Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,385 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (698247 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (540) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eni997: 8:41pm On Nov 03, 2023
Is it saying no appointments available, or that you will be emailed when your request to schdule an appointment has been received?

BETHANY2024:
BETHANY2024:
Good evening Forum,

Is there any body could help to tell when would US consulate in Lagos or US Embassy in Abuja open interview dates for the January 2024 intake.
I kept checking my profile booked for Lagos, and it continuing saying - no appointments available at this time.

Any info will belp.

Thanks.
Bethy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by blessmee: 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
Hello asking for a friend: I’m Filling out my form Ds160, please should I use the school’s international admission officer as my contact person?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lifeofgolden1: 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2023
blessmee:
Hello asking for a friend: I’m Filling out my form Ds160, please should I use the school’s international admission officer as my contact person?

Yes!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lifeofgolden1: 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2023
Eni997:
Is it saying no appointments available, or that you will be emailed when your request to schdule an appointment has been received?

Omo, how I wish those guys could just say something. Their silence is unbearable.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BETHANY2024: 10:56pm On Nov 03, 2023
Thank you Eni977,

It is saying ''no appointments available''.

I even email the logistics company - ustraveldocs via my portal and they replied saying visa appointment slots is at the discretion of the US Embassy, and they we should be checking the portal for dates. We just hope the Embassy will open it soon say one week so December 2023 dates will show up.

Thanks, and any reply for us to inform the house once the dates are open will be fine.

Bethy

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by crowniran(m): 11:10pm On Nov 03, 2023
GRE and Toefl discount prices is back!
Watch this space!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TenaciousOrphan: 11:31pm On Nov 03, 2023
A SERIOUS ISSUE THAT REQUIRES URGENT ADVICE:
A female friend whom I knew here in the USA is in serious trouble. She needs advice and assistance:
1. Though she has an M.Sc and 6 years teaching experience with 28 publications in Nigeria, she was admitted to one of the highly ranked Schools in USA as an Msc student without funding, she didn't admissions orientations before we met. After 30k GA was given to her, Her Tuition is still 35k yearly. She has managed to pay 11k, but the remaining 24k needs to be paid b4 registering for spring but she doesn't have the money to pay and she was advised to take leave of absence.
2. The major problem is that, she has her husband and 3 children in 9ja. The goal is to enter a Ph.D by fall 2024 in my school or any other school here and I am already helping her with that. BUT SHE WANTS TO LEAVE THE CURRENT MSC PROGRAM TOTALLY, AND CONCENTRATE ON GETTING PHD ADMISSIONS WHILE DOING UNDER-G JOBS FOR NOW.
THE BIG QUESTION IS: WILL THIS LAST STEP OF LEAVING THE PROGRAM AFFECT HER FAMILY WHEN THEY WANT TO APPLY FOR F-2 FROM NIGERIA: SHE NEEDS ADVICE PLEASE?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:16am On Nov 04, 2023
Ammydee:

I am a lawyer, I am going for a masters in law.

A masters in law? Are you coming to attend law school and receive an LLM? You’ve practiced for 2 years but your firm is offering to foot the equivalent of 3 times what a tenured attorney over in Nigeria earns in a year? This was a red flag for the VO.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sbrainy(m): 1:42am On Nov 04, 2023
Hi TenaciousOrphan,

It is unclear to me from your post if your female friend is already in the U.S or not, Number 2 is giving the assumption that she's already in the U.S. In anycase, I'd express my personal opinion on the subject which will cover whether she's in the U.S already or not.

If she is already here in the U.S,
Summary: She should endeavor not to go out of status (fail to enroll and allow the DSO to terminate the sevis record)! If focusing on Ph.D. application for Fall 2024 means that she'd quit her M.S, that may not be a perfect idea as she will lose her F1 status and it will affect her Family in the end. If it happens that person X goes out off status, and gets admitted in a school with Full funding for Fall 2024, she'd need to apply for reinstatement of her Sevis record terminated by her M.S School. This may be a complex situation to handle. Again, based on the assumption that she's in the U.S, perhaps she should explore other means of paying the fees such as transfer to a school with a lesser COA and could accommodate payment plan or access other payment options accessible within the U.S.

Now, If she is not in the U.S already, I'd say that she should resume very early, hunt for any supplemental fundings (if applicable), and begin a conversation with the finance office about payment plan (sometimes, the conversation is different when you are already on ground, they maybe inclined to provide such pathway).

But right now, she should have a Plan B: search for smaller schools with lower COA that still have open admission window for Spring 2024. apply and get an admission. Incase the supplemental funding or payment plan conversation fails, she may perhaps seek refund and transfer her Sevis record to the new school with lower COA and have more flexible accommodation.

TenaciousOrphan:
A female friend whom I knew here in the USA is in serious trouble. She needs advice and assistance:
1. Though she has an M.Sc and 6 years teaching experience with 28 publications in Nigeria, she was admitted to one of the highly ranked Schools in USA as an Msc student without funding, she didn't admissions orientations before we met. After 30k GA was given to her, Her Tuition is still 35k yearly. She has managed to pay 11k, but the remaining 24k needs to be paid b4 registering for spring but she doesn't have the money to pay and she was advised to take leave of absence.
2. The major problem is that, she has her husband and 3 children in 9ja. The goal is to enter a Ph.D by fall 2024 in my school or any other school here and I am already helping her with that. BUT SHE WANTS TO LEAVE THE CURRENT MSC PROGRAM TOTALLY, AND CONCENTRATE ON GETTING PHD ADMISSIONS WHILE DOING UNDER-G JOBS FOR NOW.
THE BIG QUESTION IS: WILL THIS LAST STEP OF LEAVING THE PROGRAM AFFECT HER FAMILY WHEN THEY WANT TO APPLY FOR F-2 FROM NIGERIA: SHE NEEDS ADVICE PLEASE?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayDtolu(m): 2:52am On Nov 04, 2023
Pls, I paid my visa fee yesterday and I was told to be expecting an email, Can I know how long does it takes?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 3:15am On Nov 04, 2023
TenaciousOrphan:

When you tell people to plan well before jumping to obtain a visa, they tell you you're trying to block their destiny. Your friend is in a lot of trouble. Her only option is to get a transfer. If she goes out of status, it will be difficult to reinstate her.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Opemz: 3:47am On Nov 04, 2023
Guru in the house, please help me judge this transcript. My sister attended yesterday
4F2:

Abuja Embassy

Me: Good morning
Vo:Where are you going?
Me: I am going to university of Massachusetts to visit my husband currently doing his PhD under the supervision of Professor Sam. Additionally, my last baby was born when my husband already left for his studies in the US.
HmVo: How long you want to stay
Me: 4week. I will be resuming back to my work on 28th because I will be facilitating a training and I will also be attending my father burial on 7th of Feb.
Vo: tell your husband to invite if he want you to come
Next:Blue paper. Doesn't allow me to talk

Please guru in the house your advice is highly needed. She is thinking maybe B1/B2 is the best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2023
blessmee:

Yes, the embassy will send you an email
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2023
Opemz:
Guru in the house, please help me judge this transcript. My sister attended yesterday
4F2:

Abuja Embassy

Me: I am going to university of Massachusetts to visit my husband currently doing his PhD under the supervision of Professor Sam. Additionally, my last baby was born when my husband already left for his studies in the US.
Me: 4week. I will be resuming back to my work on 28th because I will be facilitating a training and I will also be attending my father burial on 7th of Feb.

Please guru in the house your advice is highly needed. She is thinking maybe B1/B2 is the best

You've been told what to do

Just go ahead with that
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Observer25: 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2023
Opemz:
4F2:

Abuja Embassy

Ridiculous answer from the consular. Didn't they create F2 visa for this particular purpose. Will they refund her money back. This sounds crazy to me. Denying for no justifiable reason.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayDtolu(m): 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2023
mayDtolu:
Pls, I paid my visa fee yesterday and I was told to be expecting an email, Can I know how long does it takes?

Anybody?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greenstoneb(m): 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2023
For 1st attempt or 2nd attempt
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayDtolu(m): 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2023
Greenstoneb:
For 1st attempt or 2nd attempt

1st attempt
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2023
mayDtolu:

Please I sent you an email

joshuaoguike1@gmail.com

oguikejoshua1@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greenstoneb(m): 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2023
Within 5 working days.

mayDtolu:

1st attempt

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Greenstoneb(m): 6:05pm On Nov 04, 2023
You can email me for assistance
Greenstonebennie@gmail.com

Anjorofi1:
I tried to schedule an appointment after inputting my reference number but it keeps showing me ( your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed.)

For 8 days now .

Please what should I do at this case ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Taal17: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
TenaciousOrphan:

Let her get student loan to pay the balance, I'm assuming she hasn't tried that option.
She can not be out of status
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Opemz: 12:12am On Nov 05, 2023
Guru in the house.

Please can I get appointments date for B1/B2 this year or early next year

Please I need your info
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by welf99: 2:25am On Nov 05, 2023
Opemz:
4F2:

Abuja Embassy

I think the problem is that F2 is a dependent visa tied to the duration of her spouse study. It is not a short visit visa ..that is why the VO asked how long you are staying. You should have said you are staying for the duration of your spouse study to give him emotional support and to keep the family together having giving birth after he left...you know something emotional. F2 visa was created for dependent and you qualified for it, no point lying about the true intentions having secured the F2-I20. All the things you said about coming back after 4wks is unnecessary, you make it look like you applied for B1/B2. So stay on your F2 and reapply . But if you truly wants to return after 4weeks request for invitation from your husband and apply for B1/B2. Honestly you don't need that stress , your best option if F2 , put yourself together , and reapply

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by welf99: 2:33am On Nov 05, 2023
Opemz:
Guru in the house.

Please can I get appointments date for B1/B2 this year or early next year

Please I need your info

Applying for B1/B2 is not a wise decision . It is a panic one, unless she is ready to convince the VO beyond reasonable doubt that she doesn't have dual intent, having previously applied for F2.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Opemz: 3:26am On Nov 05, 2023
welf99:

I think the problem is that F2 is a dependent visa tied to the duration of her spouse study. It is not a short visit visa ..that is why the VO asked how long you are staying. You should have said you are staying for the duration of your spouse study to give him emotional support and to keep the family together having giving birth after he left...you know something emotional. F2 visa was created for dependent and you qualified for it, no point lying about the true intentions having secured the F2-I20. All the things you said about coming back after 4wks is unnecessary, you make it look like you applied for B1/B2. So stay on your F2 and reapply . But if you truly wants to return after 4weeks request for invitation from your husband and apply for B1/B2. Honestly you don't need that stress , your best option if F2 , put yourself together , and reapply

Thanks alot. I appreciate your response. The cost of dependent is 22k but the husband is fully funded. I think the VO is thinking how can they survive since dependents are ineligible to work.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Prinxly: 8:48am On Nov 05, 2023
welf99:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Omotolapeggy: 10:26am On Nov 05, 2023
Ade2303:
If there’s a group such as this, I will like to be added as well, 08104348445

Please kindly add me too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lifeofgolden1: 10:41am On Nov 05, 2023
Hello everyone, please help with my dilemma.

" Previously Refused - Visa refused in the last 6 months (WARNING: Your appointment will be cancelled for providing false information. If your appointment is cancelled, you will need to re-pay your visa fee)

Regular - Visa not refused in the last 12 months "

Putting the above scenario in context, I was delayed in the year 2020. The delay is more than 6 and 12 months as specified.

Which of the categories above do I qualify for - previously refused or regular?

Please, help me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Digbick: 10:42am On Nov 05, 2023
Regular
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Digbick: 10:43am On Nov 05, 2023
Regular - Visa not refused in the last 12 months

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (540) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: Dike987, Ebdumi, Leftrightcenter(m), Seigha23(f), bshape and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.