Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (676730 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (528) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teminio: 1:16am On Oct 30, 2023
Teminio post=126672241

Kindly help please

:

Please I need advice on this.
The GTB receipt is a reissue and without the bank stamp.
Just to confirm from the gurus in the house if there is anything to worry about?
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Omotolapeggy: 7:58am On Oct 30, 2023
chibuchris1:
Good day everyone, please I want to be added to F1 visa interview WhatsApp group. my phone number is 08068344446

Please kindly add me to the transcript WhatsApp 09064495283
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Omotolapeggy: 7:59am On Oct 30, 2023
chibuchris1:
Good day everyone, please I want to be added to F1 visa interview WhatsApp group. my phone number is 08068344446

Please kindly add me to the F1 visa interview transcript & mock group 09064495283

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teminio: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2023
Good morning people!
I'm wondering why I don't get response to the question asked over several days now.
I know response is a favour, is there a criteria for response or is my question not cleared? I don't understand, please help!

Below is the question, I will appreciate response from kind heart based on experience
Does embassy accept GTBank receipt that was not stamped or signed? the original was misplaced.
If no, what should be done? Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Otisker(m): 11:39am On Oct 30, 2023
Teminio:
Good morning people!
I'm wondering why I don't get response to the question asked over several days now.
I know response is a favour, is there a criteria for response or is my question not cleared? I don't understand, please help!

Below is the question, I will appreciate response from kind heart based on experience
Does embassy accept GTBank receipt that was not stamped or signed? the original was misplaced.
This thread is dying
Checkout the thread for UK and see how active it is.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by aestake: 11:57am On Oct 30, 2023
Otisker:

This thread is dying
Checkout the thread for UK and see how active it is.
Good day everyone, please I want to be added to F1 visa interview WhatsApp group. my phone number is 08068344446 grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by aestake: 11:58am On Oct 30, 2023
Teminio:
Good morning people!

whatsapp group ooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blessed4sure: 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2023
I do not have an answer to this.

Was hoping it would be answered so I could benefit as well.

Teminio:
Good morning people!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jboyossai(m): 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
Please anyone with a GRE coupon should help a brother please 🙏

The pricing no be here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moonlightq: 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hello guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sharon8: 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2023
Teminio:
Good morning people!

The GTBank receipt does not have to be signed. All the embassy needs is a copy of the receipt as a proof of payment.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bamijibig(m): 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2023
Please I just applied for visa interview and after selecting the type of visa and entered my receipt Id, i was just told that they will get back to me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mojohnny(m): 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hi guys.
Please does anyone know how long one can expect to be stuck at this stage ?
Or if it means there was an error with the application?
Because one can’t search for dates with this page showing.

I would really appreciate a response.
Thanks in advance for your answer

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LadeeE: 12:20am On Oct 31, 2023
You don't receipt for visa interview.

Teminio:
Good morning people!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Swerveking14: 1:46am On Oct 31, 2023
Baba just find one accredited school go, be it high ranking or not, be it bla bla bla. So far the school is accredited, don’t worry, they’ll teach you well, the summary is are you willing to put your head down and learn. Also when you graduate “They’ll never ask you where you schooled. All those reputable school bla bla na for you and your resume. They only care about you sabi the job or not! At the end do what suites you.
Mobil567:
Thanks for showing me a city which is a second residence.

However, I am not sure the purpose of the photos like there’s barely any less developed city or university in the US? Photos do not always equal to efficiency.

As I said, there are way better universities than Lamar.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by davinchixx: 7:24am On Oct 31, 2023
thelabii:

Hello everyone!
Please can anyone add me the WhatsApp or telegram group for F1 visa interview transcript and date search as well.
Tel: ‪+380 63 828 9446‬ for Watsapp and 08023889490 for calls/texts
david.bwala@gmail.com
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nunu2023: 8:12am On Oct 31, 2023
mojohnny:
Hi guys.
Please does anyone know how long one can expect to be stuck at this stage ?
Or if it means there was an error with the application?
Because one can’t search for dates with this page showing.

I would really appreciate a response.
Thanks in advance for your answer

I have resolved my issue.....I simply changed my interview location to Abuja. I immediately got a date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by lifeofgolden1: 10:37am On Oct 31, 2023
Nunu2023:

I have resolved my issue.....I simply changed my interview location to Abuja. I immediately got a date.

Hi, thank you for this information.
But I have a question.

Does it mean if you fill your DS-160 using Lagos as the location, you can choose to have your interview in Abuja?

Your interview shouldn't be necessarily tied to the DS-160 location, right?

I anticipate your kind response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eni997: 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2023
What is the earliest date in abuja please?
Nunu2023:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tall2ce(m): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2023
Please what are my chances of getting a teaching assistantship or research assistantship slots as a Master students if apply to schools by December.

The three schools have a priority admission deadline of March for my field of study.

Does applying by December affect my chances?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eni997: 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2023
I dont think it matters
lifeofgolden1:

But I have a question.

Does it mean if you fill your DS-160 using Lagos as the location, you can choose to have your interview in Abuja?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ammydee: 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2023
First Attempt, Denied
Consulate: Lagos
Date: October 30th 2023
VO: plump white lady in window 2
COA: $77,000
Scholarship: $35000
Deficit: $42,000
Sponsor: Employer

VO: what do you do ?
Me: I work as a lawyer in the corporate and commercial law department of ****, a law firm.
VO: Are you married
Me : yes, I am
VO: How long have you worked for your company
Me: I have worked with my firm since 2021
VO: That is 2 years and How much do you earn ?
Me: I earn ****
VO: You’ve worked for only two years and earn this amount, why do they want to spend so much money on your education ?
Me: overtime I have contributed tremendously to the growth of the firm and surpasses my KPI last year by over 25%……
VO: cuts me short……i am not convinced as to why they will want to sponsor your education as what you earn does not tally with the amount they are willing to spend. Unfortunately I will not be approving your visa.

The company is actually sponsoring but I did not have the time to sufficient explain the structure of the funding.
It’s an Advanced Training Scheme, which requires me to sign a bond that I will come back to work for the firm for 3 years upon completion of the degree or pay the total amount the firm spent in the training.

They are paying the remaining school fees, which is about $28k

While the room and board will be sorted out by my husband

Unfortunately I didn’t put my husband in my 1-20 as a co-sponsor, so I decided not to mention it to the VO

My questions are:
1. How soon can I reapply? I was thinking of reapplying this week, and hopefully get another date in late November or December as I’m supposed to resume in January.
2. How do I convince the VO that my office is actually sponsoring, will the bond agreement suffice?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2023
Ammydee:
First Attempt, Denied

Me: I work as a lawyer in the corporate and commercial law department of ****, a law firm.
VO: You’ve worked for only two years and earn this amount, why do they want to spend so much money on your education ?
Me: overtime I have contributed tremendously to the growth of the firm and surpasses my KPI last year by over 25%……
VO: cuts me short……i am not convinced as to why they will want to sponsor your education as what you earn does not tally with the amount they are willing to spend. Unfortunately I will not be approving your visa.

The company is actually sponsoring but I did not have the time to sufficient explain the structure of the funding.
It’s an Advanced Training Scheme, which requires me to sign a bond that I will come back to work for the firm for 3 years upon completion of the degree or pay the total amount the firm spent in the training.

Unfortunately I didn’t put my husband in my 1-20 as a co-sponsor, so I decided not to mention it to the VO

My questions are:
1. How soon can I reapply? I was thinking of reapplying this week, and hopefully get another date in late November or December as I’m supposed to resume in January.
2. How do I convince the VO that my office is actually sponsoring, will the bond agreement suffice?

Thank you
Your deficit is too to much to be covered by a Naija lawfirm that you have been working for since 2021?

Why would a company spend so much $$ on a new hire like you?

Would you spend such an amount on a new employee if you were the CEO of the company?

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mayDtolu(m): 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2023
Pls, If you are going for spring 2024 and your visa has been approved. Kindly share your experience.

To get a date is not easy and I have been seen a lot of denials.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hellopoza: 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2023
Good morning guys,

Please has anyone applied to Georgia state uni(GSU) or George Washington Uni for MPH Spring semester 04? Any update on the admission?
I am a bit concerned regarding timeline since school resumes on Jan 15.

Hi, I applied for biology, nothing yet but I got an email for applicant interview last week. I was told I should be expecting admission decision soon
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sobastical: 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2023
lifeofgolden1:

But I have a question.

Why not?

There was a reason for the location in the first place
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by folahanayo16(m): 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2023
I got this message too for Lagos, they responded with an approval within two days.

I am trying to re-apply for F2 after a previous denial but there's no appointment date available for over two months now. When I change the priority to regular (not refused in 12 months, I saw appointment dates, but I'm not sure if it's okay to do that.

Has anyone reapplied and chose regular? Cos no date is coming up when I chose the option that I have been refused in the last 6 months.
I'll really appreciate it if I can get any help with this please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by folahanayo16(m): 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
So sorry about this, please can I ask you a question if you're trying to re-apply?
I'm trying to re-applly for F2 but I'm not getting appointment date if since I selected the option where they asked if you've been denied in the past 6 months. Do you plan to select this option of go for the regular option?
Ammydee:
First Attempt, Denied

My questions are:

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by folahanayo16(m): 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2023
You may be able to edit your DS160. That message I think is peculiar to lagos, although I got an approval after about 2 days.
lifeofgolden1:

But I have a question.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by folahanayo16(m): 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2023
Are you reapplying? I'm also getting this message, I realised it's because I indicated that I've been denied in the past 6 months, when I choose the regular appointment option, there were available dates. The challenge is I don;t know if it;s okay to choose the regular appointment
BETHANY2024:
Good evening Forum,

Is there any body could help to tell when would US consulate in Lagos or US Embassy in Abuja open interview dates for the January 2024 intake.
I kept checking my profile booked for Lagos, and it continuing saying - no appointments available at this time.

Any info will belp.

Thanks.
Bethy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anyigold1(m): 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
Good evening house please I want to be added on mock group abeg I am preparing for visa interview
Please thank 08033511761 this my WhatsApp number
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ammydee: 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2023
BigIyanga:

Your deficit is too to much to be covered by a Naija lawfirm that you have been working for since 2021?

Why would a company spend so much $$ on a new hire like you?

Would you spend such an amount on a new employee if you were the CEO of the company?
Ammydee post=126724218:

What do you suggest I do? Cause my office is actually paying the $28k deficit. I have a bond agreement, sponsorship letter and study leave letter to that effect. While my husband will be paying for my living expenses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (528) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: Cameraphone, Rotex111(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.