Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,118 members, 7,811,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (674323 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (527) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Christyiji: 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2023
Pls what's the current exchange rate for Canadian Dollar to naira??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Izanghi(m): 10:13am On Aug 20, 2023
TheNoble007:

You need a masters degree in addition to your Bachelors to be considered for a PhD program in any US school... This is because UK BSc., is only 3 years and insufficient for Grad admissions in the US...

Peace.
The person doesn't necessarily needs to do masters, there are some schools that will take a 3 years program, but they may request you to do WES, University of South Florida will accept 3 years, that I am very sure but will be required to do WES. He only needs to do his finding and ask the program director.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Izanghi(m): 10:16am On Aug 20, 2023
Harkstetunz:

Thanks for your response. I have a fair CGPA of 4.27/5 but I was hoping the GRE would make my profile very competitive, as I'm eyeing direct PhD. In that case, I'd have to drop the GRE and channel my energy towards other aspect of my application packet. Thank you once again.

4.27 is not a fair result, that's approximately at least 3.5 GPA out of 4.0, this should give you a chance in good R1 schools. I had 4.27 too and got into 5 fully funded top programs by God's grace. Just package your CV, and SOP well. You should be good to go.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jmandotcom: 11:27am On Aug 20, 2023
Please I need advice nairalanders... I've been sending emails to professors in the US to request their supervision as I intend to start applying for PhD Biomedical Sciences in Fall next year, but with over 20 emails sent, none has given a positive response. 11 of them gave one excuse or the other such as not being interested in taking new students, being retired since beginning of the year, closed down lab so not taking new students.

I knew there would be rejections but I thought it's good I share the whole stuff here just in case I can get helpful tips, as I plan to send more emails.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eldemmi(m): 11:33am On Aug 20, 2023
Izanghi:

4.27 is not a fair result, that's approximately at least 3.5 GPA out of 4.0, this should give you a chance in good R1 schools. I had 4.27 too and got into 5 fully funded top programs by God's grace. Just package your CV, and SOP well. You should be good to go.

Please did you do GRE or it was waived by your school of choice?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2023
Tkulthenoble:

F1 not yet, got only B2 for now. I will apply for F1 when I am back from visiting later next month.

Maybe it was too early to call out the guy since you dont have your F1 visa. If he’s got F1 visa and you were chatting him up… he might have felt he needed some with F1-Depual 2023 visa to share ideas with.

The guy didnt do anything bad other than stop chatting with you… which is well within his rights.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2023
oloyemeji:
I need answer for this please.

This issue has been dealt with several times. Many applicants with Mpower have shared their transcripts here. Look them up!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tkulthenoble: 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2023
BigIyanga:

Maybe it was too early to call out the guy since you dont have your F1 visa. If he’s got F1 visa and you were chatting him up… he might have felt he needed some with F1-Depual 2023 visa to share ideas with.

The guy didnt do anything bad other than stop chatting with you… which is well within his rights.

Got you but we both Potential school mates in the future and not him blocking me, that was uncalled for.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by oloyemeji: 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2023
BigIyanga:

This issue has been dealt with several times. My applicants with Mpower have shared their transcripts.l here.
I must have missed that part, if you can point me to the post.Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:31pm On Aug 20, 2023
Tkulthenoble:

Got you but we both Potential school mates in the future and not him blocking me, that was uncalled for.
Some people dont like collab.. if you both havent gotten visa, there may not be much to share. If he has gotten visa, and you dont… he’s still entitled not to share anything. Blocking you doesnt block you from getting your F1approved.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2023
oloyemeji:
I must have missed that part, if you can point me to the post.Thanks
Search Mpower and transcripts .Search Youtube, FB, IG to read people’s reviews. Good luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Harkstetunz: 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2023
Izanghi:

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by decide: 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2023
verminnel:
Please im having difficulty uploading my digital picture on my DS160.how do I go from here? Please help a sister cry

Use Microsoft paint tool and resize the image
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by oloyemeji: 12:43am On Aug 21, 2023
BigIyanga:

Search Mpower and transcripts .Search Youtube, FB, IG to read people’s reviews. Good luck
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YourLandMyLand: 2:29am On Aug 21, 2023
Olawrites:
University of Delaware just send me love letter cry while Georgia Southern University gave me admission grin same day

Graduate school journey will humble you
ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by verminnel(f): 4:55am On Aug 21, 2023
Please I need help with mock interview ,my interview is coming up next week
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:05am On Aug 21, 2023
Jmandotcom:
Please I need advice nairalanders... I've been sending emails to professors in the US to request their supervision as I intend to start applying for PhD Biomedical Sciences in Fall next year, but with over 20 emails sent, none has given a positive response. 11 of them gave one excuse or the other such as not being interested in taking new students, being retired since beginning of the year, closed down lab so not taking new students.

I knew there would be rejections but I thought it's good I share the whole stuff here just in case I can get helpful tips, as I plan to send more emails.
Keep sending more emails. Na copy, paste, and send . Your phone or computer no dey charge per email. One good response go pay for all your efforts and rejections Good luck

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Maybachmeeky: 7:53am On Aug 21, 2023
bros what to do?

Ajoself:

USA is bullshit.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2023
HelenTECH:
DM or email travelessentialsconsultants@gmail.com If you need help getting August - October 2023 appointment at either Lagos or Abuja
Wayo wayo.. US no dey hungry you and ur family?

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2023
HelenTECH:
DM or email travelessentialsconsultants@gmail.com If you need help getting August - October 2023 appointment at either Lagos or Abuja
Registered today and soliciting for mugus.. Wayo Nig Ltd

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Somatohadidas(m): 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
BigIyanga:

Keep sending more emails. Na copy, paste, and send . Your phone or computer no dey charge per email. One good response go pay for all your efforts and rejections Good luck

I wouldn't advise them to do that (copy, paste, send). This is one of the reasons why many people do not get response(s) from potential supervisor. You have to be very specific and tailor your email based on their specific research interests and their current project(s) and recent publication(s).

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by misterditto: 12:37am On Aug 22, 2023
JMG12:
WES evaluation is not a prerequisite for all schools, if it is you won't be given admission as such it will not affect your nonimmigrant visa, since you already have admission

"Positive Result" quote author=misterditto post=125163378]Is there any red flag for schools (for visa approval) that waive WES evaluation for admission compare to others that made it compulsory?

I will like to connect with you for your guidance, let me know which medium is more convenient for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blessed4sure: 7:46am On Aug 22, 2023
Hello good people,

Please, I'm planning to apply for an F1 visa next month.

Would it be beneficial to mention during the interview that my wife is also on F1 visa and is currently in the US?

Or is it advisable to apply for F2 and then process the conversion to F1 when I arrive?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jahard: 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2023
Anyone looking to apply for a fall 2024 MBA can reach out to me for guidance and assistance with shortlisting schools, getting funding, etc.
Tresxxxxxxxx@gmail.com (for free of course)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tenderjunkie: 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
Please who knows any university that offers a master's degree program in Nursing and is available for loan on either MPOWER or Prodigy?

The ones I've checked only have online programs
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2023
tenderjunkie:
Please who knows any university that offers a master's degree program in Nursing and is available for loan on either MPOWER or Prodigy?

The ones I've checked only have online programs

So you would like to know 2 things?
-1: Universities offering MS in Nursing
2: If those same universities, offering MS… do accept MPower or Prodigy loans?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jmandotcom: 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2023
Okay, thanks.
BigIyanga:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blessed4sure: 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2023
Hello House,

Please, i need your kind response to this enquiry.

Thank you 🙏🙏
Blessed4sure:
Hello good people,

Please, I'm planning to apply for an F1 visa next month.

Would it be beneficial to mention during the interview that my wife is also on F1 visa and is currently in the US?

Or is it advisable to apply for F2 and then process the conversion to F1 when I arrive?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jahard: 8:40pm On Aug 22, 2023
If you’re on F2, and intend converting to F1, I think you’d still have to come back to Nigeria for an interview (I stand to be corrected). I don’t think there’s a reason to lie about your wife’s F1 status, she probably filled in your details on her Ds 160 when she was applying for F1. You’d have to come up with very strong home ties.
Blessed4sure:

Hello House,

Please, i need your kind response to this enquiry.

Thank you 🙏🙏

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (527) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: olajide2428(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.