Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (688154 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kapiles: 12:10am On Sep 02, 2023
Hi,

I am applying a visitor visa application for my mother.
Is it legit to get flight reservation for visa online through websites like
https://dummybookingforvisa.com/

Since it is very pricey to get an actual ticket without TRV being confirmed.
Because there is a risk of the ticket going to waste if the visa gets rejected.
Please advise.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by kapiles: 12:13am On Sep 02, 2023
Hi,

I am applying a visitor visa application for my mother.
Is it legit to get flight reservation for visa online through websites like

https://dummybookingforvisa.com/

Since it is very pricey to get an actual ticket without TRV being confirmed.
Because there is a risk of the ticket going to waste if the visa gets rejected.
Please advise.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by omoluka: 6:40am On Sep 02, 2023
Good morning people, please, must call log show mobile network operator name ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UnfairLife7(m): 10:54am On Sep 02, 2023
Oshin56:
first degree, pls can I get your WhatsApp digit?
I sent you a mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adekanyin39: 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2023
Zino89:
Good afternoon please I need help of anyone who can help me pay for my i20 form( $75) I am going to pay the person in naira please
Hello.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TAGR: 9:20pm On Sep 02, 2023
I can help with your POF/Bank Statement for your I-20.
I can also help with SOP and every process of admission to funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TAGR: 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2023
Gentlelord:
Hi Guys,

Please, I have a challenge. Name Arrangement on BSc Certificate differs from International passport and every other documents.

ARRANGEMENT ON PASSPORT AND EVERY OTHER DOCS (CORRECT NAME ARRANGEMENT):
First Name: Jon
Middle Name: Max
Last Name: Doe

ARRANGEMENT ON Bsc CERT
First Name: Doe
Middle Name: Max
Last Name: Jon

Now I want to do WES Evaluation and they are saying name discrepancies will not be accepted during review of final docs and transcripts.

Please who has encountered this before and successfully unraveled it? Kindly illuminate on this my predicament guys.
This doesn't matter actually. It's really common in this part of the world.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 5:56am On Sep 03, 2023
Techyking:
I'm here to seek advice and recommendations on what we could do better for a tourist visa interview.

Backgound:
My wife and I welcomed a baby last week and we are inviting my mum to visit for about 4 weeks. Her interview is coming up first week of September in Lagos, I don't want her to miss this opportunity. The problem is that she had gone with my Dad in March 2023 for a tourist visa and both were denied for lack of sufficient home ties.

Additionally, my inlaws went for US visa interview this August 2023 for a tourist visa to visit their new grandson and both were denied. My inlaws did everything right in my opinion, they both had very great jobs, landed property, and business and all their kids apart from my wife are in Nigeria and the VO denied them on the grounds of lack of sufficient home ties. I'm very confused regarding what the VO is seeking as evidence of home ties.

Due to the above experience from my parents and in-laws who were both denied tourist visas, I'm sharing the responses my Mum is preparing to provide the VO for your input.
Note: This time around my mum will be going for the interview alone, not with my dad as she previously did.

Answers she is preparing to provide
VO: May I have your passport
Mum: Passes her passport

VO: What do you want to go and do in the USA
Mum: I wantt to see my newly born grandson. My son and my daughter in law had a baby in August.

VO: How long do you intend to stay in the USA
Mum: I will be visiting for 4-weeks

VO: Where will you be staying is USA
Mum: I will be staying with my Son and his family in California

VO: What does he son do
Mum: He work in xxxx company as a Software Engieer

VO:
Mum:

VO: Who will be sponsoring your trip
Mum: My husband will be sponsoring imy trip. I also have some personal savings as well.

VO: What does your husband do
Mum: He is retired from Public service. He worked in our State Post Primary School Management Board as a Supervising Principal

VO: What do you do
Mum: I'm a retired secondary school principal and now work as a full-time Catechism teacher at our local parish, I am also a laity leader in the Carmelite missionary community

VO: Do you have other relatives in the US
Mum: Yes I have another son who also lives in California

VO: How many children do you have
Mum: I have x number of kids

VO: Where are all your kids
Mum: 2 in US, 1 in Canada, 1 in UK and rest in Naija

VO: What are you childred doing
Mum: Explains

VO: Why are you not travellin with your husband
Mum: He just had a surgery and was adviced not to travel now

Kindly review these proposed answers and let me know if we are missing something.

Let your mom ask for an interpreter. Let her speak her native language that she is confident of explaining well then the interpreter does the job of explaining to the VO. It works wonders sometimes because they won’t want to ask her too much questions due to interpreting stress

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oshin56(m): 8:57am On Sep 03, 2023
UnfairLife7:
I sent you a mail
good morning, please reply to my mail sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by office2023: 9:41am On Sep 03, 2023
Hi guys,
Good morning.
Pls is there anyone here who helps with SAT registration?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dgabby01: 10:28am On Sep 03, 2023
Please who has used ivisa before, are the reliable for traveling to Bahamas or any country that requires visa from nigerians.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zino89: 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2023
Nzealibaba:
use Pay4Me app and pay in naira
ok thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMG12: 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2023
I am concerned about the husband being your dad to sponsor her when she is going for Umugwu in your house, I think you should be the main sponsor
Techyking:
I'm here to seek advice and recommendations on what we could do better for a tourist visa interview.

Backgound:
My wife and I welcomed a baby last week and we are inviting my mum to visit for about 4 weeks. Her interview is coming up first week of September in Lagos, I don't want her to miss this opportunity. The problem is that she had gone with my Dad in March 2023 for a tourist visa and both were denied for lack of sufficient home ties.

Additionally, my inlaws went for US visa interview this August 2023 for a tourist visa to visit their new grandson and both were denied. My inlaws did everything right in my opinion, they both had very great jobs, landed property, and business and all their kids apart from my wife are in Nigeria and the VO denied them on the grounds of lack of sufficient home ties. I'm very confused regarding what the VO is seeking as evidence of home ties.

Due to the above experience from my parents and in-laws who were both denied tourist visas, I'm sharing the responses my Mum is preparing to provide the VO for your input.
Note: This time around my mum will be going for the interview alone, not with my dad as she previously did.

Answers she is preparing to provide
VO: May I have your passport
Mum: Passes her passport

VO: What do you want to go and do in the USA
Mum: I wantt to see my newly born grandson. My son and my daughter in law had a baby in August.

VO: How long do you intend to stay in the USA
Mum: I will be visiting for 4-weeks

VO: Where will you be staying is USA
Mum: I will be staying with my Son and his family in California

VO: What does he son do
Mum: He work in xxxx company as a Software Engieer

VO:
Mum:

VO: Who will be sponsoring your trip
Mum: My husband will be sponsoring imy trip. I also have some personal savings as well.

VO: What does your husband do
Mum: He is retired from Public service. He worked in our State Post Primary School Management Board as a Supervising Principal

VO: What do you do
Mum: I'm a retired secondary school principal and now work as a full-time Catechism teacher at our local parish, I am also a laity leader in the Carmelite missionary community

VO: Do you have other relatives in the US
Mum: Yes I have another son who also lives in California

VO: How many children do you have
Mum: I have x number of kids

VO: Where are all your kids
Mum: 2 in US, 1 in Canada, 1 in UK and rest in Naija

VO: What are you childred doing
Mum: Explains

VO: Why are you not travellin with your husband
Mum: He just had a surgery and was adviced not to travel now

Kindly review these proposed answers and let me know if we are missing something.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMG12: 4:34pm On Sep 03, 2023
WES icap and standard delivery is around 276usd while icap evaluation with overnight delivery is around 296usd
Lovethchisom:
Good morning all
Please can someone help me with free GRE materials. I intend to write on second week of October.
Please how much is GRE and WES evaluation now Please.

Thanks in anticipation of response

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UnfairLife7(m): 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2023
Oshin56:
good morning, please reply to my mail sir.
sorry i don't have access to my mail. You can drop yours to reach you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oshin56(m): 6:35pm On Sep 03, 2023
UnfairLife7:
sorry i don't have access to my mail. You can drop yours to reach you.
oshinsamson380@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UnfairLife7(m): 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2023
Oshin56:
oshinsamson380@gmail.com
responded
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dips04: 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
Good afternoon house.
Please I want to know if Ios is advisable to you an elder brother that is a US citizen as sponsor.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ademijuwonlo(f): 10:26am On Sep 05, 2023
Please House,
In 2012 I applied for visa lottery but I didn't check if I was selected or not and since my record is with them won't that raise a red flag if I apply to study in US now. Please, I need advice/views on what my chances are to get visa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jasonpotter: 10:41am On Sep 05, 2023
Good day House, I recently graduated 3.41/5.0 and I have plans to further my studies in US..I have not done my NYSC but I need help finding a community that helps with necessary information to prepare for...thanks for the reply.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 5:28pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ebubu3:
hello bigly. I want to apply for a fully funded PhD program on scholarship. I finished with a 3.52 GPA out of 5.0

However, I don’t have strong home ties. I am looking to secure a permanent job in a federal teaching hospital in Nigeria as a pharmacist and use that as my home ties.

However, i shudder when I imagine getting asked what a PhD would do for a hospital pharmacist considering it’s not a research-inclined job.

Here are my two questions.

1. Do you think I shouldn’t spend lots of money obtaining the permanent hospital work to use as home ties? Is it truly worth it, or can I secure my visa even without it or any other home ties. Thanks.

2. Is a PhD defendable for a hospital pharmacist ? Or I should instead pursue a permanent job in a university instead then go for PhD as it would do more for a university staff than hospital staff?

2b. My chances are better for employment in the hospital, and the pay is as well better than the university, should in case all fails through and I have to resort back to staying back in Nigeria.

These are my two questions.

I want to know these things on time, work towards them, achieve them before starting my applications cause I’ll fill in my permanent work on my DS-160 form.

Just focus on yourself and why you want to do a program. If you are thinking of a PhD, you could focus on Public Health as a Pharmacist or a MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences since most of them are funded.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by jitela: 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Icesnow(f): 11:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ajoself:

USA is bullshit.
Why?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tall2ce(m): 9:42am On Sep 06, 2023
My plan is to apply to about 5 USA schools for graduate admission.
I am at the point of paying for WES so I want to confirm if I pay for WES ICAP or WES basic.

Based on my plan to apply to 5 schools which one is better?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by dudesexy111: 11:18am On Sep 06, 2023
krcboy:
I am going for the same thing just that mine is business administration and management associate degree, just that I have had BSC in public administration before working with a banking customer care and currently and am getting up to 200k per month and my daddy is a civil engineer and has workers working for him and he get a lot of money when he gets a contract so is the one sponsoring me for my education...I want to change field and I believe if I study over there and come back here I will be able to get a job with much higher pay than this..... please if you can help me by preparing me next week is my interview or anything you might want to tell me on

The nothing you said you have been doing since you finished highschool , you post study plan has no clear goal, send me a mail I will help out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blessed4sure: 11:29am On Sep 06, 2023
WES ICAP is better. Some schools don't accept WES Basic.

tall2ce:
I am at the point of paying for WES so I want to confirm if I pay for WES ICAP or WES basic.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMG12: 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2023
WES icap is what you should do
tall2ce:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMG12: 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2023
No it won't be a red flag just know the details you used back then
ademijuwonlo:
Please House,
In 2012 I applied for visa lottery but I didn't check if I was selected or not and since my record is with them won't that raise a red flag if I apply to study in US now. Please, I need advice/views on what my chances are to get visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CuteBC: 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2023
Good day house
Please, how long is the sevis fee valid for?
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMG12: 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2023
The initial SEVIS fee is valid for 12 months from the date of payment.
CuteBC:
Good day house
Please, how long is the sevis fee valid for?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (535) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: mcvities(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.