Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,062 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (683381 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 11:56am On Jul 12, 2023
Kindly use the "Emergency Request"option on your portal if you haven't done so already.

broshowfar:
Please does anyone know how to help? Admissions for fall are in august and the only date available for visa interview is October 4th. Is there anything that can be done or the admissions should be deferred? Someone is proposing paying an agent for a closer date.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by broshowfar: 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
The EA was also refused. Is there any other way out?
Teddiement:
Kindly use the "Emergency Request"option on your portal if you haven't done so already.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MrJoseph92: 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2023
rerhji:
Pls, anyone here used pay4me to pay SEVIS fee. How long does it take

about 1-2 working days or less.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Storm4all: 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2023
Please kindly add me to the interview preparation forum and the interview date search forum too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teddiement: 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2023
broshowfar:
The EA was also refused. Is there any other way out?

Just be on the lookout for more favourable dates.
You can check for favourable dates by clicking the 'cancel appointment' button which takes you to the cancel appointment page. The page shows you the earliest available date. If the date is good for you, simply go back to the 'reschedule appointment' page and then reschedule. Pls, don't cancel your appointment ooo. Just leave the page.
If the date is not good enough, simply log out. You may do this severally in a day without the risk of having your account frozen for 3 days!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kemmiiee: 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hello all, I just logged into my UStraveldocs portal and the earliest date I saw was November 8. I just closed the tab and did not bother to select. I have a couple of questions though:

1. Is it possible to still see an earlier date like August later? My start date is September 5

2. Should I just pick the earliest date and apply for Emergency appointment?

Thanks in advance

p.s. Can somebody please post the link to a Lagos date search group? Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MrJoseph92: 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
Nzealibaba:
Please can I pay sevis fee 350dollars from a Nigerian bank like gtbank

No. But you can use online platforms like Pay4Me app. Search them on Google for more details
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2023
Lagos released july date yesterday. Please join search date group
Kemmiiee:
Hello all, I just logged into my UStraveldocs portal and the earliest date I saw was November 8. I just closed the tab and did not bother to select. I have a couple of questions though:

1. Is it possible to still see an earlier date like August later? My start date is September 5

Thanks in advance

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheExclusive: 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2023
Please ooo, I created a profile in Abuja and selected appointment date. I also applied for EA immediately but have not received any emails since I created the profile.

Any body with same experience? What do I do next?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2023
Guys,

You can join mock session here. We have it everyday from 8-9pm 9ja time

https:///Du9Zq5xaDbH6KJaRIzVYyn

Storm4all:
Please kindly add me to the interview preparation forum and the interview date search forum too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2023
From the trend of things, Abuja EA response takes 3-4 weeks.

Lagos takes 2-3 working days

NB: this is just an observation from people who have gotten responses so far.

This is my third week and I haven’t heard from Abuja yet.
TheExclusive:
Please ooo, I created a profile in Abuja and selected appointment date. I also applied for EA immediately but have not received any emails since I created the profile.

Any body with same experience? What do I do next?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Beloved101: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
Please can someone tell me how to reapply for an emergency visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheExclusive: 7:20pm On Jul 12, 2023
mojolajesu:

Thanks. But the regular appointment, I didn't even get a notification.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FuryCarx: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
mojolajesu:

Sorry, when is your starting date? I’m due to resume back 16th July to continue my program and my EA application for Abuja hasn’t been looked into for over a week now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TheExclusive: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
Beloved101:
Please can someone tell me how to reapply for an emergency visa

Only once is allowed per MRV
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eefya(f): 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
mojolajesu:
Guys,

Please this link isn’t working 🤲🏾
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by informat101(f): 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2023
This link isn’t working.

[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2023
https:///LmjrLrQx1Q79iMYkcjDl2C

please try this for the watsapp group

For tonight's session which is on

https://meet.google.com/jhw-itsb-ivi

informat101:
This link isn’t working.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2023
My starting date is 21 August

if your starting date is 16th July that's so close. I hope you have letter of extension from your school.

FuryCarx:

Sorry, when is your starting date? I’m due to resume back 16th July to continue my program and my EA application for Abuja hasn’t been looked into for over a week now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kemmiiee: 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
Sisib15:

Wow.. please kindly add me to the group, i'm begging. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by KENECHIIII: 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hello,
Please can anyone help with these questions.

Can I interview 90 days before my school resumption date on my I-20?

Do I have to fill another DS-160 form to start the visa process again if I defer my admission to spring 2024 as the start date indicated on my current DS-160 application will change.

Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jaydee58: 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2023
Please add me to the Lagos date search group 08065884265
Sisib15:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by FuryCarx: 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
mojolajesu:
My starting date is 21 August

if your starting date is 16th July that's so close. I hope you have letter of extension from your school.

I got an emergency letter request from my school stating tentatively of my need return to school on that date. I started mailing Abuja embassy since June 27th but no response till now.

I have used my MRV twice and I’m tempted to switch to Lagos to see if I could salvage the situation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by shindarah(m): 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
Good day everyone

Please I need help on securing am earlier date
I am suppose to resume unfailingly by 17th of August and my interview is scheduled for August 23rd pls how can I get and earlier date
And here is my no_ 08160917996 if there any group that can help with update ..
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
OLAOLUWA92:

please I need your advice on my wife's F2 Visa application. I got my VISA approved on 17th May 2022, we got married on 21st July 2022 and I left Nigeria on the 4th August 2022. We got married 2 weeks before I left Nigeria......she has currently done change of name......her passport carries my name and we have all the marriage documents and all

My wife went for her F2 VISA interview today 11th of July (this morning ) in Lagos.....she was denied

I have a fully funded Ph.D. that covers for her without any deficit, she's a medical laboratory scientist in Nigeria with good earnings, so I think to some extent we have a good profile

She told me she answers all the questions confidently...but the VO keep repeating

" You married in July and he left in August?"
"You married 2 weeks before he left Nigeria"
"You got married after his VISA interview "
"So did you guys leave together before he left "

Her response to the question was "Our wedding date have been fixed before his interview, our families have met, we, ve had an introduction between the two families and right there our wedding date has been fixed, we have sent out our wedding IV and preparation for our wedding has been ongoing before his interview"

She said she answers all the questions she asked her but she kept repeating the questions on the time of marriage....it's obvious she's having issues with how our wedding goes ( maybe how close to my departure date)

Our wedding should be one year in a few weeks.....she has really been so depressed..... I'm planning to apply for another VISA interview immediately and maybe she should go to Abuja now thou date has been the issue.

Please I want to ask, can re-apply immediately?

Please how best can we answer these questions revolving around our wedding?

So your fully funded scholarship also covers your wife’s stay in the US? Is this stated in the scholarship acceptance agreement you signed?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 2:26am On Jul 13, 2023
switching to Lagos doesn’t ascertain that you will get a date however, it’s a better option as relating to Abuja.

Abuja dates are almost getting to 2025 sadly
FuryCarx:

I got an emergency letter request from my school stating tentatively of my need return to school on that date. I started mailing Abuja embassy since June 27th but no response till now.

I have used my MRV twice and I’m tempted to switch to Lagos to see if I could salvage the situation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojolajesu(m): 2:27am On Jul 13, 2023
Have you tried writing to your school staying this?
Attach your appointment confirmation to the email and plead for an extension
shindarah:
Good day everyone

Please I need help on securing am earlier date
I am suppose to resume unfailingly by 17th of August and my interview is scheduled for August 23rd pls how can I get and earlier date
And here is my no_ 08160917996 if there any group that can help with update ..
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:01am On Jul 13, 2023
Please send a mail
Jaydee58:
Please add me to the Lagos date search group 08065884265
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Felicidad: 9:56am On Jul 13, 2023
Good morning pls
Can you access your DS 160 again at least to go through before the interview
Cos I need to refresh my memory
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Felicidad: 10:05am On Jul 13, 2023
Kemmiiee:

Thanks in advance

If you keep checking and yiu dint find any clise regular date
I suggest you pick up any datet that is fair enough and apppl immediately for emergency

Note it has ti be within sixty days of your program start date if not it's a automatic denial for u
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Felicidad: 10:07am On Jul 13, 2023
mojolajesu:
Have you tried writing to your school staying this?
Attach your appointment confirmation to the email and plead for an extension

There are two options;
Apply for an emergency appointment

And also ask for an updated I-20 for a closer resumption after that your 24th date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Felicidad: 10:11am On Jul 13, 2023
mojolajesu:
switching to Lagos doesn’t ascertain that you will get a date however, it’s a better option as relating to Abuja.

Abuja dates are almost getting to 2025 sadly
BigIyanga post=124386160:

So your fully funded scholarship all covers your wife’s stay in the US? Is this stated in the scholarship acceptance agreement you signed?

You don't email them
You are supposed to apply for an emergency appointment via your portal and upload whatever letter or documents to back up your request

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (532) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: Shamaaa, epelumi42(m), linsa01(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.