Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (702730 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ileftmyexinlag: 10:02am On Nov 02, 2023
hi guys, did anyone here that was scheduled for their F1 interview on nov 7 get this? kind of confused because of the “Interview Waiver” in the email subject. want to confirm if email subject is the same thing you got. thank you!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lifeofgolden1: 11:08am On Nov 02, 2023
ileftmyexinlag:
hi guys, did anyone here that was scheduled for their F1 interview on nov 7 get this? kind of confused because of the “Interview Waiver” in the email subject. want to confirm if email subject is the same thing you got. thank you!

You need not be confused about the email header.
Prepare for your interview and I wish you the very best.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ileftmyexinlag: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2023
lifeofgolden1:

You need not be confused about the email header.
Prepare for your interview and I wish you the very best.

grazie
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Victor6677889: 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2023
Eni997:
Pick the date and apply for emergency appointment

Alright thank you please , I appreciate your responses .

Hopefully that will work , I have heard that people get denied for emergency appointments lately .

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Victor6677889: 1:16pm On Nov 02, 2023
krcboy:
its not about rushing to pick early dates next week, the main thing is "are you fully prepared" If you are goodluck and it will end jn praise.

But in a situation your school dates start’s January on your i20 and got a date for February.

How do I follow it up please?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 1:46pm On Nov 02, 2023
Victor6677889:

Alright thank you please , I appreciate your responses .

Hopefully that will work , I have heard that people get denied for emergency appointments lately .

So the ones that got approved are what? ghost or aliens?
Better quash that negative side talk and forge for success
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2023
Victor6677889:

But in a situation your school dates start’s January on your i20 and got a date for February.

Just defer, cos the only grace the school can give is 2 weeks after resumption date.

But you can try request for emergency date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2023
Victor6677889:

keep looking for closer dates
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Domanto4Biz: 3:50pm On Nov 02, 2023
Thanks for this thread
A lot of value have been shared
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Victor6677889: 4:01pm On Nov 02, 2023
sobastical:

So the ones that got approved are what? ghost or aliens?
Better quash that negative side talk and forge for success

Alright…. Positivity only . 💪

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Victor6677889: 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2023
sobastical:

Just defer, cos the only grace the school can give is 2 weeks after resumption date.

But you can try request for emergency date

Alright , I will try that out these options… thank you so much 🙏🏾

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ade2303: 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2023
Sorry to hear about your refusal, the VO already addressed the main concern why your application was not approved.

Answers to your questions.
1. You can reapply anytime, even the following day, however be ready to answer questions like, “you were here the last time, what has changed?”
You should also be aware that If you couldn’t provide any significant change in your situation like reduce COA or deficit, or a convincing statement to back up your case, that’s most likely to lead to another denial”.

2. Bond Agreement? A document…
The reason why the VO’s are usually not interested in any document you might be holding is because they are aware of how easy to get papers in Nigeria, be it fake or original, with connections to serve a purpose at a given time, and since you’ve been there too and see how fast they make decisions on applications, so this is most likely not going to work, I’d say it’s 50/50.

Possible Solution.
NB:
Don’t be too desperate trying to meet a deadline of a resumption, because without a Visa, you can’t even go anywhere…

** If your current school can’t increase your scholarship to decrease your deficit, search and apply to another school with less COA, more funding and with no or less deficit, probably for May or September 2024 intake, that way, you can easily argue your case and answer what changed in your application in your next interview…

#This is just from my personal experience and knowledge, I wish you the best in your next application.

Ammydee:
First Attempt, Denied
Consulate: Lagos
Date: October 30th 2023
VO: plump white lady in window 2
COA: $77,000
Scholarship: $35000
Deficit: $42,000
Sponsor: Employer

VO: what do you do ?
Me: I work as a lawyer in the corporate and commercial law department of ****, a law firm.
VO: Are you married
Me : yes, I am
VO: How long have you worked for your company
Me: I have worked with my firm since 2021
VO: That is 2 years and How much do you earn ?
Me: I earn ****
VO: You’ve worked for only two years and earn this amount, why do they want to spend so much money on your education ?
Me: overtime I have contributed tremendously to the growth of the firm and surpasses my KPI last year by over 25%……
VO: cuts me short……i am not convinced as to why they will want to sponsor your education as what you earn does not tally with the amount they are willing to spend. Unfortunately I will not be approving your visa.

The company is actually sponsoring but I did not have the time to sufficient explain the structure of the funding.
It’s an Advanced Training Scheme, which requires me to sign a bond that I will come back to work for the firm for 3 years upon completion of the degree or pay the total amount the firm spent in the training.

They are paying the remaining school fees, which is about $28k

While the room and board will be sorted out by my husband

Unfortunately I didn’t put my husband in my 1-20 as a co-sponsor, so I decided not to mention it to the VO

My questions are:
1. How soon can I reapply? I was thinking of reapplying this week, and hopefully get another date in late November or December as I’m supposed to resume in January.
2. How do I convince the VO that my office is actually sponsoring, will the bond agreement suffice?

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayDtolu(m): 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2023
mayDtolu:
Pls, If you are going for spring 2024 and your visa has been approved. Kindly share your experience.

To get a date is not easy and I have been seen a lot of denials.

Pls, Kindly share your experience if approved for spring 2024. 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Pash3685: 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2023
Lagos Embassy
First Attempt
2nd November, 2023
9:45am
MSc in Animal Science
COA $31,701k
No Funding
Visa denied❌
Window 7(Asian Lady)

While on the queue in the interview hall, I noticed no visa applicant was approved, this made me feel a bit uneasy and my nervousness grew a notch higher. Surprisingly, I felt some strange calmness when it got to my turn...

VO: (Beckons to me) Come forward..
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, pass me your documents
Me: Here they are..
VO: So what is your mission to the US?
Me: I am going to the US to pursue my Masters degree program in Animal Science at Texas A & M University, Kingsville, Texas, USA.
VO: When did you finish your first degree?
Me: 2010
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: Upon my graduation, I started my poultry and Piggery farm(she started typing..) It is a 2,000 bird capacity farm where we produce Poultry eggs, Poultry meat in form of Spent Layers and Pig meat to(Cuts in)
VO: Since you're already established as a farmer, why then do you need this degree in Animal Science?(continues her typing without looking at me)
Me: Having gathered sufficient skills and experience in the Sales, Management and Business aspects of my farm, I was motivated to add to my knowledge in the area of Animal Health, Nutrition and Production in other to improve on the yield & quality of the animal products emanating from our farms and also to add value and meet customer expectations (cuts in again.. she appeared impatient)
VO: Have you ever been to the Unites States before?
Me: No
VO: Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me: No, I haven't had any reason to travel out of Nigeria but I have been to several states in Nigeria for business related purposes.
VO: Who would be handling your farm while you're away?
Me: My wife would be managing my farm enterprise till I return to Nigeria after my Masters program. She is...(cuts in)
VO: Who would be paying for your education?
Me: My education would be sponsored by my dad. He is a Structural and Site engineer. His company is into Building & Construction works where he earns 50million naira a year. He also has 6 residential buildings in Abuja, Oyo and Lagos states from where he earns 40million naira annually as rental income.(she kept nodding without looking at me. I took my time to scan through her table when I observed a pile of blue papers but no white paper)
VO: (after typing for over 90secs) I'm sorry you're not qualified for a visa at this time. This blue paper would guide you further. Thank you.
Have your passport please.
Me: Thanks (took my passport and left)

Guys, pls I would appreciate if anyone could point out the likely errors that resulted in the denial. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ade2303: 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2023
Sorry to hear about your visa denial, from my perspective, the major reason your application was not approved is because of funding… 🚩

You also established that you’ve been running your own poultry since 2010, the Visa Officer is most likely going to expect you to sponsor yourself since you’ve been working for yourself for over 10 years now, having your Dad sponsor you in this case seems to be a red flag. 🚩

You need to work on your funding and how you present it in your next application.

NB: This is just based on my experience and research.

Pash3685:
Lagos Embassy
First Attempt
2nd November, 2023
MSc in Animal Science
COA $31,701k
No Funding
Visa denied❌
Window 7(Asian Lady)

While on the queue in the interview hall, I noticed no visa applicant was approved, this made me feel a bit uneasy and my nervousness grew a notch higher. Surprisingly, I felt some strange calmness when it got to my turn...

Me: I am going to the US to pursue my Masters degree program in Animal Science at Texas A & M University, Kingsville, Texas, USA.
Me: Upon my graduation, I started my poultry and Piggery farm(she started typing..) It is a 2,000 bird capacity farm where we produce Poultry eggs, Poultry meat in form of Spent Layers and Pig meat to(Cuts in)
VO: Since you're already established as a farmer, why then do you need this degree in Animal Science?(continues her typing without looking at me)
Me: Having gathered sufficient skills and experience in the Sales, Management and Business aspects of my farm, I was motivated to add to my knowledge in the area of Animal Health, Nutrition and Production in other to improve on the yield & quality of the animal products emanating from our farms and also to add value and meet customer expectations (cuts in again.. she appeared impatient)
Me: No, I haven't had any reason to travel out of Nigeria but I have been to several states in Nigeria for business related purposes.
Me: My wife would be managing my farm enterprise till I return to Nigeria after my Masters program. She is...(cuts in)
Me: My education would be sponsored by my dad. He is a Structural and Site engineer. His company is into Building & Construction works where he earns 50million naira a year. He also has 6 residential buildings in Abuja, Oyo and Lagos states from where he earns 40million naira annually as rental income.(she kept nodding without looking at me. I took my time to scan through her table when I observed a pile of blue papers but no white paper)
VO: (after typing for over 90secs) I'm sorry you're not qualified for a visa at this time. This blue paper would guide you further. Thank you.

Guys, pls I would appreciate if anyone could point out the likely errors that resulted in the denial. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Pash3685: 7:30pm On Nov 02, 2023
Thanks for the response but won't there some kind of inconsistency if I put in my next application that I'll be funding myself?
Like if I'm asked what has changed
Ade2303:
Sorry to hear about your visa denial, from my perspective, the major reason your application was not approved is because of funding… 🚩

You also established that you’ve been running your own poultry since 2010, the Visa Officer is most likely going to expect you to sponsor yourself since you’ve been working for yourself for over 10 years now, having your Dad sponsor you in this case seems to be a red flag. 🚩

You need to work on your funding and how you present it in your next application.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayDtolu(m): 7:36pm On Nov 02, 2023
Pash3685:
Lagos Embassy
First Attempt
2nd November, 2023
MSc in Animal Science
COA $31,701k
No Funding
Visa denied❌
Window 7(Asian Lady)

Wow! Seems the rate of denial is so much recently.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ade2303: 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2023
If you could get a partial scholarship from your school or another school, you can easily say you have the deficit as your savings (If it’s not too much, build your bank statement for sometime while having the money saved bit by bit in your account against your next interview).

Also, your refusal is not because you couldn’t see any white paper on the VO’s table, trust me when someone comes in with a proper application at that moment, they will bring out the white paper).

Pash3685:
Thanks for the response but won't there some kind of inconsistency if I put in my next application that I'll be funding myself?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ade2303: 8:08pm On Nov 02, 2023
mayDtolu:

Wow! Seems the rate of denial is so much recently.

Denial rate has never been low, It is always high, lol…

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 9:00pm On Nov 02, 2023
Pash3685:
You have been self-employed for 13yrs, it would make sense that that you had funds saved up for your Ms…if not, it means that your biz has not been profitable to take care of your Ms studies….this raises a Japa red flag cos it seems you’re looking for an exit route to US.

You have to address your self-funding gap and what exactly your Ms program would do for your biz in Naija after graduation.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JungleboyT(m): 12:30am On Nov 03, 2023
Hi Everyone. I need an honest feedback on this. I intend going for a PhD Economics in the US with a First class degree in Economics, GREQ 170, GREV 163, AWA 3.5 and two years experience as a researcher in a consulting firm . I'm considering US schools within the 40-100 ranking. Would you advise I proceed with my PhD application or I opt for a terminal Masters program. And can you recommend schools I may add to my bucket list?

Note: The funding opportunities for PhD program is my driving force.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blessed4sure: 9:41am On Nov 03, 2023
Wow!

Such an impressive profile.

But with this profile, and as a researcher, Bro, you are more than capable to provide answers to these questions you're asking o. Though, I agree it's good to get contributions from others.

Personally, I think choosing between a terminal masters and a PhD basically depends on your career interests. If I were you though, I'd go for a PhD.

JungleboyT:
Hi Everyone. I need an honest feedback on this. I intend going for a PhD Economics in the US with a First class degree in Economics, GREQ 170, GREV 163, AWA 3.5 and two years experience as a researcher in a consulting firm . I'm considering US schools within the 40-100 ranking. Would you advise I proceed with my PhD application or I opt for a terminal Masters program. And can you recommend schools I may add to my bucket list?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ade2303: 10:20am On Nov 03, 2023
Nice profile, you should opt for a PhD.

PhD funding is not a bad reason to go for it.

All the best!

JungleboyT:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ade2303: 1:31pm On Nov 03, 2023
If there’s a group such as this, I will like to be added as well, 08104348445

Kjayy:
Please kindly add me to the F1 visa interview transcript & mock group 07065358283. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BETHANY2024: 2:48pm On Nov 03, 2023
BETHANY2024:
Good evening Forum,

Is there any body could help to tell when would US consulate in Lagos or US Embassy in Abuja open interview dates for the January 2024 intake.
I kept checking my profile booked for Lagos, and it continuing saying - no appointments available at this time.

Any info will belp.

Thanks.
Bethy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sandys(f): 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2023
Plz help me oooooo
Lagos portal is not open to schedule appointment

While Abuja to is showing febuary 27th.... 2024 @ my own end since last week
My resumption is January 12th......😌

Plz has anyone experience this before? And how did you overcome it? 🙏🙏🙏

You can ask your questions here and folks here will do their best to answer them. [/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sandys(f): 3:03pm On Nov 03, 2023
Plz help me oooooo

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Utonneidio: 3:21pm On Nov 03, 2023
[quote author=Ade2303 post=126770927]If there’s a group such as this, I will like to be added as well, 08122618594.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lifeofgolden1: 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2023
Sandys:
Plz help me oooooo

Is is still showing till this very moment? If yes, pick the date ad request for expedited appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AlphaMaximus(m): 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (542) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: Asher100 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.