Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (677271 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (529) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2023
ayodeji4christ:
Good morning guys. I was asked research interest but I never had any in mind. Should I search for the research areas of the faculty members in the department or I should do my research independently?

A good way to approach this is to think about what interests you in your field of study. It could be a topic you found interesting in one of your undergraduate courses that you will like to learn more about or a concept you think is worth your time pondering on. This will guide you as you use it in an inverted funnel way. You use that one thing and expand on it to find in what different ways you can explore it.

For example, I studied economics. One of the things that I found interesting was National Income right from High School. The reason was the effect Structural Adjustment Program (SAP) had on my family. That was a driving force that led me into thinking I would want to understand how policies are formulated better. Nonetheless, thinking about National Income, Per Capita Income, and the GDP of Nigeria; I thought it will be interesting studying how we might be able to use policy to improve the Oil and Gas sector which was/is our major source of income. Therefore, my research interest went in that direction.

I could think of National Income and think more about it from a GDP perspective and think of how Government can improve living standards. This might lead me into Macroeconomics and can guide me in the area of Taxation/Fiscal or Financial/Monetary Economics. It could at the same time make me think of how can we make our industries better perhaps, I am more interested in Economics from an individual/firm perspective and that could make me think of researching more in Industrial Economics to see how firms and individuals interact in the market space. I might also think about it from how government behaviors affects firms/industry decisions.

In essence, let your heart think of that one thing that fascinates you and let your imagination guide you as to what you really would want to ponder on and not get frustrated.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 5:10pm On Oct 11, 2023
Emmatee1816:
Hello house
I recently got admitted to New Mexico Highlands University for spring 2024 session.

I am yet to be issued an i20.
Pending the time the i20 is issued, is it advisable to start the visa application so I can start get an early interview date.
Or should i hold on till the i20 is issued.

NB;When I inquired on how soon I would be issued an i20,they said no established timeline for when i20 would be issued.
I would appreciate your response

You can start and update your DS-160 once you get the necessary information.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emmatee1816(m): 6:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
BigIyanga:

Spring 2024 ?
Yes,spring 2024
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 7:40pm On Oct 11, 2023
Emmatee1816:

Yes,spring 2024
You still have time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Emmatee1816(m): 8:49pm On Oct 11, 2023
BigIyanga:

You still have time
If I am not mistaken,spring session is supposed to be January
That means I have less than 3months to apply and secure a visa date.
You can shed more light in your claims
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 11:12pm On Oct 11, 2023
Emmatee1816:

If I am not mistaken,spring session is supposed to be January
That means I have less than 3months to apply and secure a visa date.
You can shed more light in your claims

If it's January date for start then I'd say get your interview date no. A Dec date would not be bad or a late November date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BlessedABee: 5:34am On Oct 12, 2023
Why STEM?

If it because of the 3 years OPT, then you can apply to SLU’s MBA program as the program is STEM-certified. For other STEM certified programs for International students, Google β€œSLU Global Grads”

Ninomitchs:
Please I need assistance.
I am currently looking for a course to apply for Masters in SLU Saint Louis University in the states.
I have been advised to do a STEM related course. However, my Bachelor degree is in Theatre Arts and I am currently working as a Customer care rep in a Telecom company at the moment.
Please I need advise on nice courses I can apply for that would grant post study visa and employment opportunities.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ChisomagaOI(m): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2023
Hello, Please I have this student loan approved to the tone of 25kUsd. I am to submit this loan approval letter to my school to be included in the I-20. This loan will cover my total expense but I am worried how the VO will see the loan. Do you think is a good or bad signal that you might want to stay back in the US to be able to pay up your loan ( VO). I don't know if there is any testimony for or against having a student loan before going for ur Visa interview.
I am worried if am to decline or go on with the loan.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2023
ChisomagaOI:
Hello, Please I have this student loan approved to the tone of 25kUsd. I am to submit this loan approval letter to my school to be included in the I-20. This loan will cover my total expense but I am worried how the VO will see the loan. Do you think is a good or bad signal that you might want to stay back in the US to be able to pay up your loan ( VO). I don't know if there is any testimony for or against having a student loan before going for ur Visa interview.
I am worried if am to decline or go on with the loan.

I am not sure the Visa Officer is concerned you are getting a loan to fund your studies. The important thing is being able to prove your intentions to study and vacate the US upon completion of your studies. By the way, you can pay up the loan during your OPT and STEM OPT if you land a good job and are not encumbered with other obligations.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Utonneidio: 8:16am On Oct 13, 2023
Good morning everyone, please I need an honest answer. I am married and my husband is currently doing his PhD in the school that offered me admission, I'm to resume by spring of 2024, I haven't received my i20 yet. Please during the visa application and interview should I mention that I'm married? I heard mentioning that having a spouse or relative is a red flag. My documents still carry my name because I haven't done change of name yet, so please is there need to mention that I'm married?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by worldclass68(m): 10:47am On Oct 13, 2023
Nozino:

I got admitted into PhD programs with HND. There are several Unis that will accept HND into Msc direct. Some will ask for credential evaluation and you can use WES.

Pls sir/ma I need those sch that can accept me via HND (upper) plsssss πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by gheekhone: 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2023
Please does anyone know if a Globus bank statement is accepted?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 5:18pm On Oct 13, 2023
Utonneidio:
Good morning everyone, please I need an honest answer. I am married and my husband is currently doing his PhD in the school that offered me admission, I'm to resume by spring of 2024, I haven't received my i20 yet. Please during the visa application and interview should I mention that I'm married? I heard mentioning that having a spouse or relative is a red flag. My documents still carry my name because I haven't done change of name yet, so please is there need to mention that I'm married?

It is a dicey one however, there is nothing as good as been truthful.

What you could do is to explain you think this is the best time to go for graduate studies and also, you both can use this time to bond and upon completion of his studies, you plan to return to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2023
worldclass68:

Pls sir/ma I need those sch that can accept me via HND (upper) plsssss πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

You should be able to find this yourself as almost every university admits people with HND. Why not find the program that suits what you want and check their requirements? You can write to the office of international students of such universities and they will tell you if they take the raw transcript and evaluate it in-house or they need it evaluated by an evaluation body.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by worldclass68(m): 6:15pm On Oct 13, 2023
GboyegaD:

You should be able to find this yourself as almost every university admits people with HND. Why not find the program that suits what you want and check their requirements? You can write to the office of international students of such universities and they will tell you if they take the raw transcript and evaluate it in-house or they need it evaluated by an evaluation body.

Thanks....been trying to figure our some unis but they re not straight forward with fees and possibly waiver fees....that's I'm asking questions if there particular units that's good for HND and tuition friendly too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GboyegaD(m): 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2023
worldclass68:

Thanks....been trying to figure our some unis but they re not straight forward with fees and possibly waiver fees....that's I'm asking questions if there particular units that's good for HND and tuition friendly too

In my opinion, there is nothing like a tuition friendly school at graduate school level since interest is very key. You don't want to be frustrated while in school. Good side is every program has some form of funding and if you need more information, you could either write to the graduate program secretary/administrator or graduate program director of the program you are interested in.

They always respond to inquiries.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by worldclass68(m): 10:14pm On Oct 13, 2023
GboyegaD:

In my opinion, there is nothing like a tuition friendly school at graduate school level since interest is very key. You don't want to be frustrated while in school. Good side is every program has some form of funding and if you need more information, you could either write to the graduate program secretary/administrator or graduate program director of the program you are interested in.

They always respond to inquiries.

Thanks sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NairaLuck: 11:17pm On Oct 13, 2023
Please any
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by anyanwukelechij: 10:29am On Oct 14, 2023
pls my embassy account was hacked n i saw that my acct is now in Gambia instead of nigeria! have anyone ever encountered such issue, how did u resolve it ? cos i was originally scheduled for interview may 22 2024 but on logging into my account yesterday after doing a reset password on my account, i noticed the drastic change that my account i.e my username is now profiled in gambia . and when i tried updating my profile , i noticed that my profile was blank. pls wat do i do about it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:17pm On Oct 14, 2023
Please, can someone recommend me to anyone who writes a good academical CV?

And also, how many words are good for an ideal sop?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Leftrightcenter(m): 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2023
Why not do a personalized CV yourself?
Also, you can search and download CV app from Google Playstore.

For the SOP, some schools state the required format, number of words(like ≀ 500/750 words) or pages(1-2 pages) while others do not. You can verify from your school's website. But if it is not stated, it is good not to exceed 2 pages.
AllDModsAreMaad:
Please, can someone recommend me to anyone who writes a good academical CV?

And also, how many words are good for an ideal sop?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AllDModsAreMaad: 12:11am On Oct 15, 2023
Leftrightcenter:
Why not do a personalized CV yourself?
Also, you can search and download CV app from Google Playstore.

For the SOP, some schools state the required format, number of words(like ≀ 500/750 words) or pages(1-2 pages) while others do not. You can verify from your school's website. But if it is not stated, it is good not to exceed 2 pages.

Thank you so much!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chunkuli: 2:52am On Oct 15, 2023
Please i need to be added to date search group 08055500516. [/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibuchris1: 10:30am On Oct 16, 2023
Hi everyone. Please i am having the same issue in booking my visa appointment. I don't really know what is happening, who can please explain to us.
Moonlightq:
Hi guys good morning to you all , please is there any one who is going to Florida state uni for spring?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibuchris1: 10:41am On Oct 16, 2023
Good day everyone, please I want to be added to F1 visa interview WhatsApp group. my phone number is 08068344446

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibuchris1: 10:48am On Oct 16, 2023
Good day everyone,
please I have not been able to schedule my USA F1 visa appointment, the portal is telling me that an email will be sent to me on when my application to schedule an appointment is approved and it has been like that for almost a month now. I don't know what is happening, can anyone explain to me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by solorems(m): 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2023
Please do let me know, if you have gotten any feedback on this, as my is at the smae level.
What I am thinking, is that, this is pecuilar to only Lagos embassy, because people said there are dates in Abuja
chibuchris1:
Good day everyone,
please I have not been able to schedule my USA F1 visa appointment, the portal is telling me that an email will be sent to me on when my application to schedule an appointment is approved and it has been like that for almost a month now. I don't know what is happening, can anyone explain to me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dike987: 9:00pm On Oct 16, 2023
Please house, can F1 wear native for interview??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by nanugebrhiwet: 9:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
chibuchris1:
Good day everyone, please I want to be added to F1 visa interview WhatsApp group. my phone number is 08068344446
SAME HERE 09055008224

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (529) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: Sammyup and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.