15:
#copied
Visa denied
First attempt

White chubby lady
Lagos embassy

Deficit 32k

IS school of business

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
Since the MPower loan was a red flag this time, more scrutiny might be paid to your source of income the next time you apply. Especially if you get rid of the loan. So you may want to go with all manner of financial support documents.
All the best.

mojolajesu:
I feel really sorry for you about this.

without thinking too much, I know what happened to your application.

The 10-year payment plan is a red flag unless you prove that you have the capacity to pay back when you come back to 9ja which most times doesn't go through.

The VO got so impressed with your profile that she forgot to ask you where is the source of the loan. If you had said no to the MPOWER question and had another source that is not US based, you would have scaled through.

My Advice:
When next you are able to try, use your father as the sole sponsor. you can also add your personal funds but forget the LOAN.

from my research so far, only 2 out of 20 people get approved with loans(especially MPOWER). I have been a victim too. so I am speaking from experince.

if you need more insight into this, I will be happy to help you.
Best of Luck.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2023
Please do I go to the embassy with physical proof of funds . Or can I send it directly from the bank.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
go with the hard copy

Nzealibaba:
Please do I go to the embassy with physical proof of funds . Or can I send it directly from the bank.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by maangel01: 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
My Cousin is preparing to travel for his Masters. He said that he needs to get a date but he is required to pay a service charge of about #300k before paying another #300k to get an emergency visa interview Date. I just stumbled on this threat and want to confirm whether this is needed as I don’t want him to be scammed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2023
maangel01:
My Cousin is preparing to travel for his Masters. He said that he needs to get a date but he is required to pay a service charge of about #300k before paying another #300k to get an emergency visa interview Date. I just stumbled on this threat and want to confirm whether this is needed as I don’t want him to be scammed.
Scam!!! nobody pays 600k for interview date

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2023
That scammer must have thought he has hit the jackpot! What effrontery! 600k...haba baba

maangel01:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 5:56pm On Jul 10, 2023
I want to assume the first 300k is for SEVIS FEE and the other is for date.

the truth is that there are a lot of agent scammers out there who collect money without getting date.

My Advice:

Ask him to confirm if the first 300k is for SEVIS. if he says yes, ask how he plans yo pay it. That fee can only be paid from the US.

secondly, for the emergency date fee, tell him to get the date first and the if you see it, you can pay him.
maangel01:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itoski(m): 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2023
maangel01:

Let's start from the beginning.
Who helped in processing his admission?
Has he paid the SEVIS fee or visa fee??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Felicidad: 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
maangel01:

Scam scam

Runnnnn
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eventus31: 11:58pm On Jul 10, 2023
Hello people. I need help!!! I have been trying to study for my GRE it’s so daunting I don’t know what to do. Any tips, tricks, techniques or idea you may want to share to help me I will so much appreciate. Thank you🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Niftyci: 12:12am On Jul 11, 2023
Okay, but what are the medicals needed before leaving for the US?

mojolajesu:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 5:36am On Jul 11, 2023
The heath forms from your school
Niftyci:
Okay, but what are the medicals needed before leaving for the US?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nanthediverse: 5:42am On Jul 11, 2023
Hello, please who is coming to Dallas this fall, i am looking for someone to sublease an apartment with.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OjoIbukun515: 8:37am On Jul 11, 2023
Good morning guys. I am new here, please. I am about to fill my visa application, which one do you think is best between Abuja and Lagos?

Also, if there is a WhatsApp group kindly add me up: 07066473270.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 9:17am On Jul 11, 2023
Date; July 10th 2023 (yesterday)
Lagos Consulate
Window 1 - Middle aged bearded dude
Scholarship: 50%
Deficit: Self-funded
First attempt for F1 visa

Me; Good morning (while passing my passport and I-20 to him before being asked)
VO: Good morning. What are you going to study?

Me: I'm going to study for my Master of *** at the *** School of Public and International Affairs at *** University with a dual concentration in *** and ***. And that's the major reason I accepted the school offer ahead of other admissions I got from Cornell, Syracuse, and Brandeis Universities. I need the dual concentration to equip me with a complete skillset for my career trajectory.

VO: I see you've got a 50% scholarship. So who's covering the deficit?
Me: I will cover the deficit. I do quite a number of things. I am the program manager at a civic tech organisation focused on ..., I have a cottage processing plant which processes ... (I was stating everything I do, but he cut in. He did not even ask how much I was earning and me too I did not tell him)

VO: How old are you?
Me: ***

VO: Are you married?
Me: Nope, but soon to be engaged (I was not even sure he heard the engagement part)

VO: I see you were in the US some years ago. What was that for?
Me: I was there for ***( I stated all the positive reasons I was there for while he was typing)

VO continued typing for a few seconds and then looked up at me.

VO: Congratulations you qualify for a US visa.
I collected my white paper and yaa danu

This page has been helpful during this process. Thanks to everybody.
I wish success to those with upcoming interviews.

Before going for your interview, please watch Argo visa interview videos on youtube if you haven't done so already. They are super helpful.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vibesofficial: 9:38am On Jul 11, 2023
Good day house,
I have a friend in the us sending me the money for my proof of funds. How can I present my case and how can this impact on my chances?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 10:37am On Jul 11, 2023
Lol
Worst transcript ever. You had to hide the name of your school and the course you are going for. In this age...
You shouldn't have shared your transcript because there is nothing beneficial in it.

Teddiement:
Date; July 10th 2023 (yesterday)
Lagos Consulate
Window 1 - Middle aged bearded dude
Scholarship: 50%
Deficit: Self-funded
First attempt for F1 visa

Me; Good morning (while passing my passport and I-20 to him before being asked)
VO: Good morning. What are you going to study?

Me: I'm going to study for my Master of *** at the *** School of Public and International Affairs at *** University with a dual concentration in *** and ***. And that's the major reason I accepted the school offer ahead of other admissions I got from Cornell, Syracuse, and Brandeis Universities. I need the dual concentration to equip me with a complete skillset for my career trajectory.

VO: I see you've got a 50% scholarship. So who's covering the deficit?
Me: I will cover the deficit. I do quite a number of things. I am the program manager at a civic tech organisation focused on ..., I have a cottage processing plant which processes ... (I was stating everything I do, but he cut in. He did not even ask how much I was earning and me too I did not tell him)

VO: How old are you?
Me: ***

VO: Are you married?
Me: Nope, but soon to be engaged (I was not even sure he heard the engagement part)

VO: I see you were in the US some years ago. What was that for?
Me: I was there for ***( I stated all the positive reasons I was there for while he was typing)

VO continued typing for a few seconds and then looked up at me.

VO: Congratulations you qualify for a US visa.
I collected my white paper and yaa danu

This page has been helpful during this process. Thanks to everybody.
I wish success to those with upcoming interviews.

Before going for your interview, please watch Argo visa interview videos on youtube if you haven't done so already. They are super helpful.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (532) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: Immunity04 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 270
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.