Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (697197 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CuteBC: 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2023
Okay
I really appreciate it.
JMG12:
The initial SEVIS fee is valid for 12 months from the date of payment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2023
Tried catching up on the thread and realized it is not as functional/useful as it was back in the days. I am thinking many things could have led to this situation such as those who created whats app group and took away the activities from here, people who were selfish in their transcripts thereby discouraging others from reading/posting, and many who have chosen not to be actively involved in their study plans for reasons best known to them.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dgabby01: 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2023
Please who has applied for a visa to Kuwait or bahrain. What's there process like
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tall2ce(m): 3:24am On Sep 07, 2023
Please I need help on this

I tried paying for WES using Wema Debit card which has a monthly limi of $500 but it did not w work. So I tried using the Western Union Money Transfer Option, so I got a WES reference ID but never got a payment order to pay Western Union.

I checked online and this seem to be a big problem for people. Please I need help

Should I create another account and do another evaluation or do I go about paying WES.

Pls help house
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by jinju27: 6:55am On Sep 07, 2023
I think going for five years is too much, and also your husband stuff is paying for you too ., you are also going with the kids, won't they go to school here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tall2ce(m): 10:50am On Sep 07, 2023
tall2ce:

I tried paying for WES using Wema Debit card which has a monthly limi of $500 but it did not w work. So I tried using the Western Union Money Transfer Option, so I got a WES reference ID but never got a payment order to pay Western Union.

I checked online and this seem to be a big problem for people. Please I need help

Should I create another account and do another evaluation or do I go about paying WES.

Pls help house

Please oooo help me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Poshebony14: 11:14am On Sep 07, 2023
tall2ce:

Pls help house

I think your payment went through because you can only get a reference number after your payment have been confirmed. My thoughts though

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by folamorgan(m): 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
Please, house, California State University deferred my master admission from January 2023 to August 2023 and now to January 2024. I have done visa interview before by May but I was denied. Please, I want to be sure of something:
Is it that it is only people that are either fully or partially funded that get visa easily? Or even people that will pay their tuition themselves can get visa? My school fund both tuition and others is $34200. The one year tuition out of that $34200 is $26,000 and the second year is taken cared of by a program in the school. Thanks for your responses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tall2ce(m): 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2023
Poshebony14:

I think your payment went through because you can only get a reference number after your payment have been confirmed. My thoughts though

I have not even been debited
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ademijuwonlo(f): 6:08pm On Sep 07, 2023
JMG12:
No it won't be a red flag just know the details you used back then
Thanks for your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SapphireFort(f): 8:20pm On Sep 07, 2023
Please does anyone know whether a JD is considered as a postgraduate program for visa purposes since you need to have had a first degree? I want to know if one would be allowed to have dependents on a JD program, please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by keeptryingdgu: 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2023
Please how can I join the mock group?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2023
folamorgan:
Please, house, California State University deferred my master admission from January 2023 to August 2023 and now to January 2024. I have done visa interview before by May but I was denied. Please, I want to be sure of something:
Is it that it is only people that are either fully or partially funded that get visa easily? Or even people that will pay their tuition themselves can get visa? My school fund both tuition and others is $34200. The one year tuition out of that $34200 is $26,000 and the second year is taken cared of by a program in the school. Thanks for your responses.

Do you mind explaining the third and fourth sentences of the second paragraph?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 10:37pm On Sep 07, 2023
SapphireFort:
Please does anyone know whether a JD is considered as a postgraduate program for visa purposes since you need to have had a first degree? I want to know if one would be allowed to have dependents on a JD program, please.

A non-immigrant allows you to have dependent irrespective of the program it is.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by SapphireFort(f): 12:33am On Sep 08, 2023
I am aware that undergrads are not allowed allowed in some countries like here in the UK,hence my question.
GboyegaD:

A non-immigrant allows you to have dependent irrespective of the program it is.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 12:37am On Sep 08, 2023
SapphireFort:
I am aware that undergrads are not allowed allowed in some countries like here in the UK,hence my question.

America doesn't restrict anyone. You just need inform the school and they will issue you an I20 for the spouse provided you show proof of funds which I am sure is less than $10000.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 12:44am On Sep 08, 2023
keeptryingdgu:

Unfortunately, those who started the WhatsApp groups eventually took away the opportunity for the future generations to learn as obvious from the dearth of information on the group.

You can post your thoughts on here perhaps, someone can give suggestions where necessary.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMG12: 10:44am On Sep 08, 2023
Donwload chipper app, get the virtual usd card it will work
tall2ce:

Pls help house
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMG12: 10:49am On Sep 08, 2023
No, people who get funding can also be denied. Get your documentation right from the i-20, that is were the interview start from
folamorgan:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Adelekethefirst(m): 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2023
GboyegaD:

Unfortunately, those who started the WhatsApp groups eventually took away the opportunity for the future generations to learn as obvious from the dearth of information on the group.

You can post your thoughts on here perhaps, someone can give suggestions where necessary.
I totally agree with you
Now the thread is dying gradually

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by geniusauthor(m): 10:01pm On Sep 08, 2023
Does anyone here know a recommended Whatsapp page for F2 Visa applicants?

Maybe for dates searching, mock interviews, transcripts sharing, discussion etc...
Majorly for F2 (spouse) that husband/wife has gone ahead... any recommendations or link pls!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by laryom1(m): 10:43pm On Sep 08, 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Funbifd: 1:46am On Sep 09, 2023
keeptryingdgu:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Funbifd: 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
Festy8:
Visa Approved
First Attempt,Abuja.
June 30th 2022
Abuja
VO: Bald Man
COA: 27,971
Deficit: 27,971
Eastern illinois university.
https:///f1usvisahopefuls

VO: Pass me your documents,I can see you are going to Eastern illinois university?

Me: Yes,for masters degree in Computer and Information Systems
Security/Auditing/Information
Assurance

VO: Have you traveled before?

Me: No.

VO: this amount on your i-20 do you have it in your account.

Me: Yes....I did decide to just add.

Pls while filling your ds 160 howmuch did you put in that you're earning?

I will be sponsoring myself on this trip with ...... amount from my personal savings, rental income from my inherited and acquired landed properties,a business owned by myself and wife.

VO: Where is your wife,is she following you?

Me: My wife is in ......,she will join me later with my son during her annual leave.

VO: Where do you work?
Me: I work in .......,my roles include ......

VO: take this white paper, follow the instructions to get your passport.

ME: thanks.

Advice:be real,don't memorize,know yourself, emphasize your home tie.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
GboyegaD:
Tried catching up on the thread and realized it is not as functional/useful as it was back in the days. I am thinking many things could have led to this situation such as those who created whats app group and took away the activities from here, people who were selfish in their transcripts thereby discouraging others from reading/posting, and many who have chosen not to be actively involved in their study plans for reasons best known to them.
And most importantly, too many lazy applicants and wannabe agents who want to make $$ from their laziness

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2023
geniusauthor:
Does anyone here know a recommended Whatsapp page for F2 Visa applicants?

Maybe for dates searching, mock interviews, transcripts sharing, discussion etc...
Majorly for F2 (spouse) that husband/wife has gone ahead... any recommendations or link pls!

Parr of the issues we complained about. Why not post whatever dates you find on here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tall2ce(m): 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
JMG12:
Donwload chipper app, get the virtual usd card it will work

Chipper cash is f*ckef up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JMG12: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2023
Yeah, but it work most times
tall2ce:

Chipper cash is f*ckef up
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tall2ce(m): 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2023
JMG12:
Yeah, but it work most times

The rates are high
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nzealibaba: 8:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
I tap from your grace
Festy8:
Visa Approved
First Attempt,Abuja.
June 30th 2022
Abuja
VO: Bald Man
COA: 27,971
Deficit: 27,971
Eastern illinois university.
https:///f1usvisahopefuls

VO: Pass me your documents,I can see you are going to Eastern illinois university?

Me: Yes,for masters degree in Computer and Information Systems
Security/Auditing/Information
Assurance

VO: Have you traveled before?

Me: No.

VO: this amount on your i-20 do you have it in your account.

Me: Yes....I did decide to just add.

I will be sponsoring myself on this trip with ...... amount from my personal savings, rental income from my inherited and acquired landed properties,a business owned by myself and wife.

VO: Where is your wife,is she following you?

Me: My wife is in ......,she will join me later with my son during her annual leave.

VO: Where do you work?
Me: I work in .......,my roles include ......

VO: take this white paper, follow the instructions to get your passport.

ME: thanks.

Advice:be real,don't memorize,know yourself, emphasize your home tie.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (539) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.