Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (682764 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blessed4sure: 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2023
Nothing in my statement suggests that. I only mentioned that it's possible to be admitted to the program. Never said it's the easy route. Such programs involve programming, statistics, etc, which aren't child's play.

But, we have well competent people in various fields who have transitioned to Data Analytics.

BigIyanga:

Yes.. so Data analytics is moi moi for someone with Arts background who is looking for an easy route?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 6:37pm On Oct 07, 2023
Blessed4sure:
Nothing in my statement suggest that. I only mentioned that it's possible to be admitted to the program. Never said it's the easy route. Such programs involve programming, statistics, etc, which aren't child's play.

But, we have well competent people in all fields who have transitioned to Data Analytics.

Ok noted.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chrishertz8: 12:07am On Oct 08, 2023
Please i need to be added to date search group 08136438688
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2023
Some schoolswon't even admit someone without mathematics background.
BigIyanga:

Yes.. so Data analytics is moi moi for someone with Arts background who is looking for an easy route?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ebubu: 2:59pm On Oct 08, 2023
Please who is here?

Do I need to add my secondary school in my WES evaluation?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ebubu: 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2023
BigIyanga:

I have limited knowledge about scholarship..which btw, is a function of many things like school, endowment, your sop, GPA , et al.
PhD is nursing is more likely to get you more funding than MSN… but you dont know your luck until you try.

Posting your profile would be a good way to start. Others may offer invaluable tips on how to proceed.
Do I need to add my secondary school during my wes evaluation?
I just completed my first degree and going for graduate school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by trilacos: 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
Hi everyone,I graduated with second class lower in mechanical engineering,is it possible to get accepted to a school in USA or what do I need to do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Damlz: 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2023
Good evening,... Please someone should add me to date searching group.. 09039123394
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Chrishertz8: 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2023
Please add me to mock and search group 08136438688
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by knowledgeBee: 8:52am On Oct 09, 2023
Getting a US Student Visa: Tips and Guidance

1. Research Your School:

First, find a school or university in the USA where you want to study.
Ensure it's a recognized institution with the right programs.
2. Prepare Required Documents:

Gather important documents like your passport, acceptance letter, and financial statements.
3. Fill Out the Visa Application:

Complete the DS-160 form online.
Pay the visa application fee.
4. Schedule an Interview:

Visit the US embassy or consulate website to schedule your visa interview.
Be prepared to answer questions about your plans and finances.
5. Attend the Interview:

Dress neatly and arrive on time.
Be honest and confident in your responses.
6. Pay the SEVIS Fee:

Before the interview, pay the SEVIS fee.
7. Wait for Visa Approval:

If approved, you'll receive your visa.
If denied, you'll be given a reason.
8. Plan Your Journey:

Once you have your visa, plan your travel and accommodation.
9. Captain Dunes Services:

Consider using Captain Dunes tour operator services in Dubai for help with travel arrangements, accommodations, and exploring the Dubai.
Remember, the US Student Visa process can be complex, but with careful preparation and the right support, you can fulfill your dream of studying in the USA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by punchyy(f): 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2023
Hello house, who has been admitted to East Tennessee state she and gotten a tuition scholarship, how did you go about it. Please any contribution is appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lifeofgolden1: 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2023
punchyy:
Hello house, who has been admitted to East Tennessee state she and gotten a tuition scholarship, how did you go about it. Please any contribution is appreciated.

While you await a response from anyone who has gotten admission and a scholarship from East Tennessee, I suggest you look up the school's website and most importantly, the specific department's page for the scholarship requirements. You can also check the international scholarship page if there is any.

NOTE: Some schools do offer scholarships based on merit. If you merit it, you'll get it automatically.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jboyossai(m): 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2023
Advice to those with 2-2 or low GPA

If you have the money, do WES Evaluation.
I graduated with 3.13/5 GPA from the university and did WES evaluation and it resulted to 3.01/4 GPA.

Almost all schools in the US accepts a GPA of at least 3.0.
Evaluating your transcript gives you higher chances.

WES does not calculate your carryovers and your Ds will be turned to Cs, and your Cs to Bs.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BettyO11: 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
Please if I do my visa interview in Lagos, is it possible to pick my passport in Abuja?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moonlightq: 7:24am On Oct 10, 2023
G
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Spiceyspicey: 7:29am On Oct 10, 2023
Good morning guys please I need your response on this🙏
Does embassies call to get information about visa applicants' and sponsors' bank details directly from the bank.

If anyone knows anything about this I will appreciate their feedback. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lifeofgolden1: 8:34am On Oct 10, 2023
Spiceyspicey:
Good morning guys please I need your response on this🙏
Does embassies call to get information about visa applicants' and sponsors' bank details directly from the bank.

If anyone knows anything about this I will appreciate their feedback. Thanks.

Yes, they confirm those details. I don't know how this is done, but they do. Hence, you are required to present only genuine documents to the visa officer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Spiceyspicey: 11:59am On Oct 10, 2023
lifeofgolden1:

Yes, they confirm those details. I don't know how this is done, but they do. Hence, you are required to present only genuine documents to the visa officer.

Thanks for your response ,but can I get

isn’t aware? Will they contact the
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lifeofgolden1: 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2023
Spiceyspicey:

Thanks for your response ,but can I get an authentic bank statement from the bank but the sponsor isn’t aware? Will they contact the sponsor?

I don't think this is feasible. Kindly look for sponsors who are ready to give you their bank statements. Danger lurks when you go through the backdoor. No bank will give you their customers' bank statements without the customers' authorization. How do you want to go about this in the first place? Even shee-car-go cannot grant this request.

Please, get a sponsor or work hard to get a scholarship.

Sharlom
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2023
Spiceyspicey:

Thanks for your response ,but can I get

isn’t aware? Will they contact the

Yes they will contact
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rdfactor(m): 8:24pm On Oct 10, 2023
Hi everyone.

Please, is there anyone here who have done an F1 visa renewal before? I need some guidance.

I have reasons to be physically present in Nigeria next month and my F1 visa also expires next month. I was told it’s possible to do Dropbox and have ur passport mailed to ur address in Nigeria while still in Nigeria. If anyone has done renewal before, I’ll like to talk. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ritasonly: 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2023
[quote author=Delass post=122656060]I'm also in this category. I applied on 18/04/2023 and got the same message. I mailed them immediately and they replied told they would review and revert. I think this situation only affects Lagos applicants.
Good day please how long did it take
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 11:37pm On Oct 10, 2023
Rdfactor:
Hi everyone.

Please, is there anyone here who have done an F1 visa renewal before? I need some guidance.

I have reasons to be physically present in Nigeria next month and my F1 visa also expires next month. I was told it’s possible to do Dropbox and have ur passport mailed to ur address in Nigeria while still in Nigeria. If anyone has done renewal before, I’ll like to talk. Thanks

I will suggest you pay and start the application process. If they want you to do dropbox, they will let you know and if they need you to appear for interview, select any date you see, write them to request expedite interview date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rdfactor(m): 11:46pm On Oct 10, 2023
GboyegaD:

I will suggest you pay and start the application process. If they want you to do dropbox, they will let you know and if they need you to appear for interview, select any date you see, write them to request expedite interview date.

Thanks for responding I really appreciate. I understand what you said and I’ll try to see what works. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 12:10am On Oct 11, 2023
Rdfactor:
Hi everyone.

You can renew but I doubt they will deliver to your address. You'd have to pickup at DHL Lagos or Abuja. It's not called Dropbox it's called interview waiver , check requirements on the US embassy Nigeria site and follow prompts for interview waiver to book appointment.

Interview waiver applicants can still be called for interviews so bare that in mind

Your might want to consider getting it renewed in nearby embassies in Mexico or Canada instead.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ayodeji4christ: 5:09am On Oct 11, 2023
Good morning guys. I was asked research interest but I never had any in mind. Should I search for the research areas of the faculty members in the department or I should do my research independently?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emmatee1816(m): 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2023
Hello house
I recently got admitted to New Mexico Highlands University for spring 2024 session.

I am yet to be issued an i20.
Pending the time the i20 is issued, is it advisable to start the visa application so I can start get an early interview date.
Or should i hold on till the i20 is issued.

NB;When I inquired on how soon I would be issued an i20,they said no established timeline for when i20 would be issued.
I would appreciate your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by antifat(m): 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2023
Taal17:

You can renew but I doubt they will deliver to your address. You'd have to pickup at DHL Lagos or Abuja. It's not called Dropbox it's called interview waiver , check requirements on the US embassy Nigeria site and follow prompts for interview waiver to book appointment.

Interview waiver applicants can still be called for interviews so bare that in mind

Your might want to consider getting it renewed in nearby embassies in Mexico or Canada instead.

Pls can you add me to the Telegram/Wahtsapp channel for updates. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
Emmatee1816:
Hello house
I recently got admitted to New Mexico Highlands University for spring 2024 session.

I am yet to be issued an i20.
Pending the time the i20 is issued, is it advisable to start the visa application so I can start get an early interview date.
Or should i hold on till the i20 is issued.

NB;When I inquired on how soon I would be issued an i20,they said no established timeline for when i20 would be issued.
I would appreciate your response

Spring 2024 ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2023
Ebubu:

Do I need to add my secondary school during my wes evaluation?
I just completed my first degree and going for graduate school.

Is your school asking for sec school results to be evaluated?

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (532) (Reply)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: Ayosharon4321, Samhyme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.