Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (696323 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Barbie25: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2023
Felicidad:
Please is there any one for Texas that has been admitted for Masters?

Yes, which of the Texas university?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Felicidad: 11:07am On Jul 11, 2023
Barbie25:
Yes, which of the Texas university?
TTU O

PLS MY NUMBER IS 07031087088 LETS MEET ABEG
whatsapp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Felicidad: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2023
PLS O MY PEOPLE I HAVE AN IMPORTANT UESTION O

WHEN I LOG INTO MY VISA PORTAL, JUST RECENTLY O THE MENU THAT APPEARS ON TYHE LEFT HAND SIDE ISNT THERE ANYMORE LIKE
I NOTHING I SHOWING IS IT TECHNICAL ISSUES OR STH ELSE

IM WORRIED
THANKS
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vibesofficial: 11:47am On Jul 11, 2023
Good day Everyone,
I have a friend in the us sending me the money for my proof of funds. How can I present my case and how can this impact on my chances?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 11:48am On Jul 11, 2023
So the missing names are the only things you could take out of it. You feel entitled to information which for personal reasons (reasons you aren't privy to) I did not want to share.
Wow...just wow. Entitlement is a disease whose cure is everywhere, but its sufferers do not know they need it!

Sisib15:
Lol
Worst transcript ever. You had to hide the name of your school and the course you are going for. In this age...
You shouldn't have shared your transcript because there is nothing beneficial in it.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2023
It may be network issues. Keep trying.

Felicidad:
PLS O MY PEOPLE I HAVE AN IMPORTANT UESTION O

WHEN I LOG INTO MY VISA PORTAL, JUST RECENTLY O THE MENU THAT APPEARS ON TYHE LEFT HAND SIDE ISNT THERE ANYMORE LIKE
I NOTHING I SHOWING IS IT TECHNICAL ISSUES OR STH ELSE

IM WORRIED
THANKS
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AUgucci: 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
Is date available in abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kimpoyo13: 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2023
Good day house, kindly analyze my friend's transcript. She got a blue slip this morning, your honest assessment and encouragement would be appreciated. Personally I feel it was the loan and post study plan part that didn't go well due to her nervousness.

Embassy: Lagos
Attempt: 1st
School: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Course: Masters in Accounting
Funding: Partially funded scholarship
Date: 11th July, 2023

Vo-pass me your I-20 (She did)
Vo-what do you currently do
Me-i work as a transaction officer at access bank plc where I am saddled with the- (vo cuts in)
Vo-i can see you have a scholarship,how do you want to fund the deficit.
Me- I have a personal funds which came as a form of loan from MPOWER with a repayment plan of 134 months. Ist five month repayment plan is 284 starting September (note,she allowed me finished this explanation)
Vo-why did you choose umich
Me- I choose umich for 2reasons aside from the fact that it's a top public university in usa and 2 of my top management staff are alumni.(note she gave me listening ears ,but I started shaking)
1.umich curriculum offer me more than class room teaching,I have been scheduled for an expense paid trip to DC,where I will have a better understanding on how Accounting policies shapes business decisions(at this point ,she cuts me)
Vo-are you married
Me No,butt(vo cuts in)
Vo-Do you have anyone in the USA
Me-No
Vo-what is your post graduate plan
Me-upon the successful completion of my masters in accounting, it will equip me with the skil and experience for my long term success and also build an impressive and attractive profile (vo cuts in)
And the denial word came
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:25pm On Jul 11, 2023
Lol
Entitlement is a diseases says someone that has been on nairaland looking for other people's transcript to learn from. Even the process, I'm sure you got it from other people's experience, the verification of the school and all enquiries, it was other people transcript that helped you to make an informed decision.
Stop all the talk about entitlement, stop giving people half-baked information
Teddiement:
So the missing names are the only things you could take out of it. You feel entitled to information which for personal reasons (reasons you aren't privy to) I did not want to share.
Wow...just wow. Entitlement is a disease whose cure is everywhere, but its sufferers do not know they need it!

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
It could be the funding part, most times, VOs frown upon Loans. You can use yourself as the sponsor if you have 5_10 years working experience, you can also use your parents as the sponsor, but Mpower loan is a redflag at times.
Your friend should fire back and she may get it in her next attempt but this time with a significant change in her approach
kimpoyo13:
Good day house, kindly analyze my friend's transcript. She got a blue slip this morning, your honest assessment and encouragement would be appreciated. Personally I feel it was the loan and post study plan part that didn't go well due to her nervousness.

Me-i work as a transaction officer at access bank plc where I am saddled with the- (vo cuts in)
Me- I have a personal funds which came as a form of loan from MPOWER with a repayment plan of 134 months. Ist five month repayment plan is 284 starting September (note,she allowed me finished this explanation)
Me- I choose umich for 2reasons aside from the fact that it's a top public university in usa and 2 of my top management staff are alumni.(note she gave me listening ears ,but I started shaking)
1.umich curriculum offer me more than class room teaching,I have been scheduled for an expense paid trip to DC,where I will have a better understanding on how Accounting policies shapes business decisions(at this point ,she cuts me)
Vo-are you married
Me No,butt(vo cuts in)
Me-No
Me-upon the successful completion of my masters in accounting, it will equip me with the skil and experience for my long term success and also build an impressive and attractive profile (vo cuts in)
And the denial word came

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Current27(m): 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2023
Yes it's required but sometimes they don't ask of it.
AZzoe:

Please someone should help answer... thank you 🙏🏽
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2023
So recently, I was in an argument with someone about this loan thing and he said he has had people who scaled through the loan. according to him, they even had less than 5 years work experince.

Sometimes, one might not be able to predict the reason for the denial however, from this transcript, I will advise the person to work on her confidence, if possible, don't use loan again, work on your responses too. they are too generic in my opinion.

for instance, the response to that Post Graduate plan is too plain. She should be able to precisely articulate how the course will help her return to 9ja to continue bleep for bleep reason and so on.

Then saying you chose a school because it is a top public university is not convincing enough in my opinion. for instance could say

"I chose umich because it came highly recommended from 2 top management staffs in my company who are alumni of the school and they also referred you to their professor who you have been in touch with for the past 2-3 months and he has been very responsive..."

Generally, she should work on her responses.

I hope this helps

kimpoyo13:

Vo-are you married
Me No,butt(vo cuts in)
Me-No
And the denial word came

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 3:31pm On Jul 11, 2023
Please house , how can I pay the sevis fee .
The banks said they only receive through western union, that I can’t send .
And the person abroad who wants to help me , said he can’t go to the western union office , he can only pay with his card .
Please I need help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SummationO(m): 3:31pm On Jul 11, 2023
That your reason for choosing the school worth standing ovation. Thanks

mojolajesu:
So recently, I was in an argument with someone about this loan thing and he said he has had people who scaled through the loan. according to him, they even had less than 5 years work experince.

Sometimes, one might not be able to predict the reason for the denial however, from this transcript, I will advise the person to work on her confidence, if possible, don't use loan again, work on your responses too. they are too generic in my opinion.

for instance, the response to that Post Graduate plan is too plain. She should be able to precisely articulate how the course will help her return to 9ja to continue bleep for bleep reason and so on.

Then saying you chose a school because it is a top public university is not convincing enough in my opinion. for instance could say

"I chose umich because it came highly recommended from 2 top management staffs in my company who are alumni of the school and they also referred you to their professor who you have been in touch with for the past 2-3 months and he has been very responsive..."

I hope this helps

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OLAOLUWA92: 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2023
[quote author=justwise post=114115612][/quote]

please I need your advice on my wife's F2 Visa application. I got my VISA approved on 17th May 2022, we got married on 21st July 2022 and I left Nigeria on the 4th August 2022. We got married 2 weeks before I left Nigeria......she has currently done change of name......her passport carries my name and we have all the marriage documents and all

My wife went for her F2 VISA interview today 11th of July (this morning ) in Lagos.....she was denied

I have a fully funded Ph.D. that covers for her without any deficit, she's a medical laboratory scientist in Nigeria with good earnings, so I think to some extent we have a good profile

She told me she answers all the questions confidently...but the VO keep repeating

" You married in July and he left in August?"
"You married 2 weeks before he left Nigeria"
"You got married after his VISA interview "
"So did you guys leave together before he left "

Her response to the question was "Our wedding date have been fixed before his interview, our families have met, we, ve had an introduction between the two families and right there our wedding date has been fixed, we have sent out our wedding IV and preparation for our wedding has been ongoing before his interview"

She said she answers all the questions she asked her but she kept repeating the questions on the time of marriage....it's obvious she's having issues with how our wedding goes ( maybe how close to my departure date)

Our wedding should be one year in a few weeks.....she has really been so depressed..... I'm planning to apply for another VISA interview immediately and maybe she should go to Abuja now thou date has been the issue.

Please I want to ask, can re-apply immediately?

Please how best can we answer these questions revolving around our wedding?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kimpoyo13: 3:47pm On Jul 11, 2023
Your reason for choosing Umich is top notch I must say. I had similar reservations with the responses too, thank you so much.

mojolajesu:

I hope this helps

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OLAOLUWA92: 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2023
Please I need your advice on my wife's F2 Visa application. I got my VISA approved on 17th May 2022, we got married on 21st July 2022 and I left Nigeria on the 4th August 2022. We got married 2 weeks before I left Nigeria......she has currently done change of name......her passport carries my name and we have all the marriage documents and all

My wife went for her F2 VISA interview today 11th of July (this morning ) in Lagos.....she was denied

I have a fully funded Ph.D. that covers for her without any deficit, she's a medical laboratory scientist in Nigeria with good earnings, so I think to some extent we have a good profile

She told me she answers all the questions confidently...but the VO keep repeating

Her response to the question was "Our wedding date have been fixed before his interview, our families have met, we, ve had an introduction between the two families and right there our wedding date has been fixed, we have sent out our wedding IV and preparation for our wedding has been ongoing before his interview"

She said she answers all the questions she asked her but she kept repeating the questions on the time of marriage....it's obvious she's having issues with how our wedding goes ( maybe how close to my departure date)

Our wedding should be one year in a few weeks.....she has really been so depressed..... I'm planning to apply for another VISA interview immediately and maybe she should go to Abuja now thou date has been the issue.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AUgucci: 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2023
OLAOLUWA92:

Please I need your advice on my wife's F2 Visa application. I got my VISA approved on 17th May 2022, we got married on 21st July 2022 and I left Nigeria on the 4th August 2022. We got married 2 weeks before I left Nigeria......she has currently done change of name......her passport carries my name and we have all the marriage documents and all

It's Nigeria thing to be married traditionally, we ware officially married as far as the families is concerned, then had to fix our official wedding to later date. Full stopppp

Moral, this kind of question don't need alot of response otherwise the vo would thing you are trying to defend something fishy.

Then in other related question include how you miss your husband, and how you wish to have kids together as soon as possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rerhji(m): 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2023
Pls, anyone here used pay4me to pay SEVIS fee. How long does it take
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OLAOLUWA92: 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2023
Thank you so much for your response

AUgucci:

It's Nigeria thing to be married traditionally, we ware officially married as far as the families is concerned, then had to fix our official wedding to later date. Full stopppp

Moral, this kind of question don't need alot of response otherwise the vo would thing you are trying to defend something fishy.

Then in other related question include how you miss your husband, and how you wish to have kids together as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 6:42pm On Jul 11, 2023
While trying to book an appointment, I didn't get to see the option Regular or Previously denied to choose from, I went ahead and picked the date I saw. My appointment carries Regular. Who has experienced this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zino89: 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2023
I just got admitted to wingate university (undergraduate) without LOA

there’s a place where they wrote “reserve your spot “I’m to pay $300 dollars for enrollment deposit..I click on it fill in my name and email but it didn’t accept my date of birth saying it doesn’t match please how do I go about it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by broshowfar: 7:43pm On Jul 11, 2023
Please does anyone know how to help? Admissions for fall are in august and the only date available for visa interview is October 4th. Is there anything that can be done or the admissions should be deferred? Someone is proposing paying an agent for a closer date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Niftyci: 7:50pm On Jul 11, 2023
The program start date on my I-20 is 3rd August 2023 but the class start date is 22nd August 2023 and my Visa interview is 14th August 2023. Do I need to defer attendance and request for another I-20 spring session or I'm good to go?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AZzoe: 8:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
Current27:

Okay thank you 🙏🏽
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AZzoe: 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2023
Current27:

Okay thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AZzoe: 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2023
Niftyci:
The program start date on my I-20 is 3rd August 2023 but the class start date is 22nd August 2023 and my Visa interview is 14th August 2023. Do I need to defer attendance and request for another I-20 spring session or I'm good to go?

I think you are good to go if you can arrive ur school before 22nd...or before orientation (you didn't mention the date for orientation. This event is very important)...that is to say that you have your flight tickets money, and every necessary preparation ready at hand, so that once your visa is approved, you are traveling almost immediately

And I was told that once your start date passes, you won't be allowed into the US...except maybe your school accepted your late resumption and has given you a letter to show for it...

My thoughts shaaa..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AZzoe: 9:03pm On Jul 11, 2023
broshowfar:
Please does anyone know how to help? Admissions for fall are in august and the only date available for visa interview is October 4th. Is there anything that can be done or the admissions should be deferred? Someone is proposing paying an agent for a closer date.

You could apply for EA, if you haven't.
I don't know shaa my thoughts....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Muyiwa774: 9:22am On Jul 12, 2023
Use Pay4me app to make the SEVIS fee payment

Nzealibaba:
Please house , how can I pay the sevis fee .
The banks said they only receive through western union, that I can’t send .
And the person abroad who wants to help me , said he can’t go to the western union office , he can only pay with his card .
Please I need help

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Dike987, missidy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.