Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (679873 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Linccoln(m): 10:43pm On Sep 09, 2023
Jasonpotter:
Good day House, I recently graduated 3.41/5.0 and I have plans to further my studies in US..I have not done my NYSC but I need help finding a community that helps with necessary information to prepare for...thanks for the reply.

Hey Jasonpotter,
The information/ community you seek is here on this thread. Read past pages and ask questions as much as possible. Folks here will help you. Your GPA is quite low. I’ll advise you carry out credential evaluation via www.Wes.org and write GRE or GMAT as the case may be.
I wish you the best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Linccoln(m): 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2023
ademijuwonlo:
Please House,
In 2012 I applied for visa lottery but I didn't check if I was selected or not and since my record is with them won't that raise a red flag if I apply to study in US now. Please, I need advice/views on what my chances are to get visa.

I think you should be fine. 2012 is long time ago and Nigeria has been removed from the pool over ten years ago.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Linccoln(m): 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2023
oluyinkavic:
Hello,

What is the chances of getting a F2 visa for my partner, I'm going for a masters programme in the US.

Thanks.
Ofcourse you can be able to get your partner an F2 visa so far you can be able to prove it financially that you can afford their living expenses in addition to your own.
I wish you the best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 09, 2023
Good day house. Please if anybody can link me up to the telegram group, I will appreciate it. Thank you very much as I wait your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keziahgarba2023: 11:33pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hi everyone. Please has anyone flown to the United States via Air France recently? My flight is from Abuja, one stop in Paris then to the US. I will like to know if an Airport Transit Visa is required for Nigerian passport holders with valid US visa. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fellowdavid123: 12:31am On Sep 10, 2023
ONLY FOR GUYS IN USA. If you just moved to the united states, and you need an online store to order cheap gadgets. Temu is a very reliable store. Register using this link and get some BACK-TO-SCHOOL FREEBIES. https://temu.com/s/WrrIOZyCRq5HLI
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by folamorgan(m): 8:20am On Sep 10, 2023
GboyegaD:

Do you mind explaining the third and fourth sentences of the second paragraph?
I mean that that total tuition fee is $26,000 for a period of one year but the total amount including living expenses, foods, etc, everything is $34,200.
Why I stated it is that I wanted to know if the VOs can deny a visa on the basis that they think a Nigerian cannot afford that amount for school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jasonpotter: 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2023
Linccoln:

Hey Linccoln,
Thanks for your response sir. The GPA is very low that's why i want to know the necessary procedure early, I am going to go through the thread and try to do the evaluation and the GRE exam also. I appreciate your reply thanks.

Hey Jasonpotter,
The information/ community you seek is here on this thread. Read past pages and ask questions as much as possible. Folks here will help you. Your GPA is quite low. I’ll advise you carry out credential evaluation via www.Wes.org and write GRE or GMAT as the case may be.
I wish you the best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mide1234561: 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2023
Good day everyone I am new here and I need some help about how to apply for us visa and how to get admission into the school also all the documents required I really hope someone will reply me thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2023
folamorgan:

I mean that that total tuition fee is $26,000 for a period of one year but the total amount including living expenses, foods, etc, everything is $34,200.
Why I stated it is that I wanted to know if the VOs can deny a visa on the basis that they think a Nigerian cannot afford that amount for school.

So, you got guaranteed funding for your second year, right?
Whatever the case is, they want to be sure you can pay for the first year and your sponsor has the potential to pay for subsequent years.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2023
Hello everyone,can someone pls suggest schools that he or she knows gives/ has masters degree funding for IT related courses like data analytics, management information systems, information technology etc… I appreciate your responses… I am also doing some research on possible schools
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2023
Keziahgarba2023:
Hi everyone. Please has anyone flown to the United States via Air France recently? My flight is from Abuja, one stop in Paris then to the US. I will like to know if an Airport Transit Visa is required for Nigerian passport holders with valid US visa. Thank you
Not i’m 100 sure. Why dont you go to the airport and find out.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 11:59am On Sep 11, 2023
folamorgan:

100%. If they feel that you’re not financially capable, they’re likely going to deny you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by gracetim34: 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2023
Please kindly add me to the WhatsApp group. Thanks ‪+234 901 485 3313‬
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mide1234561: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2023
Hi good afternoon everyone I am new here I want to apply for USA student visa but I don’t have any idea of how to do it and how to get admission also,the document I need I really hope someone will reply thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2023
punchyy:
Hello everyone,can someone pls suggest schools that he or she knows gives/ has masters degree funding for IT related courses like data analytics, management information systems, information technology etc… I appreciate your responses… I am also doing some research on possible schools

Mide1234561:
Hi good afternoon everyone I am new here I want to apply for USA student visa but I don’t have any idea of how to do it and how to get admission also,the document I need I really hope someone will reply thank you

Take out time to read previous editions to understand the entire process and take it from there.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ademijuwonlo(f): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2023
Linccoln:

I think you should be fine. 2012 is long time ago and Nigeria has been removed from the pool over ten years ago.
Thanks. I appreciate!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Linccoln(m): 4:32am On Sep 12, 2023
Keziahgarba2023:

No Telegram. If Telegram had been utilized long time ago instead of the thread, would people be benefiting the way they’re benefiting now? Information here is enough to benefit you. Ask questions and let people address them so others coming in the nearest future can also be able to benefit.
Peace!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bigolly(m): 7:00am On Sep 12, 2023
Please if someone request for emergency date, will they just allocate date to someone themselves or they will options of different dates?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mide1234561: 9:20am On Sep 12, 2023
Pls how to apply for admission for a student who just finished secondary school here I don’t know anything I am be here i need someone that can put me through plssssssss I will really appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Brunonwanne: 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2023
Mide1234561:
Pls how to apply for admission for a student who just finished secondary school here I don’t know anything I am be here i need someone that can put me through plssssssss I will really appreciate
drop ur number u might be added to a what's app group or post questions on arears u are finding difficulties in
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2023
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Calista12345: 12:00am On Sep 13, 2023

Please this is my number, can someone please add me to WhatsApp group 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Koats14(m): 3:57am On Sep 13, 2023
Keziahgarba2023:
You do not need a transit visa to land in Paris and continue your journey to the US. You'll only need a transit visa if you'll be having multiple layovers in two or more European countries. You can reach out to Air France for further information by visiting their office at the airport or Victoria Island, Lagos. Goodluck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Okiay: 4:53am On Sep 13, 2023
Please can someone add me on the WhatsApp group chat please it's very important please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Okiay: 4:54am On Sep 13, 2023
This is my number 09040374218 please can someone add me on this WhatsApp group chat please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 6:45am On Sep 13, 2023
Mide1234561:
Search US college admission topics on NL and you’ll get many leads

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mich45: 1:54pm On Sep 13, 2023
Somatohadidas:

This assertion is wrong. I have seen folks with Master´s and Bachelor's Degrees from Nigeria getting into Biological Sciences and Biomedical PhD programs in the US.

I agree that the competition for places in these programs is becoming very fierce year after year. However, saying that folks "should leave the programs for Americans" is not right—it might even sound demoralising to some people.

Subsequently, I´d like to reiterate that having a first-class is not enough for this. It is important to have rudimentary (even intermediate) knowledge of the current software and tools used in the field. Particularly, for folks looking at the aforementioned programs, it is essential to have a working knowledge of R, Python, Basic Linux and related programs. Furthermore, basic knowledge of bioinformatics and wet lab experience (through internships). Trying your hands (analysis) on various biological data (related to your research area) in various public repositories to test your knowledge would be very beneficial too. It could even help you buttress your points about your passion and zeal for the field in your letter of motivation, statement of purpose or personal statement.

Also, improving knowledge by enrolling in several Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and attending related (in-person/virtual) conferences and workshops (there are many available now—thanks to COVID-19). Having membership in National and International Professional Associations in your field should also be considered.

The bitter truth is those you are competing with from the global north have robust opportunities to gain many experiences (wet and dry lab/conferences/posters presentations) before they finish their undergraduate studies. Therefore, you cannot come and tell them (the admission committee) to pick you ahead of them by having a first-class. So, it is not really about luck; check the profiles of those that got into these programs from Nigeria—you will understand what I am trying to say.

I hope this helps someone.

Hello sir/ma, please what are the chances of someone with a B.Agric in Animal Breeding and Genetics getting a scholarship in fields, such as, Genomic Data Science, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, etc.?

PS: Is it also possible to make a switch from Animal Genetics to Hunan Genetics? As that's exactly what I'm trying to do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mich45: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
SIMPLIFIED:
calm down, first PhD Admission is competitive and PhD Admission in Biomedical sciences is among the most competitive. As a Nigerian that studied the life sciences you are already at a Lower scale because most of us don't have that hands on lab research exposure, you see those in US doing summer research, PREP and other lab research to be qualified for Biomedical PhD programs. You need to do something outside the basic to gain PhD Admission in Biomed field from a third world country and even graduating with a high CGPA alone won't cut it in this field.
Apply for volunteer research assistant position in a university that has good research lab, places like NIMR, acquire hands on Molecular Biology /bioinformatics skills, you have Inqaba Biotech, Helix Biogene Institute among others. Find postgraduate student in any university in your research area and collaborate in getting publications. Take online courses on Coursera, udemy on Genomics, cancer Biology. Molecular Biology, genetics etc and list on your CV with certificates verified and link attached. This requires adequate planning and dedication, time and money. You are competing against the best from students that are running PCR and Gel Electrophoresis already in their undergrad and many depts take like 5-15 students out of 500+ applicants.
Hello sir/ma, please what are the chances of someone with a B.Agric in Animal Breeding and Genetics getting a scholarship in fields, such as, Genomic Data Science, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, etc.?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by habbyy03: 2:51pm On Sep 13, 2023
Hello
Please does anyone have CVs and research interests samples to send to a potential mentor for Msc in Biology?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mairojesse(m): 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2023
Hello gurus in the house, pls i need your advice on this I just discovered today that I have an active ban to Canada. Is it possible to apply to the USA for study without getting visa refusal
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Stevenssen(m): 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2023
Mairojesse:
Hello gurus in the house, pls i need your advice on this I just discovered today that I have an active ban to Canada. Is it possible to apply to the USA for study without getting visa refusal
You can try if you have the funds and time. But truth is: A Canada ban will probably be shared with the US as well. The 2 countries are close and share a lot of info.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (531) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: liliberth, Klebsiella and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.