Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (684568 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (533) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMG12: 9:48am On Aug 24, 2023
You can take up a school from the state he reside, stating him already give you a strong tie in the U.S, so you will need a stronger home tie. Home ties will be profession such as employment, relationship in some cases properties which is also an asset.
"It will end in positive result"
StarGraphicX:
Good morning everyone,
I am a recent graduate with a 4.3/5.0. I'm currently in the process of looking for a suitable school to pursue my MSc program, ideally with funding. My late father's younger brother, who has been living in the United States for over 10 years with his family, has been a strong source of support throughout my undergraduate studies. I'm wondering if selecting a school located in the state where he resides could potentially enhance the likelihood of my U.S. student visa application being approved. While I anticipate some funding from the school I intend to apply to, I intend to mainly rely on my own modest savings to cover some of the expenses, with the possibility of some assistance from my uncle. I would greatly appreciate any advice regarding this, thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BettyO11: 10:29am On Aug 24, 2023
Leftrightcenter:
Most times what we think is/are the reason(s) for the refusal may or may not be. As you said too, switching from your uncle to your mother might be better as the later is much closer to you. However, you have to be prepared to give the reason why you're switching sponsorship and also the financial capability of your new sponsor. In your DS-160, you can also explain the reason(s) why you think you were denied... All the best.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ebubu3: 10:39am On Aug 24, 2023
BigIyanga:

So over 400 unis/colleges only offer online MSN?
hello bigly. I want to apply for a fully funded PhD program on scholarship. I finished with a 3.52 GPA out of 5.0

However, I don’t have strong home ties. I am looking to secure a permanent job in a federal teaching hospital in Nigeria as a pharmacist and use that as my home ties.

However, i shudder when I imagine getting asked what a PhD would do for a hospital pharmacist considering it’s not a research-inclined job.

Here are my two questions.

1. Do you think I shouldn’t spend lots of money obtaining the permanent hospital work to use as home ties? Is it truly worth it, or can I secure my visa even without it or any other home ties. Thanks.

2. Is a PhD defendable for a hospital pharmacist ? Or I should instead pursue a permanent job in a university instead then go for PhD as it would do more for a university staff than hospital staff?

2b. My chances are better for employment in the hospital, and the pay is as well better than the university, should in case all fails through and I have to resort back to staying back in Nigeria.

These are my two questions.

I want to know these things on time, work towards them, achieve them before starting my applications cause I’ll fill in my permanent work on my DS-160 form.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by StarGraphicX: 11:04am On Aug 24, 2023
JMG12:
You can take up a school from the state he reside, stating him already give you a strong tie in the U.S, so you will need a stronger home tie. Home ties will be profession such as employment, relationship in some cases properties which is also an asset.
"It will end in positive result"
THANK you so much for your clarification. I appreciate sir

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BORBORSKY(m): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2023
Hello, good morning good people,
Just about to go for visa interview..i have a doubt .please help!
Please if my sponsor (a maternal uncle-not a real one though) has travelled to the US 2 times and returned as at when due....he was invited by his sister who is a lecturer in a school in the U.S...
He is just covering about $4k for me...i have everything else covered from scholarship to personal fund
Do you think I should state that I have a relative in the US?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jahard:
As in!! It’s so annoying how people just depend on these agents when they can easily do everything themselves
Depending on agent to tell you… your expiration date?… some people dont really need to be given visa aswear.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Leftrightcenter(m): 4:34pm On Aug 24, 2023
Based on what you stated, I do not think you have a relative in the US. I think relative they mean are your immediate family members(father, mother, siblings, wife/husband and kids). If the relative falls out of the above, I think there is no need mentioning them(I stand to be corrected though). Besides, your 'maternal uncle' do not currently reside in US.
Also, bear in mind that the farer your sponsor is from you, the harder for the approval. So you have to prove why he wants to sponsor you as well as his financial capability to do that.
All the best.
BORBORSKY:
Hello, good morning good people,
Just about to go for visa interview..i have a doubt .please help!
Please if my sponsor (a maternal uncle-not a real one though) has travelled to the US 2 times and returned as at when due....he was invited by his sister who is a lecturer in a school in the U.S...
He is just covering about $4k for me...i have everything else covered from scholarship to personal fund
Do you think I should state that I have a relative in the US?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mhizbrown042: 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2023
Please admin, any Abuja search group for date? I will like to be added
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:45pm On Aug 24, 2023
Ebubu3:
hello bigly. I want to apply for a fully funded PhD program on scholarship. I finished with a 3.52 GPA out of 5.0

However, I don’t have strong home ties. I am looking to secure a permanent job in a federal teaching hospital in Nigeria as a pharmacist and use that as my home ties.

However, i shudder when I imagine getting asked what a PhD would do for a hospital pharmacist considering it’s not a research-inclined job.

Here are my two questions.

1. Do you think I shouldn’t spend lots of money obtaining the permanent hospital work to use as home ties? Is it truly worth it, or can I secure my visa even without it or any other home ties. Thanks.

2. Is a PhD defendable for a hospital pharmacist ? Or I should instead pursue a permanent job in a university instead then go for PhD as it would do more for a university staff than hospital staff?

2b. My chances are better for employment in the hospital, and the pay is as well better than the university, should in case all fails through and I have to resort back to staying back in Nigeria.

These are my two questions.

I want to know these things on time, work towards them, achieve them before starting my applications cause I’ll fill in my permanent work on my DS-160 form.
So you’re a pharmacist with Bpharm?
And you would like to go straight to PhD with 3.52GPA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by christobabee: 6:02pm On Aug 24, 2023
Please WES is not evaluating my school certificate/ transcript, so I opted for IEE but since have been checking schools, most schools requested for WES. what can I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Okeydioha(m): 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2023
Sisib15:
Window 8 black woman
Visa Approved
04/04/23
Masters of Arts in English language and literature
COA:15, 677
Deficit :4k

Me:Good morning

VO: Let's start with your study plan
Where are you going
Me: I am going to south Dakota state university for Masters in English and Literature and I will be focusing on Feminst and gender Literature. It is for 24 months and it is a 36hours Credit course in which I will be taking courses like British literature, creative writing and professional editing. This courses will help me acquire the skills I need to be a creative Writer.

VO just dey type and nodding head
VO : When did you graduate
Me : I graduated in 2021 where I studied English language and literature in education at the University of Lagos. Ever since then I have been working as a technical writer and my duties include I write stories, blog post and articles relating to women in the work place, I also volunteer as an English and Literature teacher as it on My ds160. I earn 250,000 monthly. Vo was listening with rapt attention.

VO : What your post study plan
Me : My company is currently expanding it's operations across Africa country upon the completion of my studies I will be taking the role of a senior Technical write alongside I will be establishing my own writing center and also I will be collaborating with other publishers so as to create a safe space for women in Nigeria

VO : How did you get your GTA

Me: I submitted a very competitive application. I took a duolingo test where i scored 135, I wrote an essay on social inclusion of women in Nigeria using Chimamanda Adiche and I had an interview with two professors from my department. VO was just looking at me.

How many Schools did you apply to : I said three and all gave me admission but I chose South Dakota state university because of its interdisciplinary approach to literature and robust Curriculum , I won't just be taking literature but I will also be taking creative writing, professional editing courses and this course will help me the expertise that I need to become a Writer (I actually applied to 10 Schools, three rejections, two waitlisted me. I got three funded offers, awaiting decision from others)

Vo : Where do you work again
Me :I answered again with my company name, I want to start with my Job description again She said it's fine.

VO: Are you married
Me: I said No, but I am engaged and We will be getting marry in May

VO: Do you have any kid
Me :No

VO : Will he be coming with You

Me: I said No, because he is very busy at work Wand won't be joining me

VO: Who will be covering my deficit

Me : My dad will be covering my deficit and he makes an annual income of 40million. He is a Comercial farmer. He has two acres of lands that he uses for fish farming and live stock farming '. He has been supportive and he was even the one who encouraged me to apply.
VO just dey look me and nodding head.

Then she picked the white paper and said Your visa will be ready in one week.

Thank you so much MOCK WITH GOD'S GRACE GROUP for the support and frequent mock sessions you guys are the best, Ella I can't thank you less,Nairaland people , Moshkom, Tboy I appreciate you all. Ayomide, thank you so much for the 1min date search group. Tkay, thank you so much for your encouragement.
Guys, I was scared because I paid my sevis fee last week and it has not reflected. I found favor and I am grateful. See you all at top. Be confident, shout if you need to. Thank you all
A big congratulations

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mhizbrown042: 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2023
Okeydioha:

A big congratulations

Please I need to join the date search group. Is it Abuja search group?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ebubu3: 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2023
BigIyanga:

So you’re a pharmacist with Bpharm?
And you would like to go straight to PhD with 3.52GPA?
yes to both questions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dave0450(m): 7:55pm On Aug 24, 2023
I use my company letterhead as reference for uk student visa application. UKVI now send mail to them but they are refusing to reply the mail saying I didn't follow due process by informing the headquarter office before using the company letterhead for such things. Which I did not know because it was the branch office I use the letterhead from and I was thinking that they ukvi will contact the branch office bcoz the official email of the branch is on the letterhead. I have plead with the headquarter office but they are adamant that they will not reply the mail even to the extent that they want to sanction me. Please what can I do in this situation? I have spend a lot to get to this stage
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dike987: 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2023
Can someone who got denied get an emergency date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2023
Ebubu3:
yes to both questions
I’d advise you to focus on getting a university to accept into a PhD program with GPA and change of major.

Establishing strong hometies, should be your last hurdle.
I’d go ahead and accept a federal job while working on my admission
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Leftrightcenter(m): 6:30am On Aug 25, 2023
Why not enquire from the schools you're interested in to know if they accept the IEE in lieu of WES evaluation.
But how come WES is not evaluating your school certificate/transcript?
christobabee:
Please WES is not evaluating my school certificate/ transcript, so I opted for IEE but since have been checking schools, most schools requested for WES. what can I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by eetzdave(m): 8:44am On Aug 25, 2023
Hi guys, I’m in need of help regarding my f1 visa…I’m currently in the uk but I paid my visa fee with gtb app, someone told me that I’d need to pay another application fee if I wanted to use the consulate in london since I paid with gtb as that’s not the right way, also I made a mistake using my old passport number while paying for the application fee..can all these be fixed or should I pay a new application fee? P.s I paid 12am today..thanks for any response I get
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Leftrightcenter(m): 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
From the little I know, I think MRV fees are not transferable across border(between different countries) as you get to pay the fee in the local currency of the country where you will be interviewed. Hence, if you want to change your interview location from Nigeria to UK, you may have to pay another visa fee.
For the change of passport number, I think you can easily do so by updating your profile.
eetzdave:
Hi guys, I’m in need of help regarding my f1 visa…I’m currently in the uk but I paid my visa fee with gtb app, someone told me that I’d need to pay another application fee if I wanted to use the consulate in london since I paid with gtb as that’s not the right way, also I made a mistake using my old passport number while paying for the application fee..can all these be fixed or should I pay a new application fee? P.s I paid 12am today..thanks for any response I get
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Meel: 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
christobabee:
What reasons do they cite for not accepting to evaluate your transcript??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by christobabee: 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2023
[quote author=Meel post=125353104]
What reasons do they cite for not accepting to evaluate your transcript??

I graduated for a university in Cotonu, benin Republic.
Benin Republic 🇧🇯 offer 3 years degree but my school is a bilingual school and its offers a 4 years degree. When I requested for my transcript from my school to be sent to WES, my school told me outrightly that WES is not evaluating our credentials yet but they are on it except I have cotonu high school certificate or another certificate I didn't get what was called rightly. A lots of stories and I have some other colleagues that have tried theirs but wasn't evaluated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ebubu3: 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
BigIyanga:

I’d advise you to focus on getting a university to accept into a PhD program with GPA and change of major.

Establishing strong hometies, should be your last hurdle.
I’d go ahead and accept a federal job while working on my admission

Why change of major ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Agos1: 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2023
I got admitted to the MBA programs of Saint louis University (A private Uni) and University of South Dakota (Public Uni and cheaper). I need an advise on which to go for.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:27am On Aug 26, 2023
Ebubu3:

Why change of major ?
Sorry, i thought u had wanted to switch major
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Koats14(m): 1:41am On Aug 26, 2023
Agos1:
I got admitted to the MBA programs of Saint louis University (A private Uni) and University of South Dakota (Public Uni and cheaper). I need an advise on which to go for.
South Dakota. There's a transcript about 10 posts ahead of yours. That could be your cue. Shalom! grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CheersP: 2:36am On Aug 26, 2023
My spouse currently resides in the UK, can he apply for F2 visa there and attend the interview there or he has to apply in Nigeria (home country).
Please will appreciate if any one can provide clarity as to which is the correct thing to do.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by greatmichael67: 3:26am On Aug 26, 2023
Please is there anybody here who applied for spring semester 2024 at Houston Community College? Please let's connect. I'm also in search for dates in Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by greatmichael67: 3:31am On Aug 26, 2023
Please guys I need to know if someone that got denied before can get be approved an emergency appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by greatmichael67: 3:58am On Aug 26, 2023
Sisib15:
Window 8 black woman
Visa Approved
04/04/23
Masters of Arts in English language and literature
COA:15, 677
Deficit :4k

Me:Good morning

VO: Let's start with your study plan
Where are you going
Me: I am going to south Dakota state university for Masters in English and Literature and I will be focusing on Feminst and gender Literature. It is for 24 months and it is a 36hours Credit course in which I will be taking courses like British literature, creative writing and professional editing. This courses will help me acquire the skills I need to be a creative Writer.

VO just dey type and nodding head
VO : When did you graduate
Me : I graduated in 2021 where I studied English language and literature in education at the University of Lagos. Ever since then I have been working as a technical writer and my duties include I write stories, blog post and articles relating to women in the work place, I also volunteer as an English and Literature teacher as it on My ds160. I earn 250,000 monthly. Vo was listening with rapt attention.

VO : What your post study plan
Me : My company is currently expanding it's operations across Africa country upon the completion of my studies I will be taking the role of a senior Technical write alongside I will be establishing my own writing center and also I will be collaborating with other publishers so as to create a safe space for women in Nigeria

VO : How did you get your GTA

Me: I submitted a very competitive application. I took a duolingo test where i scored 135, I wrote an essay on social inclusion of women in Nigeria using Chimamanda Adiche and I had an interview with two professors from my department. VO was just looking at me.

How many Schools did you apply to : I said three and all gave me admission but I chose South Dakota state university because of its interdisciplinary approach to literature and robust Curriculum , I won't just be taking literature but I will also be taking creative writing, professional editing courses and this course will help me the expertise that I need to become a Writer (I actually applied to 10 Schools, three rejections, two waitlisted me. I got three funded offers, awaiting decision from others)

Vo : Where do you work again
Me :I answered again with my company name, I want to start with my Job description again She said it's fine.

VO: Are you married
Me: I said No, but I am engaged and We will be getting marry in May

VO: Do you have any kid
Me :No

VO : Will he be coming with You

Me: I said No, because he is very busy at work Wand won't be joining me

VO: Who will be covering my deficit

Me : My dad will be covering my deficit and he makes an annual income of 40million. He is a Comercial farmer. He has two acres of lands that he uses for fish farming and live stock farming '. He has been supportive and he was even the one who encouraged me to apply.
VO just dey look me and nodding head.

Then she picked the white paper and said Your visa will be ready in one week.

Thank you so much MOCK WITH GOD'S GRACE GROUP for the support and frequent mock sessions you guys are the best, Ella I can't thank you less,Nairaland people , Moshkom, Tboy I appreciate you all. Ayomide, thank you so much for the 1min date search group. Tkay, thank you so much for your encouragement.
Guys, I was scared because I paid my sevis fee last week and it has not reflected. I found favor and I am grateful. See you all at top. Be confident, shout if you need to. Thank you all

Congratulations!!!
Please how can I get connected with "GOD'S GRACE GROUP"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by maraellaa(f): 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
Good afternoon you all
Please I need your help
I graduated from uni with a 2.2 in Political Science Education. Which school in the US can I apply to(STEM because of OPT)?
I’d really love your feedback as I want to begin the process. God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (533) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: tensazangetsu20(m), chatmate, KarisNech, fearlessfang and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.